Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

Klungar in game, but Guild isn't showing up on the list to submit a invite request, presumably.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

I did not played it long, haha.

I have played similar games that had a strong RPG feel, and this one feels somewhat ... Capitalist?, is kind of a lot of the game kinda oriented to generate money. Cut a tree, get some coins.

Also, playing Zelda TOK at the moment.

Dryb
Jul 30, 2007

What did I do?
I am in as Dryb.

Aerox
Jan 8, 2012
Already in the guild as Aerox

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Does Ironwood not have any sort of AFK check? You can just endlessly mine for fish?

Ichabod Sexbeast
Dec 5, 2011

Giving 'em the old razzle-dazzle

Klungar posted:

Does Ironwood not have any sort of AFK check? You can just endlessly mine for fish?

You mine 16 fish
And what do you get?

Rynoto
Apr 27, 2009
It doesn't help that I'm fat as fuck, so my face shouldn't be shown off in the first place.

Klungar posted:

No and yes. The only thing you can't idle forever is combat which stops if you run out of hp or a craft that uses consumable resources (obviously). Combat hp can be countered with food which is automatically eaten when you fall under 50% hp.

Jhet
Jun 3, 2013

Klungar posted:

You'll run out of bait eventually, but yeah. It keeps going while you close the tab.

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Rynoto posted:

No and yes. The only thing you can't idle forever is combat which stops if you run out of hp or a craft that uses consumable resources (obviously). Combat hp can be countered with food which is automatically eaten when you fall under 50% hp.

Yeah, I’m just asking in comparison to something like Amaranthine, which has a 30 min AFK timer where if you don’t click on the pop up you just stop all your actions. Figured idle checks were a stalwart of the genre.

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

I thought rampant idling was the whole point. I’ve never played one that had an explicit idle check like that.

Feline Mind Meld
Jun 14, 2007

I'm pretty creeped out

SettingSun posted:

I thought rampant idling was the whole point. I’ve never played one that had an explicit idle check like that.

it wasn't a good mechanic

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Feline Mind Meld posted:

it wasn't a good mechanic

And yet most that try to be more an MMO in a browser and not an idle game with community properties. When you try to be more an MMO the trap feels required.

GetDunked
Dec 16, 2011

respectfully
Yeah I thought the whole idea with amaranthine was there was like an economy and trading and orders and stuff so they didn't want bots messing with it

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

Plaguing your posts with incidental music.
put in a join request as neongrey

Trastion
Jul 24, 2003
The one and only.

Crell posted:

GOONS has been made

Is there a way to search for guilds? I don't see it in the list at all/

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Trastion posted:

It'll only show up if there are spots available.

Crell
Nov 4, 2008

Hot Leggy Blonde, you
got it goin' on.

Trastion posted:

Trying to keep it at 24/25 so it stays up, just don't want to kick people to early. Should be room now.

WTFBEES
Apr 21, 2005

butt

Requested to join the guild as dongs

Trastion
Jul 24, 2003
The one and only.

Crell posted:

Trying to keep it at 24/25 so it stays up, just don't want to kick people to early. Should be room now.

Awesome, requested as Trastion

Aerox
Jan 8, 2012
I'm chugging along in Ironwood, got mostly perfect iron gear, feel like I have a grasp on balancing the skills so they all go up generally at once. The thing I'm not clear on is what I'm supposed to be doing to actually make money -- combat feels like it does not reward much gold at all and selling equipment also seems pretty paltry, given the costs of leveling everything and being able to build stuff in my house.

Any tips? I'm around 10-20 in most skills but 20-30 in the main gathering ones.

ZionestLord
Jan 9, 2010
applied to Ironwood guild as Bobatron

Rynoto
Apr 27, 2009
It doesn't help that I'm fat as fuck, so my face shouldn't be shown off in the first place.

Aerox posted:

I'm chugging along in Ironwood, got mostly perfect iron gear, feel like I have a grasp on balancing the skills so they all go up generally at once. The thing I'm not clear on is what I'm supposed to be doing to actually make money -- combat feels like it does not reward much gold at all and selling equipment also seems pretty paltry, given the costs of leveling everything and being able to build stuff in my house.

Any tips? I'm around 10-20 in most skills but 20-30 in the main gathering ones.

