Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sedgr
Sep 16, 2007

Neat!

Strange arachnid demon horse hybrids.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mescal
Jul 23, 2005

do you think people would yell at me if i posted these as the op to "awful new yorker cartoons" thread? They don't fit here, but I have a feeling people would yell at me.

Doctor Zero
Sep 21, 2002

Would you like a jelly baby?
It's been in my pocket through 4 regenerations,
but it's still good.

brocked posted:

he needs to be peeking out of a mailbox!

I tried. Oh I tried. :negative:

It usually shows him in something that looks like an old furnace.

The closest I’ve gotten

Congratulations Mr. Wayne! You may already be a winner in the Publisher’s Clearing House Sweepstakes!

Bonus Batman making GBS threads in a mailbox.

E: vvv fffffffffffffffffff

Doctor Zero fucked around with this message at 14:39 on May 13, 2023

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Doctor Zero posted:

I tried. Oh I tried. :negative:
batman hiding inside a mailbox surprising the mailman, 4k, photograph, 11AM

you forgot one

pixaal fucked around with this message at 14:20 on May 13, 2023

Cousin Todd
Jul 3, 2007
Grimey Drawer
How are you making those new Yorker comics and why are they equally as unfunny as actual new Yorker comics?

Mescal
Jul 23, 2005

PlaysGamesWrong posted:

How are you making those new Yorker comics and why are they equally as unfunny as actual new Yorker comics?

AI and AI

Soulhunter
Dec 2, 2005

how about some Far Side

taqueso
Mar 8, 2004

:911:
:wookie: :thermidor: :wookie:
:dehumanize:

:pirate::hf::tinfoil:

Indistinguishable

Analytic Engine
May 18, 2009

not the analytical engine

Soulhunter posted:

how about some Far Side

Cow Gens

Sedgr
Sep 16, 2007

Neat!

Some good witching hour paranormal type stuff.

Soulhunter
Dec 2, 2005

None quite hit the mark for Far Side cows.

this one came out a little perry bible fellowship-like in style

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
I wonder if Larson's years of suing to get his stuff taken off the internet is paying off by being a much smaller dataset in the training data

of course anyone could just make a LORA or whatever privately so lol

ante
Apr 9, 2005

SUNSHINE AND RAINBOWS

AARD VARKMAN posted:

I wonder if Larson's years of suing to get his stuff taken off the internet is paying off by being a much smaller dataset in the training data

of course anyone could just make a LORA or whatever privately so lol

I don't think he sued anyone

https://nymag.com/intelligencer/2019/12/gary-larson-finally-puts-the-far-side-online.html

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

Maybe it's never made it to an actual suit but he/his company send takedown notices all the time. Iirc SA even got one for reposts in a comic thread

Crapple!
Nov 1, 2019

I generated these for some reason. Maybe they're exactly what someone has been looking for

Crapple! fucked around with this message at 09:47 on May 14, 2023

ReelBigLizard
Feb 27, 2003

Fallen Rib
Torgo's Executive Pizza

Doctor Zero
Sep 21, 2002

but it's still good.

Soulhunter posted:

how about some Far Side

I laughed. Success!

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
hey if you're fuckin around with bing making these is there a way to look back thru your history other than just what shows up on your "recent creations?" I mean i got like a hundred creds for it and it only shows like the last 20 so i guess i better be keeping track of them some kinda better way?

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

SniperWoreConverse posted:

hey if you're fuckin around with bing making these is there a way to look back thru your history other than just what shows up on your "recent creations?" I mean i got like a hundred creds for it and it only shows like the last 20 so i guess i better be keeping track of them some kinda better way?

Browser history, every image gets a unique URL no idea how long it's good for. So basically look for the history called whatever you think the put in for the prompt and have fun if you did multiple of the same one juggling it.

