Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug
Poor Gordon.
You would except Ed the Duck to do that sort of thing, but Gordon has a pure soul.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DesperateDan
Dec 10, 2005

Where's my cow?

Is that my cow?

No it isn't, but it still tramples my bloody lavender.
probably wouldn't be shocked if any establishment character got outed as a nonce or nonce enabler by now tbh

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Sometimes, in a city this dirty, you need a real hero.

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

If you get sacked then you don't get statutory redundancy pay. If you're offered an alternative role & don't take it without good reason - which sort of sounds like it - then you don't get it either. So it seems you pretty much got the statutory amount but without the hassle.
Seems like you may have had a case for 'constructive dismissal' (which I assume is what he meant by 'forced redundancy') but without knowing all the ins and outs, not sure you'd have been any better off financially and may have been a deal worse off in terms of mental health, future employability etc. I'm definitely not a lawyer nor an expert in this area though!

Yeah that was the term I was trying to remember. Been a few years now but constructive dismissal was the reason I went to the solicitor and such. He basically said the same thing. Could have a case, but because I just had the circumstances rather than absolutely everything in writing, it wasn't exactly a clear cut case. So I'd be better taking the settlement he suggested instead of trying to fight it.

Camrath posted:

Had the owner of my last ‘proper’ job (as opposed to self-employment) pull literally the exact same poo poo on me with my job position- pro tip, if you’re going to advertise someone’s job make sure they’re not the one who fields inquiries from Indeed about it.. (the reasoning I later found out was because it was I’m very obviously not Jewish, and it was a CST-funded security company providing cover to synagogues and some seriously dodge religious schools; I was also a labour member as this was 2016. Obviously this was never admitted to my face but through family connections we’re pretty plugged into that grapevine, and one of my mates was on the governors board for a couple of the institutions we covered).

Took them to ACAS and sued the hell out of them, ended up getting 22k for it all. Tbh I just wish they’d not been weird dicks about it all, as I genuinely loved the job for the most part.

Yeah, it's proper shady poo poo. I just wish I'd had the savvyness to get it all in writing and whatnot to take it to that level. I could smell something fishy was happening but after 7 years and one of the last original members of staff, I figured I was like one of the family.

The role I was being moved into was a new one my boss was "creating for me" too, but it was based around a small side project I did more as a hobby compared to my main role at the time and he took job spec sections from actual professional roles relating to the subject matter.

It was definitely one i wasn't qualified to do as a permanent full time position, so I could see he was trying to put me in this role and then cut me a few months later when I wasn't "performing to expectations".

He (and the power grabber) did the exact same thing to another member of the company who had more sway with the staff than either of them.

Sad thing for him was that he actually had an offer for a good job at another company, before they convinced him to stay.

My boss and the power-grabber, didn't want him to leave when he was planning to because he was part of the power grabbers team and pretty popular with everybody. So she was giving him special treatment as a means of endearing herself to everyone that had been at the company longer than her.

They gave him this role he wasn't qualified for, bumped up his salary and made him what sounded like a super sweet offer.

Roll on a few months after the power grabbing was entrenched and she implemented a new team structure putting all of the tenured staff onto one risky client account.

The expected happens (because she's crap at her job), the client leaves and she blames the team that she leads and then makes them all redundant.

Guy, that was given the new role, no longer has a purpose and is let go almost immediately after for not delivering what the company requires of his position. No redundancy for him from what I heard either.

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

happyhippy posted:

Sexy Gerry Adams

With Roose Bolton lurking in the background. :derp:

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!
Govt consultation on retaining EU employment law. Closing date 7th July 2023.
You can reply online.

https://www.gov.uk/government/consultations/retained-eu-employment-law-reforms

Summary
A consultation seeking views on reforms to the working time regulations, holiday pay, and the Transfer of Undertakings (Protection of Employment) Regulations (TUPE).

This consultation closes at
11:59pm on 7 July 2023

Consultation description
This consultation sets out proposals for key areas of retained EU employment law that the Department for Business and Trade (DBT) is responsible for.

The consultation seeks views on three areas of retained EU employment law which could benefit from reform:

record keeping requirements under the working time regulations
simplifying annual leave and holiday pay calculations in the working time regulations
consultation requirements under the Transfer of Undertakings (Protection of Employment) regulations (TUPE)

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
https://twitter.com/PriyamvadaGopal/status/1657358378388127745

The "more innocent time" idea is consistently one of the stupidest things ever.

