Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.

Ardennes posted:

I am getting deja vu.

Deja vu of what?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ardennes
May 12, 2002

Al-Saqr posted:

Deja vu of what?

Elements of numerous American elections and a coming January 6 style event…. by someone

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

what's wierd is that Ankara which normally leans heavily CHP Erdogan is neck and neck with Kilic

https://twitter.com/ragipsoylu/status/1657796698305970179?s=20

Also, what's even wierder is that Erdogan's coalition is CREAMING the CHP in the Parliamentary Elections so far, it's like 60% AK, 30% CHP 10% HDP and others with 25% of the votes counted.

Megamissen
Jul 19, 2022

any post can be a kannapost
if you want it to be

who are the guys with 5% and 0.5%

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

at 51% of all votes counted erdogan is at 52.03%

People are claiming that there's quite a few areas where the CHP are usually strong where erdogan is surprisingly close and neck and neck.

Everyone agrees that this will be a razors edge result whether a runoff will happen.

Zedhe Khoja
Nov 10, 2017

sürgünden selamlar
yıkıcılar ulusuna
ogans alliance is the superfascists who are obsessed with Turkey being a libertarian American colony who murders minorities. in a runoff they probably go to erdogan.
Injay is some sort of boring liberal who made a terrible boring sex tape recently.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
What's Kemal like? News feed plays up him hyping Real Turkish Democracy so my gut reaction was "bog-standard neoliberal"

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

the sultan has rigged the elections

Zedhe Khoja
Nov 10, 2017

sürgünden selamlar
yıkıcılar ulusuna
yeah. and they’ve made a big anti Arab nativism push recently. so don’t expect great things even if they win.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

https://twitter.com/ajarabic/status/1657804051495411713?s=46&t=kY7HKwmb1RBg9U186lxtbg

57% of the votes and erdogan is still at 51.7%

erdogan might actually survive this... maybe...

Mister Bates
Aug 4, 2010
yeah there is a chance that Erdogan might actually pull out a win in this election he is openly tampering with

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

at 61% erdogan is still ahead with 51.5%

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

Mister Bates posted:

yeah there is a chance that Erdogan might actually pull out a win in this election he is openly tampering with

anyways the opposition seems like complete garbage like erdogan

seems the only real losers are as usual the turkish people and the kurds as usual get boned no matter who wins

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

the presidential race might be close to a runoff but holy hell the CHP are getting annihalated in the parliamentary elections 45% counted and the AK party and friends have 54% while the CHP have 21%

https://twitter.com/ajarabic/status/1657808873334480898?s=46&t=kY7HKwmb1RBg9U186lxtbg

Zedhe Khoja
Nov 10, 2017

sürgünden selamlar
yıkıcılar ulusuna
this is one of the situations in which I’d ignore AJ except to understand what the regime is trying to sell the public on. they copy Anadolu’s pronouncements verbatim.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

Zedhe Khoja posted:

this is one of the situations in which I’d ignore AJ except to understand what the regime is trying to sell the public on. they copy Anadolu’s pronouncements verbatim.

yeah im just following their coverage because theyre the only arab channel worth following that covers the elections

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

https://twitter.com/ragipsoylu/status/1657811336305205248?s=46&t=kY7HKwmb1RBg9U186lxtbg

if Erdogan wins this Ogan is really gonna have his life threatened by CHP fans

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

at 70% erdogan is at 51.06%

will the remaining 30% be enough to force a runoff?

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

75% if the vote erdogan is now at 50.7%

https://twitter.com/ajarabic/status/1657820062307295235?s=46&t=kY7HKwmb1RBg9U186lxtbg

Al-Saqr has issued a correction as of 19:49 on May 14, 2023

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

theres a strong likelyhood that there will be a runoff at this point

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

80.3% of the vote Erdogan is at 50.4%

it really is coming down to the wire

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

at 84% erdogan is at 50.2% its pretty much guaranteed theres going to be a runoff so im going to bed, lol get hosed erdogan you bozo.

guidoanselmi
Feb 6, 2008

I thought my ideas were so clear. I wanted to make an honest post. No lies whatsoever.

Polling results are finally counted. Unbelievable. A total stunner.

