Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006

RealityWarCriminal posted:

to be fair, and I didn't realize this, Damien Priest didnt start wrestling until age 33

From wiki, he’s only 40 and trained at the monster factory before attending an ROH training camp at 31.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

priests also in way better shape then he was when he started out too

though hes in the fed and tall so who knows how his knees are currently

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

I only saw him on a handful of shows when he was Punishment Martinez and always thought he was kind of a lovely wrestler getting by on being Very Tall for the indie/ROH scene.

Is he actually good and I just missed all the shows he did good stuff on or is it just the Very Tall thing?

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I liked Priest's selling that his knee was hosed in the Bad Bunny match.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
Priest is one of those dudes where like, He’s not a bad wrestler at all but also i can’t bring myself to give any kind of poo poo about him.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

flashy_mcflash posted:

lol man that's bleak

Yep

https://twitter.com/WWEonFOX/status/1657193135888277507

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

Wow if KO and Sami are going I guess they've stopped all the bad stuff that made them not want to go before. Good job KSA.

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

Everyone's got a price! For the billion dollar man!

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Tony Khan needs to file Captain Ahab Inc ASAP

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
They turned Asuka heel tonight and had to pipe in boos (because no one is buying Asuka as a heel) while Bianca comically oversold and threw a temper tantrum in the trainers room afterwards.

https://twitter.com/WWE/status/1657199664985169922?t=4gWv9pNSU3hZxVmMseyT4w&s=19

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova

DarkstarIV posted:

They turned Asuka heel tonight and had to pipe in boos (because no one is buying Asuka as a heel) while Bianca comically oversold and threw a temper tantrum in the trainers room afterwards.

https://twitter.com/WWE/status/1657199664985169922?t=4gWv9pNSU3hZxVmMseyT4w&s=19

I heard she read a bunch of posts online that said she doesn't sell enough so she went out to prove them wrong

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

lol are they really going to do it?

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Pylons posted:

Supposedly Sami has no issues with Saudi anymore.

The match will be interrupted when he cuts a pipe bomb promo on yemen

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

lmao that this was the price they agreed to for their wrestlemania moment.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

sami zayn was always bad

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

if you only knew. you do

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
To be clear, the reason Sami doesn't go to Saudi Arabia (or didn't until now, I guess) wasn't because he chose not to go, it was because KSA didn't want him to come because they did not approve of him having a charity to provide medical attention to people that the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia would rather be dead. KO chose not to go because he didn't like that they disallowed his friend from coming.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
triple Paul convinced his good friend MBS to stop the war in Yemen. WWE continues to influence the world.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Is that true Jeff

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT
This vegan brisket is bussin

MJeff posted:

To be clear, the reason Sami doesn't go to Saudi Arabia (or didn't until now, I guess) wasn't because he chose not to go, it was because KSA didn't want him to come because they did not approve of him having a charity to provide medical attention to people that the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia would rather be dead. KO chose not to go because he didn't like that they disallowed his friend from coming.

That's inZayn

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

MJeff posted:

Source?

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

fightful select

click here to subscribe for more vague nothingburgers

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

That DICK! posted:

Is that true Jeff

I dunno if it's specifically because of the mobile clinic, but I'm 100% certain that it's "KSA said Zayn can't come", not "Zayn chose not to go".

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

It can equally be true that he doesn't want to go and they don't want him there. However him going now lends credence to it only being on KSA's end.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

flashy_mcflash posted:

It can equally be true that he doesn't want to go and they don't want him there. However him going now lends credence to it only being on KSA's end.

Apparently so! Here's Zayn himself on it on a podcast from 2020.

quote:

"I don’t know. I don’t know the specifics on this. To this day I didn’t really ask because I wasn’t really keen on going anyway. But WWE did a thing, a partnership or signed some sort of deal to put on these shows in Saudi Arabia for I don’t know, what? 10 years or something like that, and I just wasn’t invited to go and I never really dug into it too much because I wasn’t keen on going, to begin with..."

"You know, it became very popular, very easy to say, ‘Well you shouldn’t go to this country because they do these awful things’ and I understand it and I agree and if I was asked to perform in Israel, I wouldn’t, right? But at the same time, I perform in the United States, you know what I mean? And I live in the United States. So there’s that sort of dissonance to get your head around a little bit. So I don’t know, I don’t know. I don’t know how I feel about all of that.”

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
KSA and Syria just recently restarted diplomatic relations for the first time in a decade and Syria reentered the Arab League

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

sami zayn doing an interview in 6 months and saying "aren't the people who hate vince mcmahon just spreading the same type of hate they accuse KSA of??"

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

JUNGLE BOY posted:

sami zayn doing an interview in 6 months and saying "aren't the people who hate vince mcmahon just spreading the same type of hate they accuse KSA of??"

Shut up. Shut up!!!!!!!!

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

america is the great satan samis on to something here

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

something awful

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT
This vegan brisket is bussin

Suplex Liberace posted:

Folks,

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Suplex Liberace posted:

:d2a:

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

History Comes Inside! posted:

I only saw him on a handful of shows when he was Punishment Martinez and always thought he was kind of a lovely wrestler getting by on being Very Tall for the indie/ROH scene.

Is he actually good and I just missed all the shows he did good stuff on or is it just the Very Tall thing?

He's all right. Like he probably won't wrestle any five star classics, but the fact he had an amazing match with a celeb where the wrestling parts didn't look out of place at all speaks to having some talent.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

The fuckin jet lag going to Saudi and coming back right away must be complete hell.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

I’d wrestle in Saudi arabia if asked

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

Holy poo poo they are putting the tag belts on Roman Reigns too ahhahahhaha

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF
Sami Zayn is proud to support The Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, Vision 2030 and LIV Golf!

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 14 hours!
I wish AEW had women like Rhea and Bianca, they’re incredible workers and have so much charisma. I don’t think they’ll ever catch up to WWE women’s division though, Saraya is bad and their women are just mediocre in ring or they’re great but unused like Shida. Even Jade who is awesome as gently caress is not a star because Tony has no idea what to do with her, she should be having a similar run by now instead she’s treading water.

Rhea continues to kill it and elevate her entire faction, somehow this faction with a dumb name survived kicking out it’s founding member and turned everybody in it into a top of the card wrestler, I expected them all to fail but i’m glad to be wrong, even Priest has shown a lot of potential I didn’t see at all when he was in NXT.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Honestly what they did with Dominik is flat out incredible. He was floundering big time before they learned into it and ever since that angle of him getting arrested he has just been amazing. His ring work still isn't anything to write home about but his character work is just so good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

emjayo
Apr 11, 2013

1glitch0 posted:

Sami Zayn is proud to support The Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, Vision 2030 and LIV Golf!

mashallah brother sami