Especially as it almost always means "more ignorant time". "We called our dogs slurs, but there were no blacks around to tell us not to and the ones that were didn't want to talk to us for some reason." "Also the suicide and child abuse rates were through the roof, but nobody ever spoke about it, which was a lot nicer for me and my dog Dirty Foreign oval office than them being low but having to hear about it all the time."

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Did they actually name the dog after h p lovecraft's cat lmao??

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear
they changed the bloody dog's name to Trigger for the film in 1955 ffs

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear
are the 1950s now considered a time of politically correct woke snowflake mumbo jumbo nonsense now

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Pillbug

OwlFancier posted:

Yup, its even in the Dambusters movie. Its on YT, try 'dambusters dog scene' and behold.

Umbra Dubium
Nov 23, 2007

The British Empire was built on cups of tea, and if you think I'm going into battle without one, you're sorely mistaken!

OwlFancier posted:

I believe the cat's name ended in "-man"

"More innocent days" my arse. They knew what they were doing.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

crispix posted:

they changed the bloody dog's name to Trigger for the film in 1955 ffs

No they didn’t that was dubbed in later

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear

History Comes Inside! posted:

No they didn’t that was dubbed in later

oh

well that invalidates my point, then

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Hastings just wants to say the word so badly, that's all there is to it. Looking forward to his "What's so bad about what the Pakistani national cricket team used to call themselves anyway?" article.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

You can say the word, nobody's stopping you from saying the word, but you gotta deal with the consequences.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Pillbug
Lol, it was also the code word they used to tell the dam was breached by the bombs.
Holy poo poo that was kept quiet.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

I had an argument with someone I used to work with a few weeks ago where their entire point came to, almost verbatim, “don’t tell me I can’t say something when I’m reality I can say what I want, because I’m allowed to be an rear end in a top hat if I want to be an rear end in a top hat”

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Again, you absolutely are, and other people are allowed to say "what an rear end in a top hat" and treat you like one as a result.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
When you're that used to privilege, consequences are oppression.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

History Comes Inside! posted:

I had an argument with someone I used to work with a few weeks ago where their entire point came to, almost verbatim, “don’t tell me I can’t say something when I’m reality I can say what I want, because I’m allowed to be an rear end in a top hat if I want to be an rear end in a top hat”

Better to say "you shouldn't" or better "I have a problem with" someone saying something. It's more active and makes it clear that you, personally, object to the sentiment. Saying "you can't say that" can be interpreted as "we'd all love to use those good slurs nowadays if it wasn't for the wokerati NPCs policing our very dreams!!!".

And if they keep at it just stick the loaf in. Doesn't matter how old they are, a good headbutt to the bridge of the nose always settles matters

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
wonder how many people who think the Dambusters raids were the epitome of heroism are OK with Russia trying to blow up nuclear plants in Ukraine

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Look when we do it it's called strategic bombing.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
I'm okay with a lot of things being done against nazis that I wouldn't otherwise be okay with. Even though it sucks that the slave laborers were caught up in it, that's entirely the fault of the people who decided that it was acceptable to have slaves.

I can believe that without hero worshipping the RAF, blanket excusing all of their actions e.g. in colonies, or calling my dog a slur though. It probably harms any supposed anti-nazi morality to claim, as Hastings does, that the RAF fought for the right to turn dogs racist.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting
I can't beleive Phillip schofield blew up a racist drat.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Pillbug
The way the movie shows it, its 'gently caress off dog', 'gently caress off dog cant come in here', 'gently caress of dog', until it runs out and gets killed.
Not exactly a welcome mascot.

Mega Comrade
Apr 22, 2004

Listen buddy, we all got problems!

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

Govt consultation on retaining EU employment law. Closing date 7th July 2023.

What is the point of these? They did one for selling channel 4, the vast majority of the responses were "don't do that" and the government initially just went ahead with it anyway.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

NotJustANumber99 posted:

I can't beleive Phillip schofield blew up a racist

https://twitter.com/HeadChefAtEat/status/1657396262939897857

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

Lmao

https://twitter.com/jamesjohnson252/status/1657793059747143683?s=46&t=m_nNbkNoHG4lLitcpyHReg

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Pillbug
Im the twat.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

happyhippy posted:

Im the twat.

