Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

1glitch0 posted:

You know, honestly if Tony Khan has decided to spend hundreds of millions of dollars to pay off Warner Brothers, buy fake tickets, pay actors to pretend to be fans at shows, and hire all the best wrestlers in the world just to provide a fabricated great wrestling promotion experience that is only actually enjoyable to me and a few dozen other people in some kind of bizarre performance art Truman Show-esque prank then he has achieved far more than starting a successful wrestling promotion. He's like one of the most fascinating and greatest people who has ever lived.

Tony Madoff

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nativity In Black
Oct 24, 2012

If you're gonna have roads, you're gonna have roadkill.
That episode of DSOTR will be amazing.

Alexander Hamilton
Dec 29, 2008

Tato posted:

If Karrion Kross was a completely different wrestler people might like him more? Well, yeah.

Killer Kross got attention when the gimmick was "HEY LOOK AT SCARLETT and killer kross is here too" but WWE seems hellbent on making Kross the focal point of that act.

El Generico
Feb 3, 2009

Birds revere you and consider you one of their own.

You are welcome in their holy places.
Reply to a Meltzer tweet about Dynamite's good rating:

https://twitter.com/JoeyRiot78/status/1656831989872295938

It would be foolish, when trying to determine the degree of success of a TV show, to compare it to the popularity of other TV shows.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

El Generico posted:

It would be foolish, when trying to determine the degree of success of a TV show, to compare it to the popularity of other TV shows.

"Why does nobody ever talk about what RAW goes up against??" he asked plaintively, ignoring 30+ years of Dave talking about how Monday Night Football impacts ratings.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
Tony Kahn is gangstalking the haters

Spending 100s of millions of dollars just to make them mad.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Malcolm Excellent posted:

Tony Kahn is gangstalking the haters

Spending 100s of millions of dollars just to make them mad.

solo gangstalking me

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.

Dawgstar posted:

"Why does nobody ever talk about what RAW goes up against??" he asked plaintively, ignoring 30+ years of Dave talking about how Monday Night Football impacts ratings.

When college football starts up and Collision’s numbers take a dip, the anti-AEW obsessives will be insufferable.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

TinTower posted:

When college football starts up and Collision’s numbers take a dip, the anti-AEW obsessives will be insufferable.

Good news, they already are!

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Collision has 0 viewers right now. Let that sink in.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Penguin Patrol posted:

Collision has 0 viewers right now. Let that sink in.

And it's already worth 1 billion, imagine how much AEW will get to renew once it's pulling numbers

El Generico
Feb 3, 2009

Birds revere you and consider you one of their own.

You are welcome in their holy places.
Cagematch review of the last Dynamite:

Sticky Nate
Jan 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/PaulAceFontaine/status/1657171300094181384?s=20

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Sentence 1: No.
Sentence 2: Auuhhhhuuhhhhhh....kinda?
Sentence 3: Absolutely not.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Sentence 3 is completely true because having the poo poo company around makes me eternally happy that there's an alternative.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

im glad the WWE exists because imagine how many more people would be suggesting AEW should hire writers and have food fight based feuds if they didn't have so many hours of bad wrestling to occupy themselves with

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

more than one angle a year killed wresting

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Yeah just like in Japan, divergent markets have become part of the business cycle. And it’s fine. Everyone has a good time and makes lots of money. Except for the parts that aren’t.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

flashy_mcflash posted:

Sentence 3 is completely true because having the poo poo company around makes me eternally happy that there's an alternative.

Fair

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

Impact Wrestling excited that WWE is finally hot, excitedly waiting next to the phone for their billion dollar tv deal.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Impact wrestling is too busy producing honestly fun tv to notice.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

1glitch0 posted:

Impact Wrestling excited that WWE is finally hot, excitedly waiting next to the phone for their billion dollar tv deal.

The "trickle down" theory of wrestling popularity.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

Dawgstar posted:

The "trickle down" theory of wrestling popularity.

Holy poo poo you're right lmao

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

A rising tide wets all pants

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

1glitch0 posted:

Wait, having Mickie James in last year's Royal Rumble didn't pay off?!?!

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
https://twitter.com/TappyMcSlavish/status/1656177083154944000

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

1)what
2)what
3)the general public can't name a single wrestler from anywhere on average. It's either Hogan, someone Attitude Era, or Cena.

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!
I, too, hate it when I pay hundreds of dollars to go see a wrestling show and it's just too goddamn exciting and fun

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
https://twitter.com/TappyMcSlavish/status/1657399250949423110

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
these dudes always sound like they are cutting the promo they would be delivering if they were in the place of the successful wrestler

But they are not a successful wrestler, they are a random nobody on the internet

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

rotinaj posted:

these dudes always sound like they are cutting the promo they would be delivering if they were in the place of the successful wrestler

But they are not a successful wrestler, they are a random nobody on the internet

"Working the IWC marks" just sounds so much better than "deeply unlikable person with gigantic personality flaws I refuse to work on", doesn't it?

Zombie Lemur
Jul 6, 2009

Empyrean empties
It's just the wrestling version of the guy that's like "I have no filter and people can't handle how real I am"

No dude, you're just an rear end in a top hat and people avoid you because you suck.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Drakkel posted:

I, too, hate it when I pay hundreds of dollars to go see a wrestling show and it's just too goddamn exciting and fun

It’s so funny to me that people who follow an industry where the primary philosophy is cool and crazy poo poo happens get so upset when cool and crazy poo poo might potentially happen.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

The_Rob posted:

It’s so funny to me that people who follow an industry where the primary philosophy is cool and crazy poo poo happens get so upset when cool and crazy poo poo might potentially happen.

They're acclimated to a product where the norm is that boring and stupid poo poo happens.

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010

The_Rob posted:

unless the ring canvas is in full 4k hd then nothing that happens inside can be very important

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013

Bonk
Aug 4, 2002

Douche Baggins

Zombie Lemur posted:

It's just the wrestling version of the guy that's like "I have no filter and people can't handle how real I am"

No dude, you're just an rear end in a top hat and people avoid you because you suck.
It's even dumber because that can be a good trait in people, as long as you're not an abrasive tool on top of that.

It's like when people say something offensive and then backpedal with "it was just a joke!", without realizing that jokes can suck. Something isn't inherently the pinnacle of comedy just because you said it facetiously.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

This does not belong here.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
https://twitter.com/gotmark76/status/1658569021485207576

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Trust me this is actually a wrestling tweet.

https://twitter.com/clintwilfoster/status/1649650988154859520?s=46&t=XkSx8WdEiBDDOZ_X7upkoQ