Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Steve Wiebe.
This poll is closed.
Steve Wiebe. 30 42.25%
Steve Wiebe. 41 57.75%
Total: 48 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Booky
Feb 21, 2013

Chill Bug

i wanna zelda....

soon... once i beat case 3-5 in aa3!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Hitman roguelike has taught me one very important lesson: hitman is a good shooter game too

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Why are people doing these things to the koroks

For their many sins

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

Khanstant posted:

It's really not. There's a toy box around here but the game itself very much has a classic Zelda adventure, tying together the philosophy of the original, the 2d games, and the 3d. It's a love letter and evolution of its own history. The best bits aren't fit for a meme or Twitter snippet, and are more things you experience yourself than see a vid of.

how much of the fiddling with toys is required to get through the adventure? the recombinator stuff to me especially just seems like a chore instead of looking fun.

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

Infinitum posted:

For their many sins

For the sins of ALL of us.

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"
Hope the chat thread had a good mother's day. I went to my mother-in-law's for a BBQ and got some premo pictures of her cat. Look at this lil guy!

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

Propaganda Hour posted:

Hope the chat thread had a good mother's day. I went to my mother-in-law's for a BBQ and got some premo pictures of her cat. Look at this lil guy!

what a magnificent beast. pet him immediately

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Kerrzhe posted:

how much of the fiddling with toys is required to get through the adventure? the recombinator stuff to me especially just seems like a chore instead of looking fun.

I'd bet there's a way to probably not interact with it outside the tutorial if you really wanted. It's not really a chore and if you just hate it, everywhere it's "necessary" there's definitely everything needed all sitting together in a pile. Plus there's a power to automatically build stuff without loving with anything.

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

at any point do you ever team up with ganondorf

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

holy poo poo Deceive Inc's OST is incredible

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=spfJ7w0JQo4

bone emulator
Nov 3, 2005

Wrrroavr

I got to the Phazon Mines in Metroid Prime and I think they might break me.
Apparently i have to do this entire area, including minibosses and multiple power suit enemies as well as puzzle and platforming sections, without any save points?

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"

Kerrzhe posted:

what a magnificent beast. pet him immediately

Opal got lots of pets from everyone in attendance!

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

Runa posted:

holy poo poo Deceive Inc's OST is incredible

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=spfJ7w0JQo4

I've been playing a lot of this game and like it quite a bit, tbh.

It's definitely not a full stealth game as much as it is a shooter with stealth in it, but I do find the stealth is meaningful. You can absolutely beat people who are better than you at shooting by engaging when they least expect it, or make a quick getaway and blend into the crowd.

Oh and yeah, the music is absolutely aces, it rules.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Khanstant posted:

Obike tower defense games suck because they all inevitably have some lovely currency and progressions.

On the other hand, TD on Steam either have way too goddamn many levels with little variation or try to turn into some weird pvp thing.

Truly there has been no better medium for general TD enjoyment than the custom lobby of a company hellbent to never allow that to happen again

I really like Bloons TD6.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
that's not an answer for someone trying to get away from mobile game monetization though. despite being a buy-to-play pc game it still has a real money cash shop with paytowin stuff
apparently they made a de-shittified version of it with no microtransactions but it's only available with a subscription to apple arcade??

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Arzaac posted:

I've been playing a lot of this game and like it quite a bit, tbh.

It's definitely not a full stealth game as much as it is a shooter with stealth in it, but I do find the stealth is meaningful. You can absolutely beat people who are better than you at shooting by engaging when they least expect it, or make a quick getaway and blend into the crowd.

Oh and yeah, the music is absolutely aces, it rules.

I heard someone describe it as "Hitman: Showdown" and that gets a lot of the point across, but one thing I note is that Hunt Showdown is really, really stressful and really encourages careful play and heavily punishes getting killed. Which kind of killed my enthusiasm to keep going with it. Meanwhile a FFA match of this game is just like, two handfuls of gigantic goofballs with full manic gently caress It We Ball energy and that's something I can get into a lot more easily.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Dabir posted:

I really like Bloons TD6.

Haha never clicked with Bloons even back when it was just a weird vallon popping physics game on new grounds. But it is one of those things I recognize from the old times and am glad they've found a way to keep making em

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos
mods are starting to hit ToTK and I'm gonna go sicko mode on everyone that comes out.

