Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

My Spirit Otter posted:

pedant answer: you cant be racist against a religion. They arent being racist, theyre being bigoted.

Anti-semitism is more complicated than religious bigotry, it's also rooted in a lot of ethnic and racial history. It's possible to be an atheist Jew, and anti-semites will still hate you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sankis
Mar 8, 2004

But I remember the fella who told me. Big lad. Arms as thick as oak trees, a stunning collection of scars, nice eye patch. A REAL therapist he was. Er wait. Maybe it was rapist?

My Spirit Otter posted:

pedant answer: you cant be racist against a religion. They arent being racist, theyre being bigoted.

I'm assuming you're a child and that's why you said this. It's the exact kind of stupid bullshit I'd have said as a teen when I knew nothing but had a vague recollection of reading a dictionary once and wanted to sound smart

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that the frog post was real racist.

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!
So how about that musk guy huh? He seems silly

Kingo Ligma
Aug 24, 2019

Ask me about calling people racist because I failed geography.

Lol no tick

My Spirit Otter
Jun 15, 2006

CANADA DOESN'T GET PENS LIKE THIS

SKILCRAFT KREW Reppin' Quality Blind Made American Products. Bitch.

Sankis posted:

I'm assuming you're a child and that's why you said this. It's the exact kind of stupid bullshit I'd have said as a teen when I knew nothing but had a vague recollection of reading a dictionary once and wanted to sound smart

Are you loving stupid? I didnt say being a bigot was a good thing. If you discriminiate someone based on the colour of their skin thats racism, if you discriminate them for any other arbitrary reason its bigotry. Both equally bad but not the same loving thing. Racism is a specific form of bigotry, goddamn

My Spirit Otter fucked around with this message at 12:23 on May 14, 2023

Treecko
Apr 23, 2008

The Official Demon Girl
Boss of 2022!
Sometimes they go hand-in-hand

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

My Spirit Otter posted:

Are you loving stupid? I didnt say being a bigot was a good thing. If you discriminiate someone based on the colour of their skin thats racism, if you discriminate them for any other arbitrary reason its bigotry. Both equally bad but not the same loving thing. Racism is a specific form of bigotry, goddamn

You really, really do not understand anti-semitism.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

The post you were replying to said

Comfy Fleece Sweater posted:

Also serious question what's this about separating "racist" and "anti-semitic", isn't someone "with anti-semitic views" er, a racist?

I just saw a Yahoo article that mentioned "Trump invites far right speakers to Mar-A-Lago, some of whom espouse anti-semitic views". You mean racists, right, Yahoo

"The Jewish people" is an ethnic concept. It's not just a religion.

It must be very confusing for people to hear the Nazis killed 6 mllion Jews because they were "racist", surely they were just picking on them because of their religion? Why didn't they just all convert??

also you "discriminate against" someone, you don't "discriminate" them

Decon
Nov 22, 2015

My Spirit Otter posted:

Are you loving stupid? I didnt say being a bigot was a good thing. If you discriminiate someone based on the colour of their skin thats racism, if you discriminate them for any other arbitrary reason its bigotry. Both equally bad but not the same loving thing.

Racism is generally also used to describe hatred and/or discrimination based on ethnic group, so anti-Semitism and anti-Latino bigotry are generally grouped under the racism umbrella.

Additionally, some skin color based bigotry isn't racism, but colorism when it's primarily internal to an ethnic/racial group. Black Americans struggle with it, and much of Asia has been catching flak for skin lightening products being peddled everywhere.

My Spirit Otter
Jun 15, 2006

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

You really, really do not understand anti-semitism.

This aint champagne, bud, you dont have to come from a specific region in israel to be hated for being jewish

Treecko
Apr 23, 2008

The Official Demon Girl
Boss of 2022!
I can't be racist, one of my best friends in a non practicing jew

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

Dear Elon thread:

Did your brain fall out of your head?

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013
I can't do this

My Spirit Otter
Jun 15, 2006

Treecko posted:

I can't be racist, one of my best friends in a non practicing jew

Reading my post, ignoring what it said and then applying your own meaning is a wild strategy.

