Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

China Daily

US a sinking ship

Le Monde

by Urbs from France
Security for Elected Officials: the new thing about elections
"Are you voting for the one that does karate or the one that does judo?"

Charlie Hebdo

Tariq Ramadan, Islamologist, on trial for rape
"I demand a moratorium on judicial stoning."

Pap Ndiaye minister of Education, teacher recruiter
"I'm going to make you into super-teachers you bunch of f***." Slur for homosexual man.

"I'd appreciate if the geological era would just get on to the plastic age." On the impacts of the Anthropocene.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
So you admit it? Everything in the British Museum is stolen?

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Vib Rib posted:

So you admit it? Everything in the British Museum is stolen?
I don’t think they even deny it. “B-but then our museums would be empty :qq:” is an incredibly common defense they use. Not terribly surprising to see the OG Evil Empire feel entitled to its stolen loot, but it is brazen as hell to say it out loud.

Adenoid Dan
Mar 8, 2012

The Hobo Serenader
Lipstick Apathy
Oh that country we destroyed and impoverished doesn't have the resources to properly look after the artifacts - don't worry we'll take care of them as is our burden.

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

:australia:

Pope:

On Thailand's election, plus Eurovision (which is on early in the morning in Australia's time zone).

Lethbridge:

Rowe:

The budget commentary has a lot about how much or little it is doing for whatever "middle Australia" is.

Wilcox:

On the Voice to Parliament.

Leak, Son of Leak:

The Australian has an article on how aluminium cans collected for recycling are shipped overseas because we can't process them in Australia.

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.

100YrsofAttitude posted:

China Daily

US a sinking ship

Uh oh, the US economy is under the combined threat of inflation, the debt crisis, the banking crisis and two sharks

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Dr. Yinz Ljubljana
Nov 25, 2013

The British toon featuring Hockney was as much of surprise as seeing it referenced in Bojack Horseman

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

Pants Donkey posted:

I don’t think they even deny it. “B-but then our museums would be empty :qq:” is an incredibly common defense they use. Not terribly surprising to see the OG Evil Empire feel entitled to its stolen loot, but it is brazen as hell to say it out loud.

I watched the original 1932 Mummy film recently, and it's amusing watching the British archeologists bitch about how the Egyptian Government wanted the Egyptian artifacts to be put on display in the Egyptian museums. How dare the Egyptians think they have a right to their relics :jerkbag: That was sarcasm.

idonotlikepeas
May 29, 2010

This reasoning is possible for forums user idonotlikepeas!
Jeff Danziger

Ann Telnaes - A DeSantis Education

Randall Enos - Writer's Block

Dave Whamond

Adam Zyglis

Mike Thompson

David Horsey

Korthal
May 26, 2011

JamesBont posted:

Kellies Nomination: Most Incomprehensible

I've been staring at this for a few minutes, and I have no clue what this is saying.

I'm a few days late but I had to respond with an explanation: In 2021 Kagen turned down a gift of bagels from a friend because she was concerned about violating ethics rules on gifts.

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.

Randalor posted:

I watched the original 1932 Mummy film recently, and it's amusing watching the British archeologists bitch about how the Egyptian Government wanted the Egyptian artifacts to be put on display in the Egyptian museums. How dare the Egyptians think they have a right to their relics :jerkbag: That was sarcasm.

Was it. That was sarcasm was it

Charlz Guybon
Nov 16, 2010

Kikas posted:

Which would explain why I got it on my private PC (no VPN), as well as my work laptop (full on VPN)... but I could see the images on my phone in the same Wifi network :psyduck: ? What is this nightmare setup Imgur is doing?

The most unrealistic thing is that any bus service would have such detailed info on their bus arrival/status at any stop, and I say that as someone living in a city with working public transit.

Korea has screen embedded in their bus stops that says how many stops away every bus that serves that stop has, and has had them for more than ten years.

Charlz Guybon
Nov 16, 2010

Murdstone posted:

This is like 90s-era racist bitching. The few occasions I've had to use the phone to talk to call some customer service line and it did language options, it's always just English and someone comes on in Spanish briefly and says something I always assumed was "Press 1 for Spanish" then goes on in English but technically I don't know what they're saying in Spanish during that brief time so maybe they're passing Great Replacement messages from Soros.

IIRC Pat Buchannon had a political ad like that when he primaried George. H.W. Bush in '92. Guy calls 9/11 and dies because it goes through so many different language options.

Skios
Oct 1, 2021
A.F. Branco

Al Goodwyn

Andy Marlette

Bob Gorrell

Chip Bok

Gary Varvel

John Deering

Mike Luckovich

Steve Breen

Steve Kelley

Tom Stiglich

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Skios posted:

Bob Gorrell

Kellies Nomination: Laziest Gorrell

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Skios posted:

Tom Stiglich

Kellies nomination: Least concealed bigotry (ageism); Most opposite of reality

Dopefish Lives!
Nov 27, 2004

Swim swim hungry

Skios posted:

A.F. Branco

Kellies Nomination: Worst Gaslighting

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Two black guys laughing: this dude just said white supremacy is a threat, what an old kook

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Durham report was quiet literally “I can’t think of anything the FBI should have or could do different but uh Trump shouldn’t have been investigated because I dunno” and of course the people you expect at running with it as a slam dunk. I mean it could have literally been blank pages and they’d still be doing the same thing but :lol:

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖

Brawnfire posted:

Two black guys laughing: this dude just said white supremacy is a threat, what an old kook
Sincerely, a white guy

Saint Sputnik
Apr 1, 2007

Tyrannosaurs in P-51 Volkswagens!

Whatever happened to A Hungry Mouth anyway, I haven't seen them since I took up posting again

Saint Sputnik
Apr 1, 2007

Tyrannosaurs in P-51 Volkswagens!

Alhazred posted:

People are angry about Sweden winning Eurovision.

Corner Kelly: Cha cha cha cheated

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

Skios posted:

Steve Kelley

Am I missing some reason, possibly De Niro related, for "noo noo nah nah" instead of the eternally and universally agreed upon standard of "goo goo gah gah"?

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Brawnfire posted:

Not that surprising. It's a common right-wing trope that all "respectable" black people know that racism is over and only lazy shiftless thugs wanting a handout ever play the race card.

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.

To help everyone feel old, I believe this film reference is 51 years of age.

RoboRodent
Sep 19, 2012

Murdstone posted:

This is like 90s-era racist bitching. The few occasions I've had to use the phone to talk to call some customer service line and it did language options, it's always just English and someone comes on in Spanish briefly and says something I always assumed was "Press 1 for Spanish" then goes on in English but technically I don't know what they're saying in Spanish during that brief time so maybe they're passing Great Replacement messages from Soros.

The point is this is outdated and even in the past it was almost always English first, then press X for some other language.

And even if it weren't both outdated and wrong who loving cares it's a goddam button loving push the one you need you gently caress.

I'm way too mad about how stupid this cartoon is.

Meanwhile, my whole life, "pour le service en français, faites le deux."

These people out here thinking that something that doesn't even inconvenience them but helps other people who are not them is some sort of terrible imposition. It's loving weird.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

drat check out the dumper on media :tutbutt:

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

😌Finally, an avatar the describes my love of tech❤️‍💻, my love of anime💖🎎, and why I'll never see a real girl 🙆‍♀️naked😭.

Charlz Guybon posted:

Korea has screen embedded in their bus stops that says how many stops away every bus that serves that stop has, and has had them for more than ten years.
In the US, you're lucky to have a BUS STOP at a bus stop; while there are a few places with the yurt-style bench-and-roof "bus stop", most of the ones around here are just a GATRA band on a telephone pole.

Trapezium Dave posted:

Leak, Son of Leak:

The Australian has an article on how aluminium cans collected for recycling are shipped overseas because we can't process them in Australia.