Don't be so hard on yourself

MeinPanzer
Dec 20, 2004
anyone who reads Cinema Discusso for anything more than slackjawed trolling will see the shittiness in my posts
Listen, he may be a weak boring useless unsure bland smarmy liar, but at least he’s awful, unreliable, and arrogant.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

N-word Farage

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Filling in my part of the Annual Review form before giving to my line manager tomorrow for the AR following week.
Section: "Any issues you would like to raise" - well yes, actually, but I'm not willing to put them in writing!
Been putting it off for a week and have to finish it tonight.
I hate this time of year.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I got asked to do one annual review, and that was about three or four years ago.

Much like the "move to embrace data driven" where they surveyed us before they changed the software we used, and then never did the follow up survey.

Businesses seem full of people who have very big ideas that will change things, and then they just get forgotten by the wayside and never heard of again.

If I get an exit interview I do plan to mention to my manager some of the issues, as I don't think he's particularly fond of them either, but whether or not it does any good I'm not holding out hope for. Maybe it might make things a bit better for the people staying.

OwlFancier fucked around with this message at 21:34 on May 14, 2023

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes

...na?

...communist?

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Pillbug
We have quarterly reviews, but our manager has to ok it, and then its reviewed by a team of managers, and in the end they just care about the day to day stats they have recorded already.
And the merit increase/profit sharing that you get given from how well you do gets smaller every year.

Reviews are just more ammo HR can use against you that they can not record normally.
"Oh you said you weren't doing well in team communication here, so you admit your a bad team player.'

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear

Angepain posted:

...na?

...communist?

naaah

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

This is quite dystopian

https://twitter.com/TristanCorkPost/status/1657051766670651392

quote:

This effectively forbids the people living in the vans and caravans from talking to people who live in the homes nearby, but also could - in theory - ban them from texting, emailing, writing letters, leaving messages or posters on walls, or even posting on community Facebook pages where their messages could be read by a resident of Greenbank View.

The wording of the injunction also makes it a breach if the people living in the vans and caravans ‘instruct or encourage any other person’ from contacting ‘either directly or indirectly’, the residents of Greenbank View, which could also curtail any campaigners, supporters or even lawyers from messaging or posting on social media about the situation, if it would be read by a local resident.

Other behaviour written into the injunction includes many things which are illegal anyway, but would now mean someone living in a caravan or van on Greenbank View would be breaching the injunction as well as the relevant law, so could be arrested for that in the first instance.

The list of behaviours includes: parking on the footpath, or obstructing the pavement with furniture or bicycles; using aggressive, threatening, foul or intimidating language to anyone walking along Greenbank View; using any illegal drugs in any part of Greenbank View; leaving waste or flytipping their rubbish on the road, pavement or anywhere in the surrounding area, defecating and urinating in any public areas on Greenbank Road or anywhere in the surrounding area; storing wood underneath their vehicles; parking nose-to-nose with other vehicles, which increases the risk of fire spreading, and finally, playing loud music, shouting, revving engines or making other loud noises which can be heard by the residents of Greenbank View between 11pm and 7am.

This is an entire community who are now ostracised, and legally silenced for the upcoming purge/'gentrification'. The only reason why they are living there in caravans the first place is because of the soaring rents. If any of the dwellers are deemed in breach of the new order, they can have their home and possessions seized and destroyed. They are also there because there's no other place for them to go.

loving grim :(

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

fuctifino posted:

This is quite dystopian

https://twitter.com/TristanCorkPost/status/1657051766670651392

This is an entire community who are now ostracised, and legally silenced for the upcoming purge/'gentrification'. The only reason why they are living there in caravans the first place is because of the soaring rents. If any of the dwellers are deemed in breach of the new order, they can have their home and possessions seized and destroyed. They are also there because there's no other place for them to go.

loving grim :(

That is shocking!
Is it a designated caravan park at all? Or are they just parked up? (NOT that that makes a difference in this era of sky high rents etc). Just thinking we have residential caravan park areas round here.

Ed: should have read it more carefully!

Jaeluni Asjil fucked around with this message at 22:47 on May 14, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

I'm sure someone ITT does IT for a charity.

If so, could I PM you with a couple of questions regarding requirements for getting the charity discount licence for Microsoft 365 (we have it and as I understand we have to have a Microsoft certified approved professional for support which we have, but he is rather 'unresponsive' and we've had a security issue lately that luckily we noticed before any damage was done - namely my laptop logged me in to the CEO's Office & her email! She'd used my laptop once before I started work there!) I notified her and she changed her password & made the Brownie Guide promise that I hadn't read any of her stuff - which I hadn't).

I thought we had to have someone with Microsoft Certification of some sort, but recall reading that the particular Certification doesn't exist anymore o what should I be looking for?