Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

Anyway looking forward to the rest of may being a very calm forums experience

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp
im looking forward to some meltdowns :evilbuddy:

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
The mild-down may is in full swing.

The Wicked ZOGA
Jan 27, 2022
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!
He who smeltdown meltdown

Valko
Sep 18, 2015
So this is what yall doing?

https://twitter.com/HKSIcabb/status/1657046081681887233

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.

During the first few days I played breath of the wild I was getting destroyed by the guardian units and was itching for a way to get rid of them. Once I got out of the shrine that gave you bomb powers I was like poo poo yeah, time to get hosed you assholes. I threw a bomb at one, it exploded perfectly, and its health bar went down by maybe 1 fifth. Then it killed me.

Today when I finished the fourth shrine and got access to the flying contraptions I was like ah, yes, traversal takes so much time I can just get on one of these bad boys and fly over to that last bit and get out of this place. The game doesn't tell or remind you until you are up in the air that you are way too high to navigate it properly towards that last area so I died at least ten times going "no why y y"

Anyway what I'm saying is the new game is still very good at trolling players as the previous one, making it great

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

the game is good and i look forward to ravening hordes of goons flooding the forums complaining about weapon degradation, the fact that you don't play as zelda, and the fact that the map is different from and the same as breath of the wild

i will say that not directly giving you the paraglider immediately after the tutorial island is slightly irritating. you have to quest for it

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

The Saddest Rhino posted:

During the first few days I played breath of the wild I was getting destroyed by the guardian units and was itching for a way to get rid of them. Once I got out of the shrine that gave you bomb powers I was like poo poo yeah, time to get hosed you assholes. I threw a bomb at one, it exploded perfectly, and its health bar went down by maybe 1 fifth. Then it killed me.

Today when I finished the fourth shrine and got access to the flying contraptions I was like ah, yes, traversal takes so much time I can just get on one of these bad boys and fly over to that last bit and get out of this place. The game doesn't tell or remind you until you are up in the air that you are way too high to navigate it properly towards that last area so I died at least ten times going "no why y y"

Anyway what I'm saying is the new game is still very good at trolling players as the previous one, making it great

My brother in Christ, you control the pitch

E: upon further thought, I had welded two gliders together because it was funny, so my gliding experience at the time was very different, crash landed the bastard in a pond but took no damage :grin:

Danaru fucked around with this message at 13:09 on May 14, 2023

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp
latest yuzu patch apparently is getting 60fps consistently with good hardware. does it run at 30fps on the switch? seems like a no brainer if your pc can get better performance emulating it (mostly cpu dependent)

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Goddamn that was a deeply weird and unsettling movie

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

i will say that not directly giving you the paraglider immediately after the tutorial island is slightly irritating. you have to quest for it
It's like one short, combat-less quest at the town a couple minutes walk away from where you touch down to the surface (which is highlighted in the cutscene right before you jump), which makes it so funny that so many people are going in the complete opposite direction and going up to 10 hours without towers or the glider.

Cuttlefush posted:

latest yuzu patch apparently is getting 60fps consistently with good hardware. does it run at 30fps on the switch? seems like a no brainer if your pc can get better performance emulating it (mostly cpu dependent)
It's a pretty solid 30 with mild stutters in certain intense areas. Pretty crazy that it's so stable and seemingly bug-free on old, underpowered hardware.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Cuttlefush posted:

Pinkertons are on to you now.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.

I'm on the first gen switch and yeah it works perfectly other than some stutters when I fight an optional boss in the starting area. 30fps. I have seen people claiming that it works perfectly fine on the steam deck with the latest version of yuzu

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp

The Kins posted:

It's a pretty solid 30 with mild stutters in certain intense areas. Pretty crazy that it's so stable and seemingly bug-free on old, underpowered hardware.

did you get the latest latest patch? the 60fps performance good patch was like 6 hours ago.

also it's crazy that nintendo just sells the same switch hardware when it can't run its games as well as old, underpowered hardware running an emulator. i know they're like that but... drat. emulators in general are ftw. the PS3 emulator, RPCS3, is great and can play all but a handful of games now. and most of those have patches for better performance/gramphics. all the metal gears finally on PC

Paladinus posted:

Pinkertons are on to you now.

haven't actually tried yuzu yet. it's been on my list of things to do for a while.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

The Kins posted:

It's like one short, combat-less quest at the town a couple minutes walk away from where you touch down to the surface (which is highlighted in the cutscene right before you jump), which makes it so funny that so many people are going in the complete opposite direction and going up to 10 hours without towers or the glider.

yeah which is why it's so puzzling. i'm sure nintendo got their game-design reasons but it seems like something to deliver via cutscene once you touch earth for the first time to prevent people wandering off gliderless.

it would even make the map-tower bit make a bit more sense; rather than having purah go "sorry we can't do the mapping because we're all GBS posters and need round-the-clock adult supervision", she could go "god it'd be great if we had a glider, we could finally use the map tower prope - wait, what's that?"

