Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: MokBa)

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
https://www.tiktok.com/embed/7232618647263530283

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

😸Everything's 🗞️ purrfect!💯🤟

CJ posted:

A simple cheese weapon is a spear with an electric thing fused to the end. It will stun enemies and usually make them drop their weapon so they to go pick it back up.

The same goes for icicles and such, you can get a pretty powerful freeze weapon for cheap, although they break off the base pretty fast.

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock
Exactly how do you split up fused weapons?

Lube Enthusiast
May 26, 2016

Dumb question regarding Hateno Village: can you choose who becomes mayor?

Deceptive Thinker
Oct 5, 2005

I'll rip out your optics!

HellOnEarth posted:

Such as?

Seriously. I’m having fun but I’m getting my rear end kicked every other fight. I’m just not good at this kind of thinking…

At least it’s forcing me to finally get good at perfect dodges and flurry rushing. I need some advice for doing cool poo poo.

Fuse every weapon, fuse nearly every arrow with something - approach fights from a distance and use arrows. This game showers you with arrows unlike BOTW.
Recall can be ridiculous in certain combat situations.
Using the right TYPE of weapon against the right enemies. The difference between spears, 2handers, and 1 handers is much more noticeable in this game, as is the difference between axes, hammers, and swords. Different fuse and base weapons have different lengths even, so if you're going face to face with a moblin with a dagger, well...

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold

ymgve posted:

Exactly how do you split up fused weapons?

You can delete the item that is fused on while keeping the base through the menu.

If you want to keep the item on the end the goron kid in tarry town will do so for 20 rupees.

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
A lot of people mentioned the Great Plateau, so I figured I'd head over. I got the quest and it seems really interesting.. but also I headed up to see how the Shrine of Resurrection was doing and found something very very interesting there I wasn't expecting. I do like how there's a natural hot springs in there, almost a little hint as to why maybe that place was chosen to restore Link way back. Also fuckin hell these black Moblins are ruining me!

I'm very glad to be able to return to old familiar areas and see how they've changed, I feel like I don't get to do that a lot in games

Whimsicalfuckery
Sep 6, 2011

Game is an absolute masterpiece and well worth staying unspoiled for. I hit one of those bouncy towers right before a blood moon and it was the coolest poo poo ever.

One thing I'd like to learn to avoid is seeing the dragon's tears memories out of order. I accidentally found memory 10 right after seeing memory 1 with Impa and now I'm kind of bummed, I don't know how you can ensure that you see them in order aside from looking up guides which I'm not keen to do.

Deceptive Thinker
Oct 5, 2005

Whimsicalfuckery posted:

Game is an absolute masterpiece and well worth staying unspoiled for. I hit one of those bouncy towers right before a blood moon and it was the coolest poo poo ever.

One thing I'd like to learn to avoid is seeing the dragon's tears memories out of order. I accidentally found memory 10 right after seeing memory 1 with Impa and now I'm kind of bummed, I don't know how you can ensure that you see them in order aside from looking up guides which I'm not keen to do.

If you go where Impa says she's going you'll find something that shows you the order

Johnny Postnemonic
Apr 27, 2023

I want to get online...
I need to post!
You can only cook 1 item in the zonai pots then it vanishes!!!?? Basic bitch zonai

Balance i guess but still

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

Lube Enthusiast posted:

Asking any goons who followed the chasm beneath where Hyrule Castle stood: Is the D___ K____ A____ part of the main quest? I warped out after dying trying to tackle that

That's literally the final boss arena you walked into. Just like BotW you can just walk there but uh, you're not gonna have a good time if you haven't done the main quest.

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

Johnny Postnemonic posted:

You can only cook 1 item in the zonai pots then it vanishes!!!?? Basic bitch zonai

Balance i guess but still

It's "in case of emergencies", but the good news is that it still works in the rain so you can actually use it in an emergency

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

Oh interesting. If you have enough stamina, the right jump off point and the Rito dungeon reward, it's possible to reach the Zora dungeon lead up seemingly without the pre requisite plot stuff.

Going to try and reach the dungeon proper and see how the game deals with it.

funkymonks
Aug 31, 2004

Pillbug
Is there a way to unstick stuff combined with Ultrahand? I feel like I missed a mechanic.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011

funkymonks posted:

Is there a way to unstick stuff combined with Ultrahand? I feel like I missed a mechanic.
Grab the piece you want unstuck and wiggle the right stick.

