Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: MokBa)

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Tei posted:

also, I don't use the shield much because all fuses end making the weapons two hands, and the controls are ackward

This isn't true at all though?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Tei posted:

nothing, because I am fasionista and looks weird, but I see a use for attaching a (advanced zenni item) rocket launcher

also, I don't use the shield much because all fuses end making the weapons two hands, and the controls are ackward

Fuses keep whatever the base weapon was

Mendrian
Jan 6, 2013

Fuse a bomb to your shield as God intended.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!

Khanstant posted:

Fuses keep whatever the base weapon was

oh!, thanks for the correction

Nyan Bread
Mar 17, 2006

Yeah melee fuses don't change the type of the hilt that was used whether it was a 1h, 2h, or a spear. Though if you consider how many sub-classes of these goblins and co. use, you don't end up with a lot of good 1h ones that can be wielded together with a shield.

Gnossiennes
Jan 7, 2013

Loving chairs more every day!

i put on a star on a shrine purely because i can walk in and fuse a bunch of rocket shields

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug

Barreft posted:

I just got this absolute unit of a horse

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pQNM4t3BS6I

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

RandolphCarter posted:

I am far too dumb and uncreative for this game.

No, if this game required that you would be too dumb and uncreative. This isn't an "expert castle builders only" sandbox.

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!
Where the gently caress are sunset fireflies, I fast travelled all across the map at night but I can't find any and I've seen them previously but can't remember where.

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

so how do i use the gliders when theres no slopes to slide them down? they keep leaving without me

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
I've used the grab power to hold the glider in the air for awhile and use the rewind power to get on it while it follows the grab path.

It feels like they could of made an entire game out of just one or two of the powers like fuse, rewind, ascend, but just throw all of them at you and you can do some nutty stuff.

Oneiros
Jan 12, 2007

cuntman.net posted:

so how do i use the gliders when theres no slopes to slide them down? they keep leaving without me

use the magic hand to hold them out/up, then back to the ground. hop on, then reverse time

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

I've used the grab power to hold the glider in the air for awhile and use the rewind power to get on it while it follows the grab path.

It feels like they could of made an entire game out of just one or two of the powers like fuse, rewind, ascend, but just throw all of them at you and you can do some nutty stuff.

I'm seeing a pretty even spread of "this power is busted" so I think they did something right. Aside from Fusion which serves other purposes.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!

cuntman.net posted:

I tried the trick everyone recommend, and it don't work for me because I am a idiot. if I get frustrated, I attach a rocket or the minipad with wheels item

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Tei posted:

I tried the trick everyone recommend, and it don't work for me because I am a idiot. if I get frustrated, I attach a rocket or the minipad with wheels item

Yeah doing that trick I have a lot of trouble getting forward momentum.

Ashtarath
Oct 11, 2012

Can anyone tell me if (character spoiler) kass is in the game? I went and found his entire family and literally no one acknowledges he even existed. I am so confused about what happened. Wasn't he like super integral in the dlc and stuff for botw or am I just crazy

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
https://twitter.com/aquatic_ambi/status/1657438614572396544?s=46&t=Kzmv5HsyFqNWsBcA-dIRLA

People got too much skill

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

I'm what the kids call: a big nerd
i just got to the water temple and i think its safe to say that this game fucks and it fucks hard

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
Korok torture thread

https://twitter.com/dankois/status/1657467614027759616?s=46&t=Kzmv5HsyFqNWsBcA-dIRLA

text editor
Jan 8, 2007

Waffleopolis posted:

I don't know if this is a new feature or just lucky as hell but this feels awesome to do.

https://twitter.com/Waffleopolis/status/1657604145631866882

I was gonna come post that I grabbed one this way earlier. link can fall faster than the fragments so you just have to modulate your speed and line it up

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

It's looking like they've added a gazillion more clothing sets but still didn't bother to put the ability to save presets, what the actual gently caress.

MiracleFlare
Mar 27, 2012
Late Goron City spoilers:

Yunobo: oh noooo Zelda's fallen into the volcano, we have to hurry and rescue her goro!