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

guidoanselmi posted:

Polling results are finally counted. Unbelievable. A total stunner.

big if true

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
Broward County results always come in late, Erdogan can still do this

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

erdogan seems super happy

https://twitter.com/ragipsoylu/status/1657885401510469634?s=46&t=kY7HKwmb1RBg9U186lxtbg

also the guy who won 5% of the vote is a complete psycho

https://twitter.com/maximilian_popp/status/1657885313035907081?s=46&t=kY7HKwmb1RBg9U186lxtbg

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
There's not a lot of space for him to lose at this point is there? A million+ Turks would have to flip to the chp guy within two weeks

guidoanselmi
Feb 6, 2008

I thought my ideas were so clear. I wanted to make an honest post. No lies whatsoever.

there’s still some wiggle room in runoff turnout. who knows

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

https://twitter.com/BNONews/status/1658564801856000027?s=20

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

so what does america want to do in nigeria recently

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

yellowcar posted:

so what does america want to do in nigeria recently

Anambra is pretty far from the capital and doesn't have a huge reason to visit, but it's got a really dense and large population. it's like the new jersey of nigeria. I was pretty surprised to hear embassy staff went through it in a convoy tbh

on the other hand,

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anambra_Basin

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

President Xi Jinping underlined on Monday China's readiness to explore cooperation with Eritrea in infrastructure development, telecommunications, agriculture, mining and fisheries as part of broader steps to promote win-win cooperation and common development.

In talks with visiting Eritrean President Isaias Afwerki in Beijing, Xi reaffirmed Beijing's commitment to supporting the African nation in safeguarding its sovereignty, security and development interests and opposing foreign interference in its internal affairs and imposition of unilateral sanctions.

China will encourage more businesses to invest in Eritrea and continue with aid programs, including sending medical teams and agricultural experts, he told Isaias, who started his state visit to China on Sunday.

Before their talks, a red carpet was rolled out for the Eritrean president during a ceremony that also included a 21-gun salute and a guard of honor.

Isaias' visit to China came ahead of the 30th anniversary of the two nations' establishment of diplomatic ties on May 24.

Xi noted that both nations have always trusted and supported each other over the past three decades, and Beijing, as a trustworthy friend of Eritrea, has always viewed and developed bilateral ties from a strategic and long-term perspective.

In an international landscape full of instability and uncertainties, ensuring the sound growth of ties between China and Eritrea is not only in keeping with the common and long-term interests of both nations, but is also instrumental to safeguarding regional peace and international fairness and justice, he said.

Xi underscored China's readiness to deepen the bilateral friendship, both as friends and comrades, and take the bilateral strategic partnership to a new level.

China is willing to conduct exchanges with Eritrea on experiences in state governance, and support each other in jointly opposing unilateralism and hegemonic acts in order to uphold the common interests of both nations and those of developing countries, he said.

He called on both nations to jointly utilize frameworks and platforms such as the joint building of the Belt and Road, the Forum on China-Africa Cooperation and the Outlook on Peace and Development in the Horn of Africa, in advancing win-win cooperation.

Xi expressed appreciation for Eritrea's support of China's efforts to evacuate its citizens from Sudan, which he said spoke volumes for the strong bond of friendship between the two nations.

The two nations should adopt more measures to strengthen people-to-people exchanges, he added.

Xi expounded on the need for China and Africa to build up their solidarity and tackle challenges of the times under the new circumstances, saying that mutual respect, understanding, support and help will forever be the focus of China-Africa friendship.

He noted that Africa is "a land full of hope", adding that cooperation between China and Africa plays an important role in guiding South-South cooperation and international cooperation with the continent.

He reaffirmed China's resolve to work with African nations to carry forward the traditional friendship, consolidate strategic mutual trust and provide new opportunities for Africa, as China moves forward with high-quality growth and follows its own path to modernization.

The two sides should further deepen and firm up pragmatic cooperation and promote the building of an even closer China-Africa community with a shared future, Xi said.

Isaias emotionally recalled his special attachment to China over the past 50-plus years, saying that his people will never forget the precious support from China in their efforts to win independence and liberation.

China is a great country and any attempt to contain China's development is doomed to failure, he said.

He appealed for stronger cooperation between the two countries and expressed belief that the bilateral strategic partnership will help Eritrea achieve economic and social development.

Premier Li Qiang also held talks with Isaias on Monday.

Trade between China and Eritrea grew by 32.2 percent year-on-year to $610 million in 2022, with China mainly exporting electronic and mechanical products and importing copper ore and leather products from the African nation.

PawParole
Nov 16, 2019

Some Guy TT posted:

President Xi Jinping underlined on Monday China's readiness to explore cooperation with Eritrea in infrastructure development, telecommunications, agriculture, mining and fisheries as part of broader steps to promote win-win cooperation and common development.

In talks with visiting Eritrean President Isaias Afwerki in Beijing, Xi reaffirmed Beijing's commitment to supporting the African nation in safeguarding its sovereignty, security and development interests and opposing foreign interference in its internal affairs and imposition of unilateral sanctions.

