Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

van fem
Oct 22, 2010

If you can't be right, be confusing.

verbal enema posted:

Gargoyle tank

I'd pay good money for an actual gargoyle tank with Keith David voicing him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

The Demogorgon is tired of your silly human bickering!

It's finally time for Jetpack Cat.

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
johnny jesus and the infield fly rule
new JQ is a lot of fun. I think they gotta up her ult cost because you built it CRAZY fast with the buffed self-heal

whoever said Zen is a big counter to her is right tho. Sometimes the other team will switch to like, Mei/Bastion/Zen/Kiriko and things get, ah, difficult

Pattonesque fucked around with this message at 05:21 on May 12, 2023

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
I had a team go Pharah Mei Queen Zen Ana. I couldn't get off a single Queen combo, they spent the entire game just bullying the gently caress out of me. Hit three knife pulls in a row? Didn't matter, got slept, then got walled off, then got booped away.

Most miserable game i'd played all night. Plus side, my other games all kinda owned. I had a couple DPS games where I was just kinda holding an angle against a flanker (as torb) and letting our queen go to town, then after we won and our queen had double my damage, called me "Trash DPS" and didn't understand that maybe the character who spends every team fight superhealing and constantly doing damage while almost never having to duck back for heals might possibly do more damage than the dude who's just sat in the back farming a genji.

Even when players win this game they're mad about it.

Shout out to the guy who was like "i'm not loving mad, i don't care", swapped to doomfist and started throwing. Me and two other dudes muted him and kept joking around, third guy said "this dude was still going off at the end of the game about how he doesn't care". :allears:

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

the in-game scoreboard's purpose 99% of the time is for players to flame each other ignorantly

literally s1mple could be on their team and bottom frag and they'd flame him

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Yeah I don't get why people say JQ is OP now. She's good but Ana and Zen will poo poo on her. She can't shield off teammates from damage and Ana nades can wreck her and the team.

I think it encourages picking counters, which is kind of the point of the game.

Rein needs a buff though.

heard u like girls
Mar 25, 2013

Codependent Poster posted:

Yeah I don't get why people say JQ is OP now. She's good but Ana and Zen will poo poo on her. She can't shield off teammates from damage and Ana nades can wreck her and the team.

I think it encourages picking counters, which is kind of the point of the game.

Rein needs a buff though.

Thankfully they nerfed Ana's grenade ( lol ugh )

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
Let rein throw his hammer boomerang style

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

heard u like girls posted:

Thankfully they nerfed Ana's grenade ( lol ugh )

Just the healing though. It's still gonna gently caress up a JQ comp.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
It's actually a pretty good fight too. I've already had people go "no, don't pick ana against queen, she'll just combo you" but if Ana is constantly nading her, JQ can't really do her job either.

Kinda wish more interactions in the game was like that where both characters are problems for the other if played properly.

In other news holy poo poo gently caress nano ram ult its more annoying than nano blade

TASTE THE PAIN!!
May 18, 2004

So sick of having numerous GMs in quickplay games when I've never gone above low diamond. I get that they want to keep queues low and it's just QP but good lord if you're not in peak hours you're just going to run into some real sweaty bastards. A lot of times the more unfounded negativity around the game bothers me, but goddamn this is gonna push me out.

kaleedity
Feb 27, 2016

verbal enema posted:

Let rein throw his hammer boomerang style

this is what firestrike initially was. they playtested disabling his left click while it was active once then they shelved it forever

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
remove rein shield and let him deflect with his hammer like genji and give him a flip too

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

Give Rein a grappling hook

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
rein is a dude in a suit right? put that suit in another suit

heard u like girls
Mar 25, 2013

Codependent Poster posted:

Just the healing though. It's still gonna gently caress up a JQ comp.

Yeah, but i'm guessing there'll be less Ana's around for a bit

also it's a bad Ana change imo, the reasoning is wonky as heck

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

heard u like girls posted:

Yeah, but i'm guessing there'll be less Ana's around for a bit

also it's a bad Ana change imo, the reasoning is wonky as heck

It really feels like change for change's sake.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Blizzard clearly have no idea what they're doing.

kaleedity
Feb 27, 2016

verbal enema posted:

rein is a dude in a suit right? put that suit in another suit

i'd play matroyshka rein

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
Ana nade kind of makes sense if they want to reduce healing.

