Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fat Loser
May 27, 2004

Leper Go-getter posted:

I have never in my life pissed my pants.

You're not living your best life.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

monolithburger
Sep 7, 2011

Leper Go-getter posted:

I have never in my life pissed my pants.

Get a load of Mr. Continent over here :jerkbag:

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

Fat Loser posted:

You're not living your best life.

They said “never pissed my pants.”

Other peoples’ pants are clearly still on the table :twisted:

Vakal
May 11, 2008

Leper Go-getter posted:

Just quickly wanted to let you all know that I also no idea what it feels like to piss my pants for I have never in my life pissed my pants. My last CT scan made it super clear that I am all man as well.

Pants making GBS threads though!

ReelBigLizard
Feb 27, 2003

Fallen Rib
I pissed myself in front of two coworkers once.

To be fair it was because I passed out, in the hospital, where they had taken me because I had malaria.

E: that reminds me of an OSHA story too, there was a guy around the same time, got malaria and he got his company to fly him home to get treated in a Proper German Hospital.

...who called him a loving moron because what do they know better about malaria than the hospitals where they get malaria.

ReelBigLizard fucked around with this message at 21:48 on May 15, 2023

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Vakal posted:

I don't think that poster is a Zak S account.

Dysgenesis
Jul 12, 2012

HAVE AT THEE!

Vakal posted:

https://youtu.be/yHx8y1rFjdk

One of the best jokes ever told.

`Nemesis
Dec 30, 2000

railroad graffiti
i cannot answer your questions

teemolover42069
Apr 6, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

`Nemesis posted:

looks good for now let's go to lunch boys

LanceHunter
Nov 12, 2016

Beautiful People Club

`Nemesis posted:

I appreciate them throwing in just enough bracing to make sure the bottom end will kick up and take a chunk out of the house it's next to once it falls. You really can't leave that up to chance...

Yorkshire Pudding
Nov 24, 2006

I only pissed my pants once, and it was at work.

Twelve hours in full gear, most of that with wind whipping dust into our faces hard enough to blind the eyes and blister the skin. Packed shoulder to shoulder so tight we could barely raise our arms, with the din so loud you could scarcely hear the man next to you.

But you could hear the wailing of the Romans. They were pressed even tighter than, fenced in on every side by Carthaginian, Gaul, and the Spaniards like cornered hares. Their mouths let out wordless screams as they were hacked down, pressed in even tighter than we. 70,000 of them, enough blood that it felt like you were wading in the sea. And that, for hours and hours on end.

You’d have pissed yourself too.

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

ReelBigLizard posted:

I pissed myself in front of two coworkers once.

To be fair it was because I passed out, in the hospital, where they had taken me because I had malaria.

E: that reminds me of an OSHA story too, there was a guy around the same time, got malaria and he got his company to fly him home to get treated in a Proper German Hospital.

...who called him a loving moron because what do they know better about malaria than the hospitals where they get malaria.

Yeah, but those place have people who aren't white! QED :smugbert:

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
Go get one of the doctors that your nation poached from a neglected tropical country to support your standard of living.

Simple as.

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

that is one cocky son of a bitch

gbut
Mar 28, 2008

😤I put the UN🇺🇳 in 🎊FUN🎉

I’m still baffled where does the propulsion come from.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

gbut posted:

The boat mostly.

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

gbut posted:

he's basically surfin the bow wave and being a real show-off about it.

gbut
Mar 28, 2008

😤I put the UN🇺🇳 in 🎊FUN🎉

CainFortea posted:

The boat mostly.

That’s kinda a my question: is it a pressure created by the boat that helps the dolphin use it the way birds use jet streams to conserve energy?

Here’s hoping that some goon with with PhD in sea mammal hydrodynamics chimes in.

e;fb

Wingnut Ninja
Jan 11, 2003

Mostly Harmless

Buce posted:

that is one cocky son of a fish

Maxwells Demon
Jan 15, 2007

gbut posted:

That’s kinda a my question: is it a pressure created by the boat that helps the dolphin use it the way birds use jet streams to conserve energy?

Here’s hoping that some goon with with PhD in sea mammal hydrodynamics chimes in.

e;fb

As the boat moves forward, it has to displace the water that was in the space that it is in now. Some of that water is pushed forward (and then out). New water with forward velocity is constantly replacing the old water that eventually leaves. The dolphin is getting pushed by the forward-moving water.

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

gbut posted:

e;fb

Whether it's air or water, the movement of an object through a medium creates a pressure wave that expands outward from the object in the direction of travel. This is caused by the displacement of the medium itself as the object travels through it. Air - really any fluid - behaves in the same way. It's the reason why you get blasted with a huge gust of wind if you're standing by the side of the road and a big truck goes by at speed.

