Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shockeh
Feb 24, 2009

Now be a dear and
fuck the fuck off.

Oenis posted:

Yup, win or lose, those are the best games of hearthstone for me. I just wish there was more of that, not less. I always love it when a control-ish deck is meta, but it never lasts because apparently control isn't allowed to be too good.
Because, just like when face Hunter is too good, it stifles the existence of anything else.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NorgLyle
Sep 20, 2002

Do you think I posted to this forum because I value your companionship?

The Lord Bude posted:

I think you’ll find control mirrors are the best fun hearthstone has to offer. For eg; my control priest just beat a blood DK in a tense 30 min match that involved me stealing his Alexandros and playing it 3 times. I also played his own hand snapshot.
Still one of my all time favorite Hearthstone memories was a Priest mirror back in I wanna say Blackrock where one of us summoned Ysera and then, through Thoughtsteals and other dumb tricks, we spent the next five turns alternating Mind Controls back and forth on her.

fanny packrat
Mar 24, 2018

Oenis posted:

Yup, win or lose, those are the best games of hearthstone for me. I just wish there was more of that, not less. I always love it when a control-ish deck is meta, but it never lasts because apparently control isn't allowed to be too good.

It's great that you love control, and there are two good control decks right now. Control DK has been at or near the top of the meta since the expansion, consistently T1/T2 according to the VS reports. It's also consistently one of the most played decks, so if you want to play grindy control mirrors just queue it.

Doji Sekushi
Dec 26, 2006

HI
Hi. Do you want to get to Diamond this month? Use this —

### Zooknight
# Class: Death Knight
# Format: Standard
# Year of the Wolf
#
# 2x (1) Arms Dealer
# 2x (1) Body Bagger
# 2x (1) Murmy
# 2x (1) Skeletal Sidekick
# 1x (2) Amalgam of the Deep
# 1x (2) Astalor Bloodsworn
# 2x (2) Battlefield Necromancer
# 2x (2) Plague Strike
# 2x (3) Hawkstrider Rancher
# 2x (3) Nerubian Vizier
# 2x (4) Grave Strength
# 2x (4) Murlocula
# 2x (4) Nerubian Swarmguard
# 1x (4) Pozzik, Audio Engineer
# 2x (4) School Teacher
# 1x (5) Gorloc Ravager
# 1x (6) Sylvanas, the Accused
# 1x (8) Lord Marrowgar
#
AAECAZOOBgbVsgSywQT47ASk7wTipAX0yAUMlrcEy+IE8OMEkeQEkuQEhfYEsvcEkpMFopkFrqEFhaoF1J4GAAA=
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

Win rate is stupid high and this deck is braindead. Just poo poo minions out and hit face.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Yeah I guess I'm already done with standard for the month. Been trying to crack diamond and went back to an unholy Death Knight deck that supposedly has a 59% win rate and is, according to HSreplay, the best deck I can build. Managed to fight my way to Plat 2 and then... 10 game losing streak and all the way back to Plat 5. Not gonna keep banging my head against that wall.

bravesword
Apr 13, 2012

Silent Protagonist
Aleco Geroco announced balance changes next week, so I’d be surprised if Unholy DK doesn’t get hit. I fully expect Battlefield Necromancer to get reverted, at the very least.

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT MY SHITTY, BOUGIE INTERIOR DECORATING ADVICE
I think unholy is fine. It loses hard to both control priest and Blood DK (which is still being played more than unholy)

If they want to do something; tinker with warrior and warlock some more so they actually see play.

fanny packrat
Mar 24, 2018

Quiet Feet posted:

Yeah I guess I'm already done with standard for the month. Been trying to crack diamond and went back to an unholy Death Knight deck that supposedly has a 59% win rate and is, according to HSreplay, the best deck I can build. Managed to fight my way to Plat 2 and then... 10 game losing streak and all the way back to Plat 5. Not gonna keep banging my head against that wall.

