Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
You could have saved them officer I gave you volume six of the garfield classics.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

im saint germain
Jan 30, 2021

i've come from the future to tell you all we have to stop party rock before it returns
Give away the stuff with monetary value instead of sentimental value, Nathen

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001
Why are there so many volumes six! Was that just like the worst volume that didn't sell so they sent a truck load to Nathen?

david_a
Apr 24, 2010

Megamarm

dr_rat posted:

Why are there so many volumes six! Was that just like the worst volume that didn't sell so they sent a truck load to Nathen?

I’m betting he bought the cheapest books he could find on EBay so he can “donate” then for (in his mind) social media clout

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.

david_a posted:

I’m betting he bought the cheapest books he could find on EBay so he can “donate” then for (in his mind) social media clout

Two whole likes on his Twitter!

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Seth Pecksniff posted:

15 likes 7 retweets

"drat this is really doing some numbers

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

Seth Pecksniff posted:

Garfield...Tweets?

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

dr_rat posted:

That's what happens when you ask publishers / distributors for free remaindered books. Nathen is shifting unsellable garbage from one warehouse into another (and possibly into the same one, depending on who owns these bookstores).

Anyway, as has been said before, donating to shops rather than libraries is peak hustle-mentality brain

steinrokkan fucked around with this message at 07:33 on May 14, 2023

Binary Badger
Oct 11, 2005

Trolling Link for a decade

Scene at a Canadian comic book store:

"Hey Boss, remember how you complained that none of our Garfield books were moving?

"Yeah.."

"Remember how happy you were when we sold off all our Garfield books to that one collector and freed up all that shelf space?"

"Yeah.. " (Boss's eyes begin to narrow)

"Well, some nut just dropped off a few cases of Garfield Volume 6, the one we couldn't get rid of even though Jim Davis himself signed each copy.. ya want me to clear off that shelf ag-- ACGGHHACCKACKACK ** strangulation noises **"

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Imprisoned in the lasagna cat infinity mind jail

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
fully lasagnad and loving it

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Has Nathen actually given up? He hasn't been tweeting, he isn't posting on instagram and his last Linkedin posts were a month ago. All he's done is like things... wait what the devil is this?

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.
He clearly doesn't have time for social media when he's on that hustle and grind

big dyke energy
Jul 29, 2006

Football? Yaaaay
Whoa the Berkshire Hathaway Berkshire Hathaway Festival? That's big.

SatansOnion
Dec 12, 2011

MassRafTer posted:

Has Nathen actually given up? He hasn't been tweeting, he isn't posting on instagram and his last Linkedin posts were a month ago. All he's done is like things... wait what the devil is this?

They're so cool, I gotta collect them all! My friends at school were showing off their Premium Old White Executive and Collectors' Edition Old White Executive at lunchtime and I was so jealous T-T because all I have is this dumb stinky Old White Executive (common)

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

Pulse of Play

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
My kids were into squishmallows when they were like 7 and 8 years old

Howard Beale
Feb 22, 2001

It's like this, Peanut
standing at a mall in Dubai about to purchase an adorable Warnen Buffert plushie

Gildiss
Aug 24, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Howard Beale posted:

standing at a mall in Dubai about to purchase an adorable Warnen Buffert plushie

Is it counterfeit?!

If only there was an app that could help in thia situation!

Howard Beale
Feb 22, 2001

It's like this, Peanut
I can't tell and I'm too embarrassed to ask the employees, what can I do

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Howard Beale posted:

I can't tell and I'm too embarrassed to ask the employees, what can I do

Get Nate on the phone, he's obviously not doing anything and I'm sure will be happy to ask for you!

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

Frank Frank posted:

My kids were into squishmallows when they were like 7 and 8 years old

What's a squishmallow?

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Escape From Noise posted:

What's a squishmallow?

Cute little pillow things that usually look like animals

Computer viking
May 30, 2011
Now with less breakage.

I'd buy a Warren Buffet squishmallow if it was cheap, just for the sheer oddness of it.

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

Nathen has just made a number of new Instagram posts, it's hard to say about exactly what.

(Sound on)

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CsiPXWANNJf/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link&igshid=MmJiY2I4NDBkZg==

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CsiQPfnsoZB/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link&igshid=MmJiY2I4NDBkZg==

https://www.instagram.com/reel/Csj6BPpJPeS/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link&igshid=MmJiY2I4NDBkZg==

https://www.instagram.com/reel/Csj6QBBJq1-/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link&igshid=MmJiY2I4NDBkZg==

A spiritual awakening? (Online?) gallery? Clean label movement? Nathen EATS?

boof
Jun 3, 2001
I can't believe that someone yet again questions whether Nathen/the thread might have run out of steam, and then he immediately comes back with.... whatever that was. :psyboom:

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

Aaaaaaaaaaaah, this is amazing. I did NOT see where it was going at all, Nathen’s done it again.

This is just pure, distilled, wonderful art. This whole ride, it’s just beautiful.

j.peeba
Oct 25, 2010

Almost Human
Nap Ghost
https://vimeo.com/829373674

Eight-Six
Oct 26, 2007

my man loves brands

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

Is...is this parody? I may be too high for this.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
I'm transcribing bits and pieces of this because it's absolutely insane and needs to be documented but I'm going to warn you that 99% of it is word salad and I have literally no idea what message Nathen is attempting to convey. This is less offensive than the "podcast" but no less bizarre. I'm not going to transcribe 100% of it because these videos are like 11+ minutes long a piece and consist of Nathen just babbling away like it's his job.

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

Frank Frank posted:

I'm transcribing bits and pieces of this because it's absolutely insane and needs to be documented but I'm going to warn you that 99% of it is word salad and I have literally no idea what message Nathen is attempting to convey. This is less offensive than the "podcast" but no less bizarre. I'm not going to transcribe 100% of it because these videos are like 11+ minutes long a piece and consist of Nathen just babbling away like it's his job.

Am I having a stroke? Honest question.

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.
So what I'm gathering is Nathen's newest drug fueled binge idea divinely inspired revelation is he's going to become an avant garde mixed media artist that seeks to capture your imagination and make you seriously think about how fake the clean label industry actually is through the use of artwork, possibly acrylic and cereal boxes. He's going to have an art show in Toronto and you're all invited!

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
Please note that all typos are intentional. The same weird uplifting, new-agey music plays in the background through all of these as far as I can tell:

Video 1:

"It's been almost a year since I disconnected from social media"
(posted to instagram)
"...and I left behind toxicity of humanity. I found my calling with a higher power, and honestly, I met my prophet who enlighted me in my dreams. I woke up with so much tears, crying like a big baby from the deep end of my heart. I felt so much light, happiness, joy - what one man in one minute did filled me with just sheer joy and completely shifted my perspective on life. I don't expect people to understand what has been happening to me"
(boy howdy, we do not)
"...but the truth has been revealed to me. My journey as a Muslim has been about revisiting myself as a pure human before all my sins. I needed to ask myself, 'Who was I really? What did I love?'

Ok so 11:11 was the title of this and not the length of the video. Thank god.

Video 2:

"All of my hobbies other than nightlife sex and money. What happened to me at 19 years old. I lost myself to find myself. For the past 6 months I have returned to what I love; (Nathen chuckles) cereal boxes and coloring (:psyduck:). I want to raise awareness about the big lie that we live in, and especially what we put in our bodies in the morning. My art symbolizes clean labeling ingredients and I've always loved repurposing things. Just look at what I did with GarfieldEats pizza boxes. I turned them into comic strips and plates. I want to invite you all to my gallery where the new me will meet you, greet you and have so much fun. I missed you all but I really needed this time away. Hollywood licensing really affected me (???) and there's so much you just don't know. I can't wait to tell you all soon. One gallery at a time"

Proposed thread title:
GarfieldEats: I have returned to what I love; cereal boxes and coloring.

Frank Frank fucked around with this message at 13:25 on May 23, 2023

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

My hobby is, and I am NOT loving kidding here... cereal boxes.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
Video 3
(Nice illuminati eye picture to begin this one)

"The devil is in the details. Let's talk about processed food for profiteering. There exists a gap in people's perception creating confusion, misinformation and distrust in what's really in our food. The clean label movement has saturated industries, sweeping in at the tail-end of related trends such as organic, non-GMO and all-natural derived by American lies and greed. See, I've always been a clean label activist. Since GarfieldEats and Scooby Doo Eats which was the heart of my purpose starting farm to plate. This time I invite you to step inside the enchanting world of NathenEats (oh no. OH NO) employing nostalgic medium and my favorite packaging as a child; cereal boxes and paint. The first Kellog series - transforming them into a purposeful work of art where the childhood in everyone is set free"

(1. This is somehow America's fault. 2. Nathen is about to do some more copyright infringement)

Video 4
(where things go completely off the rails. Video beings with a really disturbing/gross close-up shot of someone eating cereal.)

"Processed food is meant to be played with, not to be eaten. NathenEats will evoke a sense of wonder through reminding us of the joy and innocence that reside within us all but stolen. Food industry is one of them, then comes the movie industry and many others. Don't worry, I will tackle one by one to clean up your consciousness and become woke...in my spare time"

(Nathen has gone insane. Again.)

Frank Frank fucked around with this message at 13:25 on May 23, 2023

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Escape From Noise posted:

My hobby is, and I am NOT loving kidding here... cereal boxes.

and coloring. Don't forget the coloring.

So yeah, online galleries of re-imagined cereal boxes looks to be where we are headed. Nathen is going to fight corporate American greed by uh, redesigning cereal boxes.

Frank Frank fucked around with this message at 13:20 on May 23, 2023

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

Frank Frank posted:

and coloring. Don't forget the coloring.

So yeah, online galleries of re-imagined cereal boxes looks to be where we are headed. Nathen is going to fight corporate American greed by uh, redesigning cereal boxes.

This poo poo needs an American Psycho edit!

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
It feels like Nathen got tired of using Nathfield as his expy and just moved into the savior role himself. The ending of video 4 sounds like it was pulled straight from one of those Nathfield scripts. I gotta say though, Nathen's power of "redesigning cereal boxes to stick it to the man" is somewhat less impressive than Nathfield's orange suit that had telepathy and can banish pig trolls to hell or w/e.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

david_a
Apr 24, 2010

Megamarm
Can’t wait for Nathen to cleanse this bitch of an earth with the power of cereal boxes and paint