Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

Futanari Damacy posted:

Is season 2 good. watched the first one in its entirety and liked it but didn’t feel the momentum

I liked it but S1 was way better

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf

Futanari Damacy posted:

Is season 2 good. watched the first one in its entirety and liked it but didn’t feel the momentum

It's good but it feels sort of disconnected and unfocused compared to s1. Like I enjoyed it, there were many funny plotlines and episodes, but if momentum and tight pacing are important to you then temper your expectations

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

the good doctor is a nick mullen bit but it's done in earnest

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

KomradeX posted:

Thanks snopes for confiming it in the most round about way

lmfao, snopes ftw

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021
the good doctor is really popular too. Like 10x people watched that instead of the marvel shows that allegedly broke the internet.

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

lobster shirt posted:

think im gonna watch a couple episodes of hosue tonight

what season

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

So is the dude a good doctor?

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf
no

he’s THE good doctor. all the others are fine at bbest. you think you might have met a good doctor or two in your time, but this dude’s next level

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

Even autism aside, wouldn’t someone be suspended for domestic violence if they threatened their romantic partner like that?

Lea Dilallo: [Shaun is at the parking garage next to Lea's car with a club in his hand] Shaun?

Dr. Shaun Murphy: I want to smash your car up.

Lea Dilallo: I think that's a bad idea.

Dr. Shaun Murphy: I want to hurt you, the way you hurt me.

Lea Dilallo: I'm sorry.

Dr. Shaun Murphy: You... you... you're... .

[Tries smashing her car but throws the club on the ground]

Dr. Shaun Murphy: I can't. I can't. You acted like you cared about me, but you don't even respect me. You're flaky. And... And you can't keep a boyfriend. And you can't keep a job. And no one likes you. And, and you're going to end up alone, and you deserve it! Because you're a superficial, selfish, and prejudiced person!

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

yellowcar posted:

the good doctor is a nick mullen bit but it's done in earnest

Felix hates it because he didn't come up with the idea first

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021

genericnick posted:

So is the dude a good doctor?

he is a good doctor but a bad surgeon lol.

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

Tankbuster posted:

he is a good doctor but a bad surgeon lol.

Comic understatement

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IDHjcMbYljc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uiVUkH5QrRg
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FrwVpnu9Cd8

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021
I watched the show prior to the pandemic when I was on my post house MD kick.

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Futanari Damacy posted:

yes i'm rewatching it right now in anticipation of the third and it's good

Popy
Feb 19, 2008

we need a dr show where they tally up the patients hospital bill at the end. I was recently watching House and was thinking some of these peoples bills have to be at least like half a mil

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

crepeface posted:

what season

last night i watched s2e8: the mistake

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
I liked the House season where he was getting new apprentices and made it into a Survivor style gameshow

Bear Retrieval Unit
Nov 5, 2009

Mudslide Experiment
All I remember from House is an episode where he steals an experimental leg fixing drug that was shown to work on mice. Later it turns out all the mice got super cancer so House gets shitfaced on whiskey and pills then operates on himself in the bathtub to remove the tumors.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

Zedhe Khoja posted:

ted lasso is pretty much identical in tone to the kind of poo poo the Nazi's put on the screen. Unbearably cutesy saccharine horror to disguise the militarism and hate inherent to the society that produced it.

dudes right

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

Got my mind on doritos and doritos on my mind.

Bear Retrieval Unit posted:

All I remember from House is an episode where he steals an experimental leg fixing drug that was shown to work on mice. Later it turns out all the mice got super cancer so House gets shitfaced on whiskey and pills then operates on himself in the bathtub to remove the tumors.

lol yea that was a weird one

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/BuzzFeed/status/1658115306563284996

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

i'm not a medical expert and i have no idea how tumors work but that all sounds right as hell to me

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

glad im normal with my parasocial fixations

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

AnimeIsTrash posted:

glad im normal with my parasocial fixations

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Frosted Flake posted:

Good doctor got drunk and explicitly threatened his ex-gf w a baseball bat

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=S0Ihh59sQSs&pp=ygUSU2hhdW4gbGVhIGJhc2ViYWxs

I applaud the show for showing an accurate representation of the Cycles of abuse. In a couple of seasons we will see Shaun hit his kid to really drive home the point.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Frosted Flake posted:

Even autism aside, wouldn’t someone be suspended for domestic violence if they threatened their romantic partner like that?

Oh you sweet child. Domestic abuse happens often and mostly in secret. When the police do become involved it rarely has consequences for the perpetrator.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

there was that one where he figures out that he's in a coma and needs to wake up because nothing about the case makes sense so he straight up kills the patient via grisly dismemberment and it "breaks decorum" so hard it snaps him back into consciousness

selec
Sep 6, 2003

[jumping up and down and hooting] Noah Kulwin and Jon Ganz are fighting on Twitter! Over Mike Crumplar!

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

slave to my cravings posted:

lol yea that was a weird one

you mean an awesome one

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

gradenko_2000 posted:

there was that one where he figures out that he's in a coma and needs to wake up because nothing about the case makes sense so he straight up kills the patient via grisly dismemberment and it "breaks decorum" so hard it snaps him back into consciousness

was that the one where he hallucinates the Dean of medicine in a schoolgirl outfit doing a pile dance while she explains the case?

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

crepeface posted:

was that the one where he hallucinates the Dean of medicine in a schoolgirl outfit doing a pile dance while she explains the case?

no that was a different one, the cuddy pole dance episode is when he is trying to figure out what symptoms he noticed after a bus crash he was involved in (amber). the coma episode is when some guy barges into the hospital and shoots him. these episodes are titled, respectively, house's head, and no reason.

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

Got my mind on doritos and doritos on my mind.
cutthroat bitch

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)
Remembering the very special episode where the bisexual doctor comes out and they all go to a strip bar with her

BitcoinRockefeller
May 11, 2003

God gave me my money.

Hair Elf

A taylor swift article that has half a million views that is also filled with close ups of adam friedland was not on the bingo card. Let's see if nick ruins T- Swift's relationship like it's an IBM commercial.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Tay-tay is based (communist)

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Mr Hootington posted:

Tay-tay is based (communist)

Weren't there some white power allegations a few years ago

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

“Someone said ‘Either he isn’t as bad as we think, or she isn’t as good as we think, pick one.’ I hate to say it, but I’m leaning towards her.”

- me, learning that dasha dated adam

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

freddie deboer has blogged about taylor swift

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

gradenko_2000 posted:

Weren't there some white power allegations a few years ago

The alt-right latched on to her and she publicly said "Ew. No." While getting up and moving to a different lunch table.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Best Friends
Nov 4, 2011

Mr Hootington posted:

she publicly said "Ew. No." While getting up and moving to a different lunch table.

this is white supremacist behavior and it’s shocking