Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: 16-bit Butt-Head)

DrPossum
May 15, 2004

i am not a surgeon

Did he ever comply with Germany's request to remove literal nazi content? The one he at the very least was dragging his feet on for some reason? The one he didn't just immediately roll over for? Why was that situation different? :thunk: Gonna send this one down to the folks in the mystery lab.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DrPossum
May 15, 2004

i am not a surgeon

apatheticman posted:

You know.

All this time....

Tesla still hasn't done a model refresh on their cars.

Weird.

Ya can't improve upon perfection!

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep
Well, he just said it: free speech is sharing memes with frens

It has nothing to do with journalists speaking out against an authoritarian government

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys
i keep refreshing and searching matt taibbi's web site but no Twitter Files are showing. where am i supposed to get insightful and groundbreaking coverage on these free speech issues?

i figured he would be on the beat considering he broke one of the most important stories of the past several decades just a couple of months ago

robot roll call
Mar 7, 2006

dance dance dance dance dance to the radio

well he finally made me laugh

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable

the milk machine posted:

i keep refreshing and searching matt taibbi's web site but no Twitter Files are showing. where am i supposed to get insightful and groundbreaking coverage on these free speech issues?

i figured he would be on the beat considering he broke one of the most important stories of the past several decades just a couple of months ago

I'm... not sure if egglasias was sincere with that comment or not

nikosoft
Dec 17, 2011

ghost in the shell, but somehow much worse
College Slice

I'm in awe of how stupid he is

Clark Nova
Jul 18, 2004

Elias_Maluco posted:

Well, he just said it: free speech is sharing memes with frens

It has nothing to do with journalists speaking out against an authoritarian government

the Turkish opposition simply needs to release all their communications in the nazi babytalk meme format

nikosoft
Dec 17, 2011

College Slice
He's definitely gotten stupider over the last few years, hollywood pharmaceuticals + lead has been boring holes into his brain

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys

Asproigerosis posted:

I'm... not sure if egglasias was sincere with that comment or not

you really think someone woudl do that? just go on the internet and be insincere?

that's not the kind of world i want to live in, i'll tell you what

DrPossum
May 15, 2004

i am not a surgeon
You see, all governments are perfect extensions of the people's will. Especially ones that make demands to suppress journalists tweets they don't like immediately before a contentious election. - The smartest man in the world

nikosoft
Dec 17, 2011

College Slice

DrPossum posted:

You see, all governments are perfect extensions of the people's will. Especially ones that make demands to suppress journalists tweets they don't like immediately before a contentious election. - The smartest man in the world

The people elected Joe Biden, therefore Twitter is perfectly in its rights to censor Hunter's hog upon Biden's request

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

Twitter is all about free speech and should never censor posts, other than when a government asks them to do so, except if that government is the United States government, not counting the Trump administration.

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable

the milk machine posted:

you really think someone woudl do that? just go on the internet and be insincere?

that's not the kind of world i want to live in, i'll tell you what

I meant that he's such a loving moron he might actually believe there will be a new Twitter files about this deal with the turkey government, in accordance to transparency and centrism!

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep
Besides, journalists are all lying globalist NWO Soros agents anyway

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

https://twitter.com/Arkenor/status/1657435852304261121

Shocker

shackleford
Sep 4, 2006

lol erdogan does this all the time

https://twitter.com/evacide/status/1657444120728596480

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys

Asproigerosis posted:

I meant that he's such a loving moron he might actually believe there will be a new Twitter files about this deal with the turkey government, in accordance to transparency and centrism!

I hope there will be a new twitter files from americas favorite Twitter writer Matt taibbi!

no one else can crack this case wide open and finally expose the nexus between the deep state and capital. the sheeple need to hear the truth.

Euphoriaphone
Aug 10, 2006

the only funny thing musk will have ever done is how effortlessly he got taibbi to throw away any shred of integrity matt had, then immediately discarding him when he became bored. plus the kicker of posting taibbi’s pathetic, groveling text messages

https://twitter.com/mtaibbi/status/1657413841163042821?s=61&t=QdlsJe4nVluWsQwSLT-pdw

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

maximised uncensored user tweets

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

getting owned by Matty has gotta be rock bottem

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

Euphoriaphone posted:

the only funny thing musk will have ever done is how effortlessly he got taibbi to throw away any shred of integrity matt had, then immediately discarding him when he became bored. plus the kicker of posting taibbi’s pathetic, groveling text messages

https://twitter.com/mtaibbi/status/1657413841163042821?s=61&t=QdlsJe4nVluWsQwSLT-pdw

can’t throw away what never existed lol

Glumwheels
Jan 25, 2003

https://twitter.com/BidenHQ

DrPossum posted:

Did he ever comply with Germany's request to remove literal nazi content? The one he at the very least was dragging his feet on for some reason? The one he didn't just immediately roll over for? Why was that situation different? :thunk: Gonna send this one down to the folks in the mystery lab.

Hmm what ARE his politics? The world may never know.

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

why are you being mean to me???

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
A regular Thomas Jefferson.
A second American Sphinx

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

Euphoriaphone posted:

is matt taibi not aware that elon musk owns and operates twitter?

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I’m not real up on Turkish network engineering but I’m pretty sure all they can do is DNS ban which endusers can can easily circumvent.

unless all the ISPs are state controlled, in which they can block all traffic to the IPs, which would be counterproductive and cause the gamers to revolt.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Ringo Roadagain posted:

Well, the TFs were about pre-elon twitter and how twitter dastardly colluded with the (not yet) government to remove dong pics. Which is completely different with post-elon twitter and how they have been forced by a government to choose the least bad option.

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.
Elon doing the last name thing is weirdly funny to me

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

HootTheOwl posted:

A regular Thomas Jefferson.
A second American Sphinx

more like american sphinxter

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
elon is bringing american free not turkey free speech

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
the turkey is a stupid bird and has no concept of free speech to begin with

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

bro wild turkeys are smart and vicious. They’re capable of holding multi year grudges.

the domesticated ones? fat idiots. confused by water.

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

coconono posted:

bro wild turkeys are smart and vicious. They’re capable of holding multi year grudges.

i never expected domesticated turky to be my spirit animal but here we are

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys
the people demand truth, transparency, and accountability in their corporations. and they shall have it

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

coconono posted:

wild turkeys arent using twitter

19 o'clock
Sep 9, 2004

Excelsior!!!

Ringo Roadagain posted:

...my jaw hit the FLOOR!

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys

Ringo Roadagain posted:

honestly this would explain a lot about that whole saga

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

coconono posted:

Wild turkeys still attack my car on sight when I visit my parents.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bigstupidjellyfish
Oct 25, 2010
"did your brain fall out of your head" sounds like a weird idiom that doesnt sound quite right translated into english