Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Horace Kinch posted:

The Thing is a worse Hulk with a shittier catchphrase.

I, too, enjoy waking up and saying the most wrong thing possible. :smuggo:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Suleman
Sep 4, 2011

Horace Kinch posted:

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Long way from Hulk Smash Street

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

Tag yourself, I'm the shoulder fart.

Tsilkani
Jul 28, 2013

Horace Kinch posted:

Tag yourself, I'm the shoulder fart.

You certainly are.

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

Kill Billion Demons gets a lot of love in this thread so here's a small bit from another good webcomic: Ten Earth Shattering Blows

Context: Our heroes are caught in a Mad-Max style chase but with lizards and carts instead of post-apocalyptic hotrods. Joy, a very strong and angry woman, is doing what she does best: killing desert weirdos.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG
awwww yeah

MH Knights
Aug 4, 2007

Horace Kinch posted:

Kill Billion Demons gets a lot of love in this thread so here's a small bit from another good webcomic: Ten Earth Shattering Blows

Context: Our heroes are caught in a Mad-Max style chase but with lizards and carts instead of post-apocalyptic hotrods. Joy, a very strong and angry woman, is doing what she does best: killing desert weirdos.

A very strong and angry woman killing bandits with a two handed axe? And she has red-ish hair pulled back into a pony tail? That is totally my Skyrim character.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Horace Kinch posted:

Ok, hawkeye

Vanderdeath
Oct 1, 2005

I will confess,
I love this cultured hell that tests my youth.

Horace Kinch posted:

Get a load of this guy; wouldn't make it a day on Yancy Street.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

Horace Kinch posted:

The Thing is a worse Hulk with five shittier catchphrases.

Fixed, apparently.

Gnome de plume
Sep 5, 2006

Hell.
Fucking.
Yes.

The lizard didn't deserve that

Squidster
Oct 7, 2008

✋😢Life's just better with Ominous Gloves🤗🧤
This thread needs some Sakamoto Days.

The setup: a renegade faction of assassins has started a massacre at an office building owned by the Japanese Assassins Association. Gaku, a murderous rear end in a top hat with a sweet hammer, has the bad luck of pissing off the last of the old guard.

-- A lil' later --

Quill
Jan 19, 2004
“Beware of an old man in a profession where men usually die young.”

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Squidster posted:

This thread needs some Sakamoto Days.

This is about where the artist took the reins off and embraced being fully sick.
There was a massive step up in the art and composition.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Vanderdeath posted:

Get a load of this guy; wouldn't make it a day on Yancy Street.

What's the current status quo for the Yancy Street Gang? At one point I think it was revealed to be Johnny doing the pranks under their name.

LordSaturn
Aug 12, 2007

sadly unfunny

this move is straight out of the 2003 Zatoichi remake, which makes me wonder if it's common in old samurai movies

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
Ghost Rider #12:

By the way, just a heads up if you don't read forum announcements, apparently imgur is gonna start wiping images that aren't associated with registered user account from there on 5/15 so a bunch of stuff might start disappearing from here. If you're a regular reader and/or uploader to these threads, you should probably make an account there before posting more poo poo here

Squidster
Oct 7, 2008

✋😢Life's just better with Ominous Gloves🤗🧤
One of my favourite Sakamoto Days sequences, between an aging assassin devoured by her own bloodlust, and Osaragi, an assassin enforcer / gothic murder prodigy.

Sakomoto Days #97

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Heads up, imgur is pulling a lot of stuff down soon

Snackmar
Feb 23, 2005

I'M PROGRAMMED TO LOVE THIS CHOCOLATY CAKE... MY CIRCUITS LIGHT UP FOR THAT FUDGY ICING.

