Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: MokBa)

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

veni veni veni posted:

I threw some fruit in a bucket and this magic horse came out and highlighted all sorts of points of interest for me and tbh I don't love it. It seems useful but I am not a huge fan of having this big gamey light pillars invading my view in every direction. I wish they just showed up on the scope vision like the pins, or maybe even not at all since I like finding things on my own.

They're temporal at least if that helps.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
Those will fade in an in-game day or so

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
Holy poo poo I discovered the depths

TOTK makes BOTW look like dog poo poo.

Hawkperson
Jun 20, 2003

(#) 152 shrines are you making GBS threads me?! Jfc

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

YggiDee posted:

Those will fade in an in-game day or so

GiantRockFromSpace posted:

They're temporal at least if that helps.

Oh ok, I'm fine with that then. Was wondering if that might be the case. Was just sort of worried that the whole game was going to look like that all the time.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Best Buy seriously hosed up.
I ordered one Majora's Mask Link and one TOTK Link amiibos.
They sent me two of the first and THREE of the second.

Guess I'm gonna turn a healthy profit!

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

Wittgen posted:

I'm at the water temple and would appreciate a hint if someone has one to spare. I'm stuck on what to do about this thing that is spinning super rapidly at the top of a tower. I have tried a bunch of stuff, but I don't even know what the goal is. Get a bubble into the opening? Slow it down? Get in there myself? A semblance of an endpoint would do a lot to help me construct the solution.

shot at is core inside, I worked for me after like 9 arrows. theres a hit activated totem inside. it lowers the water level

Tei fucked around with this message at 21:26 on May 13, 2023

Ogmius815
Aug 25, 2005
centrism is a hell of a drug

One interesting things about this game is that I have no idea how to beat it. Like, after the tutorial in Breath of the Wild I knew I could win the game by going to the big scary castle to fight Ganon and everything else I did was just for the purpose of being strong enough to win the fight. 15-20 hours into TotK and I still have no goddamn idea what is going on.

magiccarpet
Jan 3, 2005

Dear Nintendo please patch to allow us to switch controls

Wittgen
Oct 13, 2012

We have decided to decline your offer of a butt kicking.

Tei posted:

shot has is core inside, I worked for me after like 9 arrows. theres a hit activated totem inside. it lowers the water level

I tried shooting arrows and even used a couple bomb flowers, so I figured that wasn't it. Thanks, I would have spun my wheels for a long time without that.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat

Rageaholic posted:

Just seeing rain for the first time. Is there still lightning that can electrocute you if you have an electric weapon out like in BotW? I remember that being a pretty nice touch in that game.

Yeah I was fighting with a tree by setting it on fire but the rain started and extinguished the flames so I started throwing hoes and rakes at it and got lightning to fall on it

Pretty proud of myself

gently caress them trees

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

magiccarpet posted:

Dear Nintendo please patch to allow us to switch controls

Not letting people remap controls should be against the law.

Ogmius815
Aug 25, 2005
centrism is a hell of a drug

Can’t you remap all controls from the Switch system menu or whas that a fever dream I had?

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

Ogmius815 posted:

Can’t you remap all controls from the Switch system menu or whas that a fever dream I had?

You can, but that messes with every other game.

magiccarpet
Jan 3, 2005

GiantRockFromSpace posted:

You can, but that messes with every other game.

Oh awesome! I had no idea.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I like how I just decided to jump in a random hole in the ground and found a power and a side quest just sitting there

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

You can but it's really poorly implemented imo. Changes everything on a system level and you'll see the wrong prompts.

Whimsicalfuckery
Sep 6, 2011

Just once I would like to stop whistling for my horse and alerting all the bokoblins instead of fusing poo poo to my arrows

wheew eew eew.. eew

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Has anyone found the classic Tunic (from the amiibo in BOTW)? I want to B-line it just to have my classic Link look because I'm a basic bitch.

Someone said all of those are in the depths so I'm wondering if I should just spend a lot of time down there trying to find it.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.
Did they take out the shield parry mechanic, or have I just lost my BotW muscle memory? I’ve tried it a few times and gotten hit for my troubles.

Also, man, it is really jarring coming from a game as accommodating as Jedi Survivor right into this. No, you can’t rebind the controls. No, captions stay on. No, that’s what color the pins are. We are Nintendo. Feel fortunate we let you turn off motion aiming.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
Shield parry is still even, there's even a little tutorial that reminds you how sidestep/backflip/parry work, might have been in a shrine

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

CapnAndy posted:

Did they take out the shield parry mechanic, or have I just lost my BotW muscle memory?

