Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Mokotow
Apr 16, 2012

Fuckface gets to dance without people making GBS threads on him when he stops catering to nazis, destroying the environment and being an all-around shitheel

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
Most normal thing he's done since he got bounced from the doors of Berghain.

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

Most normal thing he’s done. Cool. Still don’t care and he deserves to be harassed endlessly.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

goatface posted:

Spend $500 and add a tiny jpg of a spaceship to go with your blue tick.

huge.jpg

Totbot
Oct 4, 2013
Elon Musk is a Nazi targeting Trans people.

gently caress. Him. I hope he never has a restful moment and gets mocked for literally everything he does.

Crescent Wrench
Sep 30, 2005

The truth is usually just an excuse for a lack of imagination.
Grimey Drawer
His lousy dancing was the most relatable he's been to me for a good 10 seconds... until he pulled out the raise the roof motion.

Verisimilidude
Dec 20, 2006

Strike quick and hurry at him,
not caring to hit or miss.
So that you dishonor him before the judges

Elon Musk?

No thanks!

Renreeja
Oct 11, 2007

coordinates set, but has target been confirmed? Normalcy indicates a lookalike

Halisnacks
Jul 18, 2009
Filming specific people at clubs and posting them on socials without their consent is not cool, unless you think it’s okay to completely destroy the freedom that those spaces are trying to cultivate.

I’d say this also applies to rich and powerful people.

The Irish PM was recently filmed at a club and it led to a whole bunch of (occasionally homophobic) histrionic handwringing. Similar thing with the soon-to-be-former Finnish PM at a party.

If you think society should have spaces where you can truly let loose, the norms of those spaces should apply to people you don’t like too.

spunkshui
Oct 5, 2011

Totbot posted:

Elon Musk is a Nazi targeting Trans people.

gently caress. Him.

Kale
May 14, 2010

Haw Haw Haw you guys, for just $8 dollar a month and a little free speech awareness we can definitely get the subscriber base for twitter blue up to exactly 69,420,420 subscribers. HAW HAW HAW did you see it I referenced the joke numbers HAAAAAAAAW HAAAAAAAAAAAAW DID YOU SEE IT YOU GUYS!!!!!!! :elon: :elon: :elon:

HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAW HAAAAAAAAW :elon: Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaw if we just got everyone to kick in 69,420,420 dogecoin as well we could solve the US debt crisis too...jokes jokes jokes *posts pepe meme*

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

I'd rather mock Elon for being a loser in any and every place he inhabits.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

lol at the spicy decorum takes about elon "just asking questions" musk

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

You know I am not really your father.

Data Graham posted:

The worst thing the last few years have taught me is how many people think democracy should straight-up be demolished in favor of brutal rule by an omnipotent superhero demigod

eh... they loved calling jfk's presidency camelot and all that bunk. and then people cried about jfk jr's plane crash because he was like "US Royalty" and now he can't be King (President).

Crescent Wrench
Sep 30, 2005

The truth is usually just an excuse for a lack of imagination.
Grimey Drawer
Rich and powerful people like Musk go to concerts, sporting events, etc., PRECISELY to be seen. It's entirely performative.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna

Halisnacks posted:

Filming specific people at clubs and posting them on socials without their consent is not cool, unless you think it’s okay to completely destroy the freedom that those spaces are trying to cultivate.

Nightclubs are a very public place and you do not have a reasonable right to privacy there.

And he doesn't deserve any human rights anywhere hth

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Bottom Liner posted:

Nightclubs are a very public place and you do not have a reasonable right to privacy there.

cop

Sankis
Mar 8, 2004

But I remember the fella who told me. Big lad. Arms as thick as oak trees, a stunning collection of scars, nice eye patch. A REAL therapist he was. Er wait. Maybe it was rapist?

Halisnacks posted:

The Irish PM was recently filmed at a club and it led to a whole bunch of (occasionally homophobic) histrionic handwringing. Similar thing with the soon-to-be-former Finnish PM at a party.

If you think society should have spaces where you can truly let loose, the norms of those spaces should apply to people you don’t like too.

On the other hand he's a nazi and loudly amplifies hate against marginalized people. I hope he is never able to have a moment of peace and is constantly worried someone may walk up and open a hole in his gut.