Horace Kinch posted:

I love the art, but I can't seem to figure out how to actually buy a copy of Ten Earth Shattering Blows

Dav
Nov 6, 2009

Snackmar posted:

I love the art, but I can't seem to figure out how to actually buy a copy of Ten Earth Shattering Blows

There was a Kickstarter: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/nuclearpasta/ten-earth-shattering-blows-tome-one/description

I don’t know if there’s a way to get one at the moment though.

biosterous
Feb 23, 2013

thank you for this, binged it, love it

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Having a good time reading Isekai Apocalypse MYNOGHRA

So the standard trope is that the protag gets transported into another world/game with an OP skill - and those are a dime a thousand yawns at this point
Mynoghra has the protag get transported into their civilisation builder/strategy game, and is doing building up an evil aligned civilisation (Which is pretty fun on it's own right watching them develop a base from scratch rather than be OP from the start)

I like Overlord as well, but Ainz Ooal Gown is an absolute Gary Sue. So it's fun to read an evil character in a similar situation, but is a lot more enjoyable to read because not every situation ends with Ainz Ooal Gown Was Just Too Insanely Powerful

However the REALLY cool unique thing this manga does, and this is a bit of a spoiler if you want to read, is that it just wasn't other people who have been isekai'd into the world into the same game system, but DIFFERENT game systems have been brought across from different genres.

So what happens when your evil aligned strategy game hero unit meets the Demon King's army from a J-RPG?

(First 2 are spoilers for peeps who want to avoid that, as it's a fun twist.)
Chapter 17

Fun, great art, enjoyable charcters, right amount of comedy, does some very interesting things with the standard isekai tropes, and it does the Evil Aligned Character really well - rather than be an out and out ruthless murderer

People should give it a read

Edit: :lol: oh poo poo it gets WAY better, I've posted the wrong bad rear end panels

Infinitum fucked around with this message at 09:02 on Apr 26, 2023

primaltrash
Feb 11, 2008

(Thought-ful Croak)
Does anyone have the pages where Conan travels back in time to convince a sorcerer to become a warrior instead and promises to train him? I could have sworn it was in this thread, but haven't been able to dig it up.

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005
It might have been in touching or heartwarming panels?

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

MillennialVulcan posted:

Does anyone have the pages where Conan travels back in time to convince a sorcerer to become a warrior instead and promises to train him? I could have sworn it was in this thread, but haven't been able to dig it up.

bottom page of the touching and heartwarming thread.

primaltrash
Feb 11, 2008

(Thought-ful Croak)

Not where I expected to find Conan, but also fair. Thank you both!

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Dandadan loving rules.

Context: Planet's dying & enslaved. They're trying to get off it and come across a slave encampment near the teleporter.

(Right to Left)

Dandadan - Chapter 105

Gorgeous artwork, amazing battles, and then the chapter decides to rip your soul at the end.

Go read - https://mangaplus.shueisha.co.jp/titles/100171

Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Have tearful reunion with your son
-->Eh
Fun Shoe
Dandadan is ridiculously good right now. The last 5 or so issues has been basically Band of Brothers but they’re all old ladies (Gang of Grannies?) and it rules.

UwUnabomber
Sep 9, 2012

Pubes dreaded out so hoes call me Chris Barnes. I don't wear a condom at the pig farm.

Star Wars Tales- Fortune, Fate, and the Natural History of the Sarlacc

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

https://twitter.com/gncgalactus/status/1657564786974945282

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
an all-timer. hate to give a fascist props but i still love creel making GBS threads his pants in that last panel

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

It's like Stone Cold Steve Austin got shrunk in the wash.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Puck has been in at least 200 comics :colbert:

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?

Lobok posted:

It's like Stone Cold Steve Austin got shrunk in the wash.

Stone Cold ain't got poo poo on Puck.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Is that Immortal Hulk?

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.

Infinitum posted:

Is that Immortal Hulk?

No that’s Puck and Crusher Creel

yes

Sinatrapod
Sep 24, 2007

The "Latin" is too dangerous, my queen!
I really want a Puck + Hellboy crossover series now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StumblyWumbly
Sep 12, 2007

Batmanticore!
The line: "In Spain I fought bulls and fascists, and I let the bulls live." Is an absolute work of art. I want that stitched on a throw pillow on my couch.