Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: MokBa)

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

RandolphCarter posted:

Can someone tell me how to find a flute player to get this great fairy to open up shop?

keep your ears peeled for the flute near highland stable, it's closer than you think

there's a flute player in the tree nearest to the stable, it's actually kind of irritating because I thought it was part of the regular stable music at first, every other music player is far enough away that there's no overlap

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
Hey is the gloom monster sensitive to light or something? One spawned near me and then disappeared as if it died, leaving clumps. I wondered if it was the sun coming out from behind a cloud

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

Steve Yun posted:

Hey is the gloom monster sensitive to light or something? One spawned near me and then disappeared as if it died, leaving clumps. I wondered if it was the sun coming out from behind a cloud

no, but they're sensitive to pathfinding. if they can't reach you for an extended period of time they tend to despawn

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

Ursine Catastrophe posted:

keep your ears peeled for the flute near highland stable, it's closer than you think

there's a flute player in the tree nearest to the stable, it's actually kind of irritating because I thought it was part of the regular stable music at first, every other music player is far enough away that there's no overlap

Thank you.

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."
It seems like maybe they don't like rain , either?

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Lemming posted:

Plus, I think it also goes back to that original sense of the way they wanted people to play the original Zelda - if you want to know how to do something or get somewhere, you could ask someone else, or post about it, or find out in any number of ways that are easier than they've ever been, but allow you to choose whether you want to do that or not.

The period of pre-release was really exciting because even if you wanted to look something up, all you'd find were people even more clueless than you struggling with something you didn't even realize was meant to be an obstacle.

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!
Finally got the Master sword, man, not being able to get it the first time is a kick in the rear end, took me forever to find it again.

Went to test it on a gloom boss and it completely wrecked house, entirely worth the effort.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
thought i'd get clever with stairs... oops

i am a moron
Nov 12, 2020

"I think if there’s one thing we can all agree on it’s that Penn State and Michigan both suck and are garbage and it’s hilarious Michigan fans are freaking out thinking this is their natty window when they can’t even beat a B12 team in the playoffs lmao"

dsf posted:

this game is like BOTW, except good

Basically yes

Gnossiennes
Jan 7, 2013

Loving chairs more every day!

f#a# posted:

Oh, also, what are you all fusing to your shields? I haven't really found any "primary" one and it seems that most like dazzlefruit are single-use which I find cumbersome.

Still, a few fun ones: cannon, light, puffer shroom

Is there something I can fuse for like added durability?

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

I'm what the kids call: a big nerd

f#a# posted:

Oh, also, what are you all fusing to your shields? I haven't really found any "primary" one and it seems that most like dazzlefruit are single-use which I find cumbersome.

Still, a few fun ones: cannon, light, puffer shroom

Is there something I can fuse for like added durability?
mirror shield is OP in daylight

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Does minecart shield actually do anything? Doesn't seem to roll any better than normal shield surfing or railgrinds.

UnleashedDad
Jan 14, 2022

hi im tony. did you know that a koala's appendix is about two meters long.
I just started being able to play and I'm stuck on what to do next for the Great Sky Island. I think I did the shrines in the wrong order? I went to the shrine in the ice area and completed that after the first shrine. Then I made it to the mining area. I can see at the bottom of there that there is a big lake but I can't make it past there either through swimming or trying to make something with fans since they are too heavy. What should I do to get to the next shrine?

Ogmius815
Aug 25, 2005
centrism is a hell of a drug

gently caress the guy who designed the caves in the canyon with the thick rock walls. Using up all my bomb flowers.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

UnleashedDad posted:

I just started being able to play and I'm stuck on what to do next for the Great Sky Island. I think I did the shrines in the wrong order? I went to the shrine in the ice area and completed that after the first shrine. Then I made it to the mining area. I can see at the bottom of there that there is a big lake but I can't make it past there either through swimming or trying to make something with fans since they are too heavy. What should I do to get to the next shrine?

there are sails hanging around that lake you can put on a raft. there's wind blowing in the direction of the other shore.

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!
It looks like the light dragon scale shards might have a healing effect for weapons if I'm understanding the text right?

Also the dlc armors not having abilities kinda sucks, styles important but the armor abilities are so good.

beer gas canister
Oct 30, 2007

shmups are da best come play some shmups they're cheap and good and you like them
Plaster Town Cop

Dictator. posted:

Spent Friday and Sunday playing wayyyy past my bedtime.

Just arrived to the Rito village, unlocked a couple dragon tears, 2 towers, 10-15 shrines, spent a LOT of time underground collecting Poes.

Have a feeling I skipped quite some content rushing my horse from Tabanta to Rito (good to see the stable has all my old ones), I kept getting distracted and figured I should advance the main quest at least a little bit. Have also only been to one of the Sky Islands, not really sure how to get back up other than through the towers? Reverting the rocks that fall occassionally doesn't really get you high up enough.

Some tips:

Underground: Ride the Stalfos horses, they are immune to the red goop and you can traverse areas quickly. Don't engage too many battles early on cause the enemies there are strong as f.

Something that'll help flying: you can get a wingsuit armor in the sky island above the Lindor Brow tower. There's a minigame where you skydive. Getting under 35 seconds is easy, just don't glide. You'll get the armor. The second challenge is getting under 20 seconds, you need to be in constant diving position for it, but the reward isn't worth trying a whole bunch of times.

If you see a well hop into it, some lead to underground, others lead to caves with goodies. You can Ascend out of them

I skipped this earlier and forgot all about it, thanks for the reminder!

