Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

I think you need a certain number of weapons, which equalled all of them in the original, but the remake adds bonus weapons that bring you up to that number of weapons without having to get all the original weapons. :shrug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

turtleface posted:

You need them all but you don't need to fully upgrade them like (I think) you used to.

No, that was one of the things that was a low point gamerscore or something that was there solely to troll anyone trying to do it.

Cavia had a history of making meaningless high difficulty achievements like that with a minimal reward.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Agents are GO! posted:

I think you need a certain number of weapons, which equalled all of them in the original, but the remake adds bonus weapons that bring you up to that number of weapons without having to get all the original weapons. :shrug:

You’re mixing up two things from the remake I think.

There is a trophy for maxing out “all weapons” in Replicant but you can cheese it by maxing out some bonus DLC weapons that have easier requirements because it actually just means max out whatever the number of weapons in the game is minus the DLC ones.

Edit: removed wrong info about ending trigger

History Comes Inside! fucked around with this message at 21:39 on Apr 10, 2023

Boogalo
Jul 8, 2012

Meep Meep

You did not need to upgrade all weapons in original. Possesing them was enough. Upgrading was only for cheevo.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Boogalo posted:

You did not need to upgrade all weapons in original. Possesing them was enough. Upgrading was only for cheevo.

Speaking of, didn't they make the farming worse? On the x360 it was literally "change the system clock" if you wanted to do it in a reasonable time.

Boogalo
Jul 8, 2012

Meep Meep

pentyne posted:

Speaking of, didn't they make the farming worse? On the x360 it was literally "change the system clock" if you wanted to do it in a reasonable time.

I did time travel on the pc version just fine with the bonus that you didn't have to close the whole game every time. just save, change time, load save. Added up all the time to get the farming achievement and it was nearly two months :negative:

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

it took me so long to cultivate that loving FloWeR

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Boogalo posted:

Yeah I am misremembering that too, my bad

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

History Comes Inside! posted:

You’re mixing up two things from the remake I think.

There is a trophy for maxing out “all weapons” in Replicant but you can cheese it by maxing out some bonus DLC weapons that have easier requirements because it actually just means max out whatever the number of weapons in the game is minus the DLC ones.

Edit: removed wrong info about ending trigger

You're most likely correct, thanks!

Beefstew
Oct 30, 2010

I told you that story so I could tell you this one...
The way the PS4's clock works does in fact make the farming even harder. Basically it recognizes hour changes, but not day changes. I somehow managed to luck out and grow two lunar tears in a single run, though, which has astronomically low odds.

Organza Quiz
Nov 7, 2009

Dabir posted:

Did y'all miss that they're talking about Replicant, not Automata

Guilty as charged, whoops!

I do still think it's worth it for Replicant as well though, but maybe with a little break in between? There is significant new content still.

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

The anime was way better than I expected though it's mostly 9S and 2B walking around level setpieces and talking over what would be constant combat in the game. Good how they give a lot of character to Lily and Jackass and Pascal and such. Even better how they drop references (and straight up scenes) to Nier. Hope it comes back.

Beefstew
Oct 30, 2010

I've been enjoying the anime's weirdness more than I expected. Though I do worry that some folks will just be like, "oh, I'll just watch the anime instead of playing the game and get the story that way." It really isn't a good substitute for the game, the story simply does not work as well in any other medium. It's best as bonus content for folks who have already played.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Beefstew posted:

I've been enjoying the anime's weirdness more than I expected. Though I do worry that some folks will just be like, "oh, I'll just watch the anime instead of playing the game and get the story that way." It really isn't a good substitute for the game, the story simply does not work as well in any other medium. It's best as bonus content for folks who have already played.

I think it could get worse than that. The Lily switchup makes me think that the anime is going to eventually hit some big meta weirdness playing off the game. But we're too early on to see anything beyond the base level for that.

Beefstew
Oct 30, 2010

chiasaur11 posted:

I think it could get worse than that. The Lily switchup makes me think that the anime is going to eventually hit some big meta weirdness playing off the game. But we're too early on to see anything beyond the base level for that.
Yeah ideally it will not go the 7R route of fellating itself while presenting you with the dumbest and worst poo poo ever.
Remember when adaptations could have differences from the source material because the creators thought they'd work better for whatever reason, and not for cheap shock value and badly planned metanarrative and multiverse crap that's infested modern media?

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
I’m sorry the game did not make its story to your very lame standards I guess

It’s funny that the FF7 remake makes the lamest people so mad tho

take boat
Jul 8, 2006
boat: TAKEN

CornHolio posted:

So I beat Replicant last week, and then beat it again to get the B ending (which I think was worth it). I love the game but don't know if I really want to go through it a third time... is there anything of value in endings C-E?