Post some replays.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

fanny packrat posted:

Post some replays.

https://hsreplay.net/replay/NZ75ahtCsMRt6Ca6WPiNTH

https://hsreplay.net/replay/gr9Ahs9BDuxyAqPDMVyPFt

https://hsreplay.net/replay/DReTiiQqCP7VzhUzEkNuob

Here's three. Was playing on my phone for the rest.

Seriously not seeing what else I could do with the cards I had? :shrug: Deck is this but I replaced the two Graveyard Shifts with a pair of Afterlife Attendants.

Yestermoment
Jul 27, 2007

Now that the dust has settled a bit in Duels, I've been loving the B/U DK deck that has showed up. It doesn't whiff with incorrect passives, doesn't require a Correct Combo that annihilates you in one turn. It's just a consistently strong deck that can take you to high wins. And, in my case, my third ever 12-wins.

( AAECAfHhBA+qigTHsgSWtwTbuQTw4wSS5ASH9gSY9gSy9wSz9wS5/wTipAXYxgX0yAWUygUAAAA= ) if anyone is curious.

fanny packrat
Mar 24, 2018

Quiet Feet posted:

https://hsreplay.net/replay/NZ75ahtCsMRt6Ca6WPiNTH

https://hsreplay.net/replay/gr9Ahs9BDuxyAqPDMVyPFt

https://hsreplay.net/replay/DReTiiQqCP7VzhUzEkNuob

Seriously not seeing what else I could do with the cards I had? :shrug: Deck is this but I replaced the two Graveyard Shifts with a pair of Afterlife Attendants.

On my phone, so I'll write something up later if you want me to, but I see some things. This seems like a deck that will struggle into control though, so if that's your meta you might want to try something else.

In the first game you kept Baron in the mulligan, but this deck needs to get early corpses to be useful (and this doesn't look like an optimized version of UUU DK). Toss the Baron because Plagued Grain gives you corpses, which you really need to fuel your gameplan. It's also a bad matchup, but the only way to beat that Priest is to get under it; you're never going to outvalue it or win in the late game so mull for early power spikes.

Second game you played the Necromancer without any corpses, so it was just a river croc when it came down. Instead of trying to greed the +2 attack undead just play it out on 1 and make them deal with it. It's not strong, but it's a way better setup for a T2 necromancer (and it was worth considering T1 coin hero power).

Third game you might have stabilized on your 8 mana turn by using hero power grave strength to remove some power from the opponent instead of floating 6 mana with hero power pass. You had two Grave Strengths in hand, burning one to bridge to Alex is a stronger play.

I would try a more refined version of the deck (check VS, theirs is lean and fast) and remember that you want to win the game before turn 7. Make lots of wide boards, mull for a powerful open (establish control of the board by T3), and make the opponent have their clears.

Good luck, and don't get down about it. Learning new decks is tricky. Just think about how the deck wins and play for that. You'll get better at it.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

Quiet Feet posted:

that version of unholy aggro (the default deck recipe?) seems unrefined compared to the versions like the latest VS list https://www.vicioussyndicate.com/deck-library/death-knight-decks/unholy-aggro-death-knight/
Even if you're super f2p you should be able to get enough dust for common stuff like Arms Dealers, Tour Guides, Nekrolytes, Swarmguards and Viziers.

As for general play tips

Turn 7 I don't like you running the ghoul into his taunt, you can simply do it next turn if it comes to it (but ideally you'd kill it with something else and still have the ghoul) or make him use his attack to do it. T9 Grave Strength is your alpha strike card, I don't like using it for marginal value on a turn where all your new 5/2 ghouls are just going to get traded off with 2/2s before they can go face

Turn 1 and I disagree with your play here. Coining out a Necromancer with 0 corpses into an on board hero power + attack to remove it, with no followup turn 2 in hand is just asking to leave yourself with nothing to do turn 2 and one of your strongest cards dead with no value. You should be looking to save the coin to maybe get that 5 drop out earlier or as suggested coin hero power to allow you to get a corpse for t2 necro

Szarrukin
Sep 29, 2021
11 games with big DH and I lost 8 of them. I loving suck at this game.

edit: and one of these wins was when I got 2 evokers in mulligan and then drew 2 all fel get loose.