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

I'm what the kids call: a big nerd

funkymonks posted:

wiggle it

(it being either the piece or your controller)

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

😸Everything's 🗞️ purrfect!💯🤟

lol, game perfect

eravulgaris
Jul 7, 2012

Having a lot of fun but kinda happy I’m off that Great Sky Island. I found it kinda tedious in places. Had to backtrack a few times.

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Do you eventually find some sort of steering wheel type construct?

The way this game makes BOTW look silly is insane. Glad it took six years

Whimsicalfuckery
Sep 6, 2011

Deceptive Thinker posted:

If you go where Impa says she's going you'll find something that shows you the order

Oh right, is it the order they appear in on the walls?

Johnny Postnemonic
Apr 27, 2023

I want to get online...
I need to post!

Hogama posted:

Grab the piece you want unstuck and wiggle the right stick.

Right stick is only when motion controls are off, otherwise its controller shake.

Deceptive Thinker
Oct 5, 2005

Whimsicalfuckery posted:

Oh right, is it the order they appear in on the walls?

Yeah clockwise from the left

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
I ha e wiggle on but shaking the stick still works.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

God drat this game is going to consume all my time

Whimsicalfuckery
Sep 6, 2011

Deceptive Thinker posted:

Yeah clockwise from the left

Awesome, cheers for the tip.

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

Lol, okay so they will let you climb all the way up to the water dungeon out of sequence no issue but they will not let you hand scan in to start the dungeon without the appropriate friend.

Fish Appreciator
Nov 25, 2021
The Internet is gonna thirst over Purah so hard, which is a shame when her assistant is objectively cuter.

Sir Sidney Poitier
Aug 14, 2006

My favourite actor

Carlosologist posted:

Do you eventually find some sort of steering wheel type construct?

I've found control things but they're either already lying around (not had one dispensed) and they don't seem to offer full control, only a tiny bit of L/R.

Attack on Princess
Dec 15, 2008

To yolo rolls! The cause and solution to all problems!
The greatest band in the world made an art

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GNJtPFXUnm4

I thought this was the monthly video game talking thread.

Attack on Princess fucked around with this message at 15:16 on May 13, 2023

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

Lube Enthusiast posted:

Dumb question regarding Hateno Village: can you choose who becomes mayor?

Also interested.

And god this game keeps blowing me away. Found some treasure maps on sky islands pointong to the depths. what the heck.

Also also finally started to get the upgrades, good to see DLC stuff like medallions and Hero's Path is now base game.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Could use a quick yes/no on wether I’m on the right track: So I went ahead to The Great Plateau since hey I’m sure there’s something there. At the Temple of Time I went to the statue/shrine and get a message about being trapped under water behind the stone gate of the great plateau. I found a stone gate on the NE side, just west of the forest of time. This drained a section of water so I thought, great, that was it! Except there’s nothing under water? Was this just a shortcut / entrance to the plateau or is it related to the shrine?

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I have found for detaching stuff rotating my stick in a circle a couple times(like throwing Bowser) works better than just wiggling it and makes you less likely to accidentally toss the thing it was attached to

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

Totally works.

Republicans fucked around with this message at 15:24 on May 13, 2023

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Could use a quick yes/no on wether I’m on the right track: So I went ahead to The Great Plateau since hey I’m sure there’s something there. At the Temple of Time I went to the statue/shrine and get a message about being trapped under water behind the stone gate of the great plateau. I found a stone gate on the NE side, just west of the forest of time. This drained a section of water so I thought, great, that was it! Except there’s nothing under water? Was this just a shortcut / entrance to the plateau or is it related to the shrine?

Talk to the statue again and you'll progress, you did it right.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

After I landed on the surface I found myself avoiding all combat at first, and I realized the reason was in my head I was thinking "I don't want them to know Link is still alive" like worried they'd recognize me and tell Ganon lol. After I got a new set of clothes I started engaging with enemy encampments and taking them out though

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

iirc there is something to talk to there, it belnds in with the ground. If not try talking to the statue again.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Went to make some quick cash like how I did in botw. Ended up only making 1200 rupies, and had to spend 700, and started a temple :/

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

https://twitter.com/aitaikimochi/status/1657350804695818240

Johnny Postnemonic
Apr 27, 2023

I want to get online...
I need to post!

the first one to come out is better but its in a big spoiler location so lmao. still funny tho.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Johnny Postnemonic
Apr 27, 2023

I want to get online...
I need to post!
found a balloon setup and attached it to a wooden plank and expected a fan to work but it didnt so i put in a log and set it on fire with a flame seed arrow and the whole thing was on fire but...

but it went up. :cool:

but i was still on the floor :negative: