Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Steve Wiebe.
This poll is closed.
Steve Wiebe. 30 42.25%
Steve Wiebe. 41 57.75%
Total: 48 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?
Super mega baseball 4 comes out at the end of the month. 3 days of early access lol.

I wonder what improvements they've made since the "legends" stuff doesn't appeal to me all the much

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Volte
Oct 4, 2004

woosh woosh

Infinitum posted:

"If we just shave a DVD down, noone will be able to pirate our games" :hmmyes:
It's a standard mini CD/DVD size (remember the "business card CDs" gimmick?), but they did some weird poo poo to the tech to make dumping them a hassle and to add copy protection stuff. IIRC the discs were burned from the outside in, where standard DVDs are burned from the inside out.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

https://twitter.com/aitaikimochi/status/1657350804695818240

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

GOTY thread should be just this image, and then the threads locked

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

we shouldn't just assume that TotK will have the year's best fire penis construction mechanics

Silksong might still come out

Hwurmp fucked around with this message at 15:44 on May 13, 2023

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Having a lot of fun with Tears of the Kingdom. I gave into the hype and bought the game Thursday night, right after finishing the Xenoblade 3 DLC. I was thinking maybe I wouldn't enjoy the game, but its been a lot of fun to just explore and run around the gigantic gameworld. I'm usually not good at these type of games at all, and TotK has zero difficulty or accessibility options of any kind. Pre-ordered the hardcover guide because it looks really nice, and will be helpful for getting through the shrines.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Ganon's finished

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe
Man going directly from Psychonauts 1 to 2 is whiplash in terms of visual fidelity. drat.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

https://twitter.com/mamobot_art/status/1657420489029984260

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

BonoMan posted:

Man going directly from Psychonauts 1 to 2 is whiplash in terms of visual fidelity. drat.

Lol yeah the gap between the two in terms of when they released is pretty drat big

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

I’m pleased to report that darkest dungeon 2 is pretty good :)

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?

Jay Rust posted:

I’m pleased to report that darkest dungeon 2 is pretty good :)

I also like it!

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

I hate the metaprog but it's pretty fun otherwise.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

I assume multiple intelligence agencies have operatives monitoring this game at this point

https://twitter.com/AricToler/status/1657411064194007041?s=20

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

I assume multiple intelligence agencies have operatives monitoring this game at this point

https://twitter.com/AricToler/status/1657411064194007041?s=20

noah gervais has a great joke in his latest vid about being overly paranoid that a free cold war museum that requires a full background check to enter is the perfect honeypot trap specifically designed for someone like him, and i can't help but think the same way about war thunder

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Vermain posted:

noah gervais has a great joke in his latest vid about being overly paranoid that a free cold war museum that requires a full background check to enter is the perfect honeypot trap specifically designed for someone like him, and i can't help but think the same way about war thunder

lmao, i love that guy

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Goddamn the dd2 lair boss I encountered (giant fishman) seems impossible

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

TheWorldsaStage posted:

Kerrzhe you'll never get the Star Bird to drop this way

I GOT THA FUCKIN BIRD

BIRD BIRD BIRD BIRD BIRD

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Don’t you know about the bird?

Everybody knows that the bird is the word

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Kerrzhe posted:

I GOT THA FUCKIN BIRD

BIRD BIRD BIRD BIRD BIRD

gamer hell yeah

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

my co-op buddy and I opted into the For The King 2 closed beta and uh, wow. I look forward to what they're doing, but the multiplayer is a buggy mess lol. I was host and my buddy crashed multiple times and encountered numerous soft locks/issues. Our final attempt he crashed during a battle and the game soft locked me because I couldn't properly assign his character to my party to manage it.

Def looking forward to the game, but they def need some time to cook.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

i'm watching a korean streamer playing brood war custom maps and "Marine Special Forces: Maximum Of Osgiliath" was an option he scrolled by, and now i'm deeply curious what it looks like

man do i miss the days of endless weird WC3 customs

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

Kerrzhe posted:

I GOT THA FUCKIN BIRD

BIRD BIRD BIRD BIRD BIRD

gently caress right!

