Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

https://twitter.com/Nova_Crystallis/status/1657003404911075330

they need to fire the robe person in charge of all caster gear

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
Surely that giant mecha thing that looks like Lugae isn't the Hildibrand Trial? :dogstare:

And another Blue Mage spell confirmed. Hopefully it's not just some 220 potency thing I'll never use.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!

Oh, that's WAY loving better than a Hien Adventure.

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

I guess it would have to be someone like Hancock, since they have to follow you around inside. Someone like Hien or Gosetsu isn't going to stand back and watch you fight a bunch of monsters without jumping in to help.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
A more tranquil arrangement of Crimson Sunrise/Sunset for the variant dungeon.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
A very pink ninja.

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

Blueberry Pancakes posted:

Surely that giant mecha thing that looks like Lugae isn't the Hildibrand Trial? :dogstare:

And another Blue Mage spell confirmed. Hopefully it's not just some 220 potency thing I'll never use.

did they announce a hildy trial because that would own

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

The limit break should summon Godbert.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
Special battle against Asura debuting at FanFest!

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

blatman posted:

did they announce a hildy trial because that would own

Not yet, but the last quest set hinted at one.

Now that I see Asura is in-game, it might be her as the boss since Lugae was hinting at summoning a Primal and she does fit the aesthetic of Thavnair.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?
That boss looks way too serious for a Hildy boss fight unless things get real goofy once the fighting begins.

bobtheconqueror
May 10, 2005

Rhonne posted:

That boss looks way too serious for a Hildy boss fight unless things get real goofy once the fighting begins.

For Asura, it's Gilgameshing time!

Actually, she does appear to have multiple arms holding weapons...

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

Badger of Basra posted:

the situation is bleak, but I can hold out hope that the 7.0 leveling gear will have some bangers at least???? see you next year.....

DelphiAegis
Jun 21, 2010

bobtheconqueror posted:

For Asura, it's Gilgameshing time!

Actually, she does appear to have multiple arms holding weapons...

Greg goes by Georgina Asura now.

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

Vitamean posted:

the situation is bleak, but I can hold out hope that the 7.0 leveling gear will have some bangers at least???? see you next year.....

At least we’ll always have the Ishgardian casting set…

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!
I've seen suggestions that Asura might be either Meracydian (she's got Sophia assets), which would mean she'd fit in perfectly with a potential Meracydian 7.0, or Thavnairian, in which case she would, weirdly, fit in to the allied tribe quest.

...but also worth noting, the most famous fight treated like this previously was Odin, who wound up being pretty unrelated to basically anything anybody knew at the time.

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

Vitamean posted:

two trials

I'm claiming technically correct on this, cause even if the asura fight isn't on the live servers it'll still be done using 6.4 job adjustments.

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

Badger of Basra posted:

Someone knocked them out briefly to get the Abyssos upper body separate from the robe bottom and they are still pissed about it almost a year later

Zomborgon
Feb 19, 2014

I don't even want to see what happens if you gain CHIM outside of a pre-coded system.

Looks like the Duty Support special cast for Stormblood will include Lyse and Raubahn. Rad.

Also I guess we'll be fighting some kind of ice Warframe in the new raids.

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

Chillgamesh posted:

Someone knocked them out briefly to get the Abyssos upper body separate from the robe bottom and they are still pissed about it almost a year later

Every raid set released for EW has been mostly white except for abyssos and (some of) aglaia

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

Zomborgon posted:

Looks like the Duty Support special cast for Stormblood will include Lyse and Raubahn. Rad.

Also I guess we'll be fighting some kind of ice Warframe in the new raids.

looking forward to having to break his two million hp shield that he can put back up every 10 seconds

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

It's not a Warframe, YoshiP himself said it's an Orphnoch from Kamen Rider Faiz, get the lore right

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Waffleman_ posted:

It's not a Warframe, YoshiP himself said it's an Orphnoch from Kamen Rider Faiz, get the lore right
Oh, I think I was going to try to get that Warframe but the new zone gave me motion sickness so I had to take a break.

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

https://twitter.com/nova_crystallis/status/1657013647011348481?s=46&t=-83MqnB_46lmmYtdOkaTyg

The crafted casting is pretty cute actually.

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

its pretty good but it's also not really my style. I'm happy for people who like it at least.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Oh my god those boots are adorable

Valentin
Sep 16, 2012

monk hoodie...

Mister Olympus
Oct 31, 2011

Buzzard, Who Steals From Dead Bodies
asura has the same general vibe as sophia, including arena, so i'm pretty sure this locks us in to meracydia if she's 6.5

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
I mean Asura is a concept from Hindu lore and "Gilded Araya" almost definitely refers to a Sanskrit word for evil spirits (which is what an asura is)

It would be intensely bizarre if she had nothing to do with Thavnair

e: also as cleritic pointed out the last time they did this trial preview thing was with Odin in 2.5, who didn't exactly turn out to be MSQ relevant in any way

Blockhouse fucked around with this message at 18:58 on May 12, 2023

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

New Tomestone Gear and Weapon Design Contest Winners

Edit: Only the Weapons are from a Design Contest

Kheldarn fucked around with this message at 19:31 on May 12, 2023

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

fwiw, the weapons are from the weapon design contest. the gear was designed by the dev team.

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

Kheldarn posted:

New Tomestone Gear and Design Contest Winner Gear

Ah. More dresses

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
Maiming gear is insufficiently edgey for a Reaper, guess I'm sticking with makai.

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

in fact, it's a good thing that the armor is dev designed, because I don't have the heart to tell a user who submitted robes that got accepted to go die

Gearhead
Feb 13, 2007
The Metroid of Humor
That axe has me considering swapping out my Conquest glamour for the first time in a very very long time.

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

I'm exceedingly happy with the WHM and BLM contest weapons, super disappointed with DNC and AST

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

I feel like most are cool. Wonder if that means the joke weapons are soon upon us, give us Gun bouquet and Nixie Umbrella.

Badger of Basra posted:

Ah. More dresses

Trying to look on the bright side... at least they look a bit armorish?

But like jeez CBU3, I get they want gear to fit a theme and Caster/Healer are usually recolors, but give us something that's not a dress for once. Tank armor also feels like they give us armor with skirt too much.

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC
I want that axe.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Vitamean posted:

fwiw, the weapons are from the weapon design contest. the gear was designed by the dev team.

Thanks for the info. Updated my post to clarify.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

TheWorldsaStage posted:

I'm exceedingly happy with the WHM and BLM contest weapons, super disappointed with DNC and AST

The dnc sword glaives rule and so do the fae wings.