Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: MokBa)

UZR IS BULLSHIT
Jan 25, 2004
So the shrine near Wetland Stable (Forward Force I think?):

This whole thing is just trolling, right? The premade car easily plows over the lava, but then…WTF? The only thing I could figure out how to do for BOTH subsequent puzzles was cheese them by attaching planks together until I could reach the ball with Ultrahand from the target platforms.

I have two engineering degrees and this game is making me feel like they should be taken away from me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
just played for a couple hours and did nothing but build my house several times lol

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

UZR IS BULLSHIT posted:

This whole thing is just trolling, right? The premade car easily plows over the lava, but then…WTF? The only thing I could figure out how to do for BOTH subsequent puzzles was cheese them by attaching planks together until I could reach the ball with Ultrahand from the target platforms.

I have two engineering degrees and this game is making me feel like they should be taken away from me.

ah, that's where that one was, I was trying to remember what it was called so I could ask other people what the gently caress was up with it

no, I still have no idea what mechanic that shrine was trying to tutorialize

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Paya turning Kakariko into a tourist trap feels very on brand for her

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

These motherfuckers really named the ents evermeans

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

UZR IS BULLSHIT posted:

checking it again, the second room if you put put the flat panel on the side of the sliding block and put two wheels on it just right, it can "just drive" up the side of the slats. third room...it feels like it's trying to tutorialize the wheels as some form of water propulsion, but it might also be "use the rafts with wheels to drive up on top of the two walls, just line it up very carefully"? I'm still at a bit of a loss there

Item Getter
Dec 14, 2015
Does the dark link outfit you can buy from the statue in lookout landing do anything or is it just for looks?

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

Ursine Catastrophe posted:

checking it again, the second room if you put put the flat panel on the side of the sliding block and put two wheels on it just right, it can "just drive" up the side of the slats. third room...it feels like it's trying to tutorialize the wheels as some form of water propulsion, but it might also be "use the rafts with wheels to drive up on top of the two walls, just line it up very carefully"? I'm still at a bit of a loss there

You attach the planks to the hubcaps of the wheels to make a paddle boat

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

Khanstant posted:

just played for a couple hours and did nothing but build my house several times lol

Groovy! (How you do that?)

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

Item Getter posted:

Does the dark link outfit you can buy from the statue in lookout landing do anything or is it just for looks?

I bought it tonight. It's just for looks. You can't upgrade it, and there are no special effects. All those poor poes and their sacrifice for my lewks

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

Sandwich Anarchist posted:

aaaahh, ha

my first attempt was "just the wheels in the water", second attempt was "wheels behind the raft", third attempt was "can the wheels be set on top of the raft with sufficient friction with the walls to pull it along"

welp

My Second Re-Reg
Aug 31, 2021

Come on down.
Let's make a deal.
re: Forward Force shrine:

I just built a really long bridge out of the wooden planks? :shobon:

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.

SirPablo posted:

I feel dumb. How do I get more batteries?

RandolphCarter posted:

Trade zonaite for crystallized charges at refineries, they’re found near mines. You need 300 crystals for a full cell

While you need 300 for a full cell, that's more like you need 20 Lights of Blessing for a full stamina wheel. The smallest discrete turn-in requirement is 100 for a third of a cell.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Found my new favorite Korok video

https://twitter.com/sierralatteff14/status/1657591888986390528

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
You can skip the second puzzle of Forward Force by placing the car about halfway up the ramp and just climbing up the ladder to Ultrahand it from there.

And yeah the third one is slapping planks on the sides of the wheels to make a paddleboat. It's one of those things that feels like surely they hadn't accounted for, yet it just works.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

So I found the Fierce Deity's pants in a tree stump, my guess is that those giant spears are signs you're close to rest of the set.

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

https://twitter.com/gross_feet/status/1658329750014685185?s=46

The Kingfish fucked around with this message at 05:33 on May 16, 2023

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Good lord, to TTP for this game is 0 because they have a built in donger (schematic spoiler)

actually, maybe build one of these yourself if you got bomb problems son.

Heavy Metal posted:

Groovy! (How you do that?)