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

Nobody puts Phil in a corner.

Halisnacks posted:

Elon Musk expressly cultivates a website and chums around with people who genuinely want to murder people who are just trying to a live a normal life. gently caress him. Let him feel the heat for his lovely abhorrent behaviour - no matter where.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Halisnacks posted:

I can't do this

Steadiman
Jan 31, 2006

Hey...what kind of party is this? there's no booze and only one hooker!

silly sevens
This is a very weird, and oddly angry, derail over a silly tweet of a silly man doing a silly dance

Renreeja
Oct 11, 2007

Halisnacks posted:

by " truly let loose" Im assuming you mean dancing like the twileks in kotor?

Saalkin
Jun 29, 2008

Make it illegal for white men to dance

Konar
Dec 14, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Halisnacks posted:

Ah yes nightclubs, famously known for being a paragon of privacy and respected boundaries!

Pretty disingenuous to leverage these societal rules that are meant to protect anonymous women from having creepshots taken of them and posted online, and using them to protect a dangerously stupid powerful man

RoboChrist 9000
Dec 14, 2006

Mater Dolorosa

Halisnacks posted:

I agree entirely. We are, however, talking about fascists, not people.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Renreeja posted:

by " truly let loose" Im assuming you mean dancing like the twileks in kotor?

When pressed for comment Musk replied by saying "Ah-choo-taa"

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

kazil posted:

lol at the spicy decorum takes about elon "just asking questions" musk

And lol at middle aged rave dad goons leaping in to defend their right to throw shapes in da club

Jakabite
Jul 31, 2010

Slotducks posted:

Elon Musk expressly cultivates a website and chums around with people who genuinely want to murder people who are just trying to a live a normal life. gently caress him. Let him feel the heat for his lovely abhorrent behaviour - no matter where.

Yeah, so why not go and call him a loving dickhead and make him uncomfortable enough he feels the need to leave, rather than whipping your phone out in a fit of doing absolutely nothing useful while helping to further the ongoing destruction of one of the few types of spaces where many people can feel free?

Seriously, acting like filming him is some major own is lame as gently caress even outside of the fact you should put your loving camera away in nightclubs. Go and actually challenge him or accidentally spill a drink on him or something.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Lmao

Broke: free speech absolutism
Woke: dance absolutism

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole
I feel like basically any rule about privacy is thrown out the window when you're talking about the richest man in the world. He made his money off exploiting people so really, his entire life is a product.

Konar
Dec 14, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
I really don't think people see clubs as somewhere they're free to express themselves through dance/dress and feel totally uninhibited in like a spiritual way.

It's where people go to get drunk, dance, and maybe hook up.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

If you aren't supposed to talk about who was there masks will be worn to the orgy.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

Konar posted:

I really don't think people see clubs as somewhere they're free to express themselves through dance/dress and feel totally uninhibited in like a spiritual way.

It's where people go to get drunk, dance, and maybe hook up.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Elon gets his rear end beat

Me wading in to defend him: “cmon guys that’s cop behavior”

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna
Goons that have never been to a nightclub telling on themselves about what they think they are

There are actual photographers everywhere at those clubs, hired by promoters and club owners. There is zero expectation of privacy and no one gives a gently caress about a cellphone video.

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

Elon don't dance, and if he don't dance, he's no friend of mine.

Jakabite
Jul 31, 2010

Bottom Liner posted:

Goons that have never been to a nightclub telling on themselves about what they think they are

There are actual photographers everywhere at those clubs, hired by promoters and club owners. There is zero expectation of privacy and no one gives a gently caress about a cellphone video.

Maybe you’re just going to poo poo clubs.

Though I imagine this was also a poo poo club so I’ll concede the point

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

Sankis posted:

On the other hand he's a nazi and loudly amplifies hate against marginalized people. I hope he is never able to have a moment of peace and is constantly worried someone may walk up and open a hole in his gut.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

F_Shit_Fitzgerald posted:

Elon don't dance, and if he don't dance, he's no friend of mine.

You can skeet if you want to

You can leave followers behind

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jakabite
Jul 31, 2010
I still maintain that filming someone dancing in a slightly awkward way is really loving lame as an epic own and you should instead call them names to their face and make them feel extremely uncomfortable.