Szarrukin fucked around with this message at 00:28 on May 14, 2023

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

I got this title for free due to my proximity to an idiot who wanted to save $5 on an avatar by having someone else spend $9.95 instead.
I finally made it as a Hearthstone player. No, I’m not Legend yet. Probably never. I got my first rage friend add!

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

MinionOfCthulhu posted:

I finally made it as a Hearthstone player. No, I’m not Legend yet. Probably never. I got my first rage friend add!

I haven’t had so much as one since I’ve ben back, which is quite frankly astonishing considering how much Control Priest I’ve played.

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Take 1 tablet by mouth daily.

The Lord Bude posted:

I haven’t had so much as one since I’ve ben back, which is quite frankly astonishing considering how much Control Priest I’ve played.

They went down a LOT when they added in-game reporting. :(

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

I'M QUESTIONING MY EXISTENCE AND THIS IDIOT JUST WANTS TO PEE OFF A WALL

I am still waiting for them to add an auto squelch feature, gets boring seeing people well played themselves when they have lethal

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

Desert Bus posted:

They went down a LOT when they added in-game reporting. :(

Sad, it was always really funny to see their reaction when I’d vehemently agree to suck their dicks.

Dr. Mantis Toboggan
May 5, 2003

Beasteh posted:

I am still waiting for them to add an auto squelch feature, gets boring seeing people well played themselves when they have lethal

I just squelch immediately after the mulligan. It's muscle memory at this point.

peer
Jan 17, 2004

this is not what I wanted
my opponent: emotes "You are a worthy adversary." as he hits me for lethal

me: you FUCKIBNG arrogant son of a bitch

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

The meta at high diamond has already shifted hard against unholy DK. You get to like rank 3 and suddenly every opponent is either a blood DK or a Control priest.

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

I got this title for free due to my proximity to an idiot who wanted to save $5 on an avatar by having someone else spend $9.95 instead.

The Lord Bude posted:

I was playing unholy death knight and he was some sort of Druid who used that “draw a death rattle and gain it” and got Sessalie and then by turn 5 he was dead. He accused me of hacking. Classic!

Jolly Jumbuck
Mar 14, 2006

Cats like optical fibers.

Beasteh posted:

When going for achievements, it's interesting to see how people in Ranked react when they make the tremendous accomplishment of beating a janky deck built for getting an achievement instead of winning. It seems like there's a few meta decks that the hostile emoting people will play solely to climb and laugh while doing so. In Wild, it's mainly the mill druid and the shadow essence / Neptulon priest. In Standard, it changes but for awhile earlier this expansion it was Blood DK.

It could make for some interesting psychological studies.

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP

peer posted:

my opponent: emotes "You are a worthy adversary." as he hits me for lethal

me: you FUCKIBNG arrogant son of a bitch

I only well played right before I concede or I know I've lost.

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

Beasteh posted:

Dr. Mantis Toboggan posted:

I just squelch immediately after the mulligan. It's muscle memory at this point.

Hearthstone Deck Tracker has an "auto-squelch" plugin, in case you didn't know!

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

You can turn all the sounds off and just like... listen to music or watch TV? I have literally never had the sound enabled. I still do the emotes to annoy people who do though.

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

I'M QUESTIONING MY EXISTENCE AND THIS IDIOT JUST WANTS TO PEE OFF A WALL

you just know there are people out there getting psychotically caremad at being emoted when they lose in wizard poker

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Beasteh posted:

you just know there are people out there getting psychotically caremad at being emoted when they lose in wizard poker

It's one of the few ways you can gain a psychological advantage in this game. It is part of the meta, use it!

PneumonicBook
Sep 26, 2007

Do you like our owl?

Ultra Carp

Beasteh posted:

Don't well played me you son of a bitch

Doji Sekushi
Dec 26, 2006

HI
Unholy DK was great until about d5 when I started getting countered. The new poo poo is the old poo poo: Curse Warlock. Got me past the d5 floor with one loss against a Tony Druid.

