Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

Remember to delete your character after Breach to get the ending Yoko Taro intended

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

We don't have any info (positive or negative) on whether Another Criterion's reward structure will change for the new one? Double doorboss for any rewards is rough.

On that note, two of us going in semi-blind (stress-testing an injured guildy's ability to sit for long enough to do static stuff, he seems to be all right) we got Silkie down and ~halfway through the second one in one 90-minute run that included a power outage. The other two party members have farmed it enough to get chairs, so we had good guides.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

Chillgamesh posted:

The XIV world was a hair's-breadth away from turning into a hosed up disaster world like NieR's

In as much as the WoL being on the First at all required several bits of time travel bullshit to line up right, maybe. Those robots quite literally did not know who they were dealing with.

Edit: Though I guess those robots would have been hosed anyway if the Eighth Umbral Calamity had happened and the First got rejoined.

Cabbit fucked around with this message at 04:08 on May 14, 2023

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

Antivehicular posted:

Dude, the loving camera angles

Those are not platonic horror camera angles

As far as I'm aware, this is completely in theme for Yoko Taro.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!

Cabbit posted:

In as much as the WoL being on the First at all required several bits of time travel bullshit to line up right, maybe. Those robots quite literally did not know who they were dealing with.

Edit: Though I guess those robots would have been hosed anyway if the Eighth Umbral Calamity had happened and the First got rejoined.

I mean, technically the robots didn't turn up until after that point, so it's possible they would've lodged themselves in a different shard.

Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

Still waiting for the Geralt crossover.

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

Chillgamesh posted:

Anogg and Konogg were Dwarven Devola and Popola

:aaaaa: im dumb as poo poo and didn't connect this till just now but granted i also keep forgetting to go do the town stuff that crops up after the tower

Waffleman_ posted:

The problem is that they focused too much on the Ivalice game I didn't play

:same: but also the voice acting for the final boss of the lighthouse and the entirety of orbonne are loving cash money and some of the best poo poo in the entire loving game. even if that jerk at the end of orbonne loves repeating her summons line constantly.

anyway, where's the loving granblue fantasy crossover square you fucks you did an ffxi one in gbf do a gbf one in xiv now :argh:

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!

Kitfox88 posted:

:same: but also the voice acting for the final boss of the lighthouse and the entirety of orbonne are loving cash money and some of the best poo poo in the entire loving game. even if that jerk at the end of orbonne loves repeating her summons line constantly.

I'll still fight anyone who thinks that Thunder God Cid is the best voice acting in Orbonne. He's fine, but he's pretty flat, especially compared to Agrias.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Cid mostly just has the most hardcore lines

The gods will not be watching

It would be funny if you had done Ivalice, there was a scene in Myths where the gods are like "oh no we were watching that poo poo was badass"

Waffleman_ fucked around with this message at 06:16 on May 14, 2023

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Yeah Agrias' VA work is better and Cid's lines are better.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

Waffleman_ posted:

Cid mostly just has the most hardcore lines

The gods will not be watching

Or listening, so you can scream all you like.

MadFriarAvelyn
Sep 25, 2007

6.5 hits and the last alliance raid drops. Hit the final trash pull and it's Agrias and Cid at the same time. Turns out the gods were watching and they deemed them badass.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Pwnstar posted:

Still waiting for the Geralt crossover.

Well, Monster Hunter World crossed over with Eorzea, and Geralt had a crossover in MHW, so in a sense, they're all related.

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

the_steve posted:

Well, Monster Hunter World crossed over with Eorzea, and Geralt had a crossover in MHW, so in a sense, they're all related.

So what you're saying is, via the Monster Hunter > Metal Gear connection, we're due for an Ape Escape crossover.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t17KDr5M37A

Dareon fucked around with this message at 14:57 on May 14, 2023

gtrmp
Sep 29, 2008

Oba-Ma... Oba-Ma! Oba-Ma, aasha deh!

Waffleman_ posted:

Also the orb is not meant to be horny it is meant to be hosed up and weird

counterpoint: it's a Nier story by Yoko Taro

Thundarr posted:

I think the presence of 2B / 2P in XIV is meant to have about the same narrative weight as their appearance in SoulCalibur 6. They're here to draw eyes to the story Yoko Taro wanted to tell about some sad dwarves.