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
Well gently caress it in gonna have to keep a fuckin list of these. I made like 40 that turned out lovely or decent for every one I liked

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

SniperWoreConverse posted:

Well gently caress it in gonna have to keep a fuckin list of these. I made like 40 that turned out lovely or decent for every one I liked

You can save them when you make them and even make folders there it's right next to share, very easy to miss.

Cousin Todd
Jul 3, 2007
Grimey Drawer
MJ saves everything you upscale and makes it publicly available unless you literally pay them not to.

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
Gonna have to try it out

Beast Pussy
Nov 30, 2006

You are dark inside

Could anyone who uses stable diffusion talk about their workflow a bit. The biggest turnoff for me about using midjourney and bing is that it makes 4 (or sometimes 2 on Bing?) pics at a time. I'm going to make the jump soon to SD, and want to be able to tinker a bit, and then set it to make 100 pics in a theme at various sampling steps and stuff. I remember seeing something about that early on.

Dr Spangle
Jul 31, 2022

goats-tea?

tango alpha delta
Sep 9, 2011

Ask me about my wealthy lifestyle and passive income! I love bragging about my wealth to my lessers! My opinions are more valid because I have more money than you! Stealing the fruits of the labor of the working class is okay, so long as you don't do it using crypto. More money = better than!

Beast Pussy posted:

Could anyone who uses stable diffusion talk about their workflow a bit. The biggest turnoff for me about using midjourney and bing is that it makes 4 (or sometimes 2 on Bing?) pics at a time. I'm going to make the jump soon to SD, and want to be able to tinker a bit, and then set it to make 100 pics in a theme at various sampling steps and stuff. I remember seeing something about that early on.

Stable Diffusion running locally on my iPhone gives me batches of up to 10 images at a time. It’s probably way more flexible on PC

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

A bit of truth
https://twitter.com/icreatelife/status/1658148737271619584
I commissioned a piece from a goon and having to explain what I wanted without showing them my AI pics would have probably been a nightmare.

Here's a prompt for MJ I got from @nickfloats on Twitter that generates some cool horror stuff, even though it will often trip the auto mod and require a quick appeal: "50mm cinematic horror, darkcore [subject], Baltic violence tumblr --ar 16:9"

Beast Pussy
Nov 30, 2006

You are dark inside

tango alpha delta posted:

Stable Diffusion running locally on my iPhone gives me batches of up to 10 images at a time. It’s probably way more flexible on PC

Wait, I thought you had to have a high end Nvidia card to run it. Could I be using it on my Chromebook until I'm able to get my PC set up?

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

Beast Pussy posted:

Wait, I thought you had to have a high end Nvidia card to run it. Could I be using it on my Chromebook until I'm able to get my PC set up?

They are likely using a cloud provider and managing it from their phone. I don't think you can run it natively on an iPhone.

It defaults to like 1 but you can slide it as far as you want, the GUI crashes after around 255 but it will still keep making them even if you made the batch with the GUI instead of the command line just you're going to have to go to the command line and close it and restart it if you want the GUI again (I'm still using Automatic 1111 February or so last updated so maybe it's fixed)

There's batch size: how many images to actually make at once and uses more VRAM, number of batches, how many batches to do 1 after the other. Effectively the same but uses less VRAM and takes longer because you know you're starting a new batch. It's presented the same. For a gaming card you probably just want to stick with a batch size of 1. 4 512x512 images probably take 30 seconds on a 3070? Larger images you really want to be using SD 2.x not 1.5, 1.5 is built around 512x512 bad things happen if you stray too far.

and larger starts making it take a long time. I fit 768x768 is a good speed for 2.1-768 for me, like 40 seconds for 4 batches, and 1024x1024 is like 2-3 minutes and if I'm using SD I'm probably just going to be inpainting and up scaling. Remember you can upscale later with some trickery.

pixaal fucked around with this message at 19:28 on May 15, 2023

tango alpha delta
Sep 9, 2011

Ask me about my wealthy lifestyle and passive income! I love bragging about my wealth to my lessers! My opinions are more valid because I have more money than you! Stealing the fruits of the labor of the working class is okay, so long as you don't do it using crypto. More money = better than!

