Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: MokBa)

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

frogbs posted:

I feel like the navigability of the starter area is way worse than BOTW. All the different tiers and things in the distance that you can’t actually get to makes it feel frustrating.

I agree, I thought the Plateau was a way better tutorial area.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fifteen of Many
Feb 23, 2006

veni veni veni posted:

Can I get up the tower at lookout landing to unlock the map?

To add to what the poster above said, after you visit the castle gatehouse for the main quest towers are the next unlock.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

snoremac posted:

Ascend is such a simple and amazing ability that it must have taken so much effort to design the game around without it being a sequence breaking monster.

https://twitter.com/Bruceski1/status/1657495871754473472

I'm beginning to see the Matrix. That came out of frustration when I broke another box halfway through trying to figure the "legit" method.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Kart Barfunkel posted:

Is Zelda older than Purah? I’m a little fuzzy on the details but was she frozen like Link was?

zelda was trapped but conscious inside of calamity ganon for a hundred years, purah went through a botched youth-preservation experiment

zelda's gotten the rawest deal of all the protagonists in this continuity, link gets to do all the fun stuff while she's stuck with all the horrors

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug

I love this game

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Rageaholic posted:

Just seeing rain for the first time. Is there still lightning that can electrocute you if you have an electric weapon out like in BotW? I remember that being a pretty nice touch in that game.

Yep! Your metal weapons start sparking just like in the last game as well.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
Slightly annoyed that every time you use ascend, it requires an extra button push to come out of the ground, but on the other hand I laugh every time because Link looks so funny peeking out of a hole like Punxsutawney Phil

Fifteen of Many
Feb 23, 2006
I found that really helpful believe it or not, I’ve popped up in the middle of enemy camps and been like “mmmmmmmmm no”

E: vvv yes exactly this lol

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Steve Yun posted:

Slightly annoyed that every time you use ascend, it requires an extra button push to come out of the ground, but on the other hand I laugh every time because Link looks so funny peeking out of a hole like Punxsutawney Phil

I understand the purpose of it, because I once ascended right in front of a like like and went “sorry, wrong floor” before diving back down

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Ascend is just a ridiculously cool power. Honestly the one I'm least impressed by is Rewind and that isn't because it is bad, just kind of average

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

ImpAtom posted:

Ascend is just a ridiculously cool power. Honestly the one I'm least impressed by is Rewind and that isn't because it is bad, just kind of average

It is really cool to get into the stratosphere anywhere a ruin fell though.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
I'm glad lightning works the same as botw so I can't get surprised
https://twitter.com/morningmoonmeme/status/1657181761120653313?t=KcSeRzTCbntvOkepdkebvA&s=19

junan_paalla
Dec 29, 2009

Seriously, do drugs

ImpAtom posted:

Rewind is rad because it can turn any item you can stand on and manipulate with the ultra hand into an elevator

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
:aaa:

I didn’t know you could go back down with Ascend

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Steve Yun posted:

:aaa:

I didn’t know you could go back down with Ascend

To be clear for other folks reading this, just canceling an ascension before you pop out.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

Holy poo poo. I found the coolest armor piece. Was down below in the Depths way down under the Gerudo Region, found a buried colisseum with a ominous cursed chest in the middle. After a gauntlet of like 5 rounds of various colors of Horroblin (up to Silver! They go even higher than Black now!!) my reward was a Sheik mask complete with the hairstyle. I was just grinning like crazy to find that.

Edit: Okay I guess it was in BotW too as an amiibo thing but I never really knew about it or didn't keep up with the mountain of amiibo bonus stuff. I guess that's a fun confirmation that you can find that old amiibo exclusive stuff out in the wild in this game?

YoshiOfYellow fucked around with this message at 23:13 on May 13, 2023

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

Video Games > The Legend of Zelda: Link's Magic Hand Makes Glue

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

YoshiOfYellow posted:

Edit: Okay I guess it was in BotW too as an amiibo thing but I never really knew about it or didn't keep up with the mountain of amiibo bonus stuff. I guess that's a fun confirmation that you can find that old amiibo exclusive stuff out in the wild in this game?

Yep

Wittgen
Oct 13, 2012

We have decided to decline your offer of a butt kicking.
Beat water temple and I have to say, I am a little confused by the boss design choices. If having sources of water is going to be so important, why make your team up attack the only source of water provided by the arena? If they had just left the bubble emitters on, you could use your hand powers to meaningfully help yourself in the fight.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

I stuck a piece of meat to a stick to create the Eat Arby's Meat Stick.

Goty no question.

Mr. Baps
Apr 16, 2008

Yo ho?