It's still there, part of the tutorial shows you how to do it.

frogbs
May 5, 2004
Well well well
Where the gently caress is the second shrine in this bitch

Edit: I can see one but it’s in a cold area and can’t see any other ones. I’ve been walking around this dumb sky island forever :-(

I feel like the navigability of the starter area is way worse than BOTW. All the different tiers and things in the distance that you can’t actually get to makes it feel frustrating.

frogbs fucked around with this message at 21:57 on May 13, 2023

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

CapnAndy posted:

Did they take out the shield parry mechanic, or have I just lost my BotW muscle memory? I’ve tried it a few times and gotten hit for my troubles.

Also, man, it is really jarring coming from a game as accommodating as Jedi Survivor right into this. No, you can’t rebind the controls. No, captions stay on. No, that’s what color the pins are. We are Nintendo. Feel fortunate we let you turn off motion aiming.

Are you trying to do it with the block button maybe? You parry with A.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

sigher posted:

It's still there, part of the tutorial shows you how to do it.

There's a shrine specifically for shield parrying but in classic BOTW fashion it's up to you to run into it and find it.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
Man, the caves are so good

They feel very cavey

Like, instead of feeling like they were built for humans to move around in, the caves feel like they were natural formations, twisty, confusing, hostile to human traversal

I seriously started thinking about YouTube’s about cave explorers who died, thinking well of course they died, how can a human safely navigate this

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

I gotta go back to the Starter Hell and grab a minecart for shield surfing. or finding more bombs and see how tall I go.

Also I found a really good Zonai shield, what are the best Zonia stuff to put on one that's not a flamethrower that ruins durability?

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
https://twitter.com/morningmoonmeme/status/1657351456952025088?t=bHd1tyxEjmUfThYSpvq4iA&s=19

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

I'm doing the fire temple on four hearts and haaaah is this a bad idea.

They really did fix every small complaint with BotW. Enemy variety and dungeons are insane. Can't believe how rad the build up to the Fire Temple was.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

CatstropheWaitress posted:

I'm doing the fire temple on four hearts and haaaah is this a bad idea.

They really did fix every small complaint with BotW. Enemy variety and dungeons are insane. Can't believe how rad the build up to the Fire Temple was.

I got there too and noped the gently caress out after a few minutes in the temple proper lol. All the poes collected on the way there was enough.

I'm planning on going counterclock wise to activate all the towers, turn on every shrine I see, then when the towers are done I bang out all the shrines I found and become buff.

https://twitter.com/rindoggydog/status/1657220862532108289?t=qwGmJJOyLRCd1mD2WhnXEA&s=19

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat
I think starting off by visiting all the shrines you can see is going to be a big quality of life improvement, having a few extra hearts and extra stamina to hang glide from the towers is a big plus

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat
https://twitter.com/childhoodfren/status/1656570930095874049?s=46&t=Kzmv5HsyFqNWsBcA-dIRLA

So much serial killer behavior being unlocked

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

I've been exploring the Depths all day, my god this game rules

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Big depths moment, climbing a wall in pitch black using two yellow stamina foods to get up only to discover the curling because you are at the goddamn edge of the map, nowhere left to go lol

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012
Can you make a light up weapon/shield by fusing it with one of the 'brightness' items?

Yestermoment
Jul 27, 2007

Was enjoying the scenery during a wistful revisiting of Great Plateau when I noticed something that wasn't there during BotW...

A walking tree body slamming me to death

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Can I get up the tower at lookout landing to unlock the map?

Verdugo
Jan 5, 2009

Lipstick Apathy

YggiDee posted:

Shield parry is still even, there's even a little tutorial that reminds you how sidestep/backflip/parry work, might have been in a shrine

It's in the shrine north of the first town.

Wolf link is gone but I got a bunch of meat for scanning the amiibo. Even random amiibos give you something (scanned some animal crossing cards and got some random power ups). Plus you can ultrahand the chest afterwards (but.no fusion that I can tell).

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold

veni veni veni posted:

Can I get up the tower at lookout landing to unlock the map?

Do your quests.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kart Barfunkel
Nov 10, 2009

Is Zelda older than Purah? I’m a little fuzzy on the details but was she frozen like Link was?