I played on PC and found a save game to immediately start on the new E content. I liked E but not enough to get it the real way

Edit: whoops, that was from a month ago

Beefstew
Oct 30, 2010

CharlestheHammer posted:

I'm sorry you like a bad game directed by a pedophile
so many weirdos leap to take bullets for Nomura and Toriyama that it's actually loving disturbing. like the world's most pathetic cult

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Beefstew fucked around with this message at 11:03 on May 14, 2023

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

where did that other dog come from

who is he

is there something I'm unaware of about Nomura? Because horny over anime girls = pedo is an interesting position to take in the Yoko Taro thread

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Yeah wtf. FF7R in particular is a wild game to be making that sort of statement/accusation about.

Beefstew
Oct 30, 2010

Party Boat posted:

is there something I'm unaware of about Nomura? Because horny over anime girls = pedo is an interesting position to take in the Yoko Taro thread

This is 3rd Birthday, the weird awful rapey Parasite Eve sequel. The ideas for its clothing damage mechanic came from Nomura. The character is a 7 year old child transplanted into an adult-ish body. The game was directed by Motomu Toriyama.
Both of them directed FF7R.

https://web.archive.org/web/20100830194633/http://www.andriasang.com/e/blog/2010/06/30/tetsuya_nomura_3rd_birthday/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jtQuslTG9yg

more details of their dumbfuckery can be found here

Beefstew fucked around with this message at 11:16 on May 14, 2023

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
instead i would simply not dedicate my life to fuming in impotent rage about the existence of a video game

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Beefstew posted:

so many weirdos leap to take bullets for Nomura and Toriyama that it's actually loving disturbing. like the world's most pathetic cult

So would you be fine if it was a good game made by a pedophile.

Because if you think he’s a pedophile the game doesn’t seem terribly important

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

I’m fine with pedophila but pedophila and meta narratives is where I draw the line isn’t the own you think it is

Beefstew
Oct 30, 2010

I'm saying that it's not something worthy of trying to righteously defend its merit, as you so valiantly rode in to do after a single innocuous comment, you loving troglodyte. And it's even weirder that you continue to do so.

btw I'm not accusing you of being a pedo, I'm accusing you of being a moron

Beefstew fucked around with this message at 11:47 on May 14, 2023

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

who is he

I'm pretty sure that this guy's maths is off but I refuse to a) sincerely argue about an anime character's age or b) learn anything about Parasite Eve 3 so I concede, I guess

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

Can't believe a Yoko Taro property would have a metanarrative

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

who is he

guys I looked it up and 2B and 9S are 2-3 years old in automata. fortunately it's a good game made by a pedophile so I think we're in the clear

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Beefstew posted:

I'm saying that it's not something worthy of trying to righteously defend its merit, as you so valiantly rode in to do after a single innocuous comment, you loving troglodyte. And it's even weirder that you continue to do so.

btw I'm not accusing you of being a pedo, I'm accusing you of being a moron

I know what your doing, you don’t like a game so your using an accusation you think is an argument ender to prove your point, when it’s actually irrelevant to your point.

It just makes you look like a creep

Mode 7
Jul 28, 2007

Beefstew posted:

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

This is a weird overreaction to someone liking a game that you do not, and although you clarified that you weren't calling CharlestheHammer a pedo it would be better if you didn't make posts that require that sort of clarification in the first place.
Would appreciate the thread moving on from this weird discussion.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

you’re thinking about how much you want to **** Cloud Strife, aren’t you?

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iUtH3EoCRMg&t=32s

NieR is prepared for all twists and turns in its goofy rear end thread

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Shinjobi posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iUtH3EoCRMg&t=32s

NieR is prepared for all twists and turns in its goofy rear end thread

I would be willing to bet that many people’s first experience with the franchise was stumbling across this moment on youtube.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Chucky Hams posted:

The rare correct Chucky Hams post. That reminds me, I need to play intergrade.

Edit: Holy poo poo lol I should've kept reading.

Agents are GO! fucked around with this message at 17:43 on May 14, 2023

Gnome de plume
Sep 5, 2006

Hell.
Fucking.
Yes.
This is how I learned Yok was making a mobile game about Sega taking over the world

https://twitter.com/AdamBryceThomas/status/1658212289919741954?s=20

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Sonic Frontier was already half way to being a Nier game

some bust on that guy
Jan 21, 2006

This avatar was paid for by the Silent Majority.
So when are we ever getting a Nier Part 3? How can there be no word of one in the past 6 years? It was successful...

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Hell, I’d probably take a Drakengard 4 at this point

As for Nier there was that mobile game a while back but I’m not sure if that really counts

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Larryb posted:

Hell, I’d probably take a Drakengard 4 at this point

As for Nier there was that mobile game a while back but I’m not sure if that really counts

I hope it didn't turn into Nier 3, I bounced before I could finish the main story

I would not hate "drakengard 1, but fun to play" tbh. There's 23 years of Musou and derivative game experience to steal from, let's do it. hell, just do a remake, i don't care

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Ainsley McTree posted:

I hope it didn't turn into Nier 3, I bounced before I could finish the main story

I would not hate "drakengard 1, but fun to play" tbh. There's 23 years of Musou and derivative game experience to steal from, let's do it. hell, just do a remake, i don't care

I seem to recall 3 being better than the other two in terms of gameplay at least but it’s been a while since I’ve touched it