Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Oh, All-Knowing One, behold me!

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

You gotta make a stack

I'd kill for a stack

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

Ogre's such a loving bully this patch jesus christ. I love this hero so much. Been spamming him 2 and 3 a bunch lately, feels great.

Mortimer Knag
Nov 23, 2007

Geight posted:

As a support player I'm always laning with an idiot

Phoix
Jul 20, 2006

Geight posted:

I'd kill for a stack

The last time I had a stack we had to have a follow up discord call every few days to apologize. Just play solo and never respect another human

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Back when Dota2 was the new Valve game stacks were easy to come by but I was also kind of a jerk back then so people eventually stopped wanting to play with me. Now most folks I know would prefer to watch Dota or will play like 1-2 games a year, tops. Every time I've tried to make a pal *thru* the game it's turned out to be a situation where they're only fun and chill while winning and/or super duper racist and it just didn't come up in the first match. I am doomed to be a solo gamer but my penance is now I try to be nice to people and talk raging cores down from the ledge.

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

Geight posted:

Back when Dota2 was the new Valve game stacks were easy to come by but I was also kind of a jerk back then so people eventually stopped wanting to play with me. Now most folks I know would prefer to watch Dota or will play like 1-2 games a year, tops. Every time I've tried to make a pal *thru* the game it's turned out to be a situation where they're only fun and chill while winning and/or super duper racist and it just didn't come up in the first match. I am doomed to be a solo gamer but my penance is now I try to be nice to people and talk raging cores down from the ledge.

Every time I've added randoms it's gone bad in some way. There was one guy that seemed decent that I played a bunch of games with but it seemed like his attitude towards the game was to come home from work, get drunk, then play Dota which had pretty bad results as far as actually winning. Another time I got stuck in a bad game with two randoms that played pretty decently so we partied up and queued again, and the game was a little bad but still winnable. Some south american guy got on the mic and started giving ideas, in english, about what we should do and the two I was in a party with went berzerk when they heard his accent and the game ended up being unwinnable after all, because of them. Left the party after the game and apologized to the guy they were abusing.

armpit_enjoyer
Jan 25, 2023

my god. it's full of posts
My amount of reliable teammates started dwindling at the same time my gender started being A Problem™. Nowadays I keep to playing with a single stack and all of us have some amount of Gender™ going on. I might have to play nothing but pos 5, but at least the slur per game counter remainst at a steady 0.000.

Plank Walker
Aug 11, 2005
I hate playing with a full stack. Always feels like the opposing stack has some kind of plan with their draft compared to our plan which is pick 5 comfort heroes and whoops looks like we got zero disables or we accidentally picked all melee or end up with like no burst damage vs a huskar or something.

Oodles
Oct 31, 2005

Geight posted:

PFlax has a discord for his twitch subs, which has a room specifically for Dota. There’s usually 2 or 3 stacks on the go there each night. If you’ve got a prime sub kicking about, and you’re wanting to play in a stack give it a thought.

There’s a huge range of skill, from 10mmr to numbered immortals. But pretty much mid archon.

Uncle Spriggly
Jan 29, 2009
I find that duo is the best queuing and a full stack of randoms is the worst.

I've got a buddy who is a great dota player but also has the most frustrating thing about him. He will never buy wards / dust despite it just being a central concept to the game and he refuses to buy BKBs in any scenario. I could beg him to do either and he just won't budge. He will then talk about how jacked balance is after getting poo poo on by abilities during teamfights. He's just dota damaged I guess.

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

7.34 seems to have gotten rid of the showcase mode button and the report button on hero portraits, the latter of which still appears to be there but doesn't do anything anymore.

armpit_enjoyer
Jan 25, 2023

It's still in the game! It was moved to the scoreboard to make room for the new stats display.

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

I didn't realize Dagon has +spell lifesteal now. I need to buy that more often.

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

Nfcknblvbl posted:

I didn't realize Dagon has +spell lifesteal now. I need to buy that more often.

There's a cool interaction where Io can Dagon a creep while tethered and heal-bomb the poo poo out of your tethered buddy.

IceFrog posted:

Energy Burst now spell lifesteals 75% of damage done
Energy Burst now instantly kills non-Ancient creeps

:allears:

https://streamable.com/cafcwk

Sab669 fucked around with this message at 19:29 on May 9, 2023

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

I've been playing genuinely worse the past few days and I don't know why! I am trying to be a lot more mindful of my gameplay such as by thinking what I could have done better decision-wise and then trying to put that into practice and I am just making the absolute worst decisions and having even worse execution. I had a mid DK build a battlefury and I'm actually pretty sure I still played worse than him, somehow. I'm gonna be the first dude to end up losing ranking after getting bumped up a bracket by the recalibration.

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Cutest In The World, Six Time DDT Ironheavymetalweight champion, Two Time International Princess champion, winner of two tournaments, a Princess Tag Team champion, And a pretty good singer too!
"When I was an idol, I felt nothing every day but now that I'm a pro wrestler I'm in pain constantly!"

