Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Xand_Man
Mar 2, 2004

If what you say is true
Wutang might be dangerous

It's a good game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

On the whole, my day was poo poo. But around noon my ceo sent out an update email with an excel sheet in it. Only problem is he sent the wrong sheet out! What did he inadvertently send everyone a level below VP? The base pay and bonus pay out for all the VPs and C level assholes. Going to make my next raise negotiation a lot more fun!

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Cocaine Bear posted:

On the whole, my day was poo poo. But around noon my ceo sent out an update email with an excel sheet in it. Only problem is he sent the wrong sheet out! What did he inadvertently send everyone a level below VP? The base pay and bonus pay out for all the VPs and C level assholes. Going to make my next raise negotiation a lot more fun!

This is amazing. If I got salaries.xslx from my CEO I would assume it was a phishing attempt and report it, I think.

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

Taking the term "Koopaling" to a whole new level since 2016.
I wish I had the before picture of the 307, but this has me feeling really good.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

gently caress yeah

Continent to live your best life and have lots of sex and fun!

GWBBQ
Jan 2, 2005

I started a new job I really like last week and when I was telling my girlfriend about it at the end of the week, we went off on a slight tangent and now we're engaged :toot:

The reaction from family and friends has been "yeah, when we saw you together we knew that was going to happen."

Neither of us are really fans of diamonds, but she loved the idea of having a ring made with gem cut Moldavite and we're going ring shopping soon.

We're having the wedding at the greenhouse at a local zoo and people will be encouraged to wear the most extravagant and outrageous outfits they can think of.

SerthVarnee
Mar 13, 2011

It has been two zero days since last incident.
Big Super Slapstick Hunk
Aww that is so sweet and awesome. Congratulations to you both!

GWBBQ
Jan 2, 2005

Even though I know the answer will inevitably be "no," I still intend to ask if there's any way the ring bearer can be an actual bear.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

GWBBQ posted:

Even though I know the answer will inevitably be "no," I still intend to ask if there's any way the ring bearer can be an actual bear.

They make actual teddy bear ring bearers.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Do they make any without a crotch bulge?

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

Where else are you gonna put the ring? :rolleyes:

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

I had a bilateral salpingectomy today (it's like getting your tubes tied except they completely remove the fallopian tubes rather than clamp or cut them) and even though I was nervous literally everyone I interacted with at the hospital was SO nice, and other than a sore throat from the intubation I'm experiencing basically no pain, and I am so thankful for all the staff at the hospital and my doctor for being on my side and putting out dozens of reqs to find a hospital that'd do it and that the whole procedure was covered by our health care system and my boyfriend for getting up at 4am with me so he could be there the whole time and taking care of me as I drift in and out of sleep all afternoon and that I never have to worry about being pregnant ever again

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Killingyouguy! posted:

I had a bilateral salpingectomy today (it's like getting your tubes tied except they completely remove the fallopian tubes rather than clamp or cut them) and even though I was nervous literally everyone I interacted with at the hospital was SO nice, and other than a sore throat from the intubation I'm experiencing basically no pain, and I am so thankful for all the staff at the hospital and my doctor for being on my side and putting out dozens of reqs to find a hospital that'd do it and that the whole procedure was covered by our health care system and my boyfriend for getting up at 4am with me so he could be there the whole time and taking care of me as I drift in and out of sleep all afternoon and that I never have to worry about being pregnant ever again

happy for you!

GoodyTwoShoes
Oct 26, 2013
I went to the Home&Garden Show on Saturday (a renter can dream, okay?) and entered a bunch of drawings in between collecting free pens . . . and I won a prize! A really good one! Two tickets to a sporting event, three gift certificates for local beer/food, and some chocolates from the the store that flies them in from San Francisco! (And an extra pen, of course.)

I totally forgive them for calling to notify me of my win while I was in the shower! :toot:

Deep Glove Bruno
Sep 4, 2015

yung swamp thang
congratulations, you can add to that prize "making poster Deep Glove Bruno lament his lack of access to Ghirardelli chocolate"

GoodyTwoShoes
Oct 26, 2013

Deep Glove Bruno posted:

congratulations, you can add to that prize "making poster Deep Glove Bruno lament his lack of access to Ghirardelli chocolate"

Thanks, I will put that beside my renewed membership in the "it cooks faster if you turn the stove on" club!

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.
I got some new sheet music over the weekend for my piano, vol 2 of Haydn's sonatas and a selection of pieces by women composers like Mary Beach who I've never heard of (which is why I bought them, all my books up to this point have pretty much been male-centric) because I'm trying to get back into practicing more properly. Currently I'm using a metronome app on my phone to practice Hanon's first exercise until my hands can do it consistently (as my smaller fingers keep stumbling at faster notes and I've never been able to play longer pieces that require a constant rhythm as I keep stumbling over it, like Bach's Prelude in C from Volume 1 of well tempered clavier)

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

It was a cold wet and windy morning today.
Yet as I was driving to school, on the way I passed a dad walking to school with his 8-9 year old daughter, (She is in my year 3 class), whose raincoat was blowing about in the wind.
They had only 1 umbrella, and the entire time the dad had it angled in such a way to try and keep her dry, and was getting pelted by the rain.

