Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

Make the SA repo public and allow pull requests. The goon hive mind is the most intelligent hive mind on SA. Just let it do its thing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer
Replace the front page with Chickam.

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.
Ok ok take it to the chat thread :sweep:

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

GABA ghoul posted:

Make the SA repo public and allow pull requests. The goon hive mind is the most intelligent hive mind on SA. Just let it do its thing

this is clearly insane i'm sorry but enough goons are deranged lunatics that they can't be trusted for something like this this is real feedback lol

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!

Nooner posted:

I haven't done web dev in like a decade but how the gently caress is it that much of a mess that nothing can be done? Like ffs just archive it and redirect to a goddamn WordPress blog for new articles or something lmao

A long running site ran by a cheapskate that has had multiple lovely developers making changes with little oversight being a hot mess is entirely unsurprising.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

Why didn't methanar eat a ban for posting an unredacted Hinge conversation with a woman he went on a date on who turned him down that had her name and picture on full display

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

I'm actually going to answer this via PM

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
seth is slidin into ur DMs :biglips:

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

Nooner posted:

seth is slidin into ur DMs :biglips:

:nyoron:

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Seth Pecksniff posted:

I'm actually going to answer this via PM

What? Why?

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

I promise this is not some shady thing and I will actually explain later rather than the whole "sure I'll get around to goldmining it" and don't actually do it kerfluffle

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Grimey Drawer
...it's a trick, get an axe.

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

At night, Bavovnyatko quietly comes to the occupiers’ bases, depots, airfields, oil refineries and other places full of flammable items and starts playing with fire there

Charles Bukowski posted:

...it's a trick, get an axe.

But don't be a maniac

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

So the reason I wanted to do that is because of what you see in the LC.

When a report came up, I waited until Cocoa's probe was over to hit him for another day while I figured out what to do. I was alerted by others about his posting history and... Yeesh yeah.

I will say just because you don't see action being taken doesn't mean nothing's happening. The wheels of justice here turn slow but they do turn.

In retrospect I probably should have left Qwerty's comment hanging for a bit while we figured out what to do but I also didn't want it to snowball, you know? All I said to him was what I said above about not seeing action being taken, nothing sinister. I didn't necessarily want to alert anyone to the fact that ban + 30 was coming.

It's all a learning process.

henkman
Oct 8, 2008
Thank you

Flowers for QAnon
May 20, 2019

Seth Pecksniff posted:

When a report came up, I waited until Cocoa's probe was over to hit him for another day while I figured out what to do. I was alerted by others about his posting history and... Yeesh yeah.

I will say just because you don't see action being taken doesn't mean nothing's happening. The wheels of justice here turn slow but they do turn.

In retrospect I probably should have left Qwerty's comment hanging for a bit while we figured out what to do but I also didn't want it to snowball, you know? All I said to him was what I said above about not seeing action being taken, nothing sinister. I didn't necessarily want to alert anyone to the fact that ban + 30 was coming.

I think you could have gotten away with posting “under review” and would have still achieved your goal

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Flowers for QAnon posted:

I think you could have gotten away with posting “under review” and would have still achieved your goal

devil's advocate, getting "it's under review" probably would have also incensed everyone

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Seth is a good mod, despite what they say about him in SAD

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

Good loving riddance, thx Seth

a true gibbis success story

MrQwerty fucked around with this message at 22:20 on May 12, 2023

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

Seth is a good mod, despite what they say about him in SAD

If you're getting complained about in SAD it means you're doing something right

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Grimey Drawer

Drone_Fragger posted:

If you're getting complained about in SAD it means you're doing something right

This is as weird of posting as anything in sad. Your tone, its, its all wrong.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Charles Bukowski posted:

This is as weird of posting as anything in sad. Your tone, its, its all wrong.

Nah, DF is right but it’s Friday and it’s not worth getting into.

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

Seth is a good, albeit weird, mod, despite what they say about him in SAD

:hmmyes:

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

yeah Seth has been the most helpful moderator I've ever dealt with tbqh. imo this was handled pretty well, pic was up for a while but thankfully the forums were mostly dead while it was. Methanar is awful, but doxxing his date for nicely turning him down for talking about tax brackets and not tipping was beyond the pale.

now, smugs, is Seth a weirdo, a freak, or both?

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here
Seth?

Guy's a dink. Make Slugworth a mod.

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Literally A Person posted:

Seth?

:hmmyes:

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

What a minute
You motherfucker!!

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

If two grown men can't make a pervert happy for a few minutes in order to watch a film about zombies, then maybe we should all just move to Iran!

Literally A Person posted:

Seth?

I appreciate the thought, but Smugworth headed up a big effort to make me mod a month ago, and it sort of petered out. I think there was some branding confusion.

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

Smugworth posted:

What a minute
You motherfucker!!

:yeshaha:

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Grimey Drawer
I'm seeing double here. Two Slugworths!

Tarquinn
Jul 3, 2007

I know I’ve made some very poor decisions recently, but I can give you
my complete assurance that my work will be back to normal.
Hell Gem

MrQwerty posted:

is Seth a weirdo, a freak, or both?
Yes.

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

She is a very tsundere neko but also very sweety

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Grimey Drawer
How come there's r-slurs in the lepers colony

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

CSPAM

Tarquinn
Jul 3, 2007

I know I’ve made some very poor decisions recently, but I can give you
my complete assurance that my work will be back to normal.
Hell Gem
Today it is FYAD, actually.

But this is not a GBS issue. :)

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Grimey Drawer
Yeah but the place to post forums issues sucks.

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

At night, Bavovnyatko quietly comes to the occupiers’ bases, depots, airfields, oil refineries and other places full of flammable items and starts playing with fire there

Charles Bukowski posted:

Yeah but the place to post forums issues sucks.

Formulate a complaint then ask for six with that as a reason. Poof, feedback in the LC itself

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

Seth Pecksniff posted:

Thanks Shrek I didn’t read the whole thread before responding but hey I’ll take the 6er if he eats a ban+30. Small price to pay for a month of not worrying about Methanar

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

Aight if there's no more feedback :sweep:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Seth Pecksniff posted:

Aight if there's no more feedback :sweep:

I have one last piece of feedbacj