Especially infurating because Aluminum is one of the few things in common use that can be a real recylcing success story. You can recycle 20 aluminium cans in the energy it takes to make 1 can from boxite, and it can be infinitely recycled. So, short of taking them on a car trip around oceana, I can't see how any recyling of aluminum is bad.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
:britain:

Guardian:

"Ben Jennings on Zelenskiy’s visit to Chequers – The Ukrainian president flew for a meeting with Rishi Sunak, who promised to supply more weapons for Ukraine’s fight against Russia’s invasion"

Telegraph:

Keir Starmer to give millions of EU nationals the vote

Matt:

Prince Andrew intends to honour the 55 years left on his lease, friends say

Times:

Cabinet ministers approve just one of Suella Braverman’s immigration plans

Evening Standard:

Vodafone to cut 11,000 jobs as CEO says ‘our performance has not been good enough’

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes

oh no anything but votes for all

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

China Daily

A grave reality

Le Monde

Turquie : c’est parti pour un second tour/Turkey: Onto the runoff by Ahmed Rahma from Turkey

by Chappatte from Switzerland
"The counter-offensive has begun in Rome, Berlin, Paris, and London!"

No pun intended, but all these Swiss comics feel interestingly neutral on the matter.

Charlie Hebdo

For a Cannes Festival that speaks to the French.

Presse Citron

Prison Overpopulation: It's no longer livable "We don't even know where to sleep anymore."

:wow:
I don't know what sort of Kellie it is but they're straight up calling prisoners vermin. Or the joke got BUTCHERED in execution.

"It's not the drought that's in control!"

Diplomatic incident with Italy: Darmanin sends his apologies
Bodies read 'Déso' a truncation or désolé or My bad

100YrsofAttitude fucked around with this message at 20:46 on May 16, 2023

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009

100YrsofAttitude posted:

Prison Overpopulation: "We don't even know where to sleep anymore."

:wow:
I don't know what sort of Kellie it is but they're straight up calling prisoners vermin. Or the joke got BUTCHERED in execution.

Being possibly more generous than they deserve, the joke might be that the prison is so overcrowded with prisoners that there's no room left for the rats? Hence "c'est plus vivable" - it's nicer because the rats aren't there any more.

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Die Rettung fuer die Landwirte:
I would interpret it as "the prisons are so overpopulated even the rodents are crowded out".

Presse Citron is a punny name that I can't associate with any publication though. Or is it still CH? In that case… I have no idea if your interpretation or mine is correct, because those people are high-grade teenage edgelords.

Forum accident
Jun 15, 2006

All hail Thor...the THUNDER GOD!

Wait is this supposed to be racist against the Italians or Chinese?

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

NRVNQSR posted:

Being possibly more generous than they deserve, the joke might be that the prison is so overcrowded with prisoners that there's no room left for the rats? Hence "c'est plus vivable" - it's nicer because the rats aren't there any more.

Yeah fun thing about French, that 'plus' can mean more or no longer, there is a "logic" to it but I'm not sure I can explain it right. Looking it now I didn't translate that part. Have done so now.

Antigravitas posted:

I would interpret it as "the prisons are so overpopulated even the rodents are crowded out".

Presse Citron is a punny name that I can't associate with any publication though. Or is it still CH? In that case… I have no idea if your interpretation or mine is correct, because those people are high-grade teenage edgelords.

This is what I suspect the intention was. Presse Citron seems to be a sort of award given to Art School students and working professionals in politoons. CH is clearly heavily involved but it's not just them. Among the different awards given that night one of them is specifically the "Prix Charlie" I think given by the artists of the magazine.

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
People have been predicting for years that a wave of faceless, inhuman migrants will storm our border in a massive caravan and totally destroy our nation and it's still yet to happen. A good cartoon.

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan
"if it's not an immediate, emergency problem why have i been insisting it is for decades? :smuggo:"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007

Actual lol again! Has Marlette been being posted? They've actually been making jokes with these.