Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

YeahTubaMike posted:

I'm thirsty as hell

Aren’t we all

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!
I bought a boat recently.
It has a radio. I haven't had tons of time with it yet, but it appears that there is no way to switch between folders when I plug a USB stick in to it, so I have a USB stick with close to 900 songs on it separated by genera like reggae, rock, hip hop etc... But if I want to listen to a specific song instead of switching between folders I have to hit the button like 469 times or whatever the gently caress.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
I'm left-handed so I'm used to pushing my pen across the page.

I just bought a cheapo new pen and its so insanely smooth that its actually difficult to write with it because now I'm pushing against nothing and my letters are sliding all over the place.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
Got a new Pixel 6a phone. Works great. Save for the loving fingerprint scanner is on the front, and no matter how many times I do it, I can't get my fingerprint to register if there is a screen protector on. No protector, no problem.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
That kind of poo poo is why I don't use fingerprint scanners, I use the pattern swipe thing. Not as secure, sure, but it doesn't give a rats rear end about screen protectors.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Cowslips Warren posted:

Got a new Pixel 6a phone. Works great. Save for the loving fingerprint scanner is on the front, and no matter how many times I do it, I can't get my fingerprint to register if there is a screen protector on. No protector, no problem.

There should be a sensitive screen option in the settings. It's meant to help with screen protectors

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Malachite_Dragon posted:

That kind of poo poo is why I don't use fingerprint scanners, I use the pattern swipe thing. Not as secure, sure, but it doesn't give a rats rear end about screen protectors.

Don't use fingerprint scanners. Cops can unlock your phone without your consent.
Use a unique pattern or code.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord

Inzombiac posted:

Don't use fingerprint scanners. Cops can unlock your phone without your consent.
Use a unique pattern or code.

Yeah, fingerprint is significantly less secure for a number of reasons

Waste of Breath
Dec 30, 2021

I only know🧠 one1️⃣ thing🪨: I😡 want😤 to 🔪kill☠️… 😈Chaos😱… I need🥵 to. [TIME⏰ TO DIE☠️]
:same:

Cowslips Warren posted:

There are specific screen protectors that work with the pixels front fingerprint scanner. the one I got was called Whitestone dome glass and came with a torture rack for applying the protector and a uv light to cure the resin. Pain in the rear end to apply.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer

Mu Zeta posted:

There should be a sensitive screen option in the settings. It's meant to help with screen protectors

I tried this yesterday, no dice.

It's just annoying but yeah the fingerprint thing is open for abuse via cop.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Huh, did not know that re: the fingerprint scanners. I feel even more justified in not using it then.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

Fingerprint scanners are also how Batman identified the Joker in The Dark Knight!

I still have no idea how that scene works

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

I still have no idea how The Dark Knight's entire plot works let alone that scene

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
Have a favorite running buddy with whom I've been trying to meet up all week, and we've had to cancel plans at the last minute twice in that time (once for lovely air quality, once because she hosed up her ankle) :(

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
After almost two months (with perhaps a day in between) my friend finally has time for us to rpg tonight but I have absolutely no loving urge to play. Maybe it's the fact I've been put on the backburner when she had time to run her other two games. She started tonight with some "amazing cute ideas in my head!!!" which make no loving sense at all unless you are rpging a drat romcom. A worldly well-experienced prince is not going to ask for loving love advice from a dude he barely knows, let alone the fact said prince has no love interest at all.

I mean we did play tonight but I had to reread the past few pages to remember what we were doing. Which kinda put a damper on the night.

And of course because I didn't expect her to be on, I started painting but it's so loving hot I can barely do one dirty pour without sweating so bad I almost drop the cups.

edit: poo poo, no wonder I've had a bad day, period is on its way. Being female sucks.

Cowslips Warren has a new favorite as of 07:46 on Jun 24, 2023

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow
Two-factor authentication is a bitch to work with when your smartphone is out of commission and email isn't an option

Atticus_1354
Dec 10, 2006

barkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbark

Star Man posted:

Two-factor authentication is a bitch to work with when your smartphone is out of commission and email isn't an option

It's also a bitch when you live at places with poor cell reception. I love having to drag my cellphone and laptop outside and hope they both have good service so I can do some stupid bullshit.

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow

Atticus_1354 posted:

It's also a bitch when you live at places with poor cell reception. I love having to drag my cellphone and laptop outside and hope they both have good service so I can do some stupid bullshit.