I remain 100% convinced that Yoko Taro created 2P specifically as a diegetic explanation for 2B's palette swap in SoulCalibur 6, and extrapolated the rest of the alliance raid storyline backwards from there.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

gtrmp posted:

I remain 100% convinced that Yoko Taro created 2P specifically as a diegetic explanation for 2B's palette swap in SoulCalibur 6, and extrapolated the rest of the alliance raid storyline backwards from there.

He absolutely did and it was a pretty funny way to create lore for a fitemans alt color.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!

gtrmp posted:

counterpoint: it's a Nier story by Yoko Taro

Exactly.

It can be both horny and hosed up and weird.

EDIT: In other news, let's build up the man's insane mythos.

https://twitter.com/Dreamboum/status/1657744292134240263

Cleretic fucked around with this message at 15:22 on May 14, 2023

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

Cleretic posted:

Exactly.

No fuckin way I can't believe he was there

WrightOfWay
Jul 24, 2010

The Forest Gump of video games.

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

i choose to believe that yoship has been present at all major mmo incidents

he proof-read furor's plane of time rant and gave it a thumbs down but it got published anyway

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.
Did yoship ever encounter goon fleet?

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

yoship was probably in goon fleet

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Remembering how Yoship was a Zangief main who trashed the devs during a playtest of one of the games so hard that they nerfed Zangief just because of him.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
yoship is going to reveal that he was God Poing

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Yoshi-P was patient zero of Corrupted Blood

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

Yoshi-P was the first victim of a Living Bomb outside of MC

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Yoshi-P drives the battlebus

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

Scarab Lord Yoshi-P

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

I note he doesn’t deny being the shooter there…

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Sadly I'm pretty sure the assassin's identity is known, and its not Yoshi-P.

Unless...

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Yeah the assassin is known and it's not Yoshida. I do believe him when he says he was there, it was a sizable crowd and most of the early UO players were there, Lord British appearances were A Whole Thing. The guy who did it didn't even intend to kill Lord British, he was just doing a "what would happen if I do this" and he thought LB would have protections against ganking.

I wonder if Yoship plays CC.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Galaga Galaxian posted:

Sadly I'm pretty sure the assassin's identity is known, and its not Yoshi-P.

Unless...

there was a second shooter

Khizan
Jul 30, 2013

Kwyndig posted:

I wonder if Yoship plays CC.

He does, people have posted pictures of him in their matches. Lalafell BLM named Yoshi'p Sampo, which is a reserved name for him on all servers. From what I've heard he hit crystal on JP servers.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Cleretic posted:

Exactly.

It is amazing how in Japan right when their MMO project was floundering, they really did have a guy who had experience with western MMOs all the way from the beginning

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

More lore there... The solo play test

https://twitter.com/Dreamboum/status/1657487507737440261?t=uJDKJrQkiPdz4IBuLnoPsg&s=19

Tamba
Apr 5, 2010

I did the Amaurot part of Shadowbringers at like 3am and that sure was an interesting experience compared to the usual MSQ experience of a horde of players at every quest step.

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.

Do you think the QA characters get to have nice special glamours? I always ended up defaulting to whatever character's the fastest to make while testing poo poo, given that they get nuked at the end of the day, but MMOs have this whole persistency infrastructure that makes me really curious as to how it'd work

e: i wonder if the QAs for XIV have to be like, actually good at it

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

goblin week posted:

e: i wonder if the QAs for XIV have to be like, actually good at it

I think they said once they had to switch someone out of their dungeon test team because they'd got too good

Oneiros
Jan 12, 2007

iirc the explanation for p8s' original enrage tuning was that the team just got too drat good at it so when they tacked on the "actual raiders are n% better" tax and shipped it hilarity ensued

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

Qwertycoatl posted:

I think they said once they had to switch someone out of their dungeon test team because they'd got too good

Didn't one of the recent high-end raids have a bunch of issues because the QA team had gotten too good?