Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Lanthimos doesn't always hit but he at least isn't playing anything safe. A true artist

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KrjL_TSOFrI

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

christ we get it

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

what if popular thing was like other popular thing

Clip-On Fedora
Feb 20, 2011

I loving hate Wes Anderson gently caress that motherfucker please god don't let him make any more movies jsut loving stop you rear end in a top hat GO AWAY you piece of poo poo

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

he should be the new severance director

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

its not even "wes anderson does lord of the rings" these trailers are all just "that SNL skit but lord of the rings"

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

The soulless eyes of an unblinking AI facsimile of Bill Murray doing a half-assed parody.

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

That guy's channel is deeply odd:

Clip-On Fedora
Feb 20, 2011

wait

the confederate flag is racist???

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Clip-On Fedora posted:

wait

the confederate flag is racist???

I'm going to need a Mindset Minute

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.
if you play the vocal track of a Cranberries song backwards, you get a Cocteau Twins song

Peggotty
May 9, 2014

Youtube keeps recommending me some "How to make accidental Wes Anderson photos" video, this poo poo is starting to make me dislike Wes Anderson.

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Miss Lonelyhearts posted:

Total guilty pleasure moody movie that I don't need a good reason to watch, After Hours is the same vibe.

I be bangin still holds up, especially when he refuses to call him Fredrick.

I watched After Hours last night based on this post. can't believe I've never seen it before - brilliant movie.

Telluric Whistler
Sep 14, 2008

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

I watched After Hours last night based on this post. can't believe I've never seen it before - brilliant movie.

The movie is like a fever dream and honestly gave me a completely different appreciation for Scorsese. It weirdly reminded me of a Murakami novel, and I guess his first books were coming out contemporaneously so there must've been something in the zeitgeist in the early 80s.

Are there more movies with the same vibe?

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

Clip-On Fedora posted:

I loving hate Wes Anderson gently caress that motherfucker please god don't let him make any more movies jsut loving stop you rear end in a top hat GO AWAY you piece of poo poo

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

Nichael posted:

christ we get it

If you like this trailer subscribe to our channel.

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

*me learning an important lesson about self love*

wow.... the bad pussy was inside me all along

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
I have to meditate on it more but I think the thesis of the movie is brilliantly stated early on in the Diner by Dick Miller - "Different rules apply when it get's this late. You know what I mean? It's like after hours." Things get Weird when you stay out late.

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

I have to meditate on it more but I think the thesis of the movie is brilliantly stated early on in the Diner by Dick Miller - "Different rules apply when it get's this late. You know what I mean? It's like after hours." Things get Weird when you stay out late.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FxwrLLlQwBw

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

hell yeah man. I watched After Hours thanks to this thread a year ago when some dumb twitter meme about dude movies was posted and I was like hey I like those others, I should watch After Hours. it loving ruled

Telluric Whistler posted:

The movie is like a fever dream and honestly gave me a completely different appreciation for Scorsese. It weirdly reminded me of a Murakami novel, and I guess his first books were coming out contemporaneously so there must've been something in the zeitgeist in the early 80s.

Are there more movies with the same vibe?
you should definitely watch Miracle Mile (1988) if you haven’t seen it. it’s another one of those great 80s gems that’s flew under the radar and takes place in a single night. super good and also cspamish

I’ll try to think of some other late-night 80s thriller flicks

Xaris has issued a correction as of 15:46 on May 12, 2023

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

Miracle Mile is a perfect movie.

Remulak
Jun 8, 2001
I can't count to four.
Yams Fan
Bringing Out The Dead is another great Scorsese movie that fell off the cultural radar for some reason.

I loved After Hours so much, but the last time I watched it I got kind of a misogynistic vibe from it.” that bothered me. That was maybe 2007, I should watch it again.

sonatinas
Apr 15, 2003

Seattle Karate Vs. L.A. Karate
after hours / miracle mile double header is recommended

Clip-On Fedora
Feb 20, 2011

https://twitter.com/roxana_hadadi/status/1657044647053606915

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

this makes the garbage strike parts of Joker extra funny

Black Lighter
Sep 6, 2010

Just keep looking at what we're doing, keep watering and ask yourselves first and know 'Are you watering? And are you fertilizing every day?' So when it's time to pop, it'll pop.

Xaris posted:

hell yeah man. I watched After Hours thanks to this thread a year ago when some dumb twitter meme about dude movies was posted and I was like hey I like those others, I should watch After Hours. it loving ruled

you should definitely watch Miracle Mile (1988) if you haven’t seen it. it’s another one of those great 80s gems that’s flew under the radar and takes place in a single night. super good and also cspamish

I’ll try to think of some other late-night 80s thriller flicks

Mikey & Nicky is probably the best one crazy night movie ever, and anyone who likes After Hours or Miracle Mile should check it out yesterday

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Not as good as the star wars one

Fleetwood
Mar 26, 2010

biggest hochul head in china

i say swears online posted:

my man just does sweaty CoD on twitch, respect

https://twitch.tv/danecookgaming

martin shkreli also streams to like sixty people at a time

not bad lol maybe his best work

LegoMan
Mar 17, 2002

ting ting ting

College Slice

Justin Tyme posted:

Edge of Tomorrow owns and shows that anime/manga adaptations don't all have to be complete dogshit (looking at you GITS!!!!)

It doesn't matter how fuckin loony toons he is i will watch anything hes in

And he is batshit crazy like not diminishing at all

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?

Fleetwood posted:

not bad lol maybe his best work

I saw this post once when he was live so I clicked it and it was just him sitting in a dark room while his character was floating in a parachute.

just super bizarre.

Pead
May 31, 2001
Nap Ghost

yet another reason to throw on the "gently caress aaron sorkin" pile

Antonymous
Apr 4, 2009

lol

Cookie Cutter
Nov 29, 2020

Is there something else that's bothering you Mr. President?

LegoMan posted:

It doesn't matter how fuckin loony toons he is i will watch anything hes in

And he is batshit crazy like not diminishing at all

I always like to say, Cruise has stayed the exact same amount of crazy this whole time, it's that the rest of the world got worse, so relative to now he's just silly Tom, the crazy coot beloved by millions up to his old tricks again. He's becoming Nicolas Cage-ified purely through changing context

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Black Lighter posted:

Mikey & Nicky is probably the best one crazy night movie ever, and anyone who likes After Hours or Miracle Mile should check it out yesterday

sounds good, I’ll put it on my plex

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

God I hate sorkin

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016
I’m just saying I would like to see a man beat a woman in a cage. Just to be sure.
I finally watched the last episode of Poker Face and it was great.

There's a part in it where Benjamin Bratt just sings the Lyrics of "The Hook" by Blues Traveller, which is a song about how it doesn't matter what the lyrics are, as long the lead singer has a good voice and they sing it to Pachelbels Cannon in D you'll like the song. It tells you this in the song. And it doesn't matter that the formula for Poke Face or any other detective show is the same every week, you'll still watch it as long as it's done with enough style. And then they name the episode Hook, and it more or less ends telling you the next season will be the same as the first, and you won't care. They even play Hook in the show on a TV, and it's referenced in the song.

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.
I’m annoyed they didn’t renew Duncanville, it’s a funny show.

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

https://twitter.com/anoushasakoui/status/1657008447169368070

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

woah which f word