Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Molten Llama
Sep 20, 2006

Grand Fromage posted:

Update on ice cream, the family pulled through and there are at least 20 tubs of lemon ice cream distributed through various freezers. I'm going today to see if I can score more.

If you need to fill any pint-sized gaps in the freezers, the yuzu swirl non-dairy ice cream is also pretty tasty. Good texture for a coconut-based ice cream, too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

yoloer420
May 19, 2006
I think Trader Joe's is likely a US only thing, so I've never been to one. Reading the thread reminded me of this song though:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OdB7GDZY3Pk

Fish Of Doom
Aug 18, 2004
I'm too awake for this to be a nightmare

Super Sour Scandinavian Swimmers are the best gummy candy ever. That is all.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe

Fish Of Doom posted:

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

These disappear with a quickness in my house

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Cross-Section posted:

These disappear with a quickness in my house

They are so drat good.

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

On the internet, nobody knows you're a dog.

yoloer420 posted:

I think Trader Joe's is likely a US only thing, so I've never been to one. Reading the thread reminded me of this song though:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OdB7GDZY3Pk

its Aldi Nord but everyone wears Hawaiian shirts and the store brands all have cutesy names.

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

:aaaaa:

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Fish Of Doom posted:

Oh yes.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

The Steak and Stout pies are like a million calories but they are pretty good.

I also picked up some lemon ice cream and will report back later.

The cashier dude said the horchata ice cream is also legit good.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
hit TJ's this afternoon and copped, among other things, some vodka sauce and the habanero hot sauce.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Has anyone tried the Jalapeño limeaid? I saw that today.

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Chinatown posted:

hit TJ's this afternoon and copped, among other things, some vodka sauce and the habanero hot sauce.

This motherfucker

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Smugworth posted:

This motherfucker

Hab sauce is a bit sweet for my taste but the heat is excellent. also the garlic+jalap stuffed olives i picked up are good, but not quite as good as the Costco ones. I have made notes regarding all of these determinations.

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

Real bullets mess up how cool this thing looks.

-Blade

Why on earth did I check this thread when I'm planning on going to TJ's tomorrow...

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
i am loving this 5$ prosciutto pizza

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

The lemon ice cream is indeed legit good. It’s a bit rich for me but it is fantastic.

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

-Blade

Grand Fromage posted:

Yeah I found them pretty disappointing. Not everything's going to be a winner at Joe.

Update on ice cream, the family pulled through and there are at least 20 tubs of lemon ice cream distributed through various freezers. I'm going today to see if I can score more.

Bought some of this today, partly on this recommendation - this stuff is good.

iroguebot
Feb 15, 2001

Nerf this!

I kinda want to work at Trader Joes to be honest with you, I'm kind of grinding it out on a sales route but there seems something soothing and chill about working in a store with friendly customers (for the most part).

Also bummed my store in Houston doesn't have Ube spread yet.

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี
I'm heading to TJ's right now

Quick, give me something random to try

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

The Trader Joes reserve wines are real good and cheap.

The Jam filled heart cookies are also banging

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

isaboo posted:

I'm heading to TJ's right now

Quick, give me something random to try

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี
Couldn't find either of those but I got some maple creme filled cookies and the beef birria and lemon ice cream. And the standards like orange chicken and fixins for pizza. Their Tuscano cheese blend and pepperoni are delicious.

Checkout dude said the beef birria is excellent.

Radio Nowhere
Jan 8, 2010
Their Tomato Leaf Candle: safe enough for smellin, not for lightin'

https://www.eatingwell.com/article/8050466/trader-joes-candle-recall-overheating-risk/

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Wasn't sure what to do with this, my wife got it, but it's limey and spicy and interesting. The jar says mix with sour cream to make jalapeno lime "crema" and it was pretty good on some TJs chicken enchiladas verdes

(The enchiladas themselves can use some extra enchilada sauce and cheese. I had salsa and cheddar on hand)

Refried beans on the side but they didn't come from Trader Joe's I'm afraid. La Preferida is the name of the game when it comes to refried beans, just so you know.

Most other brands are pasty dogshit.

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

It was really good

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Try it on some eggs

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Not really sure lime is the flavor I'm looking for for eggs but we'll see if I'm feeling adventurous

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

Smugworth posted:

Wasn't sure what to do with this, my wife got it, but it's limey and spicy and interesting. The jar says mix with sour cream to make jalapeno lime "crema" and it was pretty good on some TJs chicken enchiladas verdes

(The enchiladas themselves can use some extra enchilada sauce and cheese. I had salsa and cheddar on hand)

Refried beans on the side but they didn't come from Trader Joe's I'm afraid. La Preferida is the name of the game when it comes to refried beans, just so you know.

Most other brands are pasty dogshit.

my brother in christ, your images are Costco sized in the Trader Joe's thread, take it down a notch!!!!

AcidCat
Feb 10, 2005

If you're into the whole 'dine scene the TJ smoked/olive oil sardines are really good.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

AcidCat posted:

If you're into the whole 'dine scene the TJ smoked/olive oil sardines are really good.

just copped a few of these on the way home. can confirm these are the business. :haibrow:

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

The smoked trout is great too if you're into non-'dine canfish.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

AcidCat posted:

These are hella good

iroguebot
Feb 15, 2001

Nerf this!

bagmonkey posted:

my brother in christ, your images are Costco sized in the Trader Joe's thread, take it down a notch!!!!

mods 56k warning tia

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002

by VideoGames
Hell Gem

Grand Fromage posted:

The smoked trout is great too if you're into non-'dine canfish.

Don’t smoke a trout

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

I've come to report the sour Scandinavian swimmers are no match for Albanese sour bears. But they're not too bad otherwise.

Now what the hell do I do with this catsup seasoning

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี
Got some Joe-Joes as my zoo zoos

Strawberry-lemon creme sandwich cookies. Taste kinda like fruity pebbles. Very good.

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Other reviews

Saw these next to the crispy okra. Very sweet and oniony, but like the okra, seems like you get very little weight for the pricetag. I can't tell if they're actual onion leaves or not.

Chunky yet vinegary. Nice kick to it. Interesting flavor.

These rule. Unique jerk flavor compared to your standard potato chips, nice little spicy kick. Deffo a new fav.

Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

Smugworth posted:

These rule. Unique jerk flavor compared to your standard potato chips, nice little spicy kick. Deffo a new fav.

yeah these are really good.

we love the elote flavored corn chips too. like giant, flaky fritos with a creamy, spicy seasoning

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

-Blade

Smugworth posted:

Other reviews

Saw these next to the crispy okra. Very sweet and oniony, but like the okra, seems like you get very little weight for the pricetag. I can't tell if they're actual onion leaves or not.

According to the nutrition label, the ingredients are onions, rice bran oil, and salt. So yes, actual onion leaves.