I made a couple hundred thousand grinding out the last levels to push into 25+ smithing off chestplates so money seems to go up pretty heavily as you progress. For combat in the 25-40range it's not unusual to come back to 50-100k+ from letting it run for the afternoon which is enough to help with the house upgrades.

In the guild now it seems more of balancing selling extra resources for cash and saving for guild quests.

Rynoto fucked around with this message at 05:04 on May 16, 2023

Bedurndurn
Dec 4, 2008
In Ironwood, where do the blueprints for the house upgrades come from?

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Bedurndurn posted:

In Ironwood, where do the blueprints for the house upgrades come from?

The Outskirts areas of Woodcutting/Mining/Farming/Fishing

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

Followup question about those: those activities mention a monster could show up. I've idled only to come back stopped trying to do the woodcutting one. Is it a fight and if so does it not use food to heal?

Rynoto
Apr 27, 2009

SettingSun posted:

Followup question about those: those activities mention a monster could show up. I've idled only to come back stopped trying to do the woodcutting one. Is it a fight and if so does it not use food to heal?

Yes to both. I had a perfect silver weapon and ~lv30 combat + defense before being able to kill them consistently.

something
Aug 1, 2011

Have you ever seen
The most pure look of delight
On a Babby's face?

Pillbug
So i need to re-review suggestions for silly skills you guys gave some time.back, but i'm starting in on adding some, so far there is Car Violence and planning Bees or something like that .

Also might experiment with unity's physics and try for a Pinball skill? No promises on that one tho.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

do you have an ability for making puppy dogs and kitty cats out of clouds and vapor?

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

Plaguing your posts with incidental music.
applied phrenology

The Taxman
Jan 2, 2007

greetings sweeties, let me give you a back massage. for i am a whiz!

something posted:

Also might experiment with unity's physics and try for a Pinball skill? No promises on that one tho.

A scary combination that I might never stop playing if it works

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.

The Taxman posted:

A scary combination that I might never stop playing if it works

It was real slow going until I unlocked the ability to use the flippers

something
Aug 1, 2011

Have you ever seen
The most pure look of delight
On a Babby's face?

Pillbug
I would probably indeed lock flippers as the first upgrade. Seems funny to have you praying "PLEASE just launch into the one scoring thing to get me started"

Saraiguma
Oct 2, 2014

neongrey posted:

applied phrenology

theoretical phrenology

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

something posted:

I would probably indeed lock flippers as the first upgrade. Seems funny to have you praying "PLEASE just launch into the one scoring thing to get me started"

this joke works best if you make it only need 1 point and make the first 2 always fail and the 3rd one always gets a single point in a really stupid spot then falls in the drain then the game pushes you and wont let you continue until you unlock the flippers. Just a joke tutorial with no leading text completely intuitive, hopefully.

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

so im playing unnamed space idle and how do I do any of these challenges??? i cant do any of them at all

edit: what are the other good idle games goin on right now

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.

something posted:

Ball launch speed is dependent on your CPU clock speed and doesn't actually get out of the chute until you purchase the 486 upgrade

Physics isn't enabled until you get the Pentium, the ball just has 4 preset paths it can follow

Ichabod Sexbeast
Dec 5, 2011

Giving 'em the old razzle-dazzle

Saraiguma posted:

theoretical phrenology

Retrophrenology (GNUTP)

SynthesisAlpha
Jun 19, 2007
Cyber-Monocle sporting Space Billionaire

something posted:

So i need to re-review suggestions for silly skills you guys gave some time.back, but i'm starting in on adding some, so far there is Car Violence and planning Bees or something like that .

I hope bees is literally just called "Bees" and it also includes things like the letter of the alphabet and puns like making a bee-line, or to bee or not to bee and poo poo like that.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?

SynthesisAlpha posted:

I hope bees is literally just called "Bees" and it also includes things like the letter of the alphabet and puns like making a bee-line, or to bee or not to bee and poo poo like that.

It should include a reference to dogs with bees in their mouths and when they bark, they shoot bees at you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PseudoFaux
Oct 9, 2012
Oh man, no idea if Idleon is even still played by anyone here or if people have moved on but if pizza is free is still alive I've requested to join and my first character is Phalanx Charmer