Geight posted:

I've been playing genuinely worse the past few days and I don't know why! I am trying to be a lot more mindful of my gameplay such as by thinking what I could have done better decision-wise and then trying to put that into practice and I am just making the absolute worst decisions and having even worse execution. I had a mid DK build a battlefury and I'm actually pretty sure I still played worse than him, somehow. I'm gonna be the first dude to end up losing ranking after getting bumped up a bracket by the recalibration.

this is a very normal step of the process. i get on again off again coaching from my 6k friend and trying to juggle everything you know you should be doing can be really brain destroying.

my advice is to pick 1 thing to work on at a time and let the sweet autopilot take over just a little bit.

its very difficult though, probably the hardest part of improving

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Cutest In The World, Six Time DDT Ironheavymetalweight champion, Two Time International Princess champion, winner of two tournaments, a Princess Tag Team champion, And a pretty good singer too!
"When I was an idol, I felt nothing every day but now that I'm a pro wrestler I'm in pain constantly!"

also i went up 2 stars in recalibration, lost them and regained them again tonight, it happens

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

The worst thing about PL these days is how much that hero can lag the game. I can't recall it ever being this bad.

RisqueBarber
Jul 10, 2005

Nfcknblvbl posted:

The worst thing about PL these days is how much that hero can lag the game. I can't recall it ever being this bad.

Same was just bitching about it last night.

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

ItohRespectArmy posted:

this is a very normal step of the process. i get on again off again coaching from my 6k friend and trying to juggle everything you know you should be doing can be really brain destroying.

my advice is to pick 1 thing to work on at a time and let the sweet autopilot take over just a little bit.

its very difficult though, probably the hardest part of improving

You are right and I appreciate you saying as much! Also it turns out that I can play a lot better when I'm not trying to queue after miserable shifts at work. Who could've guessed?

Mr.Acula
May 10, 2009

Billions and billions of fat clouds

I cant play dota unless i have a full day off the next day or i feel like im just pissing away my life(i am)

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

I used to be able to come home late and game even later but I'm getting older and work sucks way more so I finally have to settle for less, but better, games.

Mr.Acula
May 10, 2009

Billions and billions of fat clouds

My behavior score is tanked to poo poo because of abandoning games. Sometimes i just have other poo poo to do than babysit kids who are having a meltdown and I "I immediately regret my decision" out of queueing for a dota match at all. Getting it back up to 10k has been more difficult than the mmr itself.

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

The step before abandoning should be muting the team

Kill All Cops
Apr 11, 2007

Pacheco de Chocobo

Hell Gem
do that as soon as theres any salt thrown imo

and always keep enemy muted

Plank Walker
Aug 11, 2005
every game is now either a 25 min stomp where one team marches down mid and melts everything in their path or a 50 minute reversal where the team that's behind all game has a pl or dusa or someone come online and become unkillable, or a 60+ minute slog where both teams have someone become unkillable and the game is determined by whoever throws

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

Plank Walker posted:

every game is now either a 25 min stomp where one team marches down mid and melts everything in their path or a 50 minute reversal where the team that's behind all game has a pl or dusa or someone come online and become unkillable, or a 60+ minute slog where both teams have someone become unkillable and the game is determined by whoever throws

All games are either stomps, comebacks, or even. What other types of games are there?

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Nanomashoes posted:

All games are either stomps, comebacks, or even. What other types of games are there?

Lol

sugar free jazz
Mar 5, 2008

Nanomashoes posted:

a knock down drag out brawl, a stimulating discussion between equals, a delicate and sensual dance, as well as many others

cock hero flux
Apr 17, 2011

Nanomashoes posted:

a stalemate where one team has a winning advantage but is unable to convert it into an actual victory, leading to a match that lasts for over 2 hours and is decided by which team loses their will to live first rather than anything about the actual gameplay

sugar free jazz
Mar 5, 2008

cock hero flux posted:

a stalemate where one team has a winning advantage but is unable to convert it into an actual victory, leading to a match that lasts for over 2 hours and is decided by which team loses their will to live first rather than anything about the actual gameplay

craven malingerers putrefying in their own fear and self doubt

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Having Late is a time-honored tradition and sometimes the only viable path to victory

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST

Nanomashoes posted:

A Old-school Techies game where getting a decisive advantage take 20 minutes and getting highground takes 2 hours.

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Sometimes I feel weird about how techies got reworked because old techies was such an "only in Dota" thing but now he is really dang fun with the new shard/scepter and blast off just always stunning

oh hey 7.33c, with big buffs to me, the stackmaster and ward killer https://www.dota2.com/patches/7.33c

Geight fucked around with this message at 06:23 on May 14, 2023

armpit_enjoyer
Jan 25, 2023

I miss a lot of "only in dota things". Necro ulti making the respawn timer longer and disabling buyback? That's was great poo poo for me, the Necrophos player

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

armpit_enjoyer posted:

I miss a lot of "only in dota things". Necro ulti making the respawn timer longer and disabling buyback? That's was great poo poo for me, the Necrophos player

yes that was godly. also that you got (get?) a damage amp while the scythe was (is?) falling for epic dagonage

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
never forget the one game in 99999 where you disabled buyback on the enemy AM and won while they spammed slurs in the chat. GOldmine

Miss Lonelyhearts
Mar 22, 2003

What's the status of support Medusa after this patch??

Onehandclapping
Oct 21, 2010
medusa lost effectively 400 hp at level 1, so probably not looking hot as a support.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

sample size of 1 but i won a game with a support dusa on my team yesterday and the enemy team carry picked AM, went diffusal first item and then all-inned the supp dusa every single fight, usually dying in the process. Guy was two rank pips higher than anyone else in the game it was bizzare.