Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

1st Sgt. Matthews and the men have Procured for me a cummerbund from a traveling gypsy, who screeched Victory shall come at a Terrible price. i am Honored.

Bird in a Blender posted:

Like a hat tournament? Nicely done.

Yeah, hat tournament. I got a teammate who I played with in 2019 in a different tournament in which we finished near-last, so we were happy to do better. Super fun group, and Korean food continues to be awesome.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
For Mother's Day I'm thinking of watching Psycho.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Abugadu posted:

Went to a frisbee tournament in S Korea where the players/teams are scrambled, and got 1st place + mvp.

Feels good man.

I’m so glad this is the year we can travel overseas again, I missed international sports tourney trips. Not like I have the leash to leave the baby with the missus anytime soon, but business trips and sports club away days may happen again.

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Who needs on-field skills when you can dance like this?

Fun Shoe

TITTIEKISSER69 posted:

There's an 85-minute documentary about him which is a good watch.

There's a mini-sequel too where they go back and see Rebney on his 87th birthday

https://vimeo.com/200423728

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
Already brought Braks some donuts and a kolache, and later on we’re all going down to my moms for burgers and grilled chicken and a dip in Granny’s pool where she gets to try out her new float.

Happy Mother’s Day!

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench
Having done MDMA, my reports are I love music and being around people, and they don't

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Lol at the line of dads outside the Dollar Tree waiting for it to open.

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Unofficial Goon Disney travel agent since 2014!

Tens of Goons served!

So lame and sad.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost

Abugadu posted:

Went to a frisbee tournament in S Korea where the players/teams are scrambled, and got 1st place + mvp.

Feels good man.

Nice work, congrats!

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
I've decided I'm gonna try to bike to a different diner around the city for breakfast each week or so because biking rocks and diners rock and Chicago has a lotta good diners.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!
My sister who just moved nearby wanted to do a Mother's Day brunch at a restaurant at $55 a person, and the rest of the family roundly rejected it. I told her Mother's Day is the 2nd worst day of the year to go out to eat, only after Valentine's.

Got a dozen 8 oz filets in vacuum seal, waiting on the sous vide to start at 3 PM.

Sibling competition. Gottaa love it.

Samadhi
May 13, 2001

Hot Diggity! posted:

I've decided I'm gonna try to bike to a different diner around the city for breakfast each week or so because biking rocks and diners rock and Chicago has a lotta good diners.

Not sure how the Chicago one is (it's just licensing the name from the owner in Madison and has no other ties) but Gotham Bagels generally slaps

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost

GD_American posted:

My sister who just moved nearby wanted to do a Mother's Day brunch at a restaurant at $55 a person, and the rest of the family roundly rejected it. I told her Mother's Day is the 2nd worst day of the year to go out to eat, only after Valentine's.

Got a dozen 8 oz filets in vacuum seal, waiting on the sous vide to start at 3 PM.

Sibling competition. Gottaa love it.

You've won, $1 beers/drinks and a perfectly cooked steak (you can do that right?) >>> restaurant hell on a amateur day out

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

Just serve her breakfast in bed and eat her out as tradition demands

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!

Ether Frenzy posted:

You've won, $1 beers/drinks and a perfectly cooked steak (you can do that right?) >>> restaurant hell on a amateur day out

sous vide is the cheat code, I haven't hosed up a steak since I got it.

The deck was stacked against sis from the beginning, honestly. Mom loves filets and we've done them three years in a row :)

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
To celebrate Mother's Day I'll go to the mausoleum where her ashes are interred then see an appropriate movie, Beau is Afraid.

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

Qwijib0 posted:

There's a mini-sequel too where they go back and see Rebney on his 87th birthday

https://vimeo.com/200423728

:3:

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
Mother's Day here thus far has involved sleeping in too drat late and getting a cheesesteak on the way to the zoo. Fortunately, these are all things that my wife enjoys.

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

Hot Diggity! posted:

I think I’m going to buy a new bike because my current one just sits on my trainer and I’m too lazy to take it off and put the tire back on to take it places. Bikes rule and our new place has a lot of robust biking infrastructure around it so I want to take advantage of it while the weather is still good.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

https://twitter.com/abby4thepeople/status/1657702516891721730

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

Freaquency posted:

I think I’m going to buy a new bike because my current one just sits on my trainer and I’m too lazy to take it off and put the tire back on to take it places. Bikes rule and our new place has a lot of robust biking infrastructure around it so I want to take advantage of it while the weather is still good.

Hell yeah what kind are you thinking? I'm considering getting a Surly for longer trips once I'm more in biking shape, but for the time being I've got my dad's Falcon frame from the 70's that I've swapped basically every other part out of. Works great for daily use in the city, but the sucker is heavy.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

Hot Diggity! posted:

I used to do this back in the day and it really is a fantastic way to start your Sunday. I didn’t go to a ton of different diners, I had a group of like 6 places I’d rotate around, but bike to breakfast, bike to the farmers market for produce and hang out was like my every Sunday. I miss it so much.

