Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Bison? Bye, son.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spuckuk
Aug 11, 2009

Being a bastard works

WarEternal posted:

I would play nothing but this character forever.

Tekken also did this already since Tekken 6

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

Symbolic Butt posted:

Hot Take: I hope none of the SF2 boss characters (Balrog, Vega, Sagat and Bison) come back in SF6.

Why though? I like Sagat he's my guy.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
Early leak reveals that SF7's base roster is ONLY Boss Characters.

That's right, Ryu, Dan, and Q are back, baby!

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Imagine the hype like 4 years from now when they release the shadowloo season pass or whatever probably

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

Raul Julia Bison DLC.

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?
Sorry its Neal McDonough Bison instead.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!

David D. Davidson posted:

Sorry its Neal McDonough Bison instead.

Genuinely, I think Neal McDonough has it in him to do an in-series redemption if he wanted, like how James Marsters went from Dragonball Evolution to voicing Zamasu in Super. Neal can do a great hammy villain, you just need to give him the right material.

I'm not sure who in Street Fighter's universe could do well with him, though, he doesn't suit the more muscular, brute-force styles you see in Street Fighter most of the time. Someone like JP would've suited him well (especially if it's the smaller build we're seeing in the comics), but outside of that... I dunno, Rolento?

Cleretic fucked around with this message at 05:30 on May 13, 2023

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Cleretic posted:

Genuinely, I think Neal McDonough has it in him to do an in-series redemption if he wanted, like how James Marsters went from Dragonball Evolution to voicing Zamasu in Super. Neal can do a great hammy villain, you just need to give him the right material.

I'm not sure who in Street Fighter's universe could do well with him, though, he doesn't suit the more muscular, brute-force styles you see in Street Fighter most of the time. Someone like JP would've suited him well (especially if it's the smaller build we're seeing in the comics), but outside of that... I dunno, Rolento?

Holy poo poo, Spike from Buffy is Zamasu?

That owns

Weird Pumpkin
Oct 7, 2007

Tallgeese posted:

Raul Julia Bison DLC.

:emptyquote:

pretty soft girl
Oct 1, 2004

my dead grandfather fights better than you

Tallgeese posted:

Raul Julia Bison DLC.

Cary-Hiroyuki Tagawa Shang Tsung in MK11 was the only thing about it that actually hyped me up once it became clear it was one of the most tedious fighting games ever made, getting the SF equivalent in a game that's actually good would be amazing

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Sawada part 2: He's totally going to go over this time

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

pretty soft girl posted:

Cary-Hiroyuki Tagawa Shang Tsung in MK11 was the only thing about it that actually hyped me up once it became clear it was one of the most tedious fighting games ever made, getting the SF equivalent in a game that's actually good would be amazing

that and the launch trailer using the movie theme were the best parts of mk11

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH

:golfclap:

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
https://twitter.com/ugo_2u/status/1657536010496999434

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

That's interesting. I would've expected jumping would regen faster since it's a high risk thing to do.

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

Wow. I thought I noticed a difference in recovery time while horsing around in the demo, but assumed it was just me

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
On the one hand: lol standing still having a slower regen time than backpedaling.

On the other hand: Neutral jump whiff punish is the thing that I was seeing people consistently get clowned by when trying that level 8 cpu.

SwissArmyDruid fucked around with this message at 20:32 on May 14, 2023

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming
https://youtu.be/DXb6xzN4VzM

TLDR all consoles have locked 60 fps in actual gameplay but the PS4 chugs a bit in World Tour

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

morestuff posted:

https://youtu.be/DXb6xzN4VzM

TLDR all consoles have locked 60 fps in actual gameplay but the PS4 chugs a bit in World Tour

I haven’t watched this yet but I remember the PS5 demo had a performance/ resolution toggle. What exactly does that do? I’m assuming fighting is locked to 60 either way, is it mostly just for the world tour mode fps?

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

man nurse posted:

I haven’t watched this yet but I remember the PS5 demo had a performance/ resolution toggle. What exactly does that do? I’m assuming fighting is locked to 60 either way, is it mostly just for the world tour mode fps?

