Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

sempervive is a dipshit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

neoaxd
Nov 13, 2004

STONE COLD 64 posted:

sempervive is a dipshit

Yep.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

what did he do this time

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!
I haven't seen it yet but I'm gonna guess he came up with a wildly stupid take just for the sake of arguing with Bryan over something completely inconsequential even though they basically agree on the larger point. Again.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

STONE COLD 64 posted:

sempervive is a dipshit

oh word???

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

lol if you're still listening to WOL

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
This week's Observer is the most poorly written and edited Observer in ages. Lots of typos "The Forgotten Suns" and punctuation missing or in the next paragraph, and paragraphs that are so dense they require multiple reads to discern meaning. A great issue.

Genericide
Jan 20, 2004

I feel privileged when I get to read a Dave sentence that stops midway because he got distracted and did something else.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

The world would be very different if the Observer had an editor that could translate Dave speak into English

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

MassRafTer posted:

This week's Observer is the most poorly written and edited Observer in ages. Lots of typos "The Forgotten Suns" and punctuation missing or in the next paragraph, and paragraphs that are so dense they require multiple reads to discern meaning. A great issue.

They just ended their season and they're already forgotten, that's the Durant curse

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
https://twitter.com/davemeltzerwon/status/1657446010204073984?s=46&t=AwMtDeZF_tX5DmOd53fE0g

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

either linked incorrectly or gone already

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
Somebody asked Dave if he wanted a report from Eurovision and Dave said sure

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Seams posted:

Somebody asked Dave if he wanted a report from Eurovision and Dave said sure

He says that every year and people don't follow through.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

It’s because nobody actually watches Eurovision, they just look at the funniest clips on twitter and then post online about how nobody voted for the UK because Europe hates us lol

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

I watched it and chatted in the goon discord it was good

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

deadlock hit 3000 patrons, RIP tony pizza guy

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

i re subbed for this but they never read my name :hotpickle:

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Suplex Liberace posted:

Sorry Richard

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

lmao does Konnan think Tony Khan is Gen Z

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Quantum of Phallus posted:

lmao does Konnan think

All evidence points to no

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

It’s a pretty good interview in fairness

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Quantum of Phallus posted:

lmao does Konnan think Tony Khan is Gen Z

Zoomer just means person i dont like to a lot of people

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

projecthalaxy posted:

Zoomer just means person i dont like to a lot of people

I guess we needed an update for “hipster”

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

This isn't an exact science, different people have different lines, but TK being born in early 1982 either makes him one of the oldest millenials or youngest gen x'ers.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

projecthalaxy posted:

the oldest millenial

That's your nXt gimmick

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Since Millenials are old now, Zoomer is the new "idiot kids"

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Malcolm Excellent posted:

That's your nXt gimmick

o no

E
One of the biggest moves in pro wrestling history was when TNA Wrestling moved to Spike TV. This happened right after WWE Monday Night Raw left Spike TV to return to the USA Network. TNA Wrestling had never been on national television before so this was a gigantic step for them. The very first match is AJ Styles vs Roderick Strong. The fans voted on the TNA Wrestling website that the very first match on the debut episode was to feature AJ Styles. This really set the pace for the 60 minute adrenaline rush. One thing that TNA did a really good job was making the X-Division very important. One big match we get is Petey Williams vs Alex Shelley vs Chris Sabin. They let them go out and kill it. Raven was the NWA Champion, however there was controversy in Canada as Jeff Jarrett would beat Raven. This would lead to The King of The Mountain teaming up with AMW and Scott D'Amore for Planet Jarrett. Jeff Jarrett would celebrate his NWA Title victory until Team 3D made their debut for TNA Wrestling and cleaned house. Just as Jeff Jarrett looked like he was going to leave, Kevin Nash would show up and inflict punishment to Double J. What a way to start off the new era of TNA Wrestling. Plus, The DEADLOCK Patreon Q&A returns to the podcast.

Do not even ask
Apr 8, 2008

Suplex Liberace posted:

Congrats on finally getting your name in the shoutouts today

Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

Boy, I think it's about time I tell you the difference between a man and a woman. A woman isn't a woman unless she's pretty. And a man isn't a man unless he's ugly.
I will be so sad if Deadlock doesn't review NWO Lakers vs. NWO Nuggets next week. The timing is just too perfect since they are about to play each other in the playoffs.

Maybe they'll listen if this comment gets enough upvotes?

Jubs fucked around with this message at 14:30 on May 15, 2023

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!
Excited to see Konnan is back on the show. I can't wait to hear what popular TV show Konnan is watching that Dave has no idea about.

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.

PaybackJack posted:

Excited to see Konnan is back on the show. I can't wait to hear what popular TV show Konnan is watching that Dave has no idea about.

I think Dave just watches old vhs tapes of 90210 and Welcome Back, Kotter.

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

Do not even ask posted:

Congrats on finally getting your name in the shoutouts today

im happy pulse couldn't say liberace but johnny could

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!

CopywrightMMXI posted:

I think Dave just watches old vhs tapes of 90210 and Welcome Back, Kotter.

Don't forget Dallas!

PaybackJack fucked around with this message at 18:09 on May 15, 2023

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
lol the universe hates james

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

I know Tony picks the ads himself, so why have I just gotten 3 ads for McDonald's frozen drinks on each ad break? Is this what the boys think of me?

Do not even ask
Apr 8, 2008

Raskolnikov38 posted:

lol the universe hates james

nah it's more that james didn't know that small business owners are loving insane and not worth dealing with

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Do not even ask posted:

nah it's more that james didn't know that small business owners are loving insane and not worth dealing with

well theres also the plane and the halo tournaments

ToiletofSadness
Mar 27, 2010

projecthalaxy posted:

I know Tony picks the ads himself, so why have I just gotten 3 ads for McDonald's frozen drinks on each ad break? Is this what the boys think of me?

I got a bunch of ads for healthcare and Medicaid so they must know I’m an old fucker.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Suplex Liberace posted:

im happy pulse couldn't say liberace but johnny could

I came to this thread just because of the disbelief that Pulse didn't know Liberace. And then it turns out it was your shoutout lmao.