Bruceski posted:

I'm beginning to see the Matrix. That came out of frustration when I broke another box halfway through trying to figure the "legit" method.

that is the a legit method lol

they expect you to use the powers

e: just felt like a real fuckin clown realizing that I could've done that puzzle with half as much effort using recall

Mr. Baps fucked around with this message at 23:27 on May 13, 2023

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
Wait can you do recall multiple times on a stone? You're standing on a stone, it goes up a ways, then times out. Just do another recall as you start to fall?

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I'm doing Rito first and got to the dungeon. I'm shocked that the ascent wasn't the dungeon lol.

GOTY for real.

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

Inzombiac posted:

I'm doing Rito first and got to the dungeon. I'm shocked that the ascent wasn't the dungeon lol.

GOTY for real.

That bossfight, along with the music made me realize how good this game is

Regarding afterwards: Has anyone gotten 4 Sage's Will and upgraded your connection to your party? I'm like 50 hours in and still only have 2 of them

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
I've gotten four and it's just upgrading 1 of em at a time

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

Khanstant posted:

I've gotten four and it's just upgrading 1 of em at a time

What's the upgrade?

Slowpoke!
Feb 12, 2008

ANIME IS FOR ADULTS

SirPablo posted:

Wait can you do recall multiple times on a stone? You're standing on a stone, it goes up a ways, then times out. Just do another recall as you start to fall?

I think you have to wait for your Energy Cell to recharge. You can increase your cell capacity, so I assume those Sky Islands are gated by how many cells you have.

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!
What's the strategy for fighting Like Likes? I'm fighting one that shoots boulders at me.

Edit: Figured out a pattern. It shoots the boulders in 3's. I reversed the boulder, which fazed it, and then I shot its tongue with fire arrows.

Nihonniboku fucked around with this message at 23:37 on May 13, 2023

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

Nihonniboku posted:

What's the strategy for fighting Like Likes? I'm fighting one that shoots boulders at me.

Recall them back

Ethics_Gradient
May 5, 2015

Common misconception that; that fun is relaxing. If it is, you're not doing it right.

frogbs posted:

Where the gently caress is the second shrine in this bitch

Edit: I can see one but it’s in a cold area and can’t see any other ones. I’ve been walking around this dumb sky island forever :-(

I feel like the navigability of the starter area is way worse than BOTW. All the different tiers and things in the distance that you can’t actually get to makes it feel frustrating.

I was also getting frustrated, until:

MorningMoon posted:

I got there too and noped the gently caress out after a few minutes in the temple proper lol. All the poes collected on the way there was enough.

I'm planning on going counterclock wise to activate all the towers, turn on every shrine I see, then when the towers are done I bang out all the shrines I found and become buff.

https://twitter.com/rindoggydog/status/1657220862532108289?t=qwGmJJOyLRCd1mD2WhnXEA&s=19

oh my god

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

Generally I get closer, shoot at the core and rush in. The boulder one wants a bomb first.

Also remembered something I wanted to ask about strong materials: I found a diamond in a shrine and hot drat the attack. Does it make weapons fragile though? And what happens if I put it on a magic rod...?

Fifteen of Many
Feb 23, 2006
Man that makes a lot more sense than me throwing a mushroom at them and then hitting their core with a bomb arrow when they go to eat it

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

Is the refinery on the tutorial Island the only one?

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

RandolphCarter posted:

Is the refinery on the tutorial Island the only one?

The one that gives you more energy? Yeah I think so

Fifteen of Many
Feb 23, 2006
There’s one right outside Lookout Landing, on a rock formation to the right if you exit towards the castle (the one two guards are looking up at). There’s a steward up there.

E: unless I’m a big idiot and that’s not the same thing???

MokBa
Jun 8, 2006

If you see something suspicious, bomb it!

This game!! I’m not reading very many spoilers in the thread but I cannot believe the amount of content in it just from a cursory glance. I can feel my mind and body rotting away in neglect as I become Link. Hyrule is reality and the real world is some bullshit we put up with between sessions.

Just want to thank everyone for being really great with the spoiler tags. I’d recommend always putting context to it just so readers can know if it’s something they might have seen or want to read. Makes going through the thread a lot easier.

Also I’m looking for a new thread title. This one was created in sheer excitement of the night it came out, but it sucks. Post or quote your suggestions! Right now I’m leaning towards “my roommate crucified a korok”.

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

Barreft posted:

The one that gives you more energy? Yeah I think so

Yeah that’s what I meant. Bummer

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

https://twitter.com/twelfthouse/status/1657379770752208896?s=61&t=fWsm-upldseXptBaVlet9Q

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

RandolphCarter posted:

Yeah that’s what I meant. Bummer

Why a bummer? its a quick fast travel

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

I need to develop a universal pattern for a signpost holder because buddy what the gently caress are you doing