Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fondue
Jul 14, 2002

fondue posted:

It's a bustle.

Safety Dance posted:

In the hellworld it's probably a thinking and feeling creature acting as a bustle under threat of death.

You're not wrong and I really hope he doesn't read this thread and get any ideas.

Powered Descent posted:

Fortunately it doesn't seem to be in a hedgerow. (That would be alarming.)

Meh, it's just a spring clean for the May Queen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?
Oh no, Jules needs the old Lines Of Action tutorials and to watch some good old cartoons. Just terrible, both panels 2 and 4.

gently caress YEAH FUTABA WRECK 'EM.

drat Miss Haru is trained to kill huh.

I am also loving the Mud Mountain Murphy redemption arc, perhaps he really can be the best character in Rex Morgan again.

readingatwork
Jan 8, 2009

Hello Fatty!

Fun Shoe
Crabgrass

This is a legitimately good strategy imo.

Peanuts Through the Ages (Oct 16-17, 1950)

And that's it for 1950. Next we're jumping ahead to November of 1951.

Calvin and Hobbes (Jun 6-7, 1993)

Same, tbh.

Big Nate

Posted today's yesterday so here's both.

Dunce

yes but are you looking forward to it?

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

The problem isn't that Calvin isn't smart, but that he's probably too smart for his own good.

Also, the last panel of that second C&H would make a great emote/emphasis picture for the forums.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
That would immediately get driven into the ground by dumbfucks using it as a defense for their stupid poo poo what got them probated.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

F_Shit_Fitzgerald posted:

The problem isn't that Calvin isn't smart, but that he's probably too smart for his own good.

No, he's clearly drawn as having no impulse control or self discipline that would allow him to actually apply himself.

quote:

Also, the last panel of that second C&H would make a great emote/emphasis picture for the forums.

Second to last is better.

Kid Fenris
Jan 22, 2004

If someone is reading this...
I must have failed.

Leave that cute cyborg couple alone, you mean drunk.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

readingatwork posted:

Crabgrass

When done for tipping it's textbook abuse, not sure that changes with a kid.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Murdstone posted:

Rex Morgan MD

YAY

FINALLY

Vox Valentine
May 31, 2013

Solving all of life's problems through enhanced casting of Occam's Razor. Reward yourself with an imaginary chalice.

Super Lesbian Animal Wedding RPG

catlord
Mar 22, 2009

What's on your mind, Axa?

So, is Coney Spritle and the actual human Chim-Chim? I've been watching Speed Racer recently, it's weird because I last watched it when I was really young so I don't really remember it but I'm also realising how deeply ingrained it must have been in my subconscious 'cause specific scenes keep jumping out at me.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic

Bruceski posted:

When done for tipping it's textbook abuse, not sure that changes with a kid.

Kids don't depend on presents to be able to pay rent, for one

Strontium
Aug 28, 2009

Dexter didn't much care for the party.
Daddy Daze

Take It From the Tinkersons

Macanudo

Dark Side of the Horse

riderchop
Aug 10, 2010

av by @daikonquest!
Heathcliff

Compu-toon

Garfield

Overboard

Monty

For Better or For Worse

Classic Arlo and Janis (June 10, 2001)

Rae The Doe, which you can support by pledging to the author's Patreon

On The Fastrack

No Safe Havens on Sundays!

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Pondus :rms:

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

readingatwork posted:

Crabgrass

Take it from someone who have studied this: It is not.

Medenmath
Jan 18, 2003

riderchop posted:

For Better or For Worse

Please keep things like birth certificates in a better location than jammed in a box in the basement jumbled up with random keepsakes.

Prince Valiant

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Oh so you think you're better than me? It's go time!

Weembles
Apr 19, 2004

Alhazred posted:

Take it from someone who have studied this: It is not.

But it's a great strategy if you want your kids to put you in a crooked nursing home when you're old.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
There are other sorts of nursing homes?

