Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

It's pretty bad and each season is somehow worse. If I were a Brit I'd consider it an act of war against my culture.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
they should start making it an actual act of cultural war against the british, like have King Charles in the show abdicate his throne to the american Ted Lasso

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord
Liberals fukkin love it though, probably because it beats you over the head with the tedious self-righteous bullshit

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

they should start making it an actual act of cultural war against the british, like have King Charles in the show abdicate his throne to the american Ted Lasso

ted wins the country over by his adherence to evangelical Catholicism

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
ted reunites ireland, grants scotland independence, and begins an ambitious public works project of filling in the english channel to be closer to france

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

Nothus posted:

If I were a Brit I'd consider it an act of war against my culture.

sounds like its pretty good then

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

*slaps you across the face with a glove*

Sir, I will have satisfaction!

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

lobster shirt posted:

sounds like its pretty good then

You're right, being in the same room with a bunch of Brits forced to watch it would be pretty good.

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

Nothus posted:

You're right, being in the same room with a bunch of Brits forced to watch it would be pretty good.

Ludovico Tecnique Trashfuture

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese

i say swears online posted:

ted wins the country over by his adherence to evangelical Catholicism

I will be cold and dead in the ground before submitting to rule by a papist

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

oh god ted lasso references nonstop for the next couple of episodes

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021
if only felix had watched the good doctor instead.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

This explains a lot.

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
ever since that clip started getting passed around I've been thinking about a medical drama where it's basically the same set-up as the good doctor but instead of Autism he's a middle-aged Andre's Steakhouse style Black guy and it's called The Good-rear end Doctor

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

the good doctor just seems like an inferior remake of house md, is that incorrect

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

ever since that clip started getting passed around I've been thinking about a medical drama where it's basically the same set-up as the good doctor but instead of Autism he's a middle-aged Andre's Steakhouse style Black guy and it's called The Good-rear end Doctor

is the doctor a proctologist?

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord
The Good rear end-Doctor

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
he's the best protcologist in America, but he can't stop taking calls on his bluetooth headset during examinations

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

was listening to TrueAnon while running this morning, old ep where they mention propaganda about North Korea, and I thought hey they should do an ep about Yeonmi Park, and now this has manifested into reality

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

lobster shirt posted:

the good doctor just seems like an inferior remake of house md, is that incorrect

House MD was a leading indicator on the opioid epidemic in the same way The Good Doctor is a leading indicator on an upcoming cringe epidemic.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
Like The Good Doctor is ~actually~ reaching back further in Medical Drama history. Far closer to Neil Patrick Harris's run on Dougie Shower than the mystery-sherlock House MD.

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

KirbyKhan posted:

Dougie Shower

hell yeah

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
Dougie Shower is the eastern-european copyright-safe remake of Doogie Howser

Hooplah
Jul 15, 2006

an episodic medical drama where the underage doctor gets his patients arrested for making them look at his dick every episodde

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rGx2ApWJJI4

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)
They should remake house MD but he's a weed guy instead

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

mcmagic posted:

This explains a lot.

Phoning in for the Theilbux , just copy paste the newsletter about dumb poo poo bingo bongo get money

Brie is absolutely not phoning it in, listened to the "Hero Stuff" Bad Faith ep on the subway civilian restraint killing this morning and it was fine combination of words that explained that it is bad when people die. Refreshing radical perspective that you don't get with big doner funded pods.

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021

lobster shirt posted:

no you are correct. Its Twee house MD

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

Brits went wild for Paddington Bear appearing at the jubilee. They love all that twee poo poo. If Ted Lasso were a BBC show and had a bigger domestic audience there's a good chance we'd have watched Jason Sudeikis being coronated King last week.

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
and that's a bad thing? let's get an American sleeper cell on that throne, finish the job we started in 1776

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
in all seriousness tho, i would like to see the english monarchy either end or be handed off to jason sudeikis in my lifetime

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

and that's a bad thing? let's get an American sleeper cell on that throne, finish the job we started in 1776

The current royal family are German immigrants just like most white people in the US. Draw your own conclusions.

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

in all seriousness tho, i would like to see the english monarchy either end or be handed off to jason sudeikis in my lifetime
Just finished watching last night's Barry and I'd much prefer Bill Hader as King tbh

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

mycomancy posted:

Can you elaborate on this?

no because its pure nonsense lol

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)

babypolis posted:

No it's right. America = nazis

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

babypolis posted:

Lasso fan spotted

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

Lasso fan spotted

i watched one episode and didnt like it but to suggest its literally the same as nazi propaganda is psychotically stupid. ofc the brain dead dead enders in this forum think its insightful

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

babypolis posted:

i watched one episode and didnt like it but to suggest its literally the same as nazi propaganda is psychotically stupid. ofc the brain dead dead enders in this forum think its insightful

I think you misunderstood. They didn't say it was nazi propaganda like Triumph of the Will or whatever, they compared it to the popular culture produced under the nazis. Which tended towards schmaltzy simple morality stories without nuance or depth.

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

Gripweed posted:

I think you misunderstood. They didn't say it was nazi propaganda like Triumph of the Will or whatever, they compared it to the popular culture produced under the nazis. Which tended towards schmaltzy simple morality stories without nuance or depth.

so what, its one of a million shows with a similar tone. it just so happens that this particular show is both popular and disliked by goons. so you just take thing i dislike and then mix it with some bad thing everyone dislikes and you have the kind of first class thinking cspam loves

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

babypolis posted:

so what, its one of a million shows with a similar tone. it just so happens that this particular show is both popular and disliked by goons. so you just take thing i dislike and then mix it with some bad thing everyone dislikes and you have the kind of first class thinking cspam loves

You admitted that you only watched one episode. If I were you, I wouldn't go really hard on defending something as not being for nazis if you aren't very familiar with it. Could be tying your own noose there, bud.