Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

shid

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Ivo picking 42 and 4:20 was not lost on me

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

Plaguing your posts with incidental music.
there was a point an episode or two ago when Frankie hit 69 points and you can just see the internal 'heh', too

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Alex Horne doesn't know how to eat a hot dog:

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

Alex ate the bench as it was plated.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

oh jay posted:

Alex ate the bench as it was plated.

"Grotesquely"?

Aphex-
Jan 29, 2006

Dinosaur Gum
Alex and food have a weird relationship. His off menu menu was so strange and I'm not sure he was joking about it.

Dragonstoned
Jan 15, 2006

MR. DOG WITH BEES IN HIS MOUTH AND WHEN HE BARKS HE SHOOTS BEES AT YOU
by Roger Hargreaves

Everyone's reaction to Frankie talking about "co-pilot syndrome" and a plane crash was a top moment

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer
Frankie might honestly be my favorite contestant this season, both for the studio banter and the team dynamic with Ivo. And when he messes up, he messes up in a spectacular fashion - see Big Scottish Dog.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

I wonder if having spent a day doing team tasks with him and gotten used to him is why Ivo seems to be the only contestant able to retort his Scottish sarcasm.

Leatherhead
Jul 3, 2006

For the Angel of Death spread his wings on the blast,
And breathed in the face of the foe as he passed;
And the eyes of the sleepers waxed deadly and chill,
And their hearts but once heaved, and for ever grew still

I think it just really helps that Frankie's comedic style is 'gleeful aggression' and Ivo's is 'passive-aggressive self-deprecation'. They're a pretty natural double act.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

SirSamVimes posted:

I wonder if having spent a day doing team tasks with him and gotten used to him is why Ivo seems to be the only contestant able to retort his Scottish sarcasm.

Ivo's done a pretty decent amount of panel show rounds, so he's practiced at dealing with that kind of banter.

MikeJF fucked around with this message at 19:43 on May 14, 2023

RickRogers
Jun 21, 2020

Woh, is that a thing I like??
Frankie imitating Mae by just walking a little stiff and boring.... Oh dear.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

RickRogers posted:

They seemed really quite put out by that.

RickRogers
Jun 21, 2020

Woh, is that a thing I like??

The_Doctor posted:

They seemed really quite put out by that.

Really looked like he was insinuating they have nothing interesting to make fun of and Mae picked up on it.

Who knows; starting to get an off feeling about this season now.

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe
I dunno, I didn't get any meanness from it. The contestants who had to imitate Jenny and Alex had it easy.

I actually felt more sorry for Jenny there.

Chas McGill fucked around with this message at 21:23 on May 14, 2023

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

RickRogers posted:

His face after that was very 'what do you want from me?'

I don't think they've really interacted at all have they?

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

I have no clue how I would imitate Mae's walk. Let alone how I would make a comedy bit out of a walk that is not especially odd or memorable.

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

RickRogers posted:

lol hes right. it is mean tho

Pablo Bluth
Sep 7, 2007

I've made a huge mistake.
C4 should do a travel show where it's Frankie and Ivo being forces to spend time together.

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe

Pablo Bluth posted:

C4 should do a travel show where it's Frankie and Ivo being forces to spend time together.

I'd like to see them compete in a celebrity Race Across the World.

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Please leave the room if you think this might offend you.
Grimey Drawer

Sudden Loud Noise posted:

I have no clue how I would imitate Mae's walk. Let alone how I would make a comedy bit out of a walk that is not especially odd or memorable.

Their frequent look of earnest concern bordering on mild panic is about the only thing that comes to mind, but that's not really a "walk" per se.

That just reminded me of their incredibly confused expression when Alex spoke in their voice. We had to pause the TV for a while to finish laughing after that one.

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

Yeah Mae is just aggressively normal, idk how I would do it either.

Phigs
Jan 23, 2019

The only way I can think to walk like Mae is to put my head forward and take small steps.

Like how can you do this in a easily identifiable way: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ok1aoO1cj2k&t=5s

OrthoTrot
Dec 10, 2006
Its either Trotsky or its Notsky
I think his look of frustration was more about the task design. Let's face it hardly anyone has a distinctively funny walk. Ivo found the only funny way to do his one and I don't think Frankie could have done the same after "chairgate" last week.

vanity slug
Jul 20, 2010

Frankie probably could've done Ivo running around holding his head in agony and confusion

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Luckily, I *did* save your old avatar. Fucked around and found out indeed.
Yeah, sure, but he wasn't gonna throw the episode like Ivo did because he had a shot at winning.

Phigs
Jan 23, 2019

They lucked out on Jenny getting picked twice because she's definitely the one with the most distinctive way of moving about.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Yeah, and it's possible to mime Alex pretty easily (and you don't have to care about hurting his feelings like you do with everyone else because lolalex)

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

The "don't crack the egg" was also bad task design IMO. It's a great visual and auditory gag, but the answer to "How are they supposed to do this?" is either "Move the dot" or "Hear the scary noise and guess."

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
People don’t appreciate that TM is so huge over in the UK that people run illegal street competitions. Curiously, Alex is still the assistant. I found the remains of such a task this morning.

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Luckily, I *did* save your old avatar. Fucked around and found out indeed.

The "don't crack the egg" was also bad task design IMO. It's a great visual and auditory gag, but the answer to "How are they supposed to do this?" is either "Move the dot" or "Hear the scary noise and guess."

I dunno, I think the wide variety of reactions and the way people approached it made it interesting. Compare to the dancing task, for example.

thehustler
Apr 17, 2004

I am very curious about this little crescendo
Matafeo/Wozniak have the Junior Taskmaster hosting gig

https://twitter.com/BritishComedy/status/1658405274938425344

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Okay, I'm on board now. Doesn't even matter who's the assistant, and who's the taskmaster.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

I feel like there's going to be a very different dynamic if those two are the hosts. Which is good, it means they're not just trying to replicate the standard taskmaster formula but with less swears.

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

yeah okay sold

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

I feel like Rose is going to be the TM. I’ve previously said it would probably be a woman, and with this pairing, I’ll call that a definite.

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

The article says Rose is TM and Mike the assistant.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Makes sense, honestly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vanity slug
Jul 20, 2010

It's... Little Mike Wozniaaak