What sucks is my phone took water damage from a bad rainstorm while it was in my pocket. I was at a soccer match and had nowhere to go. It also happened the night before I flew home to Wyoming for a week. I didn't notice the damage until I was in the airport. The screen's been flickering in and out and is almost completely unusable outside of a few moments of repeated reboots. I think the LED is going out, because buttons are still responsive. No one was open on 3 July, and odds were the only cell phone repair place in town didn't have parts, so flying back to Pittsburgh on 9 July and taking it somewhere the following Monday is going to be faster. I had to get paper tickets for my flight back, but that was at least a simple ask at the check-in station.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
Cell phones should be waterproof by now, for gently caress's sake. And we should have Internet coverage everywhere.

As I get older, and my child-bearing years hopefully start to fade, sometimes part of me regrets not having kids. And then I see someone on Facebook where "OMG my kid is gonna be the death of me!" posts where preschoolers/first graders? are caught in insane poses on top of loving playhouses, or eating literal crayons so their teeth are covered in wax, or using Sharpies to cover their skin with drawings, and all I can think is....did I luck out with the four kids I nannied for, where they were fine not being loving hovered over all the time? Are all these pics loving posed? I know kids can get into some drat insane poo poo, but if your four year old is literally eating markers and stamps to the point she swallows them, is that normal?

Of course I don't post anything because I don't have kids, but is that standard with most kids? Did the kids I nannied for just not do that poo poo because I wasn't doing other poo poo, like working from home or answering emails, but was more or less watching them? I could trust the four year old not to color on her sister without standing right over her. I could trust the six year old not to eat paint.

I love kids. I loved helping to raise those four and see what people they became. I hate the child-free screamers who call kids horrible names. But then I see poo poo like that and it just makes me think I am so loving glad I don't have kids, because I'd say or do something that would gently caress them up all because I was sick of cleaning up Sharpie from the walls.

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no

Cowslips Warren posted:

I know kids can get into some drat insane poo poo, but if your four year old is literally eating markers and stamps to the point she swallows them, is that normal?
Once or twice? Eh. Habitually? No.

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

you shouldn't let your kids into your loving playhouse imo

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
Spent an hour last night setting up my mom's new work computer. Just some tiny mini PC thing, but the monitor power cord didn't work. And since they didn't want us to set up, we had no time to get a replacement.

But that's okay, I took the day off today to make sure poo poo ran smoothly and help her with the setup. Cue sitting through loving Zoom Get To Know You meeting for an hour just off camera range, and then watching the stupid minute long setup vids, and then everyone got to chime in with the IT issues: somone's monitor was broken and screen cracked. Another person's keyboard didn't work. But oh hey, since my mom and the other two weren't new hires, they were transfers, why, they didn't need new setups at all! We can put her old setup back up!

But then because this is Day One of new training, everything else goes to poo poo too. We get her computer back up, all things are good until lunch time. Oh, but they don't get a lunch today! So now everyone is also upset that they only get 15 minute breaks twice because not everyone is set up. There's two IT guys for 12 people.

Six loving hours in and they want my mom to swap to her new PC. We get that done. But it won't log her in. And despite me asking her if she had a way to contact anyone if the new PC doesn't work, she has none. So after 30 minutes of email bullshit (because my mom never likes to delete emails and has about two dozen saved with !!!! marks) we put the old one back in, and now that doesn't log in.

Looks like the three transfers are having issues nonstop because no one in the higher ups realized hey, they can literally use the same systems from before, they don't need more poo poo shipped out. IT has been working with my mom and the other transfers for the past few hours: old passwords are valid and then aren't, and then new sign-ins are invalid and then good, and then everything gets a password lock because of too many attempts.

No wonder this training is going to take six loving weeks when one day is spent just getting people's accounts active.

edit: to add, computer got up to working standard yesterday. Whee. And then today mom isn't happy how she can't just reach between the monitors to turn off the desktop, she has to STAND UP and move around to the side of the table to turn it off! And she doesn't like how the cords look and are all tangled looking, so can I please fix them? Also, why are the cords so tight now? They didn't used to be! Everything worked fine before and now everything is ruined and she hates her job and wants to quit, and I listened to six hours of this on Wednesday. At this point I don't know if I will be relieved when she retires or dread it because now she literally will have nothing to do all day.

Cowslips Warren has a new favorite as of 00:58 on Aug 5, 2023

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
I was shooting the poo poo with my brother and at one point in the conversation he goes "Oh yeah I saw a guy on the internet the other day who had an interesting viewpoint on this ..... I think his name was Peter Jordanson or something?"

