Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cat botherer
Jan 6, 2022

I am interested in most phases of data processing.

HashtagGirlboss posted:

I went out to Newport for the weekend which I don’t regret because it feels like august here at 9am and I can’t imagine how bad it is inland but I’m worried all my plants are gonna die :ohdear:
All but like 3 of my plants died this year from a 1-2 punch of a crazy warm spell in March followed by a hard freeze. :cool:

Should have brought them in, but those guys all proved really hardy in the past.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Perry Mason Jar
Feb 24, 2006

"Della? Take a lid"
https://twitter.com/ScottDuncanWX/status/1657735652782243841

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
High amplitude OMEGA BLOCK

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

it's been cooler and really rainy here in central texas. el nino means the rest of the country is on fire or heat domed while we get a buch of rain and cooler temps lol

lows in the 60s the past few days, highs in the 70s. nice and mild. last year it was dry AF and already hitting 100 every day

biceps crimes has issued a correction as of 17:52 on May 14, 2023

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

biceps crimes posted:

it's been cooler and real rainy here in central texas. el nino means the rest of the world is on fire and heat domed while we get a buch of rain and cooler temps lol

I remember reading all the pretty horses in high school and it blowing my young mind when he’s describing snow in Texas at the beginning lmao

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

climate refuge Texas?? who could have predicted

Unless
Jul 24, 2005

I art

isn’t that why they’re so dead-set on them walls

lovin the CoCoRaHs network, we’ve been gettin’ wetter weather than I remember last year

TACD
Oct 27, 2000

blue texas, we finally did it

Hexigrammus
May 22, 2006

Cheech Wizard stories are clean, wholesome, reflective truths that go great with the marijuana munchies and a blow job.

Real hurthling! posted:

wasnt it like 140 degrees there last year one day? you'll make it

Like the bears, it's a matter of timing. The bears used to come down from the mountains in late September to raid orchards and trash bins to pack on a little extra fat for winter. As long the fruit was picked and the compost and trash was locked away they weren't a problem. But then they started showing up in May when nobody is ready for them physically or psychologically and we have problems.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0gTX2tyZUIw

Pooky
Aug 29, 2004

I post fox news so u don't have to 💋
weather's kinda nice with it today :shrug:

Perry Mason Jar
Feb 24, 2006

"Della? Take a lid"

Pooky posted:

weather's kinda nice with it today :shrug:

Hell yeah. You said it

TehSaurus
Jun 12, 2006

smoobles posted:

climate refuge Texas?? who could have predicted

nah this is just going to trick idiots into thinking everything is fine which is great because I needed another year to sell probably

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

yup, once La Niña rolls back around, we’re hosed

Wamsutta
Sep 9, 2001

not a drop of rain by me in CT in the last week and none in the forecast the next ten days. we are starting our drought a month earlier than 2022 that’s nice

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

Wamsutta posted:

not a drop of rain by me in CT in the last week and none in the forecast the next ten days. we are starting our drought a month earlier than 2022 that’s nice

Considering how wet the winter was and that my backyard was underwater until may 1 it's really a fine sample of how climate change makes extremes more extreme lol

TehSaurus
Jun 12, 2006

biceps crimes posted:

it's been cooler and really rainy here in central texas. el nino means the rest of the country is on fire or heat domed while we get a buch of rain and cooler temps lol

lows in the 60s the past few days, highs in the 70s. nice and mild. last year it was dry AF and already hitting 100 every day

because I’m mentally ill I decided I should fact check this even though it felt right. Weatherspark has the first 100+ day of 2022 as June 6th. We had a few more 90+ days by this point though.

NeonPunk
Dec 21, 2020

I just completely ignored that Cyclone Mocha hashtag because I thought it was just one of those trendy coffeeshop that just opened

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

getting a moist dome in phoenix. dew point is up.

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

https://www.azfamily.com/2023/05/15/debris-fills-parts-lake-pleasant/

drat. Be careful what you wish for

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

hifi posted:

getting a moist dome in phoenix. dew point is up.

hot

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

TehSaurus posted:

because I’m mentally ill I decided I should fact check this even though it felt right. Weatherspark has the first 100+ day of 2022 as June 6th. We had a few more 90+ days by this point though.

maybe where you’re at. i hit the first 100 last week in 2022, with lots of high 90s

e: nevermind, the official temp reading was 99, but my area is usually hotter due to heat island concrete stuff. basically an overreaction on my part, everything is fine here, nothing to see or worry about next La Niña, global warming is a hoax etc

biceps crimes has issued a correction as of 18:21 on May 15, 2023

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

hifi posted:

moist dome

TehSaurus
Jun 12, 2006

biceps crimes posted:

maybe where you’re at. i hit the first 100 last week in 2022, with lots of high 90s

e: nevermind, the official temp reading was 99, but my area is usually hotter due to heat island concrete stuff. basically an overreaction on my part, everything is fine here, nothing to see or worry about next La Niña, global warming is a hoax etc

I thought you were also in Austin? but maybe their temperature reading was taken at the airport or something. By the way that was absolutely not intended to be a callout, and if you felt like it was, I apologize. But also now I want to know what your temperature readings were last year because I want to know exactly how much doom we’re having.

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002
is there a problem with moist dome or

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

if the dew point goes above 50 you can't run the swamp cooler

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

TehSaurus posted:

I thought you were also in Austin? but maybe their temperature reading was taken at the airport or something. By the way that was absolutely not intended to be a callout, and if you felt like it was, I apologize. But also now I want to know what your temperature readings were last year because I want to know exactly how much doom we’re having.

im in austin, no worries :cheers:

Unless
Jul 24, 2005

I art

hifi posted:

if the dew point goes above 50 you can't run the swamp cooler

the majority of the US population doesn’t know how critical evaporative coolers are

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

I'm as annoying as the high-pitched whine of my motorcycle, desperately compensating for the lack of substance in my life.

Unless posted:

the majority of the US population doesn’t know how critical evaporative coolers are

They're too fat to sweat

TehSaurus
Jun 12, 2006

Unless posted:

look my air conditioner and the grid that powers it will last forever and I won’t hear any different!

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

TehSaurus posted:

look my air conditioner and the grid that powers it will last forever and I won’t hear any different!

it need not last forever, only for my average life expectancy

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

Cup Runneth Over posted:

it need not last forever, only for my average life expectancy

It’s like the joke about the hunters and the bear. You don’t need to survive climate change, you just need your biological functions to deteriorate faster than material conditions

VectorSigma
Jan 20, 2004

Transform
and
Freak Out

this is fine

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
I know you know how to do this.
Get up.

nature's sunglasses

VectorSigma
Jan 20, 2004

Transform
and
Freak Out

https://i.imgur.com/C5WPTAA.mp4

RadiRoot
Feb 3, 2007
canada gettin ripped

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

RadiRoot posted:

canada gettin ripped

this is an accurate description of the events currently unfolding

Vladimir Poutine
Aug 13, 2012
:madmax:
This recent dashcam footage is probably only weather-adjacent at best, but nonetheless
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=uySyqJZCLN8

Koirhor
Jan 14, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
AQI is 112 today in Columbus

never seen it this high before usually 40-50, thanks alot Canada

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

my eyes and lungs hurt

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hexigrammus
May 22, 2006

Cheech Wizard stories are clean, wholesome, reflective truths that go great with the marijuana munchies and a blow job.

Koirhor posted:

AQI is 112 today in Columbus

never seen it this high before usually 40-50, thanks alot Canada

Just wait until the tar sands tailing ponds catch fire.