MaximilianK
Jan 8, 2022

harperdc posted:

I’m so glad this is the year we can travel overseas again, I missed international sports tourney trips. Not like I have the leash to leave the baby with the missus anytime soon, but business trips and sports club away days may happen again.

Playing rugby in Europe was always awesome except for the part where I got my rear end handed to me every time.

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg
Oct 4, 2004

ha, ha, ha, og me ekam

Tulalip Tulips posted:

I had weirdly good french onion soup on a hot rear end day and spent a ton of time in a pretty empty pool so today was a success.

I'd recommend putting some water in the pool... Definitely makes the experience better!

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
How are you supposed to skateboard in a pool filled with water

Its Rinaldo fucked around with this message at 20:10 on May 14, 2023

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

Hot Diggity! posted:

Hell yeah what kind are you thinking? I'm considering getting a Surly for longer trips once I'm more in biking shape, but for the time being I've got my dad's Falcon frame from the 70's that I've swapped basically every other part out of. Works great for daily use in the city, but the sucker is heavy.

I’ve been thinking about getting something from Specialized, but honestly I’m really tempted by this beauty. I’ve never ridden a belt driven bike before but I’m intrigued.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

https://twitter.com/bravemule/status/1657818770281209857?s=46&t=JBd6ZXmGQ3LmWL-ineTnAA

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Watching the game 7 and I just saw an ad for a show starring both Johnny Knoxville and Eric Andre about pranks and manages to look unwatchably terrible. Shouldn't be possible

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Unofficial Goon Disney travel agent since 2014!

Tens of Goons served!

dirty shrimp money posted:

Just serve her breakfast in bed and eat her out as tradition demands

This guy gets it.

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

Kalli posted:

Watching the game 7 and I just saw an ad for a show starring both Johnny Knoxville and Eric Andre about pranks and manages to look unwatchably terrible. Shouldn't be possible

I had the same thought last night when I saw an ad for it during the XFL Championship game. Network TV just sucks everything fun out of its stars, I guess

T-Square
May 14, 2009

I went to pick up a couple things at the grocery store this morning and hoards of people were descending on the poor little florist section and clogging up the whole place lol

And now my sister who constantly changes plans at the last second decided we’re going out for Mothers Day dinner instead of cooking at their house so we’ll see how that goes!

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

my mother in law came over, she got here at about 9:30, wanted to go to Eureka (the restaurant, not the city) for a "steak on a salad". We got there just before they opened at 11, and when we were leaving at around 12:30 maybe half the tables were full. Very low stress, ate outside in absolutely perfect weather, it's not a cheap place to eat but whatever. Then I changed her wiper blades and she went home. Not bad.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

Thanks had to explain to my gf what I was laughing about and she called me an idiot. Mostly because I’ve spent hours building dumb poo poo and laughing about it.

My most recent favorite was creating a Knight Halberd Halberd so I could stab dudes 40ft away

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Steeeeriiiiiiiiike twooooooo!

Joey Freshwater posted:

My most recent favorite was creating a Knight Halberd Halberd so I could stab dudes 40ft away

My wife had a log on a two-handed sword that turned a whole lot of chuchus into jelly in one swing.

She is also much better at it than me, which I learned watching her take a base by just alternating face shots on three guys and them gaining no ground on her with the knockback and recovery time.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

Blowjob Overtime posted:

My wife had a log on a two-handed sword that turned a whole lot of chuchus into jelly in one swing.

She is also much better at it than me, which I learned watching her take a base by just alternating face shots on three guys and them gaining no ground on her with the knockback and recovery time.

Just amazing. Never even thought of using a log

I haven’t even progressed that far into the story because 90% of my time is spent going “huh wonder if I can do this”

I only just figured out that you can throw items instead of just attaching them to an arrow. They don’t go as far but works great when you’re out of arrows

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

Android Apocalypse posted:

To celebrate Mother's Day I'll go to the mausoleum where her ashes are interred then see an appropriate movie, Beau is Afraid.

Update: I thought Psycho was probably the worst movie to see in relation to Mother's Day…

Then I saw Beau is Afraid. I'd like to think I'm a big Ari Aster stan, and I think this is his "funniest" film… but it didn't land for me IMO.

I'm going to do my laundry and bitch about this on CineD.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Android Apocalypse posted:

Update: I thought Psycho was probably the worst movie to see in relation to Mother's Day…

Then I saw Beau is Afraid. I'd like to think I'm a big Ari Aster stan, and I think this is his "funniest" film… but it didn't land for me IMO.

I'm going to do my laundry and bitch about this on CineD.

Mommy Dearest? Mother?

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
We had to let Panda rest today. She fought the kidney disease so hard but she was just so tired

Hug your pets y’all

Its Rinaldo fucked around with this message at 02:10 on May 15, 2023

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

Oh no, sorry Rinaldo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Its Rinaldo posted:

We had to let Panda rest today. She fought the kidney disease so hard but she was just so tired

Hug your pets y’all

Sorry buddy.