Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Team Getting Victor
This poll is closed.
Pistons 7 17.07%
Spurs 14 34.15%
Rockets 2 4.88%
Blazers 4 9.76%
UCONN 6 14.63%
Other 8 19.51%
Total: 41 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

And someday, together.. We'll shine.

verbal enema posted:

Lebron Jamea is the greatest player of all time

Eat poo poo monkeu

you are not now fishing !!! THIS IS NOT THE GLOAT ABOUT DA GOAT THREAD! What are you doing here

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

hes a cavs fan he was born in the water and thought grabbing a gasp of air was dry land

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

lmao

Space Camp fuckup
Aug 2, 2003

E: Wrong thread

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
Welcome to the Knicks. Good season overall for a very young team at the core, got some good experience. The Heat just basically beat them at their own game which is rough but they are on the right track for the first time in many years.

Warriors, welcome as well. Very odd season, one that could have frankly ended up more disappointing, but they rallied all the way to the six seed despite going almost a month without winning a road game. I don't like the talk of this being over, they should bring it back at least one more time. Moody is just about ready to really contribute. Maybe Poole with less responsibility can go back to normal? Maybe?

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y61wOfrCSVI

I can watch the rest of the playoffs in peace now. It's nice.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

Ghost Dog posted:

hes a cavs fan he was born in the water and thought grabbing a gasp of air was dry land

What the gently caress!!!!

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

Rick posted:

Welcome to the Knicks. Good season overall for a very young team at the core, got some good experience. The Heat just basically beat them at their own game which is rough but they are on the right track for the first time in many years.

Warriors, welcome as well. Very odd season, one that could have frankly ended up more disappointing, but they rallied all the way to the six seed despite going almost a month without winning a road game. I don't like the talk of this being over, they should bring it back at least one more time. Moody is just about ready to really contribute. Maybe Poole with less responsibility can go back to normal? Maybe?

i just dont see it. curry clutched out still being top of his game this year, it's..tough to sustain that. i dunno. i just don't see it

snyprmag
Oct 9, 2005

The warriors were so small this year and that led to so many stretches of just bricking threes without defense or rebounds. Gotta get Looney and Curry some help

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

I kinda can't believe the Lakers are going to the western conference finals this year. If you had told me that in the fall I would have been laughing pretty hard.

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

The Ninth Layer posted:

I kinda can't believe the Lakers are going to the western conference finals this year. If you had told me that in the fall I would have been laughing pretty hard.

i dont think anyone knew the trades would be THAT strong for them. wild

TDepressionEarl
Oct 28, 2010

I'm trying to win the World Cup
but I'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps playing Argentina onside

fishing on the dock of the bay wasting time

snyprmag posted:

The warriors were so small this year and that led to so many stretches of just bricking threes without defense or rebounds. Gotta get Looney and Curry some help

yeah we could have used a Robin Lopez or his Balkan non-union equivalent. Even Bol Bol, Tacko Fall, or Thanasis Antetokounmpo would have had some significant minutes this year.

no, ultimately the team lost because shooters didn't show up. Obviously guards need to make their threes and they didn't, less obviously, forwards need to make their threes and in Game 6 they didn't. Curry choked Game 4 after surviving a potential choke to Sactown and couldn't drop 50 on demand to make up the difference.

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

TDepressionEarl posted:

fishing on the dock of the bay wasting time

yeah we could have used a Robin Lopez or his Balkan non-union equivalent. Even Bol Bol, Tacko Fall, or Thanasis Antetokounmpo would have had some significant minutes this year.

no, ultimately the team lost because shooters didn't show up. Obviously guards need to make their threes and they didn't, less obviously, forwards need to make their threes and in Game 6 they didn't. Curry choked Game 4 after surviving a potential choke to Sactown and couldn't drop 50 on demand to make up the difference.

i know this might be my Love for him but I don't know how much you can ascribe to Curry, if EACH TIME he needed support he didn't get it. I don't know.

Guess that is a diff between him and Lebron though right?

snyprmag
Oct 9, 2005

Not just some big stiff, but a stretch 4/5 Otto Porter Jr replacement so they could split up drey and looney for more shooting without giving up too much defense or rebounding. Neither j. Green or Kuminga could offer it in the playoffs, and I think they were hoping wiseman could do it but that obviously didn't work out.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
The Warriors weren't even in position for "Steph to lose them game 4" if he doesn't carry them to that point. I dunno I think the dude is amazing, so many games the Warriors had no business winning the past 2 years were Steph keeping the Warriors alive until someone else finally clicks into having a good game.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Rick posted:

The Warriors weren't even in position for "Steph to lose them game 4" if he doesn't carry them to that point. I dunno I think the dude is amazing, so many games the Warriors had no business winning the past 2 years were Steph keeping the Warriors alive until someone else finally clicks into having a good game.