China will encourage more businesses to invest in Eritrea and continue with aid programs, including sending medical teams and agricultural experts, he told Isaias, who started his state visit to China on Sunday.

Before their talks, a red carpet was rolled out for the Eritrean president during a ceremony that also included a 21-gun salute and a guard of honor.

Isaias' visit to China came ahead of the 30th anniversary of the two nations' establishment of diplomatic ties on May 24.

Xi noted that both nations have always trusted and supported each other over the past three decades, and Beijing, as a trustworthy friend of Eritrea, has always viewed and developed bilateral ties from a strategic and long-term perspective.

In an international landscape full of instability and uncertainties, ensuring the sound growth of ties between China and Eritrea is not only in keeping with the common and long-term interests of both nations, but is also instrumental to safeguarding regional peace and international fairness and justice, he said.

Xi underscored China's readiness to deepen the bilateral friendship, both as friends and comrades, and take the bilateral strategic partnership to a new level.

China is willing to conduct exchanges with Eritrea on experiences in state governance, and support each other in jointly opposing unilateralism and hegemonic acts in order to uphold the common interests of both nations and those of developing countries, he said.

He called on both nations to jointly utilize frameworks and platforms such as the joint building of the Belt and Road, the Forum on China-Africa Cooperation and the Outlook on Peace and Development in the Horn of Africa, in advancing win-win cooperation.

Xi expressed appreciation for Eritrea's support of China's efforts to evacuate its citizens from Sudan, which he said spoke volumes for the strong bond of friendship between the two nations.

The two nations should adopt more measures to strengthen people-to-people exchanges, he added.

Xi expounded on the need for China and Africa to build up their solidarity and tackle challenges of the times under the new circumstances, saying that mutual respect, understanding, support and help will forever be the focus of China-Africa friendship.

He noted that Africa is "a land full of hope", adding that cooperation between China and Africa plays an important role in guiding South-South cooperation and international cooperation with the continent.

He reaffirmed China's resolve to work with African nations to carry forward the traditional friendship, consolidate strategic mutual trust and provide new opportunities for Africa, as China moves forward with high-quality growth and follows its own path to modernization.

The two sides should further deepen and firm up pragmatic cooperation and promote the building of an even closer China-Africa community with a shared future, Xi said.

Isaias emotionally recalled his special attachment to China over the past 50-plus years, saying that his people will never forget the precious support from China in their efforts to win independence and liberation.

China is a great country and any attempt to contain China's development is doomed to failure, he said.

He appealed for stronger cooperation between the two countries and expressed belief that the bilateral strategic partnership will help Eritrea achieve economic and social development.

Premier Li Qiang also held talks with Isaias on Monday.

Trade between China and Eritrea grew by 32.2 percent year-on-year to $610 million in 2022, with China mainly exporting electronic and mechanical products and importing copper ore and leather products from the African nation.

Afwerki in China circa 1967 as a liberation fighter. The Eritrean people were guided by the immortal science of Marxism-Maoism-Hoxhaism to struggle for the liberation of their country.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Michael Bay already drafting the screenplay for 13 Hours 2

PawParole
Nov 16, 2019

https://twitter.com/sajid_nadeem78/status/1658165687393861637?cxt=HHwWioDS_Yi6_oIuAAAA

https://twitter.com/OLF_OLA/status/1657865580601393157

No peace in oromia it seems. Amhara hate him, Tigrays hate him, Oromos hate him, so how will abiy wiggle out of this one?

PawParole has issued a correction as of 03:17 on May 17, 2023

Zedhe Khoja
Nov 10, 2017

sürgünden selamlar
yıkıcılar ulusuna

PawParole posted:

https://twitter.com/sajid_nadeem78/status/1658165687393861637?cxt=HHwWioDS_Yi6_oIuAAAA

https://twitter.com/OLF_OLA/status/1657865580601393157

No peace in oromia it seems. Amhara hate him, Tigrays hate him, Oromos hate him, so how will abiy wiggle out of this one?
well if all the factions trying to off him are in perfect balance...

PawParole
Nov 16, 2019

https://twitter.com/sajid_nadeem78/status/1658787435763888128?cxt=HHwWgMCzqcuYmYUuAAAA

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/AP/status/1659231573131001861?s=20

Mister Bates
Aug 4, 2010

who must go to Riyadh?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/washingtonpost/status/1659342068177866753?s=20

quote:

QORQANYA, Syria — U.S. military officials are walking back claims that a recent strike in Syria killed an influential al-Qaeda figure, following assertions by the dead man’s family that he had no ties to terrorists but was a father of 10 tending to his sheep when he was slain by an American missile.