Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: 16-bit Butt-Head)

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

shyduck posted:

Elon Musk is Batman

that cant be right, batmans high tech gadgets actually work

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

shyduck posted:

Elon Musk is Batman

Does a bunch of performative bullshit with high tech toys while ignoring or actively benefitting from larger scale corruption that is plaguing society? Seems about right.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

shyduck posted:

Elon Musk is Batman

They are both Win.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug
Just needs Thomas Wayne to be alive again, and start loving Robin.

Pyrus Malus
Nov 22, 2007
APPLES
my dad told me a story today where some 90 year old dude in his neighborhood bought a tesla and my stepmom wanted to go for a ride thinking he'd just take her around the block and this dude instead popped off the exit and was doing like 150mph on the interstate

concerning

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

Pyrus Malus posted:

my dad told me a story today where some 90 year old dude in his neighborhood bought a tesla and my stepmom wanted to go for a ride thinking he'd just take her around the block and this dude instead popped off the exit and was doing like 150mph on the interstate

concerning
yeah I've been seeing more geezers in Teslas these days and I just reflexively try to stay the gently caress away as best as possible

pink noise
Jun 24, 2022
yea i see 1 or 2 teslas when i commute to the corporate parks in rush hour, i see half a dozen when i shop for groceries at 10am on a weekday

LegoMan
Mar 17, 2002

ting ting ting

College Slice
Every fifth car in a Portland Suburb area is a Tesla

DirtyRobot
Dec 15, 2003

it was a normally happy sunny day... but Dirty Robot was dirty
"At this point, I think know... more about manufacturing than... anyone currently alive... on earth."

https://i.imgur.com/sFn235X.mp4

I hate him

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN
pfft pretty much every ted talk says something like that

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

At this point, I think I know more about hating Musk than anyone currently alive on Earth

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug
*cant make car panels align properly*
IMA BESTEST MAKER OF THINGS IN THE WORLD!

Beeftweeter posted:

pfft pretty much every ted talk says something like that

Ted Talks are for the rich to pretend to care about a subject for 10 minutes.
Then totally ignore it and do whatever the gently caress they were doing before and after.
The whole event is a massive cloud of methane, the amount of fart huffing and sampling that goes on.

lurkeskywalker
Jul 12, 2016

shyduck posted:

Elon Musk is Batman

...if Batman had a chest like an upright freezer, an affinity with white nationalists and a head dense enough bend light, then yes..

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack

lurkeskywalker posted:

...if Batman had a chest like an upright freezer, an affinity with white nationalists and a head dense enough bend light, then yes..

which, let's be real, if batman was real, he would

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

being able to mentally calculate the square root of 4 digit numbers is dumb as hell. useless fuckin skill.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Elon is corrupt, and will hopefully be punished same day

Al!
Apr 2, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
elon musk is matter eater lad

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

Pyrus Malus posted:

concerning

what a chad

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

DirtyRobot posted:

"At this point, I think know... more about manufacturing than... anyone currently alive... on earth."

I hate him

If he and Trump meet and engage in a battle of wits about who knows the most about manufacturing, we could get so lucky and will be annihilated by the resulting singularity.

Edit: Also imagine being one of the 2-3 rubes in the audience hootin' and hollerin' for this poo poo.
Particularly the one clapping like a trained sea lion in the bottom right corner.

mcbexx has issued a correction as of 20:20 on May 14, 2023

Escape Goat
Jan 30, 2009

shyduck posted:

Elon Musk is Batman

(christian bale batman voice) I'm rish bish

Antonymous
Apr 4, 2009

DirtyRobot posted:

I hate him

there's gotta be some guy in china who actually does know more than anyone else which is cool 2 think about

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

I NEED THOSE MEMES ALFRED. THE JOKER HAS PLANTED 420 BOMBS IN, HUHHUH, 69 CITIES

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

Antonymous posted:

there's gotta be some guy in china who actually does know more than anyone else which is cool 2 think about

That’s not really how systems work though? There are going to be a bunch of people with specific domain knowledge, and other people with less specialized knowledge tying it together. No one person can actually understand all the details, the whole point is that well developed processes across specializations can be more productive than any individual contribution.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

That’s not really how systems work though? There are going to be a bunch of people with specific domain knowledge, and other people with less specialized knowledge tying it together. No one person can actually understand all the details, the whole point is that well developed processes across specializations can be more productive than any individual contribution.

Concerning.

Antonymous
Apr 4, 2009

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

no. we need heroes

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep

shyduck posted:

Elon Musk is Batman

Ian Miles Chong is Robin

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Antonymous posted:

no. we need heroes

:actually: it's the Lex Luthor types who know more than anybody else.

So Bezos I guess.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

Source?

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

trucutru posted:

:actually: it's the Lex Luthor types who know more than anybody else.

So Bezos I guess.

The innovative geniuses of our time Bezos, Jobs, and Musk respectively made a mail order company but with a website, an updated Walkman, and shiity versions of rockets NASA made 50 years ago.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
The iPod ftw.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

1glitch0 posted:

The innovative geniuses of our time Bezos, Jobs, and Musk respectively made a mail order company but with a website, an updated Walkman, and shiity versions of rockets NASA made 50 years ago.

mad?

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

Pyrus Malus posted:

concerning

so i'm a dude that cant afford a house but can afford some fun vehicles and the funniest thing is when a tesla lines up vs either my miata or my liter bike and wants to Stoplight Race it, and they gun it and take off before they remember that they are live streaming their DriverScore to tesla and their insurance will go up if they commit to it, so they back off and pretend they were just faking it. every time. every filthy white model S that tire chirps me will pump the brakes at like 62mph and pretend they didnt do it

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020

Jonny 290 posted:

so i'm a dude that cant afford a house but can afford some fun vehicles and the funniest thing is when a tesla lines up vs either my miata or my liter bike and wants to Stoplight Race it, and they gun it and take off before they remember that they are live streaming their DriverScore to tesla and their insurance will go up if they commit to it, so they back off and pretend they were just faking it. every time. every filthy white model S that tire chirps me will pump the brakes at like 62mph and pretend they didnt do it

Concerning

Dixon Chisholm
Jan 2, 2020
i druve a spark

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

Someone out there’s gotta know the most stuff

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider
miata in the musk thread, shameful

Shipon
Nov 7, 2005
lol how is a miata a "bougie" vehicle

Just a Moron
Nov 11, 2021

That DICK! posted:

Someone out there’s gotta know the most stuff

:hmmyes:

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack

Shipon posted:

lol how is a miata a "bougie" vehicle

he said "fun" which they objectively are

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Miatas are off topic.