Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

YaketySass
Jan 15, 2019

Blind Idiot Dog

Battle Pigeon posted:

Beating a dead horse here but one final one

it's good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Joe Slowboat
Nov 9, 2016

Higgledy-Piggledy Whale Statements

Something that really bothers me about this is that it feels like, if Annie had known about Jerrek being Loup BEFORE the classic shoujo romance cliffhanger splash page with Loup/Jerrek, Lana, and the tooth knife, then that imagery would have made a lot more sense. It would have actually been something hanging over Annie’s head, rather than a bizarrely off-target homage.

I just don’t understand why you do that and then declare “actually she knows now” like this.

Tree Reformat
Apr 2, 2022

by Fluffdaddy

Randalor posted:

They're the same as her mom's, as the thread pointed out to me when I questioned it. Either its a side-effect of accessing her mom's magic computer, or she's squinting (maybe all the computer display stuff is on the inside of her eyelids?)

It just feels off because with her mother, it just seems like "perpetually serene", but Kat, I believe, has never been depicted with those eyes before the chip was activated, making it feel less "Kat is resembling her mother as she grows up" and more "unnatural and unsettling side effect of doing a whole transhumanism."

DontMockMySmock
Aug 9, 2008

I got this title for the dumbest fucking possible take on sea shanties. Specifically, I derailed the meme thread because sailors in the 18th century weren't woke enough for me, and you shouldn't sing sea shanties. In fact, don't have any fun ever.
Her mother's eyes are very thin, like an outline. Her eyes are larger, more open, and the blackness is shiny. I think it's clear that Anja's eyes are just heavily stylized, and Kat's eyes are supposed to be weird and inhuman when using her brain chip.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
Yeah, I don't think they really look that much alike tbh

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

Huh? What even is this?

DontMindMe
Dec 3, 2010

What could possibly go wrong?
Oh well that escalated quickly

coolusername
Aug 23, 2011

cooltitletext
“I wish Annie and Kat would be main characters again.”

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

Joe Slowboat posted:

Something that really bothers me about this is that it feels like, if Annie had known about Jerrek being Loup BEFORE the classic shoujo romance cliffhanger splash page with Loup/Jerrek, Lana, and the tooth knife, then that imagery would have made a lot more sense. It would have actually been something hanging over Annie’s head, rather than a bizarrely off-target homage.

I just don’t understand why you do that and then declare “actually she knows now” like this.

I might be a bit more fair than the comic deserves, but she might have realized when Lana and him suddenly stormed off from that train, after he looked incredibly distressed. Ever since then those two lovebirds where on the downlow. That must have been a while now. But now Jerrek heard that Kat got dumped and that made him fess up for some reason. This comic has some weird plot triggers.

Nettle Soup
Jan 30, 2010

Oh, and Jones was there too.

bit drastic

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

coolusername posted:

“I wish Annie and Kat would be main characters again.”

gently caress that. If she did kill Jerrek right now that would be amazing. gently caress me up Monkey's Paw!

coolusername
Aug 23, 2011

cooltitletext

Skippy McPants posted:

gently caress that. If she did kill Jerrek right now that would be amazing. gently caress me up Monkey's Paw!

I mean my assumption is Lana’s going to take the bullet or something in that vein, showing how Annie and Kat have gone Too Far as they end Loup’s redemption arc that’s been the focus of the last several chapters and they’re to blame for everything that happens next.

If she straight up stabs him in the face and he dies here, I would be So Happy.

Tiny Myers
Jul 29, 2021

say hello to my little friend

This is so... stupid. I can't even feel anything.

I just feel like the pacing in this comic is the equivalent of alternating between slamming on the gas then slamming on the brakes every 5 seconds

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters
Well this won’t be as simple as him dying so, brace for Lana sacrifice drama.

Nettle Soup
Jan 30, 2010

Oh, and Jones was there too.

I assume they're gonna try cutting him back into Coyote and Ysengrin or something.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸
Personally I think this page is perfect. I've had a very bad week and needed a laugh.

Seriously I first thought this was a sudden weird flashback to an OTT training montage not stuff that is happening now.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Captain Oblivious posted:

Well this won’t be as simple as him dying so, brace for Lana sacrifice drama.

She's probably gonna go to stab him and kill Lana in the process.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

There Bias Two posted:

She's probably gonna go to stab him and kill Lana in the process.
Annie: "Oh no I killed Lana!"
Kat: "Who? Oh. One sec *zoop* and fixed.

