Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Steve Wiebe.
This poll is closed.
Steve Wiebe. 30 42.25%
Steve Wiebe. 41 57.75%
Total: 48 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

My gamer co-worker played tales of the kingdom during lunch, kept softly muttering "what" and "oh drat", idk if he wanted his neighbours to ask him what's going on with his Link, but i let him be

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos

Khanstant posted:

The 60fps mods still break cutscenes right? Been sticking with 30 until until someone figures that one out.

Yeah, but I've yet to hit an actual cutscene since I left the tower, I'm like going to be annoyed when I eventually hit one I'm sure, but even stuff I was positive were cutscenes, like the voiced purah lines, and voiced rito lines, were just played at normal speed.

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos

Jay Rust posted:

My gamer co-worker played tales of the kingdom during lunch, kept softly muttering "what" and "oh drat", idk if he wanted his neighbours to ask him what's going on with his Link, but i let him be

lmao

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro

Jay Rust posted:

tbf to him but I do this at home where no one can hear me

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

can link wear his normal green tunic and hat in totk (or botw for that matter)

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"

Kerrzhe posted:

can link wear his normal green tunic and hat in totk (or botw for that matter)

Yes, there are analogues in the game for the classic green tunic + hat. You can also scan an amiibo and literally wear the gear from whichever amiibo you scan in. Breath of the Wild version of the Ocarina of Time set: https://zelda.fandom.com/wiki/Hero_of_Time_Set

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

Relax Or DIE posted:

they made the drat switch portable so you could take it to work dumbass

no it's so i can play it at rooftop parties

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Okay so the Zeldo does look pretty good but I'm still not sure about 70 bones.

Might just pull out my Wii U and try to actually finish BotW

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

Relax Or DIE posted:

they made the drat switch portable so you could take it to work dumbass

It's very easy for me to hide that I'm posting/looking at forums at work and not very easy to hide my switch :(. Thankfully only have to be in the office today and tomorrow this week and can pretend to work from home after.

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

Waffleman_ posted:

Okay so the Zeldo does look pretty good but I'm still not sure about 70 bones.

Might just pull out my Wii U and try to actually finish BotW

I loving hate to say it but if there's a $70 game it's TotK

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

can we stop and get zelda?
we have zelda on the phone. zelda on the phone: [picture of genshin impact]

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

star rails a good phone game. i say for no reason in particular.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
https://twitter.com/Halo/status/1658185733796945937

This is the guy who was supposed to be the central antagonist for the Halo trilogy following 3.

Also this tweet is a straight up lie there was no climactic confrontation it was a short QTE segment and then he got swarmed by a bunch of tiny, naked Cortanas. Cortana. Cortanai.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
More like Star Fails

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Cortanae

Not sure how he's a legendary figure when the reaction among players was almost univerally "who the hell is this guy"

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?

I don't have time to play switch at work and this is just one reason why I want a new job

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."

Viewtiful Jew posted:

This is the guy who was supposed to be the central antagonist for the Halo trilogy following 3.

Also this tweet is a straight up lie there was no climactic confrontation it was a short QTE segment and then he got swarmed by a bunch of tiny, naked Cortanas. Cortana. Cortanai.

Wait is this a game or the TV show

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

External Organs posted:

Wait is this a game or the TV show

c) tie-in novel

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."

haveblue posted:

c) tie-in novel

Oh! Oh.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

visual novel?

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

This novel is specifically for BDG, bless his soul

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Viewtiful Jew posted:

No one gives a poo poo about this guy or the ten billion versions of him there apparently are

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
i have literally never heard of whoever the hell that guy is

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
It's extra funny because novels are the reason for halo 4's reception in the first place

There were tie-in novels throughout the whole history of halo, but they recognized that text and video game have different strengths and weaknesses so the novels covered stuff that didn't appear in the games and vice versa. The big exception here is Halo: Reach, which overlaps and retcons a large chunk of the novel that was also about the fall of Reach, but nobody minded because the novel was old and the game gave them everything they wanted out of a game. But in general the novels were off doing their own thing and the game writers didn't pay them any mind

Then for Halo 4 someone decided the time had come to unify the games and novels into a Halo Extended Universe, so they wrote Halo 4 around the plot of the then-current novels

