Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Spuckuk
Aug 11, 2009

Being a bastard works

Eat My Fuc posted:

I wish AEW had women like Rhea and Bianca, they’re incredible workers and have so much charisma. I don’t think they’ll ever catch up to WWE women’s division though, Saraya is bad and their women are just mediocre in ring or they’re great but unused like Shida. Even Jade who is awesome as gently caress is not a star because Tony has no idea what to do with her, she should be having a similar run by now instead she’s treading water.

Rhea continues to kill it and elevate her entire faction, somehow this faction with a dumb name survived kicking out it’s founding member and turned everybody in it into a top of the card wrestler, I expected them all to fail but i’m glad to be wrong, even Priest has shown a lot of potential I didn’t see at all when he was in NXT.

*Laughs in Jamie Hayter*

:hayter::hayter::hayter:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

oldpainless posted:

Remake the HHh with all the titles pic but with Roman

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

:pray:

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD

The fed is too cowardly to do this even though it would rule. I still wouldn’t watch the product though

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Needs the oil rumble belt too

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Eat My Fuc posted:

I wish AEW had women like Rhea and Bianca, they’re incredible workers and have so much charisma. I don’t think they’ll ever catch up to WWE women’s division though, Saraya is bad and their women are just mediocre in ring or they’re great but unused like Shida. Even Jade who is awesome as gently caress is not a star because Tony has no idea what to do with her, she should be having a similar run by now instead she’s treading water.

Rhea continues to kill it and elevate her entire faction, somehow this faction with a dumb name survived kicking out it’s founding member and turned everybody in it into a top of the card wrestler, I expected them all to fail but i’m glad to be wrong, even Priest has shown a lot of potential I didn’t see at all when he was in NXT.

AEW has at least five different lady wrestlers who are better than Rhea and Bianca

Duke Pukem
Oct 23, 2010

Three cheers for dark beer!

I would consider Jade a star

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Seams posted:

The fed is too cowardly to do this even though it would rule. I still wouldn’t watch the product though

There was once a company brave enough

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Didn’t brock have a green briefcase at some point

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

https://twitter.com/trillyrobinson/status/1657767105582989318?s=20

Why did I not realise NXT was the home of such innovative wrestling?

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

forkboy84 posted:

is the point of the move to show how in shape he is and not to be more damaging? Because it reminds me of Hero in ROH when he we do all this cardio around the ring.

Lethrom
Jul 12, 2010

History Comes Inside! posted:

Didn’t brock have a green briefcase at some point

Yea, and it had speakers in it and he would carry it like a boombox.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
The photo of HHH with the diva belt reminds me of a gag where someone was the MITB case holder and kept approaching champions throughout the night and sorta eying them up and even implied they might challenge for the divas belt, who was it? I wanna say Punk or Miz

El Gallinero Gros fucked around with this message at 17:16 on May 14, 2023

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

forkboy84 posted:

*Byron Saxton dressed as an astronaut holding a gun*

"Always has been."

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

El Gallinero Gros posted:

The photo of HHH with the diva belt reminds me of a gag where someone was the MITB case holder and kept approaching champions throughout the night and sorta eying them up and even implied they might challenge for the divas belt, who was it? I wanna say Punk or Miz

Punk and Maryse, yeah

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

forkboy84 posted:

This is cool but it would be better if the wrestler doing it found a way to do it while also landing on his knees

Lurks With Wolves
Jan 14, 2013

At least I don't dance with them, right?

Shard posted:

is the point of the move to show how in shape he is and not to be more damaging? Because it reminds me of Hero in ROH when he we do all this cardio around the ring.

It's probably supposed to be a buckshot lariat thing where it feels like the flip should add more kinetic force despite physics not working that way. But when the other guy has to be in the ropes before you start the move it just adds too many steps and the match loses momentum.

Still, it could be a cool spot for a tag match. Your partner gets the other guy in the ropes and tags you in, you're already in position so you can go straight to doing a cool jumping suplex, it'd be a neat moment. But it's just weird in a singles match.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

projecthalaxy posted:

Punk and Maryse, yeah

Instead Punk only became Diva champion when he got to AEW

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

Rarity posted:

LoL

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Rarity posted:

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

https://twitter.com/BossMoz/status/1330748538234388481?s=20

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Thank you so much

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Rarity posted:

lol

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

Rarity posted:

drat fine joke

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

This is genuinely badass…

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

forkboy84 posted:

I like the over the ropes into the German Suplex part of that. The part setting that up takes too long.

But I can never really be truly mad at wrestling moves that are silly and don't really make sense. The People's Elbow never made sense but it ruled

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

forkboy84 posted:

Just... why?

I keep thinking about the Impact clips that get posted on here via Twitter vs WWE ones, and honestly, at least the Impact ones make me think "oh, maybe I should check them out sooner or later." Nothing from the WWE clips does that for me.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I mean to be fair we all go nuts for a guy doing a flip over the rope and coming to a complete stop before hitting a lariat.

bartok
May 10, 2006

all he needs to do is knee the guy in the head when he flips over the rope and I got no complaints

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

MJeff posted:

I mean to be fair we all go nuts for a guy doing a flip over the rope and coming to a complete stop before hitting a lariat.

That move is less convoluted

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

MJeff posted:

You forgot fall on your skinny fat rear end and break your foot that’s half the set up

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Eat My Fuc posted:

You forgot fall on your skinny fat rear end and break your foot that’s half the set up

Rubber chicken, loser, cuck belt, etc.

bartok
May 10, 2006

It's a shame we never got a Punk/Cody feud in AEW. That would have been a fun mess.

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006

Codependent Poster posted:

I like the over the ropes into the German Suplex part of that. The part setting that up takes too long.

But I can never really be truly mad at wrestling moves that are silly and don't really make sense. The People's Elbow never made sense but it ruled

See also.
hogan Elbow drop
Socko
Superman punch
rikishis smell my butt in the corner turnbuckle

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

Moves are supposed to look cool and homie that ain't cool

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

It would look cooler if he wasn’t doing it at 3/4 speed with visible breaks

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!
It feels like when you're playing the 2K games and you try to do a cool combo but keep having to stop and reposition cause the timing/animation doesn't really flow together

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

It would be cool if it was done by good wrestlers instead of bad ones