In fact, car drivers leverage this phenomenon to do something called 'drafting' (I like to call it the 'Trucc Succ') to reduce drag and improve their fuel effiency. Just as the front of the moving object develops a pressure wave in front of it, a region of reduced pressure forms at the rear, creating a vacuum effect that pulls objects in close proximity along in the object's wake. The downside is that in order to be in the Succ Zone, your following distance is too short to allow for adequate braking. OSHA (and DOT) would not approve.

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

Kesper North posted:

I like to call it the 'Trucc Succ'

The truckfuckler’s power grows by the day :cry:

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Mythbusters did a thing on it, I couldn't find a video though.

Poldarn
Feb 18, 2011

Yorkshire Pudding posted:

I only pissed my pants once, and it was at work.

Twelve hours in full gear, most of that with wind whipping dust into our faces hard enough to blind the eyes and blister the skin. Packed shoulder to shoulder so tight we could barely raise our arms, with the din so loud you could scarcely hear the man next to you.

But you could hear the wailing of the Romans. They were pressed even tighter than, fenced in on every side by Carthaginian, Gaul, and the Spaniards like cornered hares. Their mouths let out wordless screams as they were hacked down, pressed in even tighter than we. 70,000 of them, enough blood that it felt like you were wading in the sea. And that, for hours and hours on end.

You’d have pissed yourself too.

You guys hiring?

Maxwells Demon
Jan 15, 2007

Atticus_1354 posted:

The fun thing is humans don't have a sense that tells us something is wet. Our brain figures it out from temp, textures and circumstances. That's why a spreading warmth in your crotch makes your brain say "I think we pissed ourselves". It's also why I hate when coworkers would leave the heated seats on in a vehicle and I would feel them as I started down the road.

But you're able to confirm that you didn't piss yourself, so there's some extra mechanism that tells if it's actually wet or not. I can't think of many false positives or false negatives where we can actually convince ourselves something is wet when it isn't or dry when it's wet.

Samuel L. Hacksaw
Mar 26, 2007

Never Stop Posting

Maxwells Demon posted:

But you're able to confirm that you didn't piss yourself, so there's some extra mechanism that tells if it's actually wet or not. I can't think of many false positives or false negatives where we can actually convince ourselves something is wet when it isn't or dry when it's wet.

Latex gloves covered in tech-cool 3600 will make you think your hands are wet.

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

Maxwells Demon posted:

My dryer's in my garage. If I leave my laundry out there too long during the winter, I have to bring it inside and let it warm up before I can tell if it's still damp.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

https://i.imgur.com/dHxFfAW.mp4

paging shaggar

Trillhouse
Dec 31, 2000

hard to believe we eat these beautiful creatures.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

Trillhouse posted:

hard to believe we eat these beautiful creatures.

haven't heard of anyone chowing down on a ship tbh. is this a new thing?

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://va.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_rs6x7vgwCi1zs633i.mp4

https://va.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_rpygnaN5t51rpd0k1.mp4

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

Kith posted:

haven't heard of anyone chowing down on a ship tbh. is this a new thing?

In Japan and Peru deliberately. For everyone else? There's a reason why cans of tuna sometimes say something about being "dolphin-safe". (Actual dolphin safety may vary.)

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

Kesper North posted:

In Japan and Peru deliberately. For everyone else? There's a reason why cans of tuna sometimes say something about being "dolphin-safe". (Actual dolphin safety may vary.)

japanese and peruvian dolphins eat ships???

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

Kith posted:

i only see one creature in that video, it's the one doing spins off the bow of the inanimate object

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Kith posted:

Yes, and they've got nothing on those pink bastards from the Amazon

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

If two grown men can't make a pervert happy for a few minutes in order to watch a film about zombies, then maybe we should all just move to Iran!

Kith posted:

It doesn't sound right, but I honestly don't know enough about cetacean diets to call him out on it.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

Kesper North posted:

i only see one creature in that video, it's the one doing spins off the bow of the inanimate object

but i've heard in japanese media that ships can take on a life or their own, and possibly become canon. i think that's what happened here

Azhais posted:

Yes, and they've got nothing on those pink bastards from the Amazon

pink amazonian dolphins eat ships too??? no wonder amazon moved to warehouses and drones

TEMPLE GRANDIN OS
Dec 10, 2003

...blyat
there are also the junk eating dolphins of the Yangtze, sadly endangered

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

Kith posted:

but i've heard in japanese media that ships can take on a life or their own, and possibly become canon. i think that's what happened here

those animated films were not historically accurate i'm afraid

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

Kesper North posted:

those animated films were not historically accurate i'm afraid

oh, the ship doesn't have to be japanese? that makes more sense, i always wondered about that