Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: MokBa)

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

there are way more zonai devices than I expected there to be, they just keep on introducing new ones.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

Jesus Christ will the camera please give me some space while I'm trying to fight this Talus in some cave?

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

The Legend of Zelda: Mods of the Garry

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

it's Gmod.

It's just Gmod.

Digital Osmosis
Nov 10, 2002

Smile, Citizen! Happiness is Mandatory.

So can you like, summon a registered horse at a stable? That is, let's say I've got a horse registered and I'm on it for a bit but then hop off and fast travel to a stable halfway across the map-- can I take that horse out of the stable? Or does it only work if you board the horse first?

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

Digital Osmosis posted:

So can you like, summon a registered horse at a stable? That is, let's say I've got a horse registered and I'm on it for a bit but then hop off and fast travel to a stable halfway across the map-- can I take that horse out of the stable? Or does it only work if you board the horse first?

A horse that's already out will still be in the menu when you go to take horses out, it's not stuck out in the wilds thankfully.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Digital Osmosis posted:

If you have one registered and ride it off and then leave it somewhere you can absolutely just go back to the stable and they'll retrieve the horse for you and board it.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

well, the decorative carp in kokoriko are still worth $20 each, and they still have the passive-aggressive note about not giving any benefit when cooked

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug

X-O posted:

If you have one registered and ride it off and then leave it somewhere you can absolutely just go back to the stable and they'll retrieve the horse for you and board it.

Be sure the pat the horse after. She missed you and earned a pat.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

CatstropheWaitress posted:

Just got to the wind temple and fuuuuuck. I never played Skyrim or other AAA games of late, but is this much 'vertical' something other games have achieved? Had a similar reaction to how far down you dive for the crevasses, but it just goes and goes and goes and goes in a way that feels truly monumental.

It's funny because No Man's Sky lets you go from planet surface, to sky, to space, through space, back down to another planet... But it doesn't have nearly the same magic as diving from an island down into the depths without stopping. Plus there's stuff to do lol

Btw yall get to Tarrytown, ain't nobody talking about their custom houses itt.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I found a tunnel under lookout landing

Boy I have absolutely gone through some rock fused weapons today, lmao.

Digital Osmosis
Nov 10, 2002

Smile, Citizen! Happiness is Mandatory.

Tayter Swift posted:

Be sure the pat the horse after. She missed you and earned a pat.

Hell yeah, glad the surprisingly sick horse I tamed first has a homing feature and will absolutely be giving them pats, and maybe even apples, when I need to deploy it

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

This little blood moon speech gets me hyped up every time I hear it :black101:

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Rageaholic posted:

This little blood moon speech gets me hyped up every time I hear it :black101:

I wish it would auto skip.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

https://twitter.com/Bruceski1/status/1657974431850037248
One in a million, I'm gonna name it Consolation Prize. That pause at the end was stunned silence before I remembered to clip.

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

I did the tower siege from the embargoed release preview and I'd like to think I spent way too much time on that, but was constantly amused by my own process.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat

Bruceski posted:

https://twitter.com/Bruceski1/status/1657974431850037248
One in a million, I'm gonna name it Consolation Prize. That pause at the end was stunned silence before I remembered to clip.

This is already the second time I’ve seen this happen

Antonymous
Apr 4, 2009

I read the reddit today and there's about 10 people per hour posting getting a star fragment mid air thinking they are the first person to ever do it.

that's good game design

Atoramos
Aug 31, 2003

Jim's now a Blind Cave Salamander!

Potato Salad posted:

it's Gmod.

It's just Gmod.

Yea, but they added a good chunk of parts Gmod didn't have and a ton of stuff to use our wacky inventions on.

We're missing the ability to lock items in place while working on them, item spawners, and wiremod. That's about it.

It's Gmod 2.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Steve Yun posted:

This is already the second time I’ve seen this happen

Yeah I think it is programmed to do this. i have had it muliple times

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Atoramos posted:

Yea, but they added a good chunk of parts Gmod didn't have and a ton of stuff to use our wacky inventions on.

We're missing the ability to lock items in place while working on them, item spawners, and wiremod. That's about it.

It's Gmod 2.

Keep playing, go talk to Josha at Lookout Landing if you haven't in a while.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
Addison why are you HERE

What even IS that base

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Potato Salad posted:

it's Gmod.

It's just Gmod.

Same map and everything.

logger
Jun 28, 2008

...and in what manner the Ancyent Marinere came back to his own Country.
Soiled Meat

cuntman.net posted:

im climbing a wall and then it starts raining. i notice some building materials nearby so i use them to build a ladder. then i accidentally drop the ladder off a cliff. by this time ive spent so much time building the ladder that the rain stopped. congrats to me :confuoot:

If the object you use is climbable or a flat surface you can manipulate it with ultrahand up to the point you want to reach and then bring it back down, reverse time on it, and ride it up to where you want to go.

Atoramos
Aug 31, 2003

Jim's now a Blind Cave Salamander!

Zmod

Dictator.
May 13, 2007

#Blessed

Spent Friday and Sunday playing wayyyy past my bedtime.

Just arrived to the Rito village, unlocked a couple dragon tears, 2 towers, 10-15 shrines, spent a LOT of time underground collecting Poes.

Have a feeling I skipped quite some content rushing my horse from Tabanta to Rito (good to see the stable has all my old ones), I kept getting distracted and figured I should advance the main quest at least a little bit. Have also only been to one of the Sky Islands, not really sure how to get back up other than through the towers? Reverting the rocks that fall occassionally doesn't really get you high up enough.

Some tips:

Underground: Ride the Stalfos horses, they are immune to the red goop and you can traverse areas quickly. Don't engage too many battles early on cause the enemies there are strong as f.