Good dads do exist.

MagpieConcept
Feb 6, 2022

Despite all the bad poo poo going on in my life (sudden move, cutting off a lovely family member, a traumatic event on top of that), I passed all my classes for this semester. Some were not as good as others. My roommates celebrated by popping bottles while yelling "D's get degrees!" So I'm feeling pretty good, lol.

About to go take core 2 of my A+ exam too. :pray:

Edit: I passed!!

MagpieConcept has a new favorite as of 18:08 on May 2, 2023

Bargearse
Nov 27, 2006

🛑 Don't get your pen🖊️, son, you won't be 👌 needing that 😌. My 🥡 order's 💁 simple😉, a shitload 💩 of dim sims 🌯🀄. And I want a bucket 🪣 of soya sauce☕😋.
I landed the closest thing I’ve ever had to a dream job a few weeks ago. I had a brief catch-up with the boss today, who has nothing but good things to say about me and my work.

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

there were some little kids at the movie theatre waiting to see the Mario movie (i know bc one boy was in a whole rear end mario costume) and they were all like 🤩🤩🤩 watching me play DDR :3:

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
one of my kids walked today. well kind of, she made a solid attempt and it was the best thing i've ever seen.

also immediately busted rear end and cried, which was hard to not laugh at

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Sounds like a good kid. Good work!

tribbledirigible
Jul 27, 2004
I finally beat the internet. The end boss was hard.

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

one of my kids walked today. well kind of, she made a solid attempt and it was the best thing i've ever seen.

also immediately busted rear end and cried, which was hard to not laugh at

Better than the joke where they fall and say their first word.

Good job, kid!

In my own corner, went for an interview where I was referred, the potential boss and I hit it off, and it was so much more pleasant than my last interview 10+ years ago, and the team wants me on board.

One last interview with the corporate HR and I'm in.

And thanks to a recent raise at my current job, I was able to negotiate up on my salary by more than 10k.

I wanna take my current workmates out for a round on me, but they'd get suspicious.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Don't do anything until you're signed. Blowing poo poo up right at the finish line is a tale as old as time.

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

My kid finally passed his driver's test! Now I get to be worried about him every time he's on the road. :woop: :ohdear:

Waste of Breath
Dec 30, 2021

I only know🧠 one1️⃣ thing🪨: I😡 want😤 to 🔪kill☠️… 😈Chaos😱… I need🥵 to. [TIME⏰ TO DIE☠️]
:same:
I ripped out a bunch of stuff and finally have a yard again and can start a lil garden! It's not super impressive but it has really been stressing me out

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Captain Invictus has a new favorite as of 03:13 on May 11, 2023

Waste of Breath
Dec 30, 2021

I only know🧠 one1️⃣ thing🪨: I😡 want😤 to 🔪kill☠️… 😈Chaos😱… I need🥵 to. [TIME⏰ TO DIE☠️]
:same:
:thejoke:

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
Had the appointment with the audiologist today; they agreed it was bullshit that I had to jump through hoops to get back into their system, especially when they still had my drat info on file, so all of that got sped through and the implant processor upgrade is ordered and on the way.

Did learn that apparently I am something of an enigma to them and their peers :v: The flap holding the internal part of the implant in my skull is half again as thick as it is in most people; everything they know about the cochlear implant says that the audio signal simply should not be able to get through that much skin and bone, but not only does mine continue to work, it works flawlessly! Well, as long as they don't *tell* it it shouldn't via programming skin thickness measurements into it. Then much like Wile E. Coyote looking down while defying gravity, it all goes pear shaped. But one reversion later, everything was fixed and working fine again!

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Waste of Breath posted:

I ripped out a bunch of stuff and finally have a yard again and can start a lil garden! It's not super impressive but it has really been stressing me out

That is a fine, handsome rock on the bottom right.

Pookah
Aug 21, 2008

🪶Caw🪶

Waste of Breath posted:

If it's not too unbearably cutesy for you, some miniature furniture, like maybe a tiny rustic bench would look lovely underneath that miniature giant tree you have there. Just something that plays with the ambiguous scale of it.

My awesome news? I was called up for jury duty a couple of week ago, and when I logged in to the online portal today to check the date/time, I got a message saying it was cancelled :woop:

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Waste of Breath posted:

Sometimes it's harder on the rock.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
it's been an incredible couple of weeks. I took time off to help my mom both prepare for hip surgery as well as take care of her after said surgery. She had this procedure done(embedding is disabled for this video so I linked it), the video is CGI, not a recording of the actual surgery, for those who are squeamish seeing surgical stuff.