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
I miss playing a WC3 mao that the host edited themselves to give themselves something broken and everyone leaves

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Warcraft 3 map that's all of LotR taking place all at 9nce. In theory, if you ever had a full game and nobody left and anybody knew what to do. I'm sure the map creator put a lot of thought into it though

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Warcarft3 new tower defense hey it's just Pokemaul but even more broken

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Just really want Warcraft 4 hey, WoW existing sorta prevents it from happening due to the faction war slowly being made irrelevant.

That said a War4 with Alliance+Horde as one combined faction vs whatever the new opposition is would be good.

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

Khanstant posted:

Warcraft 3 map that's all of LotR taking place all at 9nce. In theory, if you ever had a full game and nobody left and anybody knew what to do. I'm sure the map creator put a lot of thought into it though

You could get pretty close to the end playing it solo. You had to make Frodo a computer because if that slots empty you automatically lose, and if Frodo is the only player you also automatically lose, even though control of characters is shared when a player leaves or a slot is left open. And yeah, it was pretty good.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Kerrzhe posted:

I GOT THA FUCKIN BIRD

BIRD BIRD BIRD BIRD BIRD

Hell yeah, I'm jealous

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Khanstant posted:

one of my strongest memories of WC3 customs was playing one that was the mines of moria + the big orc aragorn kills in the movies after boromir is wounded, and the only way to actually win was to buy, generously, somewhere around 500 stat tomes, one at a time, from the shopkeep

you had infinite gold by that time so it was literally just me and a friend sitting there for upwards of 5 minutes grinding our tome hotkeys to dust

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
I always got stuck as riders of Rohan or something idgaf about and then we'd have a leaver cascade. Never thought to try it solo. If I could fake multiplayer one map it would be Burbenog's TD. It's a great TD of having to share resources and towers to succeed, but one dingus can really gently caress it up. Like if they build out of area to pick off kills, choking out another player will eventually bite you in the rear end. Even just completely wiping your own spawns or first run can create an imbalance that ruins the game to fail eventually. Finding 3 other people good enough to stick it to the end was rare and I'd be curious to see if so could solo it, but it doesn't work that way.

Also they deleted Warcraft 3 anyway

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Warcraft 3 custom games spawn a whole genre of games with moba.

Roblox seems like where the kids are making custom poo poo these days. Has Roblox made any game mode good enough to be spun off into its own game and company?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Roblox doesn't allow its creators that much freedom

It's a terrible company

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

i assume roblox's ToS has aggressive "we legally own every last ounce of creative output you put on our platform" clauses that became standard post-blizzard beefing it with DotA, but i also presume that, like blizzard, they're too bloated and corrupt to actually appreciate what a good breakout title might look like enough to take it under their wing and foster it

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

unturned is pretty big still and that was, one of the most popular guys on roblox tired of getting ripped off and deciding to remake one of his games in unity

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Waffleman_ posted:

Roblox doesn't allow its creators that much freedom

It's a terrible company

Yup
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_gXlauRB1EQ

Kids make the games, company steals the money

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Khanstant posted:

Warcraft 3 custom games spawn a whole genre of games with moba.

Roblox seems like where the kids are making custom poo poo these days. Has Roblox made any game mode good enough to be spun off into its own game and company?

The thing that is weird about Roblox to me; I have never even once seen or heard of any games made on it. No one is talking about anything made with it as some sort of must play incredible game. Where like Warcraft III, like you mentioned it spawned MOBA. Even before League of Legends, if you hadn't played Warcraft III, you at least heard of Defense of the Ancients anyways if you spent any time on gaming forums. Roblox is so weird to me, it is apparently massively popular, but I don't know a single thing about it or anyone who plays it.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

I said come in! posted:

The thing that is weird about Roblox to me; I have never even once seen or heard of any games made on it. No one is talking about anything made with it as some sort of must play incredible game.
people are 100% talking about games on roblox you just arent 10 years old

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

the thing that is weird about paw patrol to me: nobody is talking about it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Infinitum posted:

Yup
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_gXlauRB1EQ

Kids make the games, company steals the money

Fortnite stays winning