### Lucky
# Class: Warlock
# Format: Standard
# Year of the Wolf
#
# 2x (1) Armor Vendor
# 2x (1) Mortal Coil
# 1x (1) Sir Finley, Sea Guide
# 2x (1) Tour Guide
# 1x (2) Astalor Bloodsworn
# 2x (2) Defile
# 2x (2) Drain Soul
# 2x (3) Dragged Below
# 1x (3) Photographer Fizzle
# 2x (3) Scourge Supplies
# 2x (3) Sira'kess Cultist
# 2x (4) School Teacher
# 1x (4) Siphon Soul
# 1x (5) Lady Darkvein
# 1x (5) Queen Azshara
# 1x (5) Za'qul
# 2x (6) Abyssal Wave
# 1x (6) Symphony of Sins
# 1x (7) Dar'Khan Drathir
# 1x (8) Twisting Nether
#
AAECAa35AwqCoASDoATlsATbuQTmvQSH6gTOkgXipAX5xgWs0QUKsZ8E56AE/rQElrcE3L0E4r0EpZIFyOsFz54G16IGAAA=
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

Less braindead than unholy DK but still easy to pilot.

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

It just occured to me that giving an aggro deck a matching 4 mana 5/4 tribal minion (well, two copies, even) that dredges and also basically is guaranteed to deal 5 damage to face is testament of the overall thought put into the card design and resulting deck compositions. Kudos.

Huge fan of the "just vomit poo poo onto the board" gamestyle.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."
I am playing against a mage who has played 6 Solid Alibis, 5 Cold Cases and an Ice Barrier. Please send help.

E: Also I can't remember the last time I bounced of a deck so hard as Unholy DK. Just absolutely getting rolled with it.

Doctor Spaceman fucked around with this message at 04:50 on May 15, 2023

Boatswain
May 29, 2012

Doctor Spaceman posted:

I am playing against a mage who has played 6 Solid Alibis, 5 Cold Cases and an Ice Barrier. Please send help.

E: Also I can't remember the last time I bounced of a deck so hard as Unholy DK. Just absolutely getting rolled with it.

I got owned by a Mage getting Ice Block from Tear Reality :saddowns:

WarMECH
Dec 23, 2004

Beasteh posted:

I've found that playing as Sir Annoy-O makes my opponents unreasonably mad even if I barely emote during a match.

Recently had a game where I discovered a second Countess with a Muckborn Servant and they conceded before I even had a chance to play any of the 6 the invitations to see what ridiculous cards I could use. :(

Mayveena
Dec 27, 2006

People keep vandalizing my ID photo; I've lodged a complaint with HR
drat more balance changes coming this week to Standard/Wild (not sure) apparently. Any guesses?

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

They’re dumb if they nerf DK more. Unholy is already practically unplayable now because everyone is targeting it so hard

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

The Lord Bude posted:

They’re dumb if they nerf DK more. Unholy is already practically unplayable now because everyone is targeting it so hard

....so Battlefield Necormancerr revert and Nerubian Vizier to 4 then :allears:

fanny packrat
Mar 24, 2018
Just played a Pure Paladin whose invitations were Voone, Krush, and Drathir. It was in casual so who cares, but that has to be close to the best possible outcome. 16 charge damage and 12 lifesteal.

NorgLyle
Sep 20, 2002

Do you think I posted to this forum because I value your companionship?

Today for some reason I've run into multiple Control Priests running double Dirty Rat. It... hasn't worked out for them because I wasn't playing whatever they're supposed to be targeting but it's an interesting development, I guess.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sloppy
Apr 25, 2003

Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere.

Yestermoment posted:

Now that the dust has settled a bit in Duels, I've been loving the B/U DK deck that has showed up. It doesn't whiff with incorrect passives, doesn't require a Correct Combo that annihilates you in one turn. It's just a consistently strong deck that can take you to high wins. And, in my case, my third ever 12-wins.

( AAECAfHhBA+qigTHsgSWtwTbuQTw4wSS5ASH9gSY9gSy9wSz9wS5/wTipAXYxgX0yAWUygUAAAA= ) if anyone is curious.

Is this Sai or Scarlet? Which treasures and hero power do you take?