Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Charles Martel
Mar 7, 2007

"The Hero of the Age..."

The hero of all ages

syntaxfunction posted:

My problem with Gamepass is I keep getting overwhelmed and having decision paralysis with how many games are on it I want to play.

Yessir. I have that problem with all of the games I bought too. I keep buying games on sale but either actually boot up free-to-play titles or games that are on the verge of shutdown so oh poo poo better play them while I can.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neco
Mar 13, 2005

listen

I said come in! posted:

Been playing games on Xbox Game Cloud, I wanted to see what all of the fuss about that has got the U.K. upset about gaming fairness. It's not a bad experience at all, the caveat is that i'm on fiber optic in Seattle, and using ethernet. So of course it is a smooth experience. You can absolutely tell it's streaming, but it still looks really good and is fully playable assuming you have the setup to make it work. I imagine that anything less is unplayable.

As I keep saying, I don‘t even have an xbox and have been playing hundreds of hours on cloud already (using wifi no less) and it‘s usually perfectly fine! It‘s not like a few fractions of a second of delay make a difference while playing with a loving gamepad.

Scuba Trooper
Feb 25, 2006

Ethernet will always have a leg up but I play x cloud on my fuckin phone and it’s great 95% of the time

Hell some games don’t deserve installs, but I’ll happily stream them with no space lost

strategery
Apr 21, 2004
I come to you baring a gift. Its in my diper and its not a toaster.

Charles Martel posted:

Yessir. I have that problem with all of the games I bought too. I keep buying games on sale but either actually boot up free-to-play titles or games that are on the verge of shutdown so oh poo poo better play them while I can.

This is why I track every game I buy and beat. To pressure myself to actually play the games I have. In 2023, I've spent around 30 bucks total and have beaten around 24 games.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

Scuba Trooper posted:

Ethernet will always have a leg up but I play x cloud on my fuckin phone and it’s great 95% of the time

Hell some games don’t deserve installs, but I’ll happily stream them with no space lost

X cloud rules and I've played over janky hotel WiFi and it worked great even.

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

I tried cloud streaming while I lived in a regional place that only had fixed wireless internet and it worked well. Wasn’t amazing visually but it was playable and I was using wifi so it was basically magic.

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010
Apparently we (Australia) have terrible internet but like half the time I play games outside of the handful I have installed it is through cloud gaming. There's little hiccups sometimes, but not often enough to put me off. It works great.

If I know I'm gonna play the hell out of a game I'll install it, but otherwise I just cloud stream most of the games I play. It's nice.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Neco posted:

As I keep saying, I don‘t even have an xbox and have been playing hundreds of hours on cloud already (using wifi no less) and it‘s usually perfectly fine! It‘s not like a few fractions of a second of delay make a difference while playing with a loving gamepad.

That is crazy to me that Xbox Cloud Gaming is that good! I just assumed my experience was probably a huge exception because of my internet speeds.

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010
Oh yeah, I use wifi and everything as well. I guess if you're playing a competitive shooter it might be an issue but at that point why would you be in that situation?

For any other game cloud gaming is so good. I've been playing a bunch of No Man's Sky again because come on, I don't even install it. Just hit the button and go.

MJBuddy
Sep 22, 2008

Now I do not know whether I was then a head coach dreaming I was a Saints fan, or whether I am now a Saints fan, dreaming I am a head coach.
I've used streaming here and there for quick checkin on like MLB, but last summer had a long session playing dragon quest builders with my son on a laptop with wifi speeds at an airbnb and it was basically the best I could imagine that going.

SilkyP
Jul 21, 2004

The Boo-Box

Steaming sucks for me unfortunately
It sounds handy though

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
the main uses I have for streaming is trying out stuff that i don't want to spend my data cap on. idk about playing an entire game with it

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

It is disgusting that there are data caps at all. The gamers plight is never over

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

I always wear my wedding ring. It's my trademark.

I have "unlimited" data but after 750GB usage during peak time per month, they throttle my internet speed during peak times, which makes it not unlimited at all. Sounds like a scam.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
I have unlimited data and fibre to my building which is quite blessed overall.

I would think that by the time streaming games becomes a nice experience without too many technical hurdles in the way that data will be freer flowing as well.

This being said I have tested out some game streaming on my current internet and it was not good enough to make me want to play on. Probably fine for some games but anything action based is no good.

The Illusive Man
Mar 27, 2008

~savior of yoomanity~

Feels Villeneuve posted:

the main uses I have for streaming is trying out stuff that i don't want to spend my data cap on. idk about playing an entire game with it

This is the correct answer OP

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

https://twitter.com/verge/status/1658119281576378370?s=20

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
xboxit

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

glad I backed the green

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
tories seething at another epic EU win

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

This will only hasten Scotland's independence and entry into the EU imo

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
i think it is time for Joe Biden to declare the UK a rogue state and cut all diplomatic ties

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

this will reunite the 32 counties

ErrEff
Feb 13, 2012

https://www.reuters.com/article/activision-ma-microsoft-eu-britain-idUSL8N37C59W

quote:

“While we recognise and respect that the European Commission is entitled to take a different view, the CMA stands by its decision,” the Competition and Markets Authority CEO Sarah Cardell said in a statement.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

In the next COD Price is going to launch another nuke while saying "this action specifically reflects on England as a nation"

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

CuddleCryptid posted:

In the next COD Price is going to launch another nuke while saying "this action specifically reflects on England as a nation"

"This warcrime I am committing was sanctioned by 10 downing, parliament AND HRH King Charles III"

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

the UK are setting up checkpoints at the border to stop Belfast gamers playing Sekiro, and that's just sad

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

priznat posted:

"This warcrime I am committing was sanctioned by 10 downing, parliament AND HRH King Charles III"

Deepfaked video of Charles III: "Price I want you to nuke those civilians and Parliment agrees with me. Also all those things they said about me are true."

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Soap shoots Price in the back "I do this for a free Scotland! FREEEEDOM!"

Wiltsghost
Mar 27, 2011

CMA with an immediate twitter thread about how the EU is wrong. Very strange.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Wiltsghost posted:

CMA with an immediate twitter thread about how the EU is wrong. Very strange.

Cope More Alliance

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

"Perhaps we are in the wrong?"

"No, it is the EU (and all the other places that have approved the deal) who are wrong"

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

the uk is fail and they deserve to be obliterated

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Cope More Alliance
Thius

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!
Brazil greenlighted this ages ago. That's all I needed.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Cope More Alliance

this

Space Jam
Jul 22, 2008

https://twitter.com/daftlimmy/status/1653389421104844803?s=46&t=HzuyD228mj33ynefhJ3ovg

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

Cope More Alliance

Lmao not an empty quote.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

The sun is setting on the phony British Empire. They didn't even have a cool-looking contiguous map like the Romans or the Mongols. Fakes and charlatans all.