After the first round people kept talking about championship DNA of the Warriors but it was Curry putting up a 50 piece that won them game 7

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

Rick posted:

last year's ring is just. truly incredible, honestly. this year doesn't take away from that.

but otoh again, this feels like The End

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
https://twitter.com/anthonyVslater/status/1657254207010013184

Lacob can't be happy about this

Porfiriato
Jan 4, 2016

It took scientists working around the clock in top research laboratories but we’ve finally found The Worst Take in the wake of the Suns’ loss

https://twitter.com/azcsports/status/1657138841298280450

Chronicles
Oct 24, 2013

So much of the Warriors magic is the offensive combo of Steph/Dray and shooters. Wiggins was incredibly key to last year and this postseason run. Him being hurt tonight and no shooting from Klay and Poole were the difference. The messed up thing is if either Poole or Draymond has to go it might need to be Dray because who the hell will take Poole now?

Chronicles
Oct 24, 2013

Kibner posted:

How many unprotected or lightly protected first round picks are coming the Pels way? Otherwise, it's an easy no.

Sorry I kinda assumed some kind of pick smoothing would be involved. Honestly I’m just spitballing. The Ayton/CP3 combo feels like it could be a good fit somewhere that needs playmaking and a solid big. Golden State maybe.
Also I know Paul has a large contract but not all of it is guaranteed. Suns obviously need something changed (maybe coach is all it takes).

That being said maybe they just need time and depth. Maybe the warriors need the same! Maybe the knicks need the same! Maybe I’ll say the say the same about the Lakers when they lose to Denver!

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

verbal enema posted:

Eat poo poo monkeu

Red Rox
Aug 24, 2004

Motel Midnight off the hook

verbal enema posted:

Eat poo poo monkeu

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

Chronicles posted:

Sorry I kinda assumed some kind of pick smoothing would be involved. Honestly I’m just spitballing. The Ayton/CP3 combo feels like it could be a good fit somewhere that needs playmaking and a solid big. Golden State maybe.
Also I know Paul has a large contract but not all of it is guaranteed. Suns obviously need something changed (maybe coach is all it takes).

That being said maybe they just need time and depth. Maybe the warriors need the same! Maybe the knicks need the same! Maybe I’ll say the say the same about the Lakers when they lose to Denver!
I hear ya. It's just from a Pels perspective, they need CJ's skills more than Paul's. Jose is probably their most important backup and is just a good, winning player.

Ayton is better than Jonas and could grow with the team. I don't think he is a big enough of a difference maker and his salary being 3x Jonas' could be an issue.

The Maestro
Feb 21, 2006
This man is a joke

https://twitter.com/teamvivalo/status/1657246516791083009?s=46&t=onxyh9cLuduaEE8VkMrnMQ

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
There was a really nice Steph/LeBron hug moment too although yeah Steph was taking it significantly harder.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
Lmao at getting mad at someone for hugging and smiling with friends after a series.

People handle poo poo differently.

three
Aug 9, 2007

i fantasize about ndamukong suh licking my doodoo hole

Dexo posted:

Lmao at getting mad at someone for hugging and smiling with friends after a series.

Draymond is such a mature master of his emotions he was quickly able to pivot from mourning to glee.

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

draymond is famous for his calm, cool exterior, yeah

Dynamite Dog
Dec 12, 2012

Sounds like Ja may have gotten caught on IG with a gun again

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Yep

https://twitter.com/ClutchPointsApp/status/1657704154800717826

The Maestro
Feb 21, 2006

Dexo posted:

Lmao at getting mad because you assumed somebody else is getting mad
The dude is such a LeBron fan he doesn’t even care that he lost, he’s just so happy for LeBron.

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

being able to move past life's difficulties and pains with ease seems like an admirable trait to me

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
Welcome to the Sixers and their fans. I mean that legitimately.

Sixers are a frustrating team to me. So much talent, but always endings like this. S till, with Embiid hurt the Sixers could have just rolled over this round and they did make a series out of it so good on them.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/TheAthletic/status/1657870465078108160

temple
Jul 29, 2006

I have actual skeletons in my closet
I like the sixers sorry we had to play them

https://twitter.com/Original_Gio/status/1657864233038798850

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

instant switch from sixers gloating to sixers whining

rjmccall
Sep 7, 2007

no worries friend
Fun Shoe
Is Embiid not considered part of the Process?

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

That's not fair to Zaire Smith the sixers nearly killed him by feeding him food he was allergic to

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

rjmccall posted:

Is Embiid not considered part of the Process?

hes a bust too