RDM
Apr 6, 2009

I LOVE FINLAND AND ESPECIALLY FINLAND'S MILITARY ALLIANCES, GOOGLE FINLAND WORLD WAR 2 FOR MORE INFORMATION SLAVA UKRANI
Pendant answer: you can't be racist against people, they're being ethnicist. Racism is when you discriminate against race cars.

Abongination
Aug 18, 2010

Life, it's the shit that happens while you're waiting for moments that never come.
Pillbug
Haha that would sickkk

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Not a Dickman, just a shape
I'm Gunna lock this thread for a couple days, or untill Elong does something dumb, so god knows how long honestly

In Gunna be very real,

I got some hectic life poo poo going now so If I forget to unlock it just DM me and I'll zip in. Failing that DM another Mod

Edit: upon conference, the lock was in error, please knock off this tedious derail

Jestery fucked around with this message at 13:49 on May 14, 2023

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.
We're back fyi

Teratrain
Aug 23, 2007
Waiting for Godot
Elon bad

armpit_enjoyer
Jan 25, 2023

my god. it's full of posts

Seth Pecksniff posted:

We're back fyi

but what was the stupid thing he did this time

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

He actually sucks and the fact you refuse to use that word speaks volumes about you

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Oh god the thread close for two hours and than suddenly everything's changed. What is this cursed new world we've suddenly found ourselves!

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

Is Elon still bad? JFC

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

armpit_enjoyer posted:

but what was the stupid thing he did this time

He’s a singularity of stupid, so the answer to your question is “Yes.”

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
I'm still lollin that he finally managed to find someone perfectly awful, but somewhat professional, to take over as CEO, and announced that they would only be a fall guy and he still intended to run everything, and the blue checks are still losing their poo poo because she failed the impurity test.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Seth Pecksniff posted:

We're back fyi

The long national nightmare is over

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

steinrokkan posted:

The long national nightmare is over

FINALLY!

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

"Mathman's not here." "Oh? Where is he?" "He's in the Mathroom."

smellmycheese posted:

That is not technically a Groyper, it’s an Apu

https://knowyourmeme.com/memes/apu-apustaja

That one is also pretty much used exclusively by terrible people. If someone has one of those two as a profile pic you know you're about to see something stupid.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
oh right, I forgot that autistic Groyper also had a name

same thing, though

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

It's gotta suck to be the guy who's goofy cartoon became a Nazi symbol. People fuckin suck.

DemonTrigger
May 30, 2011

I'M MAKIN' IT GP RAIN

All he wanted to do was take a piss with his pants down

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

is this true? @CommunityNotes

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Escape From Noise posted:

It's gotta suck to be the guy who's goofy cartoon became a Nazi symbol. People fuckin suck.

Iirc the guy who drew the original Pepe was pretty angry that it got adopted by weirdo fascists

Renreeja
Oct 11, 2007

anybody got a breakdown what happened, elong got a ceo actually? catturd mad? I just know this from the trump thread all the talk here just scatterbraind bull!

E the Shaggy
Mar 29, 2010
To Elon, the first amendment means white people get to say the n-word with no pushback and everyone applauds him when he misgenders someone.

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

Frank Frank posted:

Iirc the guy who drew the original Pepe was pretty angry that it got adopted by weirdo fascists

He made a documentary about it... Basically it comes down to "not really much I can do"

Edit: yup
https://www.feelsgoodmanfilm.com/

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

Frank Frank posted:

Yeah, exactly. It's gotta suck poo poo to just draw a silly comic about pissing and have a bunch of extremely online losers turn it into a hate symbol. I very much feel for the guy. That's gotta suck big-time.

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

:flip:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Renreeja posted:

anybody got a breakdown what happened, elong got a ceo actually? catturd mad? I just know this from the trump thread all the talk here just scatterbraind bull!

Elon picked Linda Yaccarino to be CEO. She's an ad exec at NBC. She was also a chair of the WEF, the world economic forum.

Racists hate the WEF because "jews" and also Elon was trashing them earlier this year when he wasn't invited to their meeting.

Yaccarino is right wing, follows a bunch of trash people on twitter, and is an elon fan. Should have been a good match but twitter has already turned on her.

(she also had to quit her current job early because elon couldn't shut up on twitter)