Go to Tarrytown and help Father and Wife send their kiddo off to Hogwarts, then Rhondason will let you purchase a Dream Home. Then you purchase individual rooms to glue together on your plot of land.

spoiler just in case but idk I think all players should have a home that's what i campaigned on

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
Where is all the armor, I've been in a bunch of caves and I've found only a couple of pieces and I spoiled myself on some sets and I'm clearly not a thorough enough explorer :(

Also I just finished the Water Temple and uh, the ability seems pretty useless compared to the Wind and Fire ones

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

Out of curiosity has anyone found where you can customize the paraglider? I've gotten a couple of cloths now but haven't run into wherever that may be.

And I absolutely need to have a Gerudo Glider.

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

YoshiOfYellow posted:

Out of curiosity has anyone found where you can customize the paraglider? I've gotten a couple of cloths now but haven't run into wherever that may be.

The Hateno Dye Shop

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

Oh nice I just wandered over there. Cheers!

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!
Man, the wind avatar is mvp by far.

Random headshots are way better than everyone else's melee ability, and I don't have to play hide and seek to use his ability

E: also wish there was alternate text for some of these scenes if you do them after knowing what happened to Zelda.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat

YoshiOfYellow posted:

Also some amiibos

PageMaster
Nov 4, 2009
Are there any QoL things worth beelining for? I remember basically having to get the super jump ability as soon as possible to make traveling a lot more convenient.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

PageMaster posted:

Are there any QoL things worth beelining for? I remember basically having to get the super jump ability as soon as possible to make traveling a lot more convenient.

Go do Rito Village first, then go swing by Lookout Landing til Josha sends you on a spelunking mission or two.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

Ursine Catastrophe posted:

aaaahh, ha

my first attempt was "just the wheels in the water", second attempt was "wheels behind the raft", third attempt was "can the wheels be set on top of the raft with sufficient friction with the walls to pull it along"

welp

I made a long bridge in the center and carried the ball to the other side.

Dr. Video Games 0031
Jul 17, 2004

For Forward Force I simply lifted the ball up to the receptacle at the start. I saw there was a bunch of puzzle poo poo in the distance but it seemed complicated so I didn't bother.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Dr. Video Games 0031 posted:

For Forward Force I simply lifted the ball up to the receptacle at the start. I saw there was a bunch of puzzle poo poo in the distance but it seemed complicated so I didn't bother.

gently caress.

:stonklol:

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

How's that work, because the entire shrine seemed like it was set up to not let you do that?

Dr. Video Games 0031
Jul 17, 2004

Captain Hygiene posted:

How's that work, because the entire shrine seemed like it was set up to not let you do that?

Lean the metal plate up against the wall with the ladder on it. Walk up the metal plate. Grab the ball and raise it as high as it will go. Drop it and climb the ladder. Recall the ball back up to its high point, then grab it and place it in the receptacle.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

Lean the metal plate up against the wall with the ladder on it. Walk up the metal plate. Grab the ball and raise it as high as it will go. Drop it and climb the ladder. Recall the ball back up to its high point, then grab it and place it in the receptacle.

I need to remember to use recall way more often.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

:negative:
I tried so hard and failed to get around building a contraption there

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Sandwich Anarchist posted:

Lol o just attached the planks to the tire itself going forward and that worked, the plank was long enough it kept hitting the floor and making the vehicle go forward

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
Very knowledgeable and entertaining linguist on tiktok examines the writing system in TOTK

https://www.tiktok.com/embed/7233580212036914475

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

100 shrines done :toot:

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

there's a lot of ways to cheese just about every shrine but I was trying to pick up what the developers were putting down, since a lot of the shrines were legitimately "mechanics that I wouldn't have thought of/didn't think would work"

not all of them were useful mechanics, but I was predisposed towards them since one of them tutorialized the recall elevator in the first place

Waffleopolis
Apr 24, 2005

It's time....for the MAIN event!
I need help with one of the four Main Story quests

In the Tulin quest, I got his bow back and we wanted to reach the storm. I mistook something and went somewhere. Tulin said to talk to him again if you are ready for the quest. I have NO loving CLUE where Tulin is if you go the wrong way. Where is he?!

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat
https://www.tiktok.com/embed/7233262061654904090

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat
https://www.tiktok.com/embed/7233516656604220718