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Huh, how long has it been since the US Acres cast appeared in anything?

manero
Jan 30, 2006

Nancy 1943

Pluggers

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

I wonder how cruise companies look upon artists who change the entire theme and content of their show one night in.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

manero posted:

Pluggers

Mercury poisoning would explain a lot about Pluggers.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

My Lovely Horse posted:

I wonder how cruise companies look upon artists who change the entire theme and content of their show one night in.

too busy staying locked in their cabins with food poisoning or COVID

Professor Wayne
Aug 27, 2008

So, Harvey, what became of the giant penny?

They actually let him keep it.
Pickles

Hagar the Horrible

Zits

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Rhymes with Orange

Get Fuzzy 5/13/03

Brenda Starr 12/21-23/50

Smokey Stover 8/18/54

Everyday Movies 5/29/36

"Tomorrow's a holiday, so which shall I do, Mopey -- shave and wear my old shirt, or not shave and wear my clean shirt?"

Invisible Scarlet O'Neil 6/19-21/41

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.
Mom's day shenanigans get top tier today. Also, Sally Forth verifies that Ces and Jim get the current AI experience. To a certain point, anyway.

Peanuts (May 16, 1976)

Mutts

Crankshaft

Rip Haywire and the Curse of Tangaroa!

Popeye

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.

Selachian posted:

Invisible Scarlet O'Neil 6/19-21/41

The action that goes unconveyed between panels 3 and 4 is really quite astounding. Also, don't lie to me strip, Gasper's dead or dying with a cracked skull.

amigolupus
Aug 25, 2017

Medenmath posted:

Please keep things like birth certificates in a better location than jammed in a box in the basement jumbled up with random keepsakes.

Didn't their basement just get flooded like a week or two ago? They're lucky Elizabeth's birth certificate isn't a soggy mess right now.

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?
drat Scarlet don't mess around. Also 100% odds that trunk slams shut, traps her and takes her to the next story arc or something.

Jucika "15 - Jucika in the Enchanted Castle" (or "Fun House.")

"16 - Jucika on Margaret Island."

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!
Breaking Cat News

Phoebe and Her Unicorn

Wallace the Brave

Heart of the City

Curtis

Mercury Hat
May 28, 2006

SharkTales!
Woo-oo!

Mr. Squishy posted:

The action that goes unconveyed between panels 3 and 4 is really quite astounding. Also, don't lie to me strip, Gasper's dead or dying with a cracked skull.

I was about to be annoyed by the flat tire contrivance until Scarlet brained a man with a solid piece of metal with zero hesitation.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender
1980 comics

This is a Saturday so we'll be moving to a new story arc next week, at long last.

Born 30 years too soon.

Dick Tracy

Footrot Flats

The Lockhorns?

Someone at arcamax hosed up. Tiger's not even one of the other comics they carry!
CK doesn't have the Sunday one up either, so enjoy squinting at this one I took from Washington Post:

Computoon: Origins

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
Into Ilves

Nancy

Dustin

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

Junk Drawer

Hempuli
Nov 16, 2011

Fingerpori

X:n tähdittämä Y = (thing) Y starred by (person) X, literally "X who added stars to Y" or so
As far as I know, there isn't a Finnish equivalent for the phrase "film X starring person Y", i.e. so that it's the film doing the starring instead of the person starring the film. Usually Finnish doesn't use the term "to star" anyway AFAIK; it's more common to use phrases like "in leading roles persons X, Y & Z" ("päärooleissa X, Y & Z").
Tommi Korpela is a Finnish long-time actor; looking at his filmography I'm not sure if there are any that'd ring a bell outside Finland, but then again I'm not a big film person to begin with.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tommi_Korpela
Suomi24 is an old website similar to various board-/chan-type sites; it has discussion on various topics and so on, and it's notorious for hosting some extremely bad discourse. I remember hanging out there for a bit as a kid and I don't relish the memories. Someone who has visited the site more recently than 20 years ago can probably give a more accurate description.

No ANSU tonight either because I need to scan more.

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

Bizarro

The Family Circus

Slylock Fox

FoxTrot

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

oh I was going to suggest not leaving them in unguarded crates labeled copper wiring next to the methadone clinic but yeah sure, burying them is a good idea too

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vox Valentine
May 31, 2013

Solving all of life's problems through enhanced casting of Occam's Razor. Reward yourself with an imaginary chalice.

Thicker Wife: Is Blessing Or Curse?