My brother is a Jorp fan
:negative:

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
You should call him peter jordanson from now on because at some point it WILL piss him off

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
On Tuesday, I was fiddling with a Lego set. A small piece popped off, I heard it clack against the plastic back support of my chair, and I haven’t seen it since after three evenings crawling around on the floor with a flashlight.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Good: I've found how those five times father-hosed cricket bastards are getting into the apartment.
Bad: it's through a gap in the frame of my bedroom window, that the owners have been kicking the can down the road on replacing for close to a decade now. Which is right by my headboard when I'm in bed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ypzfsySqhxo

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

Malachite_Dragon posted:

five times father-hosed cricket bastards

If this isn't the new thread title and soon I'm going to do a mass goatseing of this thread and maybe others.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

Malachite_Dragon posted:

Good: I've found how those five times father-hosed cricket bastards are getting into the apartment.
Bad: it's through a gap in the frame of my bedroom window, that the owners have been kicking the can down the road on replacing for close to a decade now. Which is right by my headboard when I'm in bed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ypzfsySqhxo

Can't you just put duct tape over that hole?

Ichabod Sexbeast
Dec 5, 2011

Giving 'em the old razzle-dazzle

Malachite_Dragon posted:

five times father-hosed cricket bastards

I think they prefer to be called Australians

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

cant cook creole bream posted:

Can't you just put duct tape over that hole?
We have, but that doesn't do anything about the horde that have already moved in! The tape that was over it before peeled away in the turbo humidity we've been having in the last week; it's not a permanent solution. The window needs replacing, full stop.

Malachite_Dragon has a new favorite as of 06:39 on Sep 16, 2023

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Dr Christmas posted:

On Tuesday, I was fiddling with a Lego set. A small piece popped off, I heard it clack against the plastic back support of my chair, and I haven’t seen it since after three evenings crawling around on the floor with a flashlight.

god poo poo like this is weird. It'll turn up 3 years later in a box in the attic

HelloIAmYourHeart
Dec 29, 2008
Fallen Rib

Ambassadorofsodomy posted:

If this isn't the new thread title and soon I'm going to do a mass goatseing of this thread and maybe others.

You can just request a thread title change, you don't actually have to threaten anyone.

Also, is anyone perturbed by goatse anymore?

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

HelloIAmYourHeart posted:

You can just request a thread title change, you don't actually have to threaten anyone.

Also, is anyone perturbed by goatse anymore?

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope
Monday is my "ordering in because everything sucks and that makes everything suck less" day but it's raining very hard so I have to make my own food or get takeout. :smith:

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Good news: The five times father-hosed cricket bastards have been stymied! We're pretty sure we found the right extra holes in my windowframe to putty over in addition to the gap we already knew about because two of the little fuckers decided right then to crawl up into the room as we were applying it.

Bad news: Apparently my niece's room also has an ingress for the chirping menace :shepface: They were apparently not trying nearly as hard to get in through her window as they were through mine, though, what the gently caress???

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
Visiting family and we sit here from like 5am to noon waiting for them to wake up. It’s past jet lag it’s just these motherfuckers sleep so late.

And a few days ago we just hosed off on our own and my cousin texts me all upset like « omg are you upset you left before we got up »

Yeah motherfucker we went to the drat beach at dawn for our vacation instead of sitting in an apartment for a million hours maybe learn to wake the gently caress up if you want to hang, cousin

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

They’re French OP

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
Summer vacation is wasted on children and retirement is wasted on older children, and both groups cannot understand that if you're not part of those groups, you don't get vacation and don't get to be retired. So you can't answer such important questions as, how is your day going, do you like this cute cat picture of your cat I said, oh my God I misspelled her name in it lolol.

You are retired, do something that you always want to do but couldn't because you had to work! Also, please don't complain you didn't get enough sleep last night, because you watched six episodes of Gray's anatomy instead of five, literally you can do nothing but sleep all day if that's what you choose to do!

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

Cowslips Warren posted:

You are retired, do something that you always want to do but couldn't because you had to work! Also, please don't complain you didn't get enough sleep last night, because you watched six episodes of Gray's anatomy instead of five, literally you can do nothing but sleep all day if that's what you choose to do!

It's so they can say "must be nice" when you tell them you almost managed to sleep a full six hours

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DicktheCat
Feb 15, 2011

I have 2 mini computers for watching things on the tv and light emulation.

One of them has an issue where its fan will just go psycho berserk sometimes and full blast until it arbitrarily doesn't. There's nothing really wrong with it- it functions just fine and I've been told by my techie pal that the issue is with some kind of internal check for HP proprietary parts on the model or something.

It's just enough to annoy me, but not enough for me to endure the hassle of fixing or replacing the fucker.

I've been given poo poo about the thing by my friends who ask why I don't just do a smart tv, but you're not going to get emulation on a tv or adblock, at least not without a big hassle.