Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

It's extra nuts that she was written by the same person who wrote Aveline in 2.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sweet geek swag
Mar 29, 2006

Adjust lasers to FUN!

Oxxidation posted:

I have no idea what BioWare intended with Sera. they’ve made plenty of characters I dislike but she’s the only one whose purpose is totally inscrutable

She's funny! SHE STOLE THEIR PANTS! DON'T YOU GET IT? Oh wait now she's basically demanding you ignore the evidence in front of your eyes if you want to keep her romancing you, literally demanding you gaslight yourself. BUT SHE'S DEFINITELY FUNNY!

NO I AM NOT YELLING TO COVER UP MY INABILITY TO LIE!

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
I think she fell in a weird gap between like, "hostile party member who challenges the player character" while still trying to be that AIDS-rear end late Bioware humorous character and it didn't work at all

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

I told her to gently caress off and never recruited her lol.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
People tended to like the sassy, quirky party member and someone at Bioware decided to mercy kill the archetype by taking it to its logical conclusion, is my most charitable read.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

I got to the part where you hang out with yourself from 2 and was like "hell yes this kicks rear end" and then never booted up the game again for some reason.

Psycho Landlord
Oct 10, 2012

What are you gonna do, dance with me?

That's one of the few actually just good parts of the game too lmao

Everything else ranges from good* to outright bad, except for the dragon fights, which own

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Ibram Gaunt posted:

It's extra nuts that she was written by the same person who wrote Aveline in 2.

Aveline is the best basic starting companion of all of Bioware games and it's really funny how mad some people get that you can't romance her.

edit: that entire sentence also describes Varric.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I’m editing my new short film today. It’s got aliens and chainsaws

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
But do the aliens use the chainsaws?

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

MacheteZombie posted:

But do the aliens use the chainsaws?

doom

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Speaking of dragon age… lol

https://twitter.com/Kelgrid/status/1656810121878556672?s=20

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
didnt know the pope was possessed by satan... praying for a quick recovery

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
Zelda

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

Look, the Pope's a high-priority target, and it turns out most popes are pretty easy to tempt. It's cheaper to have an exorcist on call rather than select lovely Medici popes who are sufficiently hedonistic and jaded to be Satan-resistant.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
I haven't watched it yet, but Crowe does an Italian accent in the movie so I definitely will watch it

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

crowe apparently gets to go full crowe in the movie and thats its only saving grace

praying i can finish zelda before my friend returns from his trip on sunday and i have to give him back his switch

Douche Wolf 89
Dec 9, 2010

🍉🐺8️⃣9️⃣
hmm mistake, or cutting comparison between orlais decadance and ok yeah they had no historical or religious consultant

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Typing "inquisition symbol" into Google dot com and printing out the first image to give to the set designers for my movie that cost 18 million dollars to make

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

I just watched this last night it ruled. Crowe is extra funny doing the Italian accent and driving around in a tiny vespa and being all "I'm a nice charming exorcist like a plumber Ho Ho Ho" while everyone else plays their role dead serious. There's a minor cardinal character antagonist where the actor just screams all his lines with pure contempt. The demon (voiced by the guy who played the titular green knight in that film) does a bunch of exorcist poo poo and then later they go to a cave where that inquisition symbol happens and the whole thing turns into a video game last boss. Crowe at one point casually burns a piece of paper and throws it down a well and it does a nice little mushroom cloud explosion. My favourite is they retconned the whole Spanish inquisition as something directed by the devil who possessed one of their high ranking people at the time. Apparently crowe 's character is based on an actual person but a quarter through they gave up all pretense of doing a conjuring - like giving him some reverence, and just went all ham

Douche Wolf 89
Dec 9, 2010

🍉🐺8️⃣9️⃣
catposting. she is subtly asking for armpit scratches here

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

Pope Exorcist vs Young Pope, who wins

sweet geek swag
Mar 29, 2006

Adjust lasers to FUN!

DaysBefore posted:

Pope Exorcist vs Young Pope, who wins

Young Pope, cause demons ain't real, but regressive Catholics are.

B33rChiller
Aug 18, 2011

Douche Wolf 89 posted:

Looks like a case for a high five and scritch.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

sweet geek swag posted:

Young Pope, cause demons ain't real, but regressive Catholics are.

I think you'll find that demons are indeed real, Jeff is making one an admin as soon as he wakes up

sweet geek swag
Mar 29, 2006

Adjust lasers to FUN!

Fajita Queen posted:

I think you'll find that demons are indeed real, Jeff is making one an admin as soon as he wakes up

I think I'd still take Jude Law in a fight with any goon.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Famethrowa posted:

pets rule. this is minnie.

My puppy eats those like it’s her job. Then she gets annoyed that she has fluff sticking to her face

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

Famethrowa posted:

pets rule. this is minnie.

thats a flower dumbass

Autisanal Cheese
Nov 29, 2010

Douche Wolf 89 posted:

she even has a built-in "scritch here" target on her fur, cats these days are upping their game fr

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I need to see that movie goddamn

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6i7ycxiog40

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

And the Pope is played by Franco Nero so you keep expecting the movie to take a turn where he shows up at the house and pulls put two 19th century revolvers to shoot the demon

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Alaois posted:

And the Pope is played by Franco Nero so you keep expecting the movie to take a turn where he shows up at the house and pulls put two 19th century revolvers to shoot the demon

Missed opportunity IMO.

copy
Jul 26, 2007

Douche Wolf 89 posted:

my mom had a cat and when she would say "high five rosie" to her she would raise her paw for a high five. cats own

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Alaois posted:

Gotta save something for the sequel

Mock Turtle
Jul 19, 2022

lmfao

reminds me of that one author who included a breath of the wild recipie to dye clothes red in his Serious Historical Novel. not even questioning wtf an octorok eyeball is.

Douche Wolf 89
Dec 9, 2010

🍉🐺8️⃣9️⃣
later on an apprentice blacksmith character is advised by his master to "craft a large amount of iron daggers, the experience is comparable but way cheaper materials"

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?

Mock Turtle posted:

lmfao

reminds me of that one author who included a breath of the wild recipie to dye clothes red in his Serious Historical Novel. not even questioning wtf an octorok eyeball is.

God that's right, it was a novel by John Boyne, the same hack who wrote The Boy in the Striped Pyjamas
gently caress that guy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
octoroks are real