Beast Pussy posted:

I’m running Stable Diffusion locally on my iPhone.

The app is called Draw Things on the App Store, so I have no idea if there is an Android version. The only drawback is that my phone gets pretty hot.

lol, Stable Diffusion also runs locally just fine on my twelve year old i7 2600k with a five year old 1070 GTX Ti which is not exactly cutting edge.

tango alpha delta fucked around with this message at 20:48 on May 15, 2023

tango alpha delta
Sep 9, 2011

pixaal posted:

They are likely using a cloud provider and managing it from their phone. I don't think you can run it natively on an iPhone.

Im not using a cloud provider. I’m running a Stable Diffusion distribution called Draw Things locally on my iPhone. The Lora’s and checkpoints are also local so make sure you have enough storage space.

E: the more I think about this the more my mind is totally blown. Your iPhone is powerful enough to run a deep machine learning program. A goddamn phone. That’s crazy is what that is.

E: hey can we add this to the first post? The app is called Draw Things, it’s free on the App Store. You install it locally on your Mac, iPhone or iPad and install LORAs and checkpoints locally as well. Just make sure you have enough local storage for everything. Oh and it’s much slower than a high end desktop solution but hey it’s totally portable so there are going to be some trade offs.

tango alpha delta fucked around with this message at 21:10 on May 15, 2023

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

I wasn't aware anything was actually running locally on Apple, and reading it it looks like it's running a custom 2.1 model not base 2.1 (most of the time you want to run a custom model anyway). Either way if it's running that if it has the RAM it should be able to run any model.

There's nothing wrong with using whatever device, you want. For convenience I can add --share when I launch and then use any device in the world (or give it to someone else) and make images from my laptop. Stable Diffusion is powerful the more ways to use it the better. I'm very excited for AMD to get on board.

more highlighter sharpie things

KwegiboHB
Feb 2, 2004

nonconformist art brut
Negative prompt: amenable, compliant, docile, law-abiding, lawful, legal, legitimate, obedient, orderly, submissive, tractable
Steps: 32, Sampler: DPM++ 2M Karras, CFG scale: 11, Seed: 520244594, Size: 512x512, Model hash: 99fd5c4b6f, Model: seekArtMEGA_mega20

Beast Pussy posted:

Grids are your friend!
There are X/Y and X/Y/Z grids to test out many things at once. They are easy to setup with handy drop down menus.
As for workflow mostly I generate a batch size of 4 with low steps to find good candidate pictures I like for further upscaling. I haven't really gotten into the fancy img2img tweaking but that's how to make an image truly shine.
KakerMix's workflow write-up is still one of the best on the entire internet.

Dr Spangle posted:

goats-tea?

goat sea
Steps: 24, Sampler: Euler a, CFG scale: 3.0, Seed: 1, Size: 512x512, Model hash: 99fd5c4b6f, Model: seekArtMEGA_mega20, Script: X/Y/Z plot, X Type: Steps, X Values: "24, 36, 48", Y Type: CFG Scale, Y Values: "3, 7, 11", Z Type: Sampler, Z Values: "Euler a, DPM++ 2M Karras"

Doctor Zero
Sep 21, 2002

but it's still good.

Which diffuser should I run? Euler? Euler? Euler? Euler? Anyone? Euler?

tango alpha delta
Sep 9, 2011

Doctor Zero posted:

Which diffuser should I run? Euler? Euler? Euler? Euler? Anyone? Euler?

Euler with 20 steps is generally my favourite algorithm but you can also try DPM + SDE Karas with only 8 steps. PLMS? Needs 50 steps but you can watch how the algorithm builds the picture if you are running the stable diffusion web server locally on your pc.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

Each behaves a bit differently, Eula is fast and old, it makes ugly images. You get better looking images with less steps using newer ones. Nothing needs more than 20 steps if you like the image just rerun it with the same seed and more steps, if you have the A variant any more than like 20 and it doesn't matter it will just keep mutating into new images and never improving.