The problem was that the novels had been left alone for far too long and had evolved into an almost unrecognizable parallel universe, so connecting the end of Halo 3 to the HCU was a huge stretch of plot gymnastics and infodumps and retcons and related nonsense and was roundly rejected by everyone who had any interest in the game story (which was most of them, since Bungie was pretty good at it at that point)

haveblue fucked around with this message at 21:51 on May 15, 2023

bone emulator
Nov 3, 2005

Wrrroavr

Thanks to a earlier post complaining about it, I finally made it trough the Phazon Mines in Metroid Prime. I now have x ray vision, grappling hook and super bombs.
I feel like I'm nearing the end since most of my equipment slots are filled, but I only got 2 of the mcguffin relic things.
The game is good.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Feels Villeneuve posted:

i have literally never heard of whoever the hell that guy is

He is in one of those books. 343 is not doing anymore game content for Halo.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

haveblue posted:

It's extra funny because novels are the reason for halo 4's reception in the first place

There were tie-in novels throughout the whole history of halo, but they recognized that text and video game have different strengths and weaknesses so the novels covered stuff that didn't appear in the games and vice versa. The only big exception here is Halo: Reach, which overlaps and retcons a large chunk of the novel that was also about the fall of Reach, but nobody minded because the novel was old and the game gave them everything they wanted out of a game. But in general the novels were off doing there own thing and the game writers didn't pay them any mind

Then for Halo 4 someone decided the time had come to unify the games and novels into a Halo Extended Universe, so they wrote Halo 4 around the plot of the then-current novels

The problem was that the novels had been left alone for far too long and had evolved into an almost unrecognizable parallel universe, so connecting the end of Halo 3 to the HCU was a huge stretch of plot gymnastics and infodumps and retcons and related nonsense and was roundly rejected by everyone who had any interest in the game story (which was most of them, since Bungie was pretty good at it at that point)
sure but tell me you wouldnt have played doom 3 based on the mormon doom novels

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

homeless snail posted:

sure but tell me you wouldnt have played doom 3 based on the mormon doom novels

I would only play Doom based on Repercussions of Evil, and sure enough I played Doom Eternal

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I want to play the Metal Gear Solid based on the novel

Yaoi Gagarin
Feb 20, 2014

snail you forgot to put Rule the Waves 3 in the op. releasing may 18

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

VostokProgram posted:

snail you forgot to put Rule the Waves 3 in the op. releasing may 18
I do not know what that game is.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

looking it up on steam and the trailed is just a video of a spreadsheet. added to wishlist

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
When does the alien fingernail laser girl show up in the games

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Everything I know about halo comes from throwing protest grenades at my feet during sleepovers in high school and the TV show

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Khanstant posted:

When does the alien fingernail laser girl show up in the games

Who

Oh right, lmao

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos
So I've been working on color blindness stuff with reshade, and there's essentially two theories of thought when it comes to color correction, there's "hue adjustment" where you take every color and adjust them to be better in the range of visual register for the color impairment, and daltonization, which tries to create "bands" of saturation and contrast to algorithmically create contrasts across the bands. However, some of those fancy Daltonization methods have this annoying issue where the colors in the images look super weird for both regular folks with normal color vision and those with abnormal color vision problems. Like my color vision deficiency comes from head trauma, and doesn't quite work with all the methods. So I've been comparing the two, hue shifted (the values just pushed into the color register) and Daltonized (the values are algorithmically picked,) and here's what I got. An ability to show the reason I have to use a custom filter, instead of daltonized hasn't really been possible before I found this github

https://github.com/andrewwillmott/colour-blind-luts

So for the first time, I've been able to show why I hate the "stock" color blind correctness vs a hand made approach.

Tears of the kingdom possible spoiler, it's the first area you get into.

Normal \ Corrected \ Daltonized

Boba Pearl fucked around with this message at 22:32 on May 15, 2023

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Playing BotW, found a couple of shrines way out by the ocean, one on a big clifftop, the other on a little island just a bit too far out for my stamina to reach. So of course I became determined to get to both. Made it to the clifftop first, went in and realized it was a combat trial and I've put everything into stamina so far so I'm made out of paper, and had chewed up most of the weapons getting there. So I jumped off the cliff and glided down to the island shrine instead.... and it's a STRONGER version of the combat trial! :laugh:

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
https://twitter.com/LordRadai/status/1657865395028602880

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Boba Pearl posted:

So for the first time, I've been able to show why I hate the "stock" color blind correctness vs a hand made approach.

Tears of the kingdom possible spoiler, it's the first area you get into.

If I didn't scroll back up to read I would've thought this was comparing two of the reshade mods available. It's cool your color edits here serve a function to make the game look better to someone's eyes, instead of just making the game look much worse like non color-blind reshades do.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos
Reshade is goat'd for applying LUT filters, which is what I primarily use it for, all that other stuff tends to look terrible, and I don't actually believe that ray tracing does anything besides kill 15 fps.