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Deki posted:

It looks like the light dragon scale shards might have a healing effect for weapons if I'm understanding the text right?

Also the dlc armors not having abilities kinda sucks, styles important but the armor abilities are so good.

Yeah, it's cool they added the in-world, but it would've been cooler if they at least replicated the effect of another set, or had some thematic bonus. Wind Waker faster sailing or swimming or gliding, idk. Fierce Diety set has plus attack, and that was like a secret armour in Majora's mask.

UnleashedDad
Jan 14, 2022

hi im tony. did you know that a koala's appendix is about two meters long.

Pinterest Mom posted:

there are sails hanging around that lake you can put on a raft. there's wind blowing in the direction of the other shore.

Is that on the side I am on because all I see on mine is mine carts and fans at the top that have tracks that are blocked inside the mine, boxes near the lake and at the top near some baddies, a log and that's about it.

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.
So went to the area underneath Hyrule castle because I happened to be there.

Spoilers for what's under there.

Yeah guess who ended up fighting the final boss with 6 heart, no armour upgrades and no healing.

Don't do that folks, it's loving stupid.

I'm proud enough to say that I managed to get through all the add waves once but then I got nailed by a Colgera tornado that oneshot me. Got that bastard down to like 25% as well.

Edit:

Like I probably should have thought "Maybe I shouldn't be here" when I fought a corrupted white lynel, but then I killed the fucker and was like, yeah fair enough let's go.

Natural 20 fucked around with this message at 02:51 on May 16, 2023

theblackw0lf
Apr 15, 2003

"...creating a vision of the sort of society you want to have in miniature"
In Kakiriko village, there a way to get to that one ring ruin that you’re forbidden to get to early in the game? Or do I need to wait for story developments?

Spent almost an hour trying to bypass the guy and wondering whether I should give up haha

mistermojo
Jul 3, 2004

I put the flux core on my shield and now its just spinning pleasantly. good stuff

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
If Nintendo add more zonai objects as DLC, I hope one is a Korok. Just say it's a toy or a robot replica in the flavour text, but let you spawn a helpless talking Korok rocking on their bag to abuse on your creations.

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
I feel dumb. How do I get more batteries?

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Zonaite.

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

SirPablo posted:

I feel dumb. How do I get more batteries?

Trade zonaite for crystallized charges at refineries, they’re found near mines. You need 300 crystals for a full cell

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

I am glad I had a save with the Giant Horse in the stable. First thing I did was trample to death a giant bokoblin.

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!

Bruceski posted:

I'm not saying this game should put death planes everywhere, and if they didn't it would feel jarring in some ways, but I kinda wish they had one there. Or a reset option. I missed jumps a few times as well.

Every missed sky jump has a death plane.

It's just, you know, really far down.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
What’s the death star doing in hyrule

Luff
Jul 11, 2006

Congratulations on not getting fit in 2011!
Really liking the Frostbite shirt. The nail polish matches the lipstick of the Cece hat too

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

shrine hunting sppilers: i just realized that there's a lightroot under every(?) shrine that isn't in the sky, and vice versa. holy hell that has made tracking down these last shrines so much easier, if a bit time-consuming. it's also made lighting up the depths easier as well.

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

theblackw0lf posted:

In Kakiriko village, there a way to get to that one ring ruin that you’re forbidden to get to early in the game? Or do I need to wait for story developments?

Spent almost an hour trying to bypass the guy and wondering whether I should give up haha

Story developments, although strictly speaking you can get to the thing that it eventually leads to early if you're really gung ho about it

DEEP STATE PLOT posted:

shrine hunting sppilers: i just realized that there's a lightroot under every(?) shrine that isn't in the sky, and vice versa. holy hell that has made tracking down these last shrines so much easier, if a bit time-consuming. it's also made lighting up the depths easier as well.

yeah someone fairly early on notes that I want to say it's in one of Robbie's journals when you're doing the first depths quest, it's simultaneously very helpful and very infuriating when the above-ground shrine is in a cave with the entrance half a mile away

Deki posted:

they do, but it seems to be an explicitly "on hitting things" effect so it's not like you can just stand around with it equipped for passive healing

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

You don't need thumbs for revenge

DEEP STATE PLOT posted:

I'm 90% sure the Depths is an inverse map of Hyrule. Like the upside down Dracula's Castle, only it's everything outside.

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

Updog Scully posted:

Good god, the score must be one of the finest in any video game. It's loving astounding.

It’s stunning. The lead up to the first big location the game guides you towards is… it’s just so drat good. What a game.

And the best themes are back, but there’s so much new stuff too.

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

You don't need thumbs for revenge
Have we considered that there might actually be too much to do in this game?

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

Orange Crush Rush posted:

hoping it can hold me over until Starfield

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

Orange Crush Rush posted:

only if you're one of those speedrunners going for 100%

this is absolutely one of those games you just play until you get tired of it, then go kill the last boss and call it a day until you want to replay it later

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

Fish Appreciator posted:

Finished the first dungeon. If the rest of the dungeons are half as spectacular, I would still call this game a monumental achievement.

Also, the Dragon Roost theme during the boss fight made me bust a fat nut.

I’m in the middle of this. And it is so EPIC

Tokelau All Star
Feb 23, 2008

THE TAXES! THE FINGER THING MEANS THE TAXES!

I miss remote bombs. But their absence has encouraged me to get better at perfect dodging in the early game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

oh i get it, it's HATeno village