I did not realize what they did with hip surgery, I thought they just replaced the socket, but it turns out they also chop off the femur balljoint and insert a titanium spike with a balljoint on the end into the femur itself as well. It took the surgeon about an hour to do it and within 3 hours of the end of surgery, they had discharged mom to go home again. She was able to go up the few steps into our house relatively easily, too. She's obviously in a lot of pain right now since even the minimally invasive procedure still messes up the muscles, the femur, and causes a lot of bruising, but that's normal and within a few weeks it shouldn't be bothering her much at all. I'm just flabbergasted at the speed of her discharging from the hospital, my uncle was kept for 3 days and my dad was kept for 4, but she passed all the physical therapy testing after surgery flawlessly so they said she could go right away! She had both knees replaced like 18 years ago because she could only stand in a Z-shape, and her hip has been a huge point of suffering for her for a while now because it's been bone-on-bone with bone spurs and everything for many years, but she was afraid of having the surgery so didn't go for it until I convinced her to have it done. I'm really excited for her, she's only 68 and this should give her vastly improved mobility for the rest of her life.

And while preparing the house for her recovery, clearing hallways and anywhere she will be frequently moving through, we wound up doing a bunch of extra cleaning and donated two vanfulls of clothing, toys, knicknacks, dishware, and all sorts of things to a local church for their rummage sale fundraiser. That cleared out a TON of room in the house, and we're only getting started.

The day of her surgery, I broke a tooth, it just split clear in half. I immediately called around to find someone to extract it, and kept hearing "booked until june/july", but got a call back from one I've seen previously who got me in almost immediately, and I just got back from that. They had to break the tooth in 6 pieces to get it all out, but they said it's looking so cleanly removed that it doesn't even need stitches, and can safely heal over and be ready for a bone graft + implant whenever I go for that. So now I get to be high as a kite on painkillers for a few days while I recover from that.

also, the weather's real nice. and my dogs are great. here are my favorite recordings of my dogs
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p262rw5SUYY&hd=1
https://i.imgur.com/A730Ffj.mp4

it's just been a genuinely good couple of weeks. life ain't perfect, but it's not been so bad lately.

Ramie
Mar 2, 2021

I replaced my mouse cursor with this:

YEAH THAT'S WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT!!!!!!

GoodyTwoShoes
Oct 26, 2013
I found a beer I can actually stand to drink! I'm still going to make beer bread, instead, but I shall have "wheat ale with rhubarb, strawberries, and raspberries" bread. Local brewery, and salesperson wants to know how my bread turns out, so I'm researching recipes online to make sure it's really good.

So far, ideas are 1) add some fresh rhubarb chunks to batter; 2) use brown sugar instead of white; and 3) make a beer cake instead but that one looks complicated and I haven't done serious cookery in a few years.

LeafyOrb
Jun 11, 2012

Today was big and odd, I’m finally officially finish with my teaching certificate thank god. Getting three people to communicate is harder than it sounds.

Then my boyfriend and I have been watching BoJack Horseman together for the first time and are on the last season only to find out one of the characters introduced this season is voiced by my downstairs neighbor from college. We haven’t stayed in touch but used to hang out occasionally. I’m just kinda baffled because she was one of the only people in that dorm not in the film program. I didn’t know she did voice acting either.

It’s a cool but very odd feeling.

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

There was a meeting at work which is a process that another department was unfamiliar with but needed to be present for, and that department was VERY anxious because they thought this was a criticism of them

I chaired that meeting and it went really smoothly and was very constructive and multiple people thanked me after for the meeting being such a positive experience and I think it's going to smooth out a lot of interdepartmental work going forward and spread the use of these meetings for smoothing out processes too

Pogonodon
Sep 10, 2010
Things are rough but I do have a tight circle of friends online I can talk to. And my pets love me. My dog is currently slowly wiggling her way across my bed so she can stick her cold wet nose in my armpit again. Pets are great :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
mom's been having a lot of health stuff lately, she has been in the hospital since monday since her physical therapist who showed up to help her do exercises after her recent hip surgery noticed she was in AFIB and told her to go to the hospital. The hospital wasn't able to get her out of afib until this morning no matter what they did, until her heart suddenly decided to go back to a normal rhythm rather than like 150bpm, so they discharged her with new medications and she's back home now.

right before discharging her, they removed the huge island bandage covering where they performed the incision to do her hip replacement. I'm going to link to the healing wound for those squeamish, but it's something super cool that I didn't know they did now(photo of her hip incision): they no longer use staples to keep wounds closed, they instead use super adhesive zippers to hold it shut for about a month until they can remove the zipper! some of these are literal zippers like you'd see on clothes, which each side held on by insanely strong glue, others are like the one she has where I think they just pull out the little pegs holding each half of the zipper together. unbelievably cool advancement in tech, and means she'll heal way, way cleaner than my dad, who has a big ol' scar and a bunch of dot scars where he had like 8 staples in his hip. I love learning about new medical tech, this thing has been in use for like half a decade apparently, so it makes sense my dad didn't have access to it when he had his hip done 12 years ago.