Me: Eh I'm sure she's fine, let's make frequent pit stops to throw you at Zonaite veins while I take pictures of this statue's crack

Also I made a stripped-down monster truck and while trying to get used to the controls I accidentally ran Yunobo over with it :(

Ethics_Gradient
May 5, 2015

Common misconception that; that fun is relaxing. If it is, you're not doing it right.
My inner petulant teenager is really enjoying finding asinine solutions to shrines. You could definitely do this to some extent in BoTW, but Ultrahand opens up an entirely new level of creativity.

Bruceski posted:

No, if this game required that you would be too dumb and uncreative. This isn't an "expert castle builders only" sandbox.

I think it's hit a really great note in that it has a relatively low difficulty floor* while also having a pretty much unlimited ceiling for people who want to push the game to its limits.

*IDK, compared to say, a Souls-like, it's definitely harder than BoTW

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat
It is way easier to get to places you’re way under leveled for

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

I still don't get the trick with Gliders, half the time it ends woth the glidder plummeting into the ground instead of a gentle fall, and fans sewm to make things worse.

Also, found the Korok Mask! Now I can actually explore the world without missing on those little shits. NW part of the Korok Forest in the depths, follow a trail of bananas into a colisseum with a Black Hinox (which was easy despite no arrows cause I just flashbanged him constantly). The price is the mask.

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

The glider reacts to where you're standing on it. If you stand too far forward it's going to nosedive, too far back and it's going to stall and drop. Move left and right to steer it also.

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."
I absolutely adore the graphic effect with rewind. I AM THE MASTER OF TIME ITSELF, THE LIGHT FROM COLORS CANNOT REACH ME

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

Also talking about rewind, found this. New meta incoming:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9SNcR5qobuo

Deceptive Thinker
Oct 5, 2005

I'll rip out your optics!

GiantRockFromSpace posted:

It's all about the giant dongs in this game

RickRogers
Jun 21, 2020

Woh, is that a thing I like??

I still don't get the trick with Gliders, half the time it ends woth the glidder plummeting into the ground instead of a gentle fall, and fans sewm to make things worse.

Also, found the Korok Mask! Now I can actually explore the world without missing on those little shits. NW part of the Korok Forest in the depths, follow a trail of bananas into a colisseum with a Black Hinox (which was easy despite no arrows cause I just flashbanged him constantly). The price is the mask.

Do they have all the DX/Amibo stuff returning? I want my link to be fabulous but also have a tingle hood

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Accidentally breaking my stone axe made the walking trees a lot more annoying.

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

It’s astonishing what they’ve been able to accomplish on this hardware but dammit Nintendo, this game deserved a Switch 2

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

Tei
Feb 19, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!
I think I have found the ultimate construct against small enemies (item spoiler) autonomous robot legs item + fire ice head. They get permastunned and the construct bodyslam them

Tokelau All Star
Feb 23, 2008

THE TAXES! THE FINGER THING MEANS THE TAXES!

Help,I just started, I killed the Fuse Construct I and now I can't get off this platform.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Flying a glider in the Depths is terrifying

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Tokelau All Star posted:

Help,I just started, I killed the Fuse Construct I and now I can't get off this platform.

got myself into this exact same situation, there's a little pond you can dive into right below the platform

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

RandolphCarter posted:

I am far too dumb and uncreative for this game.

the real comedy is watching when the video cuts because you know immediately after that point is where they got their poo poo kicked in because they couldn't turn their contraption around

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

I always felt the one thing BotW lacked was a way to dick slap your foes to death.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DemoneeHo
Nov 9, 2017

Come on hee-ho, just give us 300 more macca

So i worked my way to the Great Plateau, and went to the Temple of Time ruins and got a distress call saying they were trapped under the iron gate of the plateau. So i worked my way underground and stumbled upon Kohga still very much alive and the Autobuild for my troubles. Am i correct in assuming that I still haven't found the source of the cry for help under the iron gate? I didn't bother to go back to the temple of time ruins because lazy.