God Annie you're still such a piece of poo poo though"

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.
Reynard is R2D2 now. So comic good... Right?

lllllllllllllllllll
Feb 28, 2010

Now the scene's lighting is perfect!
But they have him confined. Do they need to kill him now? Seems out of character. Next page is the girlfriend pleading for his life and instantly changing Annie's mind, probably.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Lana dying to protect Loup which is what gets him back on the path of villainy seems like the expected route here. Although that is pretty loving stupid because it renders the Lana/Jerrik stuff pointless besides a reason for Loup to stop being a threat for a few chapters so our protagonists can gently caress around. Arguably, it renders the whole Loup-as-Jerrik arc since he didn’t really….do much of anything.

Or maybe we go Lawful Stupid and this is where Loup realizes he needs to die and Annie just kills him within ten pages of the chapter starting. This pivots us awkwardly into the Court as the True Antagonist.

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

Annie kills Jerrik but whoops, turns out he gave a portion of his power to Lana who is now very pissed and uses said power to ressurect the robot husks to kill Annie and Kat.

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug
I think one of two things happen: either Jerrek and Lana convince Annie to stop and now Loup is one of the good guys, or Annie kills Jerrek only for the reveal that Lana is also Loup, because goose wife.

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

the funniest outcome would be if jerrek gets cut down but that turns him into two jerreks

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

hey cool they're returning the tooth

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

Do you think this is funny?

Catgirl Al Capone posted:

the funniest outcome would be if jerrek gets cut down but that turns him into two jerreks

Yes, gently caress yes. This is the logical trajectory of this comic: "Oups! All Loups!"

Tiny Myers
Jul 29, 2021

say hello to my little friend

Catgirl Al Capone posted:

The knife split Jerrek into two, and - Oh my god Ysengrin and Coyote are back! And they're awkward, hormonal teens now, too! Who will Lana pick!?

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Tiny Myers posted:

The knife split Jerrek into two, and - Oh my god Ysengrin and Coyote are back! And they're awkward, hormonal teens now, too!

a brooding chestnut-haired bad boy with mesmerizing green eyes, and John Belushi

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

once again there is no road forward that isnt stupid

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

Patware posted:

once again there is no road forward that isnt stupid

I mean, Annie could negotiate with Jerrik peacefully and the cage was just a precaution.

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

unfortunately that means ignoring the mass death we weren't told he DIDN'T cause

Strep Vote
May 5, 2004

أنا أحب حليب الشوكولاتة
Wasn't she all upset about killing loup? That was a huge weird plot point, yes?

isasphere
Mar 7, 2013

Nettle Soup posted:

I assume they're gonna try cutting him back into Coyote and Ysengrin or something.

It has to be this, right? It's a bs magical knife that separates things conceptually.

Oh my god are we going to get Ysengrin, Coyote and Jerrek as separate people?

Staltran
Jan 3, 2013

Fallen Rib
Didn't Coyote say Loup would find out his plan before Loup dies? Is Annie just ignoring that or assuming he was wrong?

Kantesu
Apr 21, 2010

Staltran posted:

Didn't Coyote say Loup would find out his plan before Loup dies? Is Annie just ignoring that or assuming he was wrong?

As far as I remember, he only said that to Loup, and Annie never heard it.

RocketMermaid
Mar 30, 2004

My pronouns are She/Heir.

GunnerJ posted:

"Oups! All Loups!"

New thread title just dropped.

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

So Loup didn't unleash hell beasts that did not kill a single person on the Court Side.

Grognan
Jan 23, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
Lana is also Loup in a twist.

coolusername
Aug 23, 2011

cooltitletext
There is a timeline where Lana and Jerrek were in the background as representatives of the new humans, where Paz was a main character and the growing distance between her and Kat as the consequence of the court’s actions while they search for Loup and a way to defeat him was on screen the whole time, where Kat’s robot apotheosis to get the power to stop him is the culminating moment of their search, where “Jerrek is Loup” is a shock reveal obvious in hindsight from the clues (remember the Zimmy is Annie chapter where the wrong hair length was the giveaway few caught?) and this is an awesome badass moment about Annie pulling a knife and standing her ground against a manipulative god of unknown motivations

Unfortunately Loup is the main character.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
Loup there it is