Something that'll help flying: you can get a wingsuit armor in the sky island above the Lindor Brow tower. There's a minigame where you skydive. Getting under 35 seconds is easy, just don't glide. You'll get the armor. The second challenge is getting under 20 seconds, you need to be in constant diving position for it, but the reward isn't worth trying a whole bunch of times.

If you see a well hop into it, some lead to underground, others lead to caves with goodies. You can Ascend out of them

Normy
Jul 1, 2004

Do I Krushchev?

Has anyone done the "A Picture for Tabantha Bridge Stable" quest? I've taken a ton of pictures of the landmark but they don't seem to progress the quest.

Vookatos
May 2, 2013
Beaten my first dungeon and helped Rito.

So far this game is better than BotW in most ways. I particularly like how many quests and stories feel like you're making a difference in the world. BotW had, like, Tarrey Town and "hey bring me 400 rushroom"-tier stuff, here I feel like I'm actively doing stuff.
The leadup to dungeon was amazing and they've definitely learned from Divine Beasts, where the best part was the lead-up. Now a similar thing is reserved for the boss.

Also the game has succesfully jumpscared me like 3 times with A Certain Enemy. Not even horror games manage to get a yelp so often.
I guess chill exploring mixed with a loud crunch and you getting Evil Deaded just hits harder

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat

ImpAtom posted:

Yeah I think it is programmed to do this. i have had it muliple times

Meanwhile I saw three falling stars and wasn’t able to get any of them because of terrain and distractions

Steve Yun fucked around with this message at 09:14 on May 15, 2023

Vookatos
May 2, 2013
Also, I remember matthewmatosis' review of BotW had a certain phrase that resonated with me: "people THINK they want full freedom, but what they actually want is to cut down trees to cross gaps"

I'm glad TotK actually does that via Cryonis' absense, ice walls, gloom, and half the world being in the sky. It's so much more fun to traverse when you're not climbing for half an hour

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Holy shiiiiiiiiiiiiiit, I was paragliding from Lanayru to Akkala to unlock the Akkala Skyview Tower and along the way I saw a 3 headed dragon :stonklol:

Noped the gently caress out of there as soon as I passed by it!

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
What I wish I knew when I started the game: aerocuda eyes and wings are not for homing weakspot random enemies and bosses... They are for upgrading. I swear start of game I got wings left and right and used em just as often. Now when I need like 60 of em they're nowhere to be dropped.

Vookatos posted:

Also, I remember matthewmatosis' review of BotW had a certain phrase that resonated with me: "people THINK they want full freedom, but what they actually want is to cut down trees to cross gaps"

I'm glad TotK actually does that via Cryonis' absense, ice walls, gloom, and half the world being in the sky. It's so much more fun to traverse when you're not climbing for half an hour

I haven't actually worn the climbing outfit once. Got one of the prices as my first Misko find at the start but just... Anytime I'm climbing that long to even remember it, it's because I'm being stubborn and foolish. There's always a better way lol.

By the same token, stamina and stamina potions aren't my "best" good anymore. Speedup and attack are, plus a smattering of other stuff for various utility without armor changing.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Also milling around the depths to ight looking for last shadow daddy to pray to, I found some crazy like, depths dungeon just sitting around. Found some mini treasures but can't do the main stuff so I'm clearly still needing to stumble on something else first, but man, just running into this place randomly was another whoa didn't know this was thing moment for me, even this far into the game. This place is gonna be sick when it fires up.

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
I've bottled a lot of underground sperm, not sure what I'm to do with it.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011

Vookatos posted:

I built a makeshift pier over water with a "tower" of planks on the end and a large flat board stuck at the top to give me an Ascend platform so I could get up to the Lindor's Brow Tower, as I didn't have enough stamina to swim over + climb up and didn't want to make stamina food.

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
Spent another hour in the cave I mentioned last night, mainly because it led to Hyrule Castle so I spent a chunk of time grabbing chests there, I didn't even clear it out because I got grabbed by a Wallmaster and teleported out before I died.

For the guts of that 3 hour cave dive I was over due a Bloodmoon, I could see the particles flying about signalling one, but I guess there's some sanity check in place so you don't reset in these areas and things got a little broken while I was in there. Mainly the game stopped loading models for my gear and would pause to load weapons I switched to for over a minute in some case. But gently caress it I was not gonna restart this cave!

Normy
Jul 1, 2004

Do I Krushchev?

Normy posted:

Has anyone done the "A Picture for Tabantha Bridge Stable" quest? I've taken a ton of pictures of the landmark but they don't seem to progress the quest.

Got it! I had to take it from an angle that had the sunrise in the background.

Dictator.
May 13, 2007

#Blessed

SirPablo posted:

I've bottled a lot of underground sperm, not sure what I'm to do with it.

three hints, from obscure to precise:

1 check the starter town

2 there's a statue

3 it's a round-ish brown one where Robbie first hangs out. He gives you things in return for Poes. Then points you to other statues like him

Dictator.
May 13, 2007

#Blessed

Shoehead posted:

Spent another hour in the cave I mentioned last night, mainly because it led to Hyrule Castle so I spent a chunk of time grabbing chests there, I didn't even clear it out because I got grabbed by a Wallmaster and teleported out before I died.

For the guts of that 3 hour cave dive I was over due a Bloodmoon, I could see the particles flying about signalling one, but I guess there's some sanity check in place so you don't reset in these areas and things got a little broken while I was in there. Mainly the game stopped loading models for my gear and would pause to load weapons I switched to for over a minute in some case. But gently caress it I was not gonna restart this cave!

I'm getting a blood moon every 1-2 in-game days, I'm not even fighting that many enemies, just exploring a ton.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
Thanks will try #1 tomorrow