Yeah, for some reason fights default to 30 fps in World Tour in resolution mode, locked 60 in performance

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

i played the beta on ps4 and was very pleased

its not great but it'll definately work for local tournaments so TOs dont have to scramble to replace all their consoles right away

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

morestuff posted:

Yeah, for some reason fights default to 30 fps in World Tour in resolution mode, locked 60 in performance

The demo also defaults to 30 for World Tour fights on PC for some insane reason. I forget what the toggle in the options is called.

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.
https://twitter.com/Sachieehkun/status/1657768224920854528

...huh

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
hey siri, show me Waluigi feet

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!

Basticle posted:

The demo also defaults to 30 for World Tour fights on PC for some insane reason. I forget what the toggle in the options is called.

On PC it’s literally called “30FPS in world tour battles” yes/no

Glagha
Oct 13, 2008

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAaaAAAaaAAaAA
AAAAAAAaAAAAAaaAAA
AAAA
AaAAaaA
AAaaAAAAaaaAAAAAAA
AaaAaaAAAaaaaaAA

Wait that's intentional? Why the gently caress is it like that? I thought my PC was chugging for some reason when the frames dropped

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!
I mean I get it, World Tour is probably significantly more intensive than the actual versus mode, just because every single fight has to render a much more complex background.

They probably made a mistake by setting the 30fps limit to the default without really communicating that, though. It might be the better choice as far as performance on an average machine goes, but it's hard to recognize and appreciate that if you don't know that's what it's doing.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DXb6xzN4VzM

Digital Foundry did their usual work on the SF6 demo.

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

Looks like Gief / Lilly do in fact have one button inputs for their 360 moves in Modern mode so we’ll see how that works out

Weird Pumpkin
Oct 7, 2007

morestuff posted:

Looks like Gief / Lilly do in fact have one button inputs for their 360 moves in Modern mode so we’ll see how that works out

tbh I don't think that really changes anything. Doing a standing 360 isn't really that hard.

Though I guess it does make it easier though to do something like block, and then if you realize you've got a gap SPD instantly instead of having to churn the butter

Edit: actually how do the special moves work in modern anyway? Is it like direction + button gets you a move, or does it just sorta pick one?

Weird Pumpkin fucked around with this message at 00:15 on May 16, 2023

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole
If they're losing 20% damage on it, how worth it are those grabs to use instead of say, a normal grab?

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌

Momomo posted:

If they're losing 20% damage on it, how worth it are those grabs to use instead of say, a normal grab?

Can't tech a command throw, I think, and spd does above 30 percent damage...

Weird Pumpkin
Oct 7, 2007

Man I really hope SF6 lets you select DLC characters you don't own in training mode, that's still one of my biggest pet peeves in fighting games

porfiria
Dec 10, 2008

by Modern Video Games

morestuff posted:

I gotta admit I'm very scared of modern controls.

The fact that pros are toying with them makes me wonder how busted they'll be at lower levels (I know that the pros are using them for things instant Supers for whiff punishing, which probably low levels players won't be doing, but even still). It also seems like a really strange design space where some characters (e.g. Luke) clearly benefit from Modern more than others (like Chun doesn't even have her stance in Modern, apparently?). So certain characters will just dominate at low levels possibly? It just seems like an impossible thing to balance unless Modern is clearly meant to be training wheels, which they're saying it's not. Very very curious to see how it plays out.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Luke has the ability to option select an auto-drive rush DP if someone jumps over his fireball, but he can't use MK in neutral I guess.

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!
Modern controls giving you the optimal target combo depending on if you get a counter hit or not is just so loving stupid and goes completely against what the entire point of an alternative easy control mode should be.

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

Im gonna input all my buttons like a big boy

How does this all work online, like ranked for example? Is there a split? Is it disabled in ranked? Or can people just go ham with their easy mode controls regardless

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Looking forward to all the people who joked about people who don't like finger puzzles now getting smoked by their superior tactical ability with that obstacle removed.

If you lose to someone using modern controls just play better.