Just bug fixes and stuff right now.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Oxxidation posted:

i don't want to say that totk is better than elden ring because they have very different underlying philosophies with their game design, but it's definitely on par and it's stupefying that the two games came out in adjacent years

Yeah I agree, they really compliment each other so loving well, absolute masterpieces both

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

We'll find out later what my gamer co-worker thinks of totk... a gamer who admitted he loves zelda games "for the story"...

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

that's not an answer for someone trying to get away from mobile game monetization though. despite being a buy-to-play pc game it still has a real money cash shop with paytowin stuff
apparently they made a de-shittified version of it with no microtransactions but it's only available with a subscription to apple arcade??

That's fair. I'll say that I've played it for over 80 hours and never run up against any need to spend any money on it beyond the initial purchase price, but I'm aware that it affects different people in different ways.

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:
I'm mad that I"m at work and not playing Zelda

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Jay Rust posted:

We'll find out later what my gamer co-worker thinks of totk... a gamer who admitted he loves zelda games "for the story"...

Update: Totk is really excellent and "makes breath of the wild look like a rough draft"

Arrrthritis
May 31, 2007

I don't care if you're a star, the moon, or the whole damn sky, you need to come back down to earth and remember where you came from

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

same op. I could be playing either two of my GOTY candidates and yet here I am working like a chump.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Jay Rust posted:

Update: Totk is really excellent and "makes breath of the wild look like a rough draft"

your gamer co-worker is correct

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

Jay Rust posted:

they're right

Volte
Oct 4, 2004

woosh woosh
As a longtime Breath of the Wild naysayer (not really, I just didn't think it was that great), Tears of the Kingdom is on Elden Ring levels for me so far

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D7aotMarYQU

The Good Queen Clitoris
May 11, 2008

You raised my hopes and dashed them quite expertly, bravo sir!

Been playing BOTW because I fell off it when it first came out. I think being able to play it 4k 60 is helpful but I've been forcing myself to just explore and see what I find and its been a good time so far. I just beat the Zora divine beast and I'm pumped to be playing more. Might have to take a break when I'm finished but all the TOTK stuff has me excited, especially since I've heard its much denser with content which is one of my complaints about BOTW.

I'm also thinking about going back and playing some of the older stuff like Twilight Princess and Wind Waker which I played but never finished.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Wind Waker is much like BOTW in that you have free travel over almost the entire world from the start and can just wander around and discover stuff (although this doesn't extend to the main quest to the same degree, you will have to do those in the required order)

Twilight Princess is a much more traditional action-adventure game with an overworld and dungeon sequence

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zDWn9VlAeaI Hawken is coming back. I don't think this will really last though, the game previously was an interesting PvP arena shooter, but didn't have enough to really keep players coming back.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

That's okay because this is single player only with co-op 'coming soon' lol

ErrEff
Feb 13, 2012

They have to add co-op if they’re selling skins.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Chained Echoes:
I only now found out that the game is almost entirely the work of one single german gamer, which is super impressive

I'm assuming that he wrote the dialogue himself in English and isn't a native english-speaker, or maybe he didn't hire an editor, because some of the text doesn't read well at all, in an rpg with this many words it's kinda a problem, for me

Aristocrat:
"I was thinking about the Church. People everywhere on Eldrea find this new monotheistic faith great.
It promises a modern attitude to life and advertises various gadgets that are supposed to make life better."

Not how i would've phrased it!!

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

I said come in! posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zDWn9VlAeaI Hawken is coming back. I don't think this will really last though, the game previously was an interesting PvP arena shooter, but didn't have enough to really keep players coming back.
isn't this like the third time they've rebooted hawken. not complaining, that game was cool

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Boba Pearl posted:

mods are starting to hit ToTK and I'm gonna go sicko mode on everyone that comes out.

Just bug fixes and stuff right now.

The 60fps mods still break cutscenes right? Been sticking with 30 until until someone figures that one out.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
oh no, looks like the eu commission buckled on the Microsoft road to remonopoly

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
This is all due to Brexit and the Tories IMO.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

they made the drat switch portable so you could take it to work dumbass