I generally use DDIM it's been a long time go to for most people replacing Eula.

I have been playing with UniPC a bit and it resolves different from everything else (like it you watch it live it looks more like a CRT turning from snow into the image instead of slowly building it's weird) I kind of think it might be really nice overall but I haven't even read anything about it only went ooo new item in drop down and played.

DPM Karras set have special uses and still popular.

oh and for animation like trying to make an image "walk" Eula A

pixaal fucked around with this message at 23:50 on May 15, 2023

Doctor Zero
Sep 21, 2002

but it's still good.

tango alpha delta posted:

Euler with 20 steps is generally my favourite algorithm but you can also try DPM + SDE Karas with only 8 steps. PLMS? Needs 50 steps but you can watch how the algorithm builds the picture if you are running the stable diffusion web server locally on your pc.

Woosh, right over your head.

I always wanted to do a comic like the Far Side so now with AI I can get rich and famous without even trying!

quote:

Me: create a far side comic, give me the caption and then describe the panel.

ChatGPT: Caption: "It's not easy being the 'Moooonwalk' Cow!"

Comic Panel Description: A group of cows are standing in a field. One of them is wearing a shiny glove and a fedora, and is attempting to walk backwards in the style of Michael Jackson's famous 'moonwalk' dance move. The other cows are watching with bemused and slightly annoyed expressions. In the background, there's a farmhouse with a surprised farmer watching from the window.

Me: huh. Can you analyze why that is funny?

ChatGPT: Sure! The humor in this comic strip derives from several sources:

1. **Absurdity**: Cows doing the moonwalk is absurd and unexpected, as it plays against our normal expectations of cow behavior. Cows are typically depicted as calm, slow, and rather dull creatures, so the idea of one attempting a dance move famously performed by Michael Jackson is comically incongruous.

2. **Anthropomorphism**: The cows are anthropomorphized, or given human-like qualities, which is a common technique in humor. The "moonwalk cow" is not just dancing, but wearing a glove and a fedora, two iconic elements of Michael Jackson's wardrobe. This further heightens the absurdity and the humor.

3. **Wordplay**: The caption plays on the term 'moonwalk', creating a pun that ties the visual joke together. "Moonwalk" references both the dance move and, in this context, a cow walking (since "moo" is the sound cows make). Wordplay can often add an extra layer of humor to a joke.

4. **Reactions of the characters**: The expressions of the other cows and the farmer add to the humor. The cows' bemusement and slight annoyance, as well as the surprised reaction of the farmer, provide a funny contrast to the dancing cow's behavior. This kind of reaction humor is common in Far Side comics, where the reactions of characters to absurd situations often provide the punchline.

So in summary, this comic is funny because it combines absurdity, anthropomorphism, wordplay, and reaction humor to create a humorous situation that is surprising and incongruous.

So, fellow goons, get ready for history in the making!

So I present to you, the inaugural comic strip - Le Si’de du Farre!

It’s not easy being the ‘Moooonwalk’ Cow!

:effort:

Doctor Zero fucked around with this message at 23:53 on May 15, 2023

Soulhunter
Dec 2, 2005

A sea of goats

Goats in the sea

A sea goat

A goat-sea elemental

Tubs of girls

Various lemon parties

Soulhunter fucked around with this message at 00:41 on May 16, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tango alpha delta
Sep 9, 2011

Doctor Zero posted:

Woosh, right over your head.

Lol, I’m very, very sorry that I didn’t respond the way you wanted. I’ll take this deep regret to my grave.

Oh and you don’t need an expensive rig to make AI pictures locally, you just need an iPhone with an A12 processor or better.

I give you “The Salesman”

tango alpha delta fucked around with this message at 00:20 on May 16, 2023