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos
60fps patch double speeds cutscenes, so set up a hotkey to switch it off.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

Cuttlefush posted:

did you get the latest latest patch? the 60fps performance good patch was like 6 hours ago.
I'm on real hardware. I'll probably fiddle with emulation once big mods come out.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

The Saddest Rhino posted:

I simply piloted it in the general direction of the temple and then did a high dive into the lake.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

You should be shot and killed if you post about playing zelda on an emulator.

Cranappleberry
Jan 27, 2009
that is exactly what Nintendo intends to do to anyone playing on an emulator

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Cranappleberry posted:

that is exactly what Nintendo intends to do to anyone playing on an emulator

Nintendo's ninja assassins are far too professional to use something as loud as a gun

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
Everybody knows about the WotC Pinkertons, but no one has ever heard of anyone being assassinated by Nintendo, because Nintendo knows what they're doing.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
Nintendo did indentured servitude that one guy recently though

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

Ibram Gaunt posted:

You should be shot and killed if you post about playing zelda on an emulator.

congrats on being hired by nintendo.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
Oh yeah, they wanted you to know about that one.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Fajita Queen posted:

Nintendo's ninja assassins are far too professional to use something as loud as a gun

They just crack an original gameboy over your head. Those things are indestructible

Cranappleberry
Jan 27, 2009

Fajita Queen posted:

Something undetectable. Something sinister. You think that's a mosquito bite? It's a curare dart.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Wintendo

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Yaoi Gagarin
Feb 20, 2014

Ibram Gaunt posted:

You should have all your wages for life given to Nintendo if you post about playing zelda on an emulator.

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos
I modded it so fast travel is 2x as fast, it's good.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
My kid is playing it around the clock this weekend so I have to wait :(

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
emulation? that's a sintendo

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Captain Invictus posted:

emulation? that's a sintendo

Taeke
Feb 2, 2010

I started BotW two days ago while recovering from surgery and I guess it's just not for me? Either that or I'm playing it wrong.

Like, it's fine. I enjoy the combat and the puzzles and stuff but I'm hitting a brick wall now and the desire to push through it just isn't really there. Travel is super slow, the conversations drag with all the cutesy animations and stuff (*SNAAAP* ugh) and while at first I liked that every point of interest had something to discover it's getting old when it's always just another enemy camp or seed or chest.

I'm just really not feeling it and now that I was excited getting to the Zora place because I finally saw the first of the four divine beasts, but first I have to beat a centaur dude and it one shots me. So I guess I just have to wander around for another 10 hours finding two dozen or so shrines to get a couple more hearts?

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
the mission says extremely clearly you don’t have to fight it, just grab the shock arrows and run

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

the answer to all those complaints is to just look up speedrun glitch tech and do that whenever you want. get around the map by launching a piece of geometry. gently caress it.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Taeke posted:

I started BotW two days ago while recovering from surgery and I guess it's just not for me? Either that or I'm playing it wrong.

Like, it's fine. I enjoy the combat and the puzzles and stuff but I'm hitting a brick wall now and the desire to push through it just isn't really there. Travel is super slow, the conversations drag with all the cutesy animations and stuff (*SNAAAP* ugh) and while at first I liked that every point of interest had something to discover it's getting old when it's always just another enemy camp or seed or chest.

I'm just really not feeling it and now that I was excited getting to the Zora place because I finally saw the first of the four divine beasts, but first I have to beat a centaur dude and it one shots me. So I guess I just have to wander around for another 10 hours finding two dozen or so shrines to get a couple more hearts?

skill issue

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

Taeke posted:

botw is a game about wandering around cause stuff looks cool. but you are right about these criticisms and they are the biggest problems i have with the game... however just walking around, making super foods, climbing tall things and gliding kicks rear end and if you love that you are golden and if you dont like that im afraid thats the game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

i didnt like botw much when i tried playing it as 'intended' or at least what felt like was intended but when i went out of my way to do stupid poo poo and try and break the game and found abusable stuff i enjoyed it a lot