That brief period where they made people loving unkillable if they had a mercy on them was a bit weird, though.

headcase
Sep 28, 2001

Rein wears jetpack cat as a backpack

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

The Demogorgon is tired of your silly human bickering!

kaleedity posted:

i'd play matroyshka rein

There should be an arcade mode where every character has a smaller version that pops out when they are killed the first time like D.Va.

edit: I vaguely remember seeing a comic like that during the first year or so of OW1.

heard u like girls
Mar 25, 2013

dogstile posted:

Ana nade kind of makes sense if they want to reduce healing.

That brief period where they made people loving unkillable if they had a mercy on them was a bit weird, though.

for reference

We want Ana to heal herself less with her grenade, therefore it affects not just Ana

:') also we're buffing Bap why not

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe
I don't think those reasonings are that crazy

heard u like girls
Mar 25, 2013

The increased healing from support passive already was an extra reason not to nade yourself ( which is often a complete waste to begin with, because you want to heal your team and purple the enemy ) and if you are forced to self nade because you get picked on in the backlines, it now heals you less. Idk i find it weird.

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

They should have lowered self healing from made but kept the original values for everyone else.

Also, give nade self-knockback so you can use it as a mobility tool

Serotoning
Sep 14, 2010

D&D: HASBARA SQUAD
HANG 'EM HIGH

We're fighting human animals and we act accordingly

Gravitas Shortfall posted:

They should have lowered self healing from made but kept the original values for everyone else.

Also, give nade self-knockback so you can use it as a mobility tool

I think they should try to find ways that don't involve weird inconsistencies like this to balance abilities. Already strange enough that sleep dart is less effective against tanks. But I guess Lucio is already inconsistent in this way with this aura healing so IDK (heals allies more than self).

novaSphere
Jan 25, 2003

Ana is my most played character across all of OW1/2 and I agree with the nerf tbh. I've thought burst healing in general has been too strong for a while and she's still incredibly good. There's very little she's a bad pick into.

Bap on the other hand has been low-key OP for a loooong time but -2 seconds off lamp CD isn't suddenly going to make or break anything. It's weird to see him get any buffs though, but he's also probably underperforming at low ranks.

I think JQ is really strong right now but it's too early to yell about kneejerk nerfs since she does have strong counters, as y'all pointed out. She might be getting ult a little too fast now but that's all that really feels out of place.

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

ana landing a nade on herself + an enemy pretty easily if they were close for an up to 160 health swing was probably a little overtuned w/ support passive

also they should give every character in the game support passive

Serotoning
Sep 14, 2010

HANG 'EM HIGH

comedyblissoption posted:

also they should give every character in the game support passive

headcase
Sep 28, 2001

novaSphere posted:

I think JQ is really strong right now but it's too early to yell about kneejerk nerfs since she does have strong counters, as y'all pointed out. She might be getting ult a little too fast now but that's all that really feels out of place.

She just seems to move so fast. Like a good one is everywhere. Go slaughter the backline and get back safely no problem.

novaSphere
Jan 25, 2003

I mean yeah she's basically a dive tank except her only mobility comes from shout.

Incorrect Username
Feb 21, 2011
My main gripe with JQ being so popular now is it's extremely hard to tell at a glance which one in your team is the tank.

Also lol removing Sigma from comp play because the character who's entire gimmick is being able to control gravity can now float more than 10cm from the ground.

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

Reduce sigmas shield to 400 hit points and make him always fly at walk speed.

headcase
Sep 28, 2001

Cpt_Obvious posted:

Reduce sigmas shield to 400 hit points and make him always fly at walk speed.

And move his crit box to his toes.

appropriatemetaphor
Jan 26, 2006

Went D.va into Zarya and made the Zarya loving switch hell yeah

Live At Five!
Feb 15, 2008
I decided to gently caress around with Lifeweaver and had a blast. My first game as him I saw a charging nano'd rein coming towards me so I put a pedal down and it raised him as he shattered and ruined it. Same with an Orisa who just couldn't ever get an ult off. He has issues, but ruining ults is so fun.

Serotoning
Sep 14, 2010

HANG 'EM HIGH

There is a triangle pointer above teammates that you can see through walls. By default it is blue, what does it mean when it turns orange?

appropriatemetaphor
Jan 26, 2006

Somehow a Hogger was 1 v 5'ing our whole team alone :psyduck:

Like no clue how or what was happening, like he'd be behind us and I think no one turned around?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
johnny jesus and the infield fly rule

appropriatemetaphor posted:

Somehow a Hogger was 1 v 5'ing our whole team alone :psyduck:

Like no clue how or what was happening, like he'd be behind us and I think no one turned around?

OW pubbies love not turning around