Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Tenebrais posted:

According to word of god, transformations happen in a magical place outside of space and time and anyone outside of the girls themselves just see them transform in an instant flash.

:negative:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
Truely, a magical girl story more dire than Madoka

Ragnar34
Oct 10, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Ofc that means shared transformations really are something you share :3:

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
https://twitter.com/cubewatermelon/status/1654932614367543298?s=46&t=-3btIhdWFD5M3u9M3Xo4WQ

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

Tenebrais posted:

According to word of god, transformations happen in a magical place outside of space and time and anyone outside of the girls themselves just see them transform in an instant flash.

Does this mean we the readers are Magical Girls?

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Kennel posted:

Does this mean we the readers are Magical Girls?

Yes.

Tendales
Mar 9, 2012
We're being shown this story by a magical girl. Maybe two. Maybe three if we count Mary. :kimchi:

coolusername
Aug 23, 2011

cooltitletext
https://youtube.com/shorts/AqcocTgf3x8?feature=share All magical girl transformation sequences should take the form of breaking out into dance.

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:

Well with that frame now I'm imagining them doing the Wild Side dance :kimchi:

Tau Wedel
Aug 3, 2007

I'm fine. Everything's fine. There is no reason to worry.
Aww, this is so cute. :3:

Tiny Myers posted:

Maybe this will be the moment where Arthur looks at them and goes "Oh" and it clicks that they're not just friends. :v:

Maybe he'll notice how similar their outfits have become and go "Oh wow, you're really a team now," and still not get it. :v:

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

the girls: We're girlfriends now!

Arthur: Wow....just some pals being gals....is the beautiful power of friendship not awe-inspiring.....

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."
This kind of makes me wonder whether there's some kind of professional standard regarding "don't ship your underage clients with each other". That actually seems like a logical rule to have!

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
All joking aside, I thought the managers were on the up-and-up regarding 'Dine and Ko'.

disposablewords
Sep 12, 2021

Kokoro's manager is aware of things between the two kids, but Undine's has shown no signs of knowing they're girlfriends. Mostly because Undine is way better at keeping her thoughts and feelings under wraps than Kokoro.

Tiny Myers
Jul 29, 2021

say hello to my little friend

Yeah, I think the jokes are mostly coming from this page:

https://www.sleeplessdomain.com/comic/chapter-21-page-15

"Looks like they get along pretty well."
"That's one way to put it."

Which feels a lot like:

"Wow! Such great friends :)"
"...........Sure"

Tiny Myers
Jul 29, 2021

ack quote is not edit drat you mobile!!! :negative:

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
And now for something much more positive

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

I was right, Undine's ribbons have changed to resemble Kokoro's! :3:

maltesh
May 20, 2004

Uncle Ben: Still Dead.
Oh, it's not a Press Conference, it's a talk show.

Unless it's live, I guess this episode is going to be heavily edited before it airs, if it airs at all.

The_Final_Stand
Nov 2, 2013

So cute and cuddly
Even if it does get censored, there's still the Live Studio Audience! Surely they'll believe these two teenagers!

Yeah, this isn't going to go well. The presenter just said this was going to be a more feel-good segment, I can't believe anyone will respond well to "actually, there's a rogue MG out there that can control monsters and actively hates me"

The_Final_Stand fucked around with this message at 13:43 on May 13, 2023

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

The_Final_Stand posted:

Even if it does get censored, there's still the Live Studio Audience! Surely they'll believe these two teenagers!

Yeah, this isn't going to go well. The presenter just said this was going to be a more feel-good segment, I can't believe anyone will respond well to "actually, there's a rogue MG out there that can control monsters and actively hates me"

"Remember last night when the barrier stopped before the monsters? Yeah, that's probably related."

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

It probably is legitimately live, so I think the only censoring thing they could do is cut to commercial.

Also there's ways to present this that isnt "rogue magical girl out to kill us all and hates everyone". It could be as simple as "Hey, there's a strange goopy monster that resembles a magical girl. Be careful around her and contact (to be determine) if you see something matching this description"
Basically present it as a Magical Girl PSA. Which would certainly make things like "hey want to go somewhere after this : )" be a smidge less goofy than if the plan was spilling all the beans live on television, while still getting the message out and getting other girls on alert.

Though even if it's more intense than that I could see Kokoro's agent stepping in and spinning it that way because she sees their way out of nowhere explanation as just instilling a bunch of fear in the audience and likely getting them blacklisted or something. The way she was staring at the pair at the top here https://www.sleeplessdomain.com/comic/chapter-21-page-15 + working with someone like Kokoro in general, probably has her on notice for Dumb Teen Decisions.

Ragnar34
Oct 10, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
There's a ton of individual characterization in the art for the crowd. You can see what a lot of them are thinking and what it's like to know them.

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

https://www.sleeplessdomain.com/comic/chapter-21-page-20

HP next page: Trust me, I tried!

Audience: uproarous laughter

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
I'm choosing to believe that there's a large group of featureless Doughboy people in the audience.

Twibbit
Mar 7, 2013

Is your refrigerator running?
Person in front of her father: "Wait, why is she frowning at me?"

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

Just a little bit of sunshine!
Momma Undine :3:

Also I guess Undine and Kokoro's dads go to the same barber or something.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

rannum posted:

https://www.sleeplessdomain.com/comic/chapter-21-page-20

HP next page: Trust me, I tried!

Audience: uproarous laughter

HP: "Funny you mentioned that, we did, she looks like a lot of other magical girls, and we have no idea who or where she is!"

Undine: "She really has it out for me in particular!"

HP: "She may walk among us!"

Audience: dead silence

HP: "ummm, also, me and Undine are dating now"

Audience : dead silence followed by furious applause

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Otherkinsey Scale posted:

Also I guess Undine and Kokoro's dads go to the same barber or something.

When your daughter becomes a magical girl your stubble just does that

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

When you're all trapped in a nightmare city fashion trends spread quickly

that stubble is in, fellas

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

rannum posted:

When you're all trapped in a nightmare city fashion trends spread quickly

that stubble is in, fellas

Clean-shaven Arthur is behind the times as always.

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

In today's update, Mary continues to torture herself with crowd shots

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
https://www.sleeplessdomain.com/comic/chapter-21-page-22
At this point the host is probably thinking that these two remind her of the Fire/Ice MG duo who are also dating and constantly flirting. She's not ready for that Goops intel.

Ragnar34
Oct 10, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Fire/Ice would not be sitting in different chairs, though, and I'm not convinced they'd be engaging with the host or audience much at all.

It's debatable whether their episodes would make for good TV or not, but like a Keanu Reeves movie, anybody tuning in is there because they know what they're getting.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
Yeah poo poo's about to get way more crazy than your average late-night show is supposed to be

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Ragnar34 posted:

Fire/Ice would not be sitting in different chairs, though, and I'm not convinced they'd be engaging with the host or audience much at all.

It's debatable whether their episodes would make for good TV or not, but like a Keanu Reeves movie, anybody tuning in is there because they know what they're getting.

:hmmyes: I was wrong, this is the kind of interview I'd have to expect.

Agaragon
Nov 16, 2018
The interviewer's about to have a moment where she very quickly reevaluates the amount of government intervention in her show.

Tiny Myers
Jul 29, 2021

She just keeps saying "Well! That's all terrifying, so now it's time for something much more positive" and switching through magical girl guests until one of them gives a story about kittens

Twibbit
Mar 7, 2013

Is your refrigerator running?
Wonder what Stressa's reaction will be to her TV reveal, for some reason. I can't shake the idea she/they will actually be amused. Especially if it starts a paranoid panic

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yak of Wrath
Feb 24, 2011

Keeping It Together

Twibbit posted:

Wonder what Stressa's reaction will be to her TV reveal, for some reason. I can't shake the idea she/they will actually be amused. Especially if it starts a paranoid